Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,718 members, 7,914,962 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 02:03 PM

Soldiers Beat NYSC Member To Coma In Katsina NYSC Camp - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Soldiers Beat NYSC Member To Coma In Katsina NYSC Camp (31007 Views)

Married Female Corper Caught Having Sex By Soldiers In Plateau State NYSC Camp / "Corper's Finger Cut Off In Katsina" - Twitter User Says (Graphic Pics) / NYSC Member Got People Talking As She Bares Cleavage In Her Uniform (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soldiers Beat NYSC Member To Coma In Katsina NYSC Camp by GodMode: 4:55pm On May 15, 2015
ozodigboo:
I'll never support someone being beaten to the point of coma, but plz we need to remember that the NYSC is a military posting, and not somewhere to go n show others who your parents are, or that you attended the best University.
Plz, just go there, be a mugu for 3 weeks, and move on with your life.
If u don't disobey orders, u'll enjoy camp.
Camp is enjoyable.......once-in-a-lifetime chance to live n mix up with all ethnic groups at the same time.........u'll never get that chance again.
There are some spoilt kids who are not used to obeying orders ........they find it hard when they get to camp.

Stop defending injustice..
Re: Soldiers Beat NYSC Member To Coma In Katsina NYSC Camp by GodMode: 4:57pm On May 15, 2015
all4naija:
The education ministry of Nigeria or whatever section of the government responsible for this mandatory one-year bullsh*t called Youth Service should remove it from the academic system. It is very military in nature and doesn't look like a modern approach to those who acquired knowledge. We aren't living in the world of physical approach to activities any more but of technology, intelligence,etc. The ones with better intelligence win the race not physical strength. Why do Nigeria always like stress and unintelligent processes. As if the educated youths are in the communist North Korea. I can clearly see one of the reasons the Nigerian army is so unprofessional. Ptui! angry angry angry lipsrsealed lipsrsealed cry cry cry

There is nothing military about it...

Corpers don't get gun trainingangry
Re: Soldiers Beat NYSC Member To Coma In Katsina NYSC Camp by GodMode: 4:59pm On May 15, 2015
nairation:

I am nt in support of the beating ooo
But if you ever go to the camp and see how some CMs disrespect these men...
You will feel like kicking the CM in the eye...
Instead of beating sef..let dem just demobilize dem...
make i see who e go pain pass
Only f:oolish people with pride have concerns about respect or disrespect...
Re: Soldiers Beat NYSC Member To Coma In Katsina NYSC Camp by Nobody: 5:01pm On May 15, 2015
GodMode:

There is nothing military about it...

Corpers don't get gun trainingangry
Oh,please! Military is not about guns. Possibly, you don't know what I connote with that word. It means relating to some characteristic of soldiers.
Re: Soldiers Beat NYSC Member To Coma In Katsina NYSC Camp by Nobody: 5:02pm On May 15, 2015
MrScript:

Dah hasn't justified y a CM dat s serving d nation voluntarily shud b beaten 2 coma by a soldier bosting around with just a sec. Sch certificate. Na dia type d run from maiduguri

national service is COMPULSORY and not VOLUNTARY , its also a civic duty. Your rights as a citizen comes with duties and responsibilities.

Nothing justifies beating a CM to coma, there are disciplinary processes by the NYSC and the army that are to be followed, we were not there to know if the guys were rude beyond what the soldiers could take and had to show them say khaki no be leather
Re: Soldiers Beat NYSC Member To Coma In Katsina NYSC Camp by WarHorse1(m): 5:02pm On May 15, 2015
So many ignorant people here. When you are in camp, you are as good as a potential soldier under recruit. Until the passing out day, those soldiers are superior to you. I don't know what kind of beating was involved. Pictures woulds have helped. Hoping the reported is not demonstrating hyperbole. However, if the level of stubbornness of the corp members constituted an assault on the authorities within the camp, you fit see anything. After camp, corp member are treated with the regard given to a lieutenant in the army. I served in the barracks and was informed by military officers. Recall your oat if you have taken one - you are there to pay the supreme price (death) should circumstance call for it. Your University certificate means nothing in the camp. The only thing that makes you different from a recruit foot soldier is that you are not been trained to shoot. Else, same same.

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Beat NYSC Member To Coma In Katsina NYSC Camp by LasoulMacuby(m): 5:04pm On May 15, 2015
Nice one from the soldiers, it's called a regimented camp, and as such all should be prepared to face it.
Soldiers are very disciplined set of people, and the won't just go about beating helpless CMs for nothing
Out of over 2k corpers in the camp, why only 3? I suspect all these cultists who always want to show off
Kill them All

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Beat NYSC Member To Coma In Katsina NYSC Camp by ElFenomeno1: 5:05pm On May 15, 2015
Yeppaaaaaaaa!
Re: Soldiers Beat NYSC Member To Coma In Katsina NYSC Camp by jige4topclass(m): 5:05pm On May 15, 2015
Don't mind dem. Some are even saying " voluntary service" no b by force o. If u no wan serve u fit stay your father haus o
Re: Soldiers Beat NYSC Member To Coma In Katsina NYSC Camp by GodMode: 5:05pm On May 15, 2015
all4naija:
Oh,please! Military is not about gun. Possibly, you don't know what I connote with that word. It means relating to some characteristic of soldiers.

Military is about gun Ooooo...
Learning how to fight...
Learning how to shoot...
Re: Soldiers Beat NYSC Member To Coma In Katsina NYSC Camp by LasoulMacuby(m): 5:07pm On May 15, 2015
all4naija:
Oh,please! Military is not about gun. Possibly, you don't know what I connote with that word. It means relating to some characteristic of soldiers.
No amount of CMs training can be equalled to what a soldier man faces. I went to NMS Zaria, and can conveniently tell you what happens in camp is child's play even without the guns
Re: Soldiers Beat NYSC Member To Coma In Katsina NYSC Camp by airzzee(m): 5:07pm On May 15, 2015
Power has gone back to Aboki, so aboki must show their colour! After all, "My braza is frezident!"
Re: Soldiers Beat NYSC Member To Coma In Katsina NYSC Camp by GodMode: 5:08pm On May 15, 2015
WarHorse1:
So many ignorant people here. When you are in camp, you are as good as a potential soldier under recruit. Until the passing out day, those soldiers are superior to you. I don't know what kind of beating was involved. Pictures woulds have helped. Hoping the reported is not demonstrating hyperbole. However, if the level of stubbornness of the corp members constituted an assault on the authorities within the camp, you fit see anything. After camp, corp member are treated with the regard given to a lieutenant in the army. I served in the barracks and was informed by military officers. Recall your oat if you have taken one - you are there to pay the supreme price (death) should circumstance call for it. Your University certificate means nothing in the camp. The only thing that makes you different from a recruit foot soldier is that you are not been trained to shoot. Else, same same.

Rubbish..

No one is superior to anyone..
Re: Soldiers Beat NYSC Member To Coma In Katsina NYSC Camp by Nobody: 5:10pm On May 15, 2015
Rubbish!!!how will a soldier beat up a fellow soldier?u dey use ur hatred for millitary update nonsense. I'm sure this is a new way of boko haram's fight against the millitary and the nation.

Nah so one just form one yeye story yesterday.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Beat NYSC Member To Coma In Katsina NYSC Camp by Nobody: 5:10pm On May 15, 2015
GodMode:

Military is about gun Ooooo...
Learning how to fight...
Learning how to shoot...
angry angry angry angry angry. You still don't get it. See to what connotation means in the dictionary. angry
Re: Soldiers Beat NYSC Member To Coma In Katsina NYSC Camp by mandax: 5:10pm On May 15, 2015
Nigerian soldiers fast regaining their notoriety of looking down on Nigeria's civilians. That was after Nigerians voted a soldier, Muhammadu Buhari, to become Nigeria's president after Buhari sacked a civilian government and led Nigeria as HoS.

Nigeria's electorate in that election assured Nigerian spldiers that Nigerian civilians do not worth it.
Re: Soldiers Beat NYSC Member To Coma In Katsina NYSC Camp by Nobody: 5:11pm On May 15, 2015
I say remove Youth Service from Nigerian education system!
Re: Soldiers Beat NYSC Member To Coma In Katsina NYSC Camp by GodMode: 5:12pm On May 15, 2015
all4naija:
angry angry angry angry angry. You still don't get it. See to what connotation means in the dictionary. angry

You don't get it at all angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Soldiers Beat NYSC Member To Coma In Katsina NYSC Camp by Nobody: 5:13pm On May 15, 2015
GodMode:

You don't get at all angry angry angry angry angry
sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed cry cry cry
Re: Soldiers Beat NYSC Member To Coma In Katsina NYSC Camp by shegzee43: 5:13pm On May 15, 2015
Dahveydson:
Soldiers don't go about beating CMs, what did the CMs do?
Some proud CMs disobey soldiers so rudely and expect preferential treatment because they "know" someone.

I insist that physical assault is not a civilised way of reacting to rude behaviour. Other disciplinary actions should have been meted on the corp member. Believe me, our military is loosing its touch, our soldiers are gradually becoming overbearing, an attestation to the fact that our society is catching up quickly with Hobesian state of nature.
Re: Soldiers Beat NYSC Member To Coma In Katsina NYSC Camp by Nobody: 5:13pm On May 15, 2015
GodMode:

Rubbish..

No one is superior to anyone..
u won't know until u finish getting sense. U go school?

Wen u get a job, anyone at all...challenge ur boss and prove to him he's not superior to u. Not even ur boss, challenge a staff that got the job before, nah that time u go know another word called 'misconduct'.

Even in the spiritual realm, there is superiority.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Beat NYSC Member To Coma In Katsina NYSC Camp by odave: 5:14pm On May 15, 2015
I'm not surprised sha, that's naija for u. Why beat someone to coman why? I think FG should stop this time wasting programme, the money to be spent on each corper is well over 600k. Why can't government use 500k to establish each graduate. This would encourage youth to be educated, provide jobs creation, promote sme and development. Let them write good business proposal while in school, train them and Give every graduate 500k as a start up. Imagine having like 100k entrepreneurs and SMEs in nigeria every year!
Re: Soldiers Beat NYSC Member To Coma In Katsina NYSC Camp by yemmybx(m): 5:19pm On May 15, 2015
solid3:
Nice one. All this children of now a days who have no respect for constituted authority, it serves them right.
Re: Soldiers Beat NYSC Member To Coma In Katsina NYSC Camp by Benbobola(m): 5:20pm On May 15, 2015
solid3:
Nice one. All this children of now a days who have no respect for constituted authority, it serves them right.
so if d one in coma dies, u av no problem with that right? Everywhere in d world, there are boys and girls who dont respect authority. it is barbaric beating them up to the level of coma. that is y we have law and order. can u say d beating by soldiers was d law? dis african mentality may be d end of us one day if we are not careful
Re: Soldiers Beat NYSC Member To Coma In Katsina NYSC Camp by sinator(m): 5:22pm On May 15, 2015
MrScript:

Dah hasn't justified y a CM dat s serving d nation voluntarily shud b beaten 2 coma by a soldier bosting around with just a sec. Sch certificate. Na dia type d run from maiduguri
u knw ntn... Aw many cm's hv gone to fight boko haram... Trash talk
Re: Soldiers Beat NYSC Member To Coma In Katsina NYSC Camp by SFSNIPER(m): 5:24pm On May 15, 2015
MrScript:

1). Between a soldier and CM who is doing voluntary service to the nation?
2). Don't just assume every soldier has "just" an SSCE. I have a Bsc but I used my SSCE to join the Army and hope to go for DSS after sometime. Dats just an example, I have many more colleagues who all have a Bsc or Msc added.
3). NO SOLDIER just starts beating up a CM. Last year I was in Sokoto camp and on a fateful day at the mammy Mkt, I overheard some female CMS insulting a soldier just because he wakes them "too early". They said stuff like "him think say to get degree na beans"? Meanwhile, the soldier in question has an Msc. Now, they had forgotten that we take instructions from the camp CMDT.
I called them and cautioned them, and I also called the soldier to come around and we spoke about his papers. He didn't know why I brought up that topic but the CMS got my point.
4). If you are not sent to Maiduguri, you can't just go. And 90% of us in the North have tasted it so it is not new. I've even lost very close mates, some died before my eyes. And I can tell you that if you know what we see down there you'll NEVER loosely tell your relative to go there the way you say it to other soldiers.
5). The way you relate with and treat a soldier determines how he will treat you. Make enquiries about this incident well and you may find out the CMS resisted a lighter punishment and probably said some insultive words. I bet you!
I'll always stand up in defense of my colleagues anywhere, anytime. Just like I'll do for innocent civilians. Good evening.

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Soldiers Beat NYSC Member To Coma In Katsina NYSC Camp by yemmybx(m): 5:25pm On May 15, 2015
ONE THE CIVILIANS WILL RISE AGAINST INHUMANE TREATMENT FROM THIS SO CALLED ROOTLESS KHAKI BOYS. THEY CANT DEFEND US BUT OFFEND US STRATEGICALLY. I THINK THAT DAY, FEAR WILL BE KILLED FIRST BEFORE THE CIVILIANS DECEND ON THEM. THEY ARE HUMAN LIKE US...
Re: Soldiers Beat NYSC Member To Coma In Katsina NYSC Camp by iukpe: 5:26pm On May 15, 2015
onoikenna:
Soldiers today's morning allegedly beat 3 Corps members in Katsina NYSC camp mercilessly,with one of the Corps members going unconscious.

According to a twitter user Mariam Otun who is serving in Katsina,the Corps members are planning to stage a protest in the streets of Katsina.It should be recalled soldiers recently beat a Corps member to coma in Nasarawa state.

What did the corps members do? Lets leave the issue of justification aside for now, what went wrong first?

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Beat NYSC Member To Coma In Katsina NYSC Camp by abubkhr: 5:34pm On May 15, 2015
Orunto:
What the NYSC did to warrant beating must be made known to us. Katsina is a border town and there are collaborating criminals all over there.

So you think everyone is like you abi?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

29-Year-Old Corper Slumps, Dies While Playing Basketball / 2017 Nysc Batch A Time Table (official) Picture Included / Nysc In Enugu State..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.