Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,393 members, 7,947,656 topics. Date: Friday, 13 September 2024 at 06:08 AM

Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. - Sports (103) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. (257068 Views)

Nigeria Vs South Africa 2019 AFCON Qualifiers: 0 - 2 (Full Time) / Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) / Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) ... (161) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by NLban: 1:06pm On Feb 02, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
NFF Threaten To Suspend, Demote Oliseh Over CHAN Utterances
[/size]

By Richard Jideaka, Abuja:

Irked by the failure of the Super Eagles at the ongoing African Nations Championship, the Nigeria Football Federation may suspend or demote head coach Sunday Oliseh over utterances considered as an affront by his employers.

Completesportsnigeria.com gathered that officials of the federation are annoyed by Oliseh’s buck passing and comments after the Super Eagles crashed out of CHAN in Rwanda in the first round.

Oliseh blamed lack of motivation for Eagles’ early exit from CHAN claiming that he fed the team with his money to the tune of $4000 at their training camp in Pretoria, South Africa.

Fuming with rage, an executive committee member of the Nigeria Football Federation who requested anonymity revealed that the federation has been keeping records of Oliseh’s comments on radio and print media, and will act at the appropriate time.

“Oliseh should have taken responsibility for the Eagles crash and move on with preparations for the all-important AFCON qualifiers against Egypt, but he chose to make the NFF the scape goat with his comments that his players were not motivated,” the NFF official said.

“His behaviour after the exit of the Eagles from CHAN is an infringement on the code of conduct for national teams and he cannot claim ignorance of this because he was given a copy of the COC when took the job as head coach of the Super Eagles.

“We are waiting for his technical report and reply to the query before he faces the technical committee who will recommend what action to be taken against him.

“The truth be said, Oliseh has yet to show signs that he is capable of taking the Eagles to the expected heights. We might ask him to work under a technical adviser or resign if he cannot but we can’t risk leaving him to experiment with our dear Super Eagles.”

Read more at http://www.completesportsnigeria.com/oliseh-faces-suspension-demotion-over-chan-utterances/#Sob0VgUL2zplW0W4.99
[/b]
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by NLban: 1:06pm On Feb 02, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
I won’t quit –Oliseh
[/size]

Super Eagles Coach, Sunday Oliseh

Pius Ayinor

Super Eagles coach Sunday Oliseh has declared that he won’t quit his position despite speculations that the former Nigeria was on his way out of the team.

Oliseh, who spoke online with The PUNCH on Monday, denied that he had indicated to the Nigeria Football Federation his desire to move on.

“I am not quitting,” Oliseh said.

The coach and his players of the home-based Eagles have come under criticism after failing to qualify from the group stages of the 2016 African Nations Championship in Rwanda. The former Eagles captain has stoutly defended their performance in the East African country as he insists that a lot of off-field issues affected them.

Some European coaches have already been linked with the Eagles’ job, which Oliseh has yet to declare vacant. An associate of the Eagles coach, who later spoke with our correspondent on Monday said even though Oliseh would remain on his post, a lot of things have to be discussed and changed for the Eagles to make any meaningful impact in the 2017 Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers.

He said, “A lot of things have to change and these are what will be ironed out before another competition starts. The money crisis was a huge one. The players were doing well at the start but their attitude and form dipped when it became very evident that they would not get their cash until after the tournament.

“But if the NFF didn’t have the cash, they could have supported the team in many other ways. They were left alone in a very small two-star hotel in Rwanda. Most of the times the players could not eat what was served by the hotel and Oliseh had to supplement with cash to enable the players eat outside. The coach also assisted many who could not really get quality boot and this was a drain to his pocket.

“In the Abuja camp, there was little or no visit from the NFF team. When you owe players, you should stay close enough to make them believe that they will truly get their money later.”

Last week Oliseh told The PUNCH that the players based abroad were continuously calling him to be sure of the finances of the team. Our correspondent confirmed that the players have not been paid their allowances for the match they played against Swaziland in November. There’s fear that they may become reluctant to show for the March qualifier against Egypt.
http://www.punchng.com/i-wont-quit-oliseh/
[/b]

1 Like

[size=14pt]
Ighalo irreplaceable – Team mate
[/size]
Watford midfielder Adlene Guedioura has labeled Nigeria international Odion Ighalo ‘irreplaceable’ after the netted the winner for Watford in a FA Cup fourth round game.

The Nigeria international now has 15 goals and three assists this season, giving him a key role in 62 per cent of his team’s 29 goals.

“I think the statistics speak for themselves,” said Guedioura, who helped dump former club Forest out of the cup.

“He only came on for a few minutes and scored. He is an amazing player. He is a top, top player for the Premier League – not just for our team.

“It is really important he is staying. If you remove Ighalo it is 60 or 70 per cent fewer goals. I want him to finish the season with a lot more goals and why not be the top scorer in the league?”
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/02/ighalo-irreplaceable-team-mate/

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by NLban: 1:07pm On Feb 02, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Leicester City pull out of deal to sign CSKA Moscow striker Ahmed Musa due to Russian club's £20m-plus asking price

Leicester City boss Claudio Ranieri is keen to add a striker to his squad
The Foxes had two bids for CSKA Moscow striker Ahmed Musa rejected
Dwight Gayle and Loic Remy remain transfer targets for Leicester City

By Laurie Whitwell for MailOnline
[/size]
Leicester’s pursuit of Ahmed Musa will likely have to wait until the summer, with both CSKA Moscow and the Nigeria striker’s camp insisting he will stay in Russia.

The 23-year was a primary target for Ranieri but CSKA’s insistence on a £20million-plus move has ground this one to a halt.

CSKA Moscow had already rejected two bids for Nigeria international Musa from the Premier League leaders as they looked to bolster their strikeforce with Jamie Vardy, Shinji Okazaki and Leonardo Ulloa their current options in attack.

CSK Moscow striker Ahmed Musa was a transfer target for Premier League leaders Leicester City

The Foxes where keen to sign the 23-year-old but were put off by CSKA's Insistence by a 20 million Euros Plus deal

Leicester boss Ranieri has said that he was confident of signing a striker, but also expressed calm at progressing with the three forwards in his squad.

Dwight Gayle and Loic Remy remain options for the King Power Stadium outfit to explore.

Gayle fits the profile Ranieri is looking for and Crystal Palace are open to doing business after bringing Emmanuel Adebayor to Selhurst Park.

Remy will come into the reckoning if both those deals fail to materialise. His proven record is counter-balanced by the wages he would require, which would break Leicester’s salary structure and team harmony is a factor.

Meanwhile, the Foxes' Swiss midfielder Gokhan Inler could still move on loan to get game time ahead of Euro 2016.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3426906/Leicester-City-pull-deal-sign-CSKA-Moscow-striker-Ahmed-Musa-Russian-club-s-20m-plus-asking-price.html#ixzz3z0lYuJgt
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 9:14pm On Feb 03, 2016
NLban:
[size=14pt]
Ighalo irreplaceable – Team mate
[/size]
Watford midfielder Adlene Guedioura has labeled Nigeria international Odion Ighalo ‘irreplaceable’ after the netted the winner for Watford in a FA Cup fourth round game.

The Nigeria international now has 15 goals and three assists this season, giving him a key role in 62 per cent of his team’s 29 goals.

“I think the statistics speak for themselves,” said Guedioura, who helped dump former club Forest out of the cup.

“He only came on for a few minutes and scored. He is an amazing player. He is a top, top player for the Premier League – not just for our team.

“It is really important he is staying. If you remove Ighalo it is 60 or 70 per cent fewer goals. I want him to finish the season with a lot more goals and why not be the top scorer in the league?”
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/02/ighalo-irreplaceable-team-mate/

Its always good to be where you are valued. Ighalo took the right decision not to sign for A. Madrid.

Imagine the kind of support he gets from his team mates, let alone his Coaches and the fans.
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 9:36pm On Feb 03, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Emenike will shine in EPL says Victor Moses
[/size]

Victor Moses

Victor Moses has welcomed international teammate Emmanuel Emenike to West Ham, saying the striker will shine in the English Premier League.

Both Nigeria stars are on loan at the ambitious London club.

“I firmly believe he will be good in the Premier League and for West Ham as well. Having a player such as him up front gives you that strength,” said Victor Moses, who combined beautifully with Emenike for Nigeria to win a third AFCON title three years ago.

“He’s always played up front for the Super Eagles and hopefully he will come here and show everyone what he can do.

“His strengths? He’s quick and strong at the same time.

“With the Super Eagles we call him ‘The Big Man’. Once he has the ball he has the strength to go through players and he makes sure he wins his battles.”

Chelsea loanee further told the West Ham official website he encouraged Emenike to take his chance with ’The Hammers’.

“He called me up and told me the club were interested in him. I told him ‘You should come and play in the Premier League, West Ham are a family club, everyone here is friendly, we have a good manager here and the people are lovely. I said to him ‘Come and express yourself and you will do well,” he revealed.
africanfootball.com/news/608004/Emenike-will-shine-in-EPL-says-Victor-Moses
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 9:51pm On Feb 03, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
AF Nigeria 2016 CAF Champions League Saudi Arabia
Emem Eduok rejected Saudi loan move - agent
[/size]

Emem Eduok facing tough times at Tunisian club Esperance

The agent of Emem Edouk has alleged the striker has come under heavy fire at Tunisian club Esperance after he refused to agree a loan move to Saudi club Al-Khaleej.

England-based agent Ojore Oka has maintained his player has not breached any code of conduct, but rather his problems started when he refused to sign on a loan move to Saudi Arabia.

“The fact of the matter is Esperance FC had intended to loan Emem Eduok to Al-Khaleej FC in Saudi Arabia during this January transfer window. They had accepted an offer from the Saudi club and asked Emem Eduok over to the club's office to sign the deal. But we rejected the offer as we felt playing in Saudi Arabia would not enhance his football in any way, shape or form, at least not at this time,” said Oka.

“Emem Eduok was 22 on the 31st January, 2016, and clearly this isn't the time for such a talented player to go to Saudi Arabia, when we have a number of suitors from the mainstream European leagues.

“So, we’re sure that some individuals who would have profited very handsomely from the Saudi club’s loan deal are unhappy with Emem Eduok.”

The agent claimed his client’s international passport has been withheld by Esperance and that stopped him from visiting his family in Nigeria recently.

"It is unfortunate that at this age and time, a club of Esperance stature and experience could resort to what I call ‘a form of modern-day slavery’,” he narrated.

“The fact of the matter is Emem Eduok wanted to travel to visit his family in Nigeria when the club was on official break for a week, but the club officials refused to release his international passport to him.

“Just for the records, the other Nigerian in the team, Bernard Bulbwa, was allowed to travel home.

“I thought this attitude was unprofessional and unusual. So, we wrote to the club to ask for an explanation, but didn’t get a response. After several unanswered phone calls, I finally got an official who informed me that his passport would be released to him on the 15th January.

“When this wasn’t going to happen, I traveled to Tunis to find out exactly what was happening.

What I found out on getting to Tunis was very shocking and deplorable. Apparently, they had withheld his passport and stopped him from taking his week-long break to visit his family in Nigeria, so as not to jeopardise their plans to loaning Emem Eduok to a club in Saudi Arabia.

“So, when we went to the club’s office on the 15th of January to pick up Emem’s passport, they put an offer in front of us and asked that he signed it. In all my years of working in football, I’ve never seen a situation where a club transfers a player without informing him and allowing him to negotiate his personal terms.

“So, as I said earlier, we refused the offer outright.
“Yes, Emem Eduok, has a contract with Esperance, but he cannot be sold without our consent. This is indeed akin to human trafficking, and I cannot allow that under my watch.”

However, the agent said the striker will honour his contract at Esperance.

“Emem Eduok has a contract until 2018 and he loves the fans of Esperance FC very much. He would respect the terms of his contract to the minutest detail, every bit of it,” he said.

“Don’t forget, just last season he was tearing defences apart in Tunisia and the continent and scoring goals for fun; in fact he was highest goal-scorer for Esperance FC last season despite joining in the mid-season.

“So, inspite of the unprofessional ways he’s been treated and the fact that he’s owed a huge amount of his wages, he’s committed to seeing out his contract. Emem is a consummate professional and will always give his best whenever called upon.”
By Wale Olaniyan
africanfootball.com/news/607996/Emem-Eduok-rejected-Saudi-loan-move-agent
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 9:57pm On Feb 03, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
AF Nigeria Netherlands
Abiola Dauda says he will justify Scotland switch
[/size]

Abiola Dauda moves to Scotland

Nigerian striker Abiola Dauda has said he hopes to justify his loan move to Scottish club Hearts from Dutch club Vitesse Arnhem.

The 27-year-old striker has joined ‘The Jambos’ on loan from Vitesse Arnhem until the end of the season.

Speaking to Hearts TV, the former Kalmar hitman said: “I’m really happy to have signed, it’s been a long day but this has been worth waiting for.

“I’ve had a great welcome here. I spoke with Robbie on the phone and he told me he has followed me for quite a while now, and as a player it is a dream to hear a coach say that.

“Now I have to go on the pitch and show him he made the right decision. I’m really looking forward to meeting my teammates and learning the team’s style of play.”
africanfootball.com/news/607976/Abiola-Dauda-says-he-will-justify-Scotland-switch
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 10:05pm On Feb 03, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
AF Nigeria USA
Bright Dike hopeful Russian club will give him contract
[/size]

Bright Dike (right)

Nigeria striker Bright Dike has told AfricanFootball.com he hopes to seal a move to Russian Premier League side Amkar Perm after he was invited to be part of the team’s second phase camping in Spain.

Emenike promises goals in EPL
Dike, who scored a cracking goal with a shot outside the box in a friendly game for Amkar in UAE, said he hope his dream to play in Europe will come true with the Russian club.

"I have been invited to the team's training camp in Spain which means I did well in UAE,” he told AfricanFootball.com

"Just by the grace of God I will sign with them because I have been trying to come to Europe for a long time and I believe that will materialise now."

He has played for MLS sides Portland Timbers and Toronto FC as well as second division side, San Antonio Scorpions.

He scored two goals in a handful of appearances for Nigeria.
By Olusola Alao
africanfootball.com/news/607959/Bright-Dike-hopeful-Russian-club-will-give-him-contract
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 10:07pm On Feb 03, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
AF Nigeria Russia
Russian club unhappy with Ogude lateness, Izunna exit
[/size]

Fegor Ogude

Amkar Perm coach Haji Hajiyev has expressed his disappointment over the inability of Nigeria midfielder Fegor Ogude to join the training camp in UAE in time, just as he regretted the exit of Izunna Uzochukwu from the Russian club.

Hajiyev said the first phase of preparation for the league resumption was satisfactory as he looks forward to great second phase in Spain.

"I think the first phase of camping was satisfactory. It is a pity that from the beginning we didn't have Fegor Ogude of the camp and the departure of Izunna Uzochukwu was not good for us,” said the coach.

"We have had many players trying with us and we dropped half of them already."

Ogude's reported late to camp after his wife was kidnapped in Nigeria, while Izunna Uzochukwu quit the Russian club for OB Odense of Denmark.
africanfootball.com/news/608202/Russian-club-unhappy-with-Ogude-lateness-Izunna-exit
[/b]
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 10:09pm On Feb 03, 2016
[size=14pt]
AF Nigeria Israel
John Ogu thrilled by new role at Israeli club
[/size]

John Ogu (far right)

Nigeria international John Ogu has said he has adapted fully with his new role at his Israeli club Hapoel Be’er Sheva.

Ogu was played as an attacking midfielder, but he is now playing as a defensive midfielder for his side.

"I will rate myself high this season because I am playing in a new position and I did all I could to adapt fast to it as the season progress, it feels great and I’m glad with it," Ogu said.

He is aiming high with Hapoel Be'er Sheva this season.
"We have an objective this season, we are working towards it and trying to play and win games," Ogu said.
africanfootball.com/news/608204/John-Ogu-thrilled-by-new-role-at-Israeli-club

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 10:11pm On Feb 03, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
AF Nigeria 2017 Africa Cup of Nations Qualifiers Egypt
Oliseh, CHAN: NFF technical ctte meet in Uyo
[/size]

Matthew Ifeanyi of Nigeria moves forward as Aboubacar Sylla of Guinea looks on during the 2016 CHAN Rwanda game between Guinea and Nigeria at Rubavu Stadium, Rubavu on 26 January 2016 ©Ryan Wilkisky/BackpagePix

The technical committee of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) are to meet in Uyo Thursday evening to discuss the country’s failure at CHAN 2016.

The country’s team led by coach Sunday Oliseh failed to go past the first round of the CHAN in Rwanda.

Oliseh is expected to submit a technical report from this tournament, which the committee will deliberate upon as the country steps up plans for two crucial AFCON 2017 qualifiers against Egypt in March.

Media reports have suggested Oliseh is averse to reporting to the committee, which is headed by Chris Green.

He did not return with the team from Rwanda and rather headed back to his base in Belgium to further fuel speculations about his future.

Several top foreign coaches like Claude Le Roy and Herve Renard have indicated interest to take over the Eagles.
africanfootball.com/news/608379/Oliseh-CHAN-NFF-technical-ctte-meet-in-Uyo
[/b]
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 10:20pm On Feb 03, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Chikatara, Ighalo, Iheanacho Up For Complete Sports Player Of The Month
[/size]

Comple tesportsnigeria.com presents the three nominees for the January 2016 Complete Sports Player of the Month, the Nigerian stars who were outstanding for club or country (or both) during the past month.

To vote for your favourite player, go to the ‘Leave A Reply’ field below the profiles and name the player. Voting closes at 12 midnight on Sunday, 7 February.

Profiles written by James Agberebi:
KELECHI IHEANACHO, MANCHESTER CITY
Kelechi Iheanacho has continued to grow in leaps and bounds since breaking into the first team of Manchester City this season.

The 2013 FIFA U-17 World Cup Most Valuable Player has justified the faith placed in him by Manuel Pellegrini, scoring goals and also providing assists for team-mates.

And it didn’t come as a surprise when he was eventually nominated for last year’s Golden Boy Award, which was won by Manchester United Anthony Martial.

Iheanacho had a very good January.
On Saturday 9 January, Iheanacho was on target for Manchester City, who beat Norwich 3-0 in the FA Cup. Iheanacho scored the second goal for City.

In the game against struggling Aston Villa on Saturday 16 January, Iheanacho created an assist for Sergio Aguero in a 4-0 win. He later went off for Yaya Toure on 57 minutes.

On Saturday 23 January, City played against West Ham in the EPL which ended 2-2. Iheanacho was introduced for Fabian Delph with 14 minutes remaining in the game.

And on Saturday 30 January, Iheanacho grabbed his first ever hat-trick as City demolish Aston Villa 4-0 in an FA Cup fifth round tie.

And as a reward for his excellent display, Pellegrini included him in City’s Champions League squad ahead of the round of 16 fixtures.
Four goals in January for a youngster is no mean feat.

ODION IGHALO, WATFORD
Current Complete Sports Player of the Year winner, Odion Ighalo, has returned to what he knows how to do best, which is scoring goals for Watford City after experiencing a mini-drought.

The former Granada forward, has contributed a lot to Watford’s impressive performances in the Premier League that one would have wondered where they would have been without his goals.

And to cap a wonderful display, Ighalo and his manager Quique Sanchez Flores were voted Premier League Player and Manager for the month of December.

Ighalo was in action for Watford against Manchester City on Saturday 2 January. Unfortunately, Ighalo, who played 90 minutes in the game, couldn’t prevent the Hornets from losing 2-1 at Vicarage Road.

On Saturday 9 January, Ighalo came off the bench to replace Jose Jurado in Watford’s FA Cup home tie against Newcastle. Watford went on to win the game.

In a Premier League clash away to Southampton, held on Wednesday 13 January, Ighalo was in action for 90 minutes but Watford fell 2-0 to the Saints.

Watford’s poor form in the league continued when they took on Swansea on Monday 18 January as they lost 1-0. Ighalo featured in the game, but couldn’t rescued at least a point for Watford.

Ighalo returned to scoring ways as he helped Watford bounce back following their 2-1 home win against Newcastle on Saturday 23 January. He not only scored, he also provided an assist.

And in the FA Cup game away to Nottingham Forest, on Saturday 30 January, Ighalo came off the bench to score the only goal in a 1-0 win to advance into the next round.

CHISOM CHIKATARA, ABIA WARRIORS
Despite a very poor outing by the home-based Super Eagles at the on-going Africa Nations Championship, crashing out in the group stage, Abia Warriors forward, Chisom Chikatara, distinguished himself.

The young striker impressed many with his skills, positioning and goal sense to the amazement of everybody.

Popularly known as the ‘Kolanut boy’, even the legendary Roger Milla, tipped him for great things in the future.

And it is not a surprise that Chikatara, will not be showcasing his talents in the Nigerian Premier League when the new season kicks off, as he is onhos way to Moroccan giants Wydad Casablanca.

Starting from the bench, Chikatara was introduced against Niger Republic in Nigeria’s first game on Monday 18 January at the Africa Nations Championship, and he unleashed mayhem, scoring a hat-trick in a 4-1 win.

On Friday 22 January, Chikatara continued his goal-scoring form as he netted the first goal against Tunisia. The North-Africans rallied back through Ahmed Akaichi to end the game 1-1.

And in the last group game against Guinea on Tuesday 26 January, the Eagles needed just a draw but ended up losing 1-0.

Chikatara came on in the second half but couldn’t salvage anything for the team, as they crashed out of the tournament.
www.completesportsnigeria.com/38439-2/
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 10:27pm On Feb 03, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Echiejile Back In Training After Injury Setback
[/size]

By Johnny Edward:
Super Eagles left-back, Elderson Echiejile, rejoined his French side Monaco in training on Wednesday weeks after suffering a hamstring injury that kept him out of the squad, Completesportsnigeria.com reports.

Echiejile is however targeting a quick return after being passed fully fit by the club’s medics.

“I’m happy to be back in training because there's always something new to learn,” Echiejile told Completesportsnigeria.com.

The former SC Braga defender however hopes to be in the squad to face Nice this weekend.

"I have started full training and I hope to be back pretty soon with the squad."

The Nigerian international who has played 12 times in the Ligue 1 this term last played Troyes on the 19th of December.

Monaco are second on the French League table with 42 points from 24 games and are 21 points adrift current Champions and leaders PSG who host Lorient on Wednesday.
www.completesportsnigeria.com/echiejile-back-in-training-after-injury-setback/
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 10:35pm On Feb 03, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Green: Oliseh Learnt From CHAN Failure, Focusing On Egypt
[/size]

By Bamidele Boluwaji:
Nigeria Football Federation's Technical Committee boss, Chris Green believes that Super Eagles Coach, Sunday Oliseh, has learnt a lot of lessons from the 2016 CHAN where Nigeria failed to go beyond the first round after losing 1-0 to Guinea in their last Group C game, Completesportsnigeria.com reports.

Green, a legal practitioner who was in Rwanda with the Home Eagles, also assured that despite the team's failure at 2016 CHAN, the Nigeria Football Federation will continue to support Sunday Oliseh as they look forward to beating Egypt home and away in the 2017 African Cup of Nations qualifiers coming up next month.

"Well, we are out of CHAN and nobody is happy about it. I actually felt sorry for the coaches and players that cried uncontrollably. To the players, it’s an opportunity missed to showcase the stuff they are made, for them to get international recognition and attention," Green told Completesortsnigeria.com.

"The coaches felt really bad for all their efforts, and difficult it is to bear when you are actually leading the group and the players also playing well. It can happen to anybody. Sometimes the best of teams don't really win tournaments.

"The good thing is that lessons have been learnt from the players, coaches and down to me, the administrators.

"We have to raise our heads and not allow this loss dampen our morale. I just hope Oliseh can recover quickly from this shock because we have qualifiers in the weeks to come. I must give it to him, he really tried his best to build a team. He was very passionate and actually was looking at winning the tournament for Nigerians.

"The way forward is to give the team a short break, for everybody to clear his head and reconvene in preparation for our next games which are very crucial.

"We must start now to plan ahead and correct all our mistakes. The truth for me is that we should not overrate our team, give ourselves at least two years to build and develop properly and at the same time strive very hard to qualify for the Nations Cup and the World Cup."

Green however told Complet esportsmnigeria.com that Oliseh will submit his programme for the Egypt match on time so that they can plan ahead.

"Of course, he has to submit his program on time so that we can push ahead. We shall ensure that we support him all the way," Green stated.
www.completesportsnigeria.com/green-oliseh-learnt-from-chan-failure-focusing-on-egypt/
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 10:47pm On Feb 03, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Chelsea Drop Falcao From Champions League Squad; Include Pato, Mikel
[/size]

Chelsea have dropped striggling Colombia striker Radamel Falcao from the UEFA Champions League club but included January signing Alexandre Pato.

Chelsea added to their ranks with the signing of the Brazilian on-loan from Corinthians until the end of the season, with the Blues also holding a £7million option to sign him permanently in the summer.

But it seems his addition comes at the expense of Radamel Falcao who has yet again struggled to make an impact in the Premier League following last season’s disaster at Manchester United.

Nigeria midfielder Mikel Obi is also in the squad as expected, along with John Terry, Gary Cahill, Pedro, Eden Hazard and all the regular players.

Falcao, who has struggled with injuries this season, has scored just one goal in 11 appearances in all competitions since joining Chelsea following an unsuccessful loan spell at United.

Daily Mail claims that Falcao could still leave Chelsea before the summer with China’s transfer market open until February 26 – a destination the former Atletico Madrid striker has been heavily linked to.

The 29-year-old is currently undergoing physiotherapy after picking up a calf injury but it hasn’t stopped Jiangsu Suning from keeping tabs on his availability.

The Chelsea squad:
Asmir Begovic, Branislav Ivanovic, Cesc Fabregas, Kurt Zouma, Baba Rahman, Oscar, Eden Hazard, Pato, Mikel Obi, Thibaut Courtois, Bertrand Traore, Kenedy, Pedro, Loic Remy, Diego Costa, Matt Miazga, Nemanja Matic, Willian, Gary Cahill, John Terry, Jamal Blackman, Cesar Azpilicueta
www.completesportsnigeria.com/chelsea-drop-falcao-from-champions-league-squad-include-pato-mikel/
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 11:11pm On Feb 03, 2016
[size=14pt]
CHAN: DR Congo Beat Guinea, Zoom Into Final
[/size]

Democratic Republic of Congo have qualified for the final of the 2016 Africa Nations Championship after defeating Guinea 5-4 on penalty shootout in Wednesday's semi-final.

After 90 minutes of goalless football, the game went into extra-time.

In the 101 minutes of extra-time, Jonathan Bolingi put DR Congo ahead.

But with seconds remaining, Ibrahima Sankhon struck to send the game into the lottery of penalties.

And in sudden death, Matampi saved Youla's kick, to send DR Congo into the final.

The second semi-final which come uptomorrowThursday will see Cote d'ivoire square off against Mali.
www.completesportsnigeria.com/chan-dr-congo-beat-guinea-zoom-into-final/
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 11:13pm On Feb 03, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Babangida: Oliseh Is The Right Man To Lead Super Eagles
[/size]

By Adeboye Amosu in Kigali:‎
Ex-international, Tijani Babangida believes Sunday Oliseh is the right man to lead the Super Eagles despite the side's failure to go beyond the group stage at the 2016 African Nations Championship, reports Completesportsnigeria.com.

On Wednesday, reports emerged that French tacticians, Claude Le Roy and Herve Renard have expressed interests in the Super Eagles job.

However, Babangida has insisted his former teammate is good enough to lead the Super
Eagles despite their recent struggles.

"Sunday Oliseh, in my opinion, is the right man to lead the Super Eagles at the moment, " the former Ajax Amsterdam of Holland winger told Completesportsnigeria.com.

"I know a lot of people are disappointed with the performance of the team in Rwanda, but we have to look at the future and not the present alone.

"There are a lot of potentials in this team and soon people will see a new Super Eagles.

"Like the coach has already said, we have a number of quality players from the CHAN team that are ready to play for the main Super Eagles.

"It's an indication that we are progressing and things can only get better in future."‎
www.completesportsnigeria.com/babangida-oliseh-is-the-right-man-to-lead-super-eagles/
[/b]
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 11:16pm On Feb 03, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Ighalo, Mikel In Action As Watford Hold Chelsea
[/size]

Nigerian Odion Ighalo and Mikel Obi were both in full-time action for their respective teams Watford and Chelsea who played out a goalless draw at Vicarage Road on Wednesday.

The duo showed intent and passion all through the encounter with Mikel shackling his compatriot Ighalo, who has 15 Premier League goals this season, in the fifth minute.

Ighalo had a chance to put Watford a goal up in the 25th minute but his header could not contact well with Jose Holebas cross.

He later forced a save from Thibaut Courtois from a long range just after Etienne Capoue’s strike from a tight angle kept the momentum going for the Hornets.

Mikel who is yet to lose a game under Guus Hiddink also saw his 35m yard deflect off Cathcart and loops up in the air before Gomes, back-pedalling, tipped it over the bar.
www.completesportsnigeria.com/ighalo-mikel-in-action-as-watford-hold-chelsea/
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 11:23pm On Feb 03, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Oliseh: Moses Still Part Of Super Eagles
[/size]

By Adeboye Amosu & David Meshioye in Kigali:

Super Eagles head coach, Sunday Oliseh has informed Completesportsnigeria. com that he will hand West Ham winger, Victor Moses a recall to the squad for the 2017 African Cup of Nations qualifiers against Egypt in March.

The talented winger who is on loan with the Hammers from Chelsea is yet to feature for the three-time African champions since Oliseh took charge of the team from Stephen Keshi last year.

There were speculations he could be left out of the crucial games after he pulled out of the friendlies against Democratic Republic of Congo and Cameroon in October last year.

Oliseh has however informed Completesportsnigeria.com that the former Wigan player is still part of the team.

"Yes, Victor Moses is still in our plan. All the players who are eligible to play for us are still in our plans aside those who have retired from the national team,"Oliseh hinted Completesportsnigeria.com.

"The truth is that I will put a 'but' to it at the moment. This team started with the game against Tanzania and is evolving.

"We have played 14 games since I took charge of the team and we lost our first official game against Guinea at the African Nations Championship.

"We have like seven or eight players from the CHAN team that are good enough to play for the main Super Eagles.

"It's good when you have a large pool of players to pick from, so everyone will have to fight for a place in the team."

Egypt has already installed itself as favourites to claim the Group G sole automatic ticket following impressive wins against Chad and Tanzania.

The Super Eagles are second on the group with four points following a draw and a win from their opening two games against Tanzania and Chad.‎
www.completesportsnigeria.com/oliseh-moses-still-part-super-eagles/
[/b]
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 11:40pm On Feb 03, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Eagles Report NFF to House Leadership
[/size]

*As government hands Glass House N1.2bn budget for 2016

Olawale Ajimotokan in Abuja
Super Eagles home-based players made separate phone calls to the Speaker of House of Representatives Hon Yakubu Dogara and the Chairman of House Committee on Sports, Hon Lawan Goni where they registered their displeasure with the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) handling of the African Nations Championship (CHAN) campaign in Rwanda.

Nigeria which finished third at the last CHAN in South Africa in 2014 was eliminated from the first round of the tournament last week, following a 1-0 loss to Guinea in a match they needed to draw to advance to the quarter-final.

Yesterday, Goni informed the NFF leadership who could not hold back their shock about the action of the players, when they appeared before the House to defend their 2016 budget proposal.

Goni said he was stunned by the action of the player which he however, said reflected lack of patience and discipline.

"They called me; in fact I don’t know how they got my number. They also called Speaker (Dogara); we don't like this type of act. If they have a problem, let them settle it with you because we don’t want them to be calling our numbers. They should play first whether they get their allowances or not," Goni said.

Goni revealed further that the players called him to pressure the NFF into paying their entitlements at the continental championship meant for players who ply their trade on the continent.

Rwanda 2016 typically followed the same pattern as the FIFA World Cup in Brazil two years ago, when officials and players of the national team openly bickered over what was supposed to be paid as match bonuses.

After Goni’s earth shaking revelation, NFF President Amaju Pinnick told the lawmakers that unending feuding between the players and the federation can only be tracked once and for all through the introduction of the Codes of Conduct for all players and officials on national duty.

“We find this revelation embarrassing, painful and not exciting. We will introduce the Codes of Conduct as our business vision as it will spell out the hierarchy of authority, starting with the coach, the technical staff before the general secretary. We will ensure they abide by it 100 per cent. We won’t pay players that lack discipline. It is a wake-up call,” stressed the NFF chief.

Pinnick traced the genesis of the problem to the time of former President Goodluck Jonathan, stressing some players who felt they had unfettered access to the president had the habit of sowing seeds of discord.

He attributed Nigeria's woeful outing at CHAN to indiscipline and lack of focus.

Pinnick said that at a pre-match meeting which Sports Minister Solomon Dalung had with the players, he clarified that though President Muhammadu Buhari approved their budget for Rwanda 2016 after a memo was raised, there was a delay in the release of the funds.

Back to the business of the day which was the defence of its budget, only N1.2 billion was appropriated for NFF for 2016; short of N400 million approved for its sporting activities for last year.

The appropriation, however, also fell short of the projection of NFF which requested for N7.3 billion from government for the prosecution of its programme for 2016.

The budget is to cover the activities of the national teams, including the Olympic Games, Africa Cup of Nations Qualifiers and final stage of Russia 2018 qualifying matches.
www.thisdaylive.com/articles/eagles-report-nff-to-house-leadership/230924/
[/b]
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 11:44pm On Feb 03, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Eagles/ Pharaohs AFCON 2017 qualifier: NFF begins mobilisation of Kaduna fans
[/size]

By George Aluo

TheNigeria Football Federation (NFF) has began moves aimed at ensuring the Super Eagles get maximum support when they play host to the Pharaohs of Egypt in next month’s AFCON 2017 qualifier at the Ahmadu Bello Stadium, Kaduna.

Hint to this effect was dropped yesterday by President of the soccer federation, Amaju Pinnick in an exclusive chat with Daily Sunsports.

Pinnick disclosed that the NFF has already started mobilising the Kaduna soccer fans, ahead of the crucial match which the Eagles must win to keep qualification hopes alive.

In Pinnick’s words: “I know the Eagles will get total support in Kaduna when Egypt come calling.

The fact that we are playing in Kaduna is a huge advantage. It is a venue that you are sure the fans will get behind you right from the very first blast of the referee’s whistle. As we speak, we have started mobilizing the fans. We want them to double their support for the team on that day.

We want a situation where the entire arena will be painted green and white. We want a full house, we are already working towards this. God willing, all will be fine in spite of the CHAN 2016 setback.”

The NFF boss said the soccer federation will leave no stone unturned in the build up to the all-important clash, even as he urged Nigerians to support the team with prayers.

The Eagles would three days after hosting Egypt in Kaduna travel to Cairo for the second leg of the double header which would no doubt determine the country that picks the sole ticket of the group for the Gabon 2017 Nations Cup.

Egypt would enter the Kaduna game as group leaders. Although tied on points with Nigeria, the Pharaohs have a superior goals difference.
sunnewsonline.com/new/eagles-pharaohs-afcon-2017-qualifier-nff-begins-mobilisation-of-kaduna-fans/
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 11:46pm On Feb 03, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
I’m not in Super Eagles for cash —Igbonu
[/size]
’Tana Aiyejina
Super Eagles striker, Sylvester Igbonu, has said he places Nigeria ahead of financial benefits, after a report in a Nigerian newspaper quoted him as saying the country should stop owing its footballers money.

The FC Ufa man, who snubbed advances from Denmark to play for Nigeria, said he would never shun international call-ups because of financial considerations, adding that it was a rare privilege to wear Nigeria’s colours at senior level.

“I never made the comments ascribed to me in that story, so I was surprised when I read it online. It’s not in my character to make such comments; I have never placed money ahead of playing for my fatherland because Nigeria is bigger than any amount of money,” the ex-FC Midtjylland forward stated.

“It’s a rare privilege to play for Nigeria, so why would I make such comments? Nigeria will always remain my country and I’m committed to make Nigerians proud with my contributions to the national team. I thank God I’m okay financially, so money has never been a consideration for my decision to play for the Eagles.”

“I thank the Nigeria Football Federation, coach Sunday Oliseh and Nigerians for giving me the opportunity to serve this great nation.”

The 25-year-old Igbonu made his international debut in a 2017 Africa Cup of Nations qualifier against Tanzania on September 5, 2015, replacing Moses Simon as a substitute in the 69th minute, and has gone to play six games for the national team.
www.punchng.com/im-not-in-super-eagles-for-cash-igbonu/
[/b]
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 11:51pm On Feb 03, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Uche promises to score goals for Malaga
[/size]

Nigerian striker Ikechukwu Uche has promised to assist his new club Malaga in it's push for the Europa league spot, after completing his transfer to the Spanish side on the final day of the January transfer window.

"I feel proud and happy to be here. I'm eager to get to work and show what I can do in order to help the team." he said, according toAll Nigeria Soccer.

Uche underwent fitness tests and training on Tuesday morning to determine his fitness levels and was declared injury free.

"I will work hard every day to support the team to win games, will always be available for the coach to count on me and support the team," he added.

"I will do my best to work hard to benefit the team, helping by scoring goals would be better. So I'll train hard for that to happen."
www.football411.com/story/0,22162,14340_123840,00.html
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Icon4s(m): 5:22am On Feb 04, 2016
NLban:
[b][size=14pt]
NFF Threaten To Suspend, Demote Oliseh Over CHAN Utterances
[/size]

By Richard Jideaka, Abuja:

Irked by the failure of the Super Eagles at the ongoing African Nations Championship, the Nigeria Football Federation may suspend or demote head coach Sunday Oliseh over utterances considered as an affront by his employers.

Completesportsnigeria.com gathered that officials of the federation are annoyed by Oliseh’s buck passing and comments after the Super Eagles crashed out of CHAN in Rwanda in the first round.

Oliseh blamed lack of motivation for Eagles’ early exit from CHAN claiming that he fed the team with his money to the tune of $4000 at their training camp in Pretoria, South Africa.

Fuming with rage, an executive committee member of the Nigeria Football Federation who requested anonymity revealed that the federation has been keeping records of Oliseh’s comments on radio and print media, and will act at the appropriate time.

“Oliseh should have taken responsibility for the Eagles crash and move on with preparations for the all-important AFCON qualifiers against Egypt, but he chose to make the NFF the scape goat with his comments that his players were not motivated,” the NFF official said.

“His behaviour after the exit of the Eagles from CHAN is an infringement on the code of conduct for national teams and he cannot claim ignorance of this because he was given a copy of the COC when took the job as head coach of the Super Eagles.

“We are waiting for his technical report and reply to the query before he faces the technical committee who will recommend what action to be taken against him.

“The truth be said, Oliseh has yet to show signs that he is capable of taking the Eagles to the expected heights. We might ask him to work under a technical adviser or resign if he cannot but we can’t risk leaving him to experiment with our dear Super Eagles.”

Read more at http://www.completesportsnigeria.com/oliseh-faces-suspension-demotion-over-chan-utterances/#Sob0VgUL2zplW0W4.99
[/b]

Keshi would be like (in that his sleepy voice) " grin I told you people".

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Icon4s(m): 5:28am On Feb 04, 2016
Orkpekyandega:
[b][size=14pt]
[/size]

By George Aluo

TheNigeria Football Federation (NFF) has began moves aimed at ensuring the Super Eagles get maximum support when they play host to the Pharaohs of Egypt in next month’s AFCON 2017 qualifier at the Ahmadu Bello Stadium, Kaduna.

Hint to this effect was dropped yesterday by President of the soccer federation, Amaju Pinnick in an exclusive chat with Daily Sunsports.

Pinnick disclosed that the NFF has already started mobilising the Kaduna soccer fans, ahead of the crucial match which the Eagles must win to keep qualification hopes alive.

In Pinnick’s words: “I know the Eagles will get total support in Kaduna when Egypt come calling.

The fact that we are playing in Kaduna is a huge advantage. It is a venue that you are sure the fans will get behind you right from the very first blast of the referee’s whistle. As we speak, we have started mobilizing the fans. We want them to double their support for the team on that day.

We want a situation where the entire arena will be painted green and white. We want a full house, we are already working towards this. God willing, all will be fine in spite of the CHAN 2016 setback.”

The NFF boss said the soccer federation will leave no stone unturned in the build up to the all-important clash, even as he urged Nigerians to support the team with prayers.

The Eagles would three days after hosting Egypt in Kaduna travel to Cairo for the second leg of the double header which would no doubt determine the country that picks the sole ticket of the group for the Gabon 2017 Nations Cup.

Egypt would enter the Kaduna game as group leaders. Although tied on points with Nigeria, the Pharaohs have a superior goals difference.
sunnewsonline.com/new/eagles-pharaohs-afcon-2017-qualifier-nff-begins-mobilisation-of-kaduna-fans/
[/b]

What is the politics behind using that Kaduna venue that has a pumpy pitch? NFF wants to embarrass Nigeria again. Can't we use our NATIONAL STADIUM in Abuja?

2 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Nobody: 6:18am On Feb 04, 2016
Orkpekyandega:
[b][size=14pt]
[/size]

By George Aluo

[/b]
fuk.. not that whack stadium again.. what happened to Abuja, porthacourt or even uyo?

2 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by BlackAlbino6(m): 3:14pm On Feb 04, 2016
AF Nigeria 2015 U23 Africa Cup of Nations Guinea
From CHAN to Super Eagles: Usman Mohammed (3)
[img]http://africanfootball.com/news/608625/From-CHAN-to-Super-Eagles-Usman-Mohammed-3[/img]
Usman Mohammed (left) vs Tunisia at CHAN

Midfielder Usman Mohammed is the third of three players AfricanFootball.com has picked to make a successful transition from Nigeria’s ‘B’ team to the Super Eagles after CHAN 2016.

The U23 international has already been capped by Nigeria at full international level in September, when the Eagles beat Niger 2-0 in a friendly in Port Harcourt.

His versatility has meant he played as a defensive midfielder at last year’s U23 AFCON in Senegal and a month later, he was the offensive midfielder in coach Sunday Oliseh’s 4-2-3-1 formation.

The more experienced and older Bartholomew ‘Mosquito’ Ibenegbu was the first choice for this offensive midfield role after what he showed in pre-tournament training camp in Pretoria, South Africa.

However, ‘Mosquito’ failed to link up the midfield with the attack in the Eagles opening CHAN game against Niger and Usman replaced him with 20 minutes left on the clock to do a far better job of what he was expected to do tactically.

The former FC Taraba skipper played one of his best games in national team colours when he started against Tunisia in the next group game and was only pulled out due to a groin injury he suffered late on in the game.

He linked up the midfield with the attack as well as delivered a handful of through balls for the striker and his wingers.

Such was his performance that Oliseh was ready to risk him in the final group game against Guinea.

He is technically sound, full of running and has a good shot.
His main rival in the Super Eagles will be Russia-based Sylvester Igbonu.

What this player needs is for the coach to give him more confidence and a decent run in the national team.
africanfootball.com/news/608625/From-CHAN-to-Super-Eagles-Usman-Mohammed-3

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by BlackAlbino6(m): 3:42pm On Feb 04, 2016
AF Nigeria 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifiers - Africa Tunisia
CHAN lifts Eagles in FIFA Rankings

Osas Okoro of Nigeria (17)celebrates his goal during the 2016 CHAN Rwanda, match between Nigeria and Niger at the Stade de Kigali in Kigali, Rwanda on 18 January 2016 ©Muzi Ntombela/BackpagePix

by Samm Audu

The win against Niger and draw with Tunisia at CHAN 2016 have improved Nigeria’s FIFA Rankings as they are now 63rdbest team in the world, three spots from last month’s ratings.

The win over Cote d'Ivoire and draw with Angola in warm-up matches for the tournament in Rwanda would have also added more points to the Super Eagles.

However, they are now 12th in Africa with Cote d’Ivoire still the best ranked African team as they are 28thin the world.

Nigeria’s AFCON 2017 rivals Egypt are now 55th in the world and eighth in Africa.

The FIFA rankings are expected to be one of the things to consider when the draw for the final round of the qualifying tournament for the 2018 World Cup is done in June.

Teams will be drawn in five groups to play on home and away basis with the overall group winners qualifying for the World Cup in Russia.
africanfootball.com/news/608606/Warri-Wolves-striker-Odoukpe-joins-Israeli-club

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by BlackAlbino6(m): 3:47pm On Feb 04, 2016
AF Nigeria Nigeria Premier League 2016 Sunshine Stars
Finnish club announce arrival of league hotshot Salami

Gbolahan Salami has moved to Finland

Nigeria international Gbolahan Salami has joined Finnish club Kuopio Palloseura (KuPS) to team up with his Warri Wolves teammate, Azubuike Egwuekwe.

The club announced on their website that the ex-Shooting Stars forward has signed a year’s deal with an option of another year.

The 24-year-old was the top scorer in Nigeria league in the 2014/2015 season with 17 goals.
He opted to stay out of CHAN 2016 so as to finalise his move to Europe.

Last year January, Salami moved to Serbian club Red Star Belgrade, but returned to Nigeria to join Warri Wolves after the club could not pay his wages.
africanfootball.com/news/608611/Finnish-club-announce-arrival-of-league-hotshot-Salami

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by BlackAlbino6(m): 4:01pm On Feb 04, 2016
AF Nigeria Nigeria Premier League 2016 Dolphin FC
Warri Wolves striker Odoukpe joins Israeli club
[img]http://africanfootball.com/bp_images/2016/02/rangers_yarhere,_oduokpe_celebrate.jpg[/img]
Oduokpe Oghogho has jmoved to Israel

Former Warri Wolves striker Oghogho Oduokpe has joined Israeli club Maccabi Herzliyah, AfricanFootball.com can exclusively report.

The powerful striker signed the dotted lines in Nigeria on Tuesday and departed for his medical on Wednesday.

His representative who brokered the deal, Ramone Remmie, told AfricanFootball.com Oghogho had a lot of offers but chose to move to Israel.

"Oghogho Oduokpe has signed for Maccabi Herzliyah in Israel. The deal is till the end of the season with option of another year,” disclosed the agent.

"The club sent the contract paper Tuesday morning and he signed at the airport before flying through Ethiopia airline on Wednesday."

Ramone added: "He has offers from Kelantan FA in Malaysia, Al Ittihad in UAE, but I advised him to go to Europe and he took the chance."

The 23-year-old striker has played for Warri Wolves, Rangers, Dolphins and Bayelsa United.
Maccabi Herzliyah are fourth on the Israeli second division league table.
By Olusola Alao
africanfootball.com/news/608606/Warri-Wolves-striker-Odoukpe-joins-Israeli-club

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by BlackAlbino6(m): 4:36pm On Feb 04, 2016
AF Nigeria 2016 CHAN Wydad Casablanca
Top Nigeria transfers in January window
[img]http://africanfootball.com/bp_images/2016/02/rangers_yarhere,_oduokpe_celebrate.jpg[/img]
Several Nigerian players were linked to moves in Europe during the just-ended winter transfer window with Eagles captain Ahmed Musa almost making a move to EPL leaders Leicester City, who had several bids turned down by CSKA Moscow.

Osaze Odemwingie was also on the verge of returning to France with Olympique Marseille, but Stoke City called off the move.

Still several Nigerians changed clubs or sorted out their future overseas.

Emmanuel Emenike: Ex-international Emmanuel Emenike has actualised his dream of EPL switch when he joined West Ham United on loan from Fenerbahce till the end of the season with an option of outright buy. Emenike is a powerful and fast striker who is well equipped to excel in the EPL.

He played for Al Ain of UAE on loan at the start of the season.
Victor Osimhen: Nigeria youth international sealed a deal which will see him play for German Bundesliga side Wolfsburg from January 1,2017, when he would have clocked 18. Osimhen, who is the all-time top scorer in history of FIFA U17 World Cup with 10 goals at Chile 2015, is training with the team. The Ultimate Strikers player was linked with moves to EPL teams.

Kalu Uche: The 33-year-old striker returned to Spain to join his former club Almeria, who are now battling to stay afloat in the second division after they were relegated from La Liga last season.

The former Levante striker joined Almeria from the Indian Super League. He is expected to help the team survive the drop.

Izunna Uzochukwu: He signed a three and a half year deal with OB Odense from Amkar Perm. He quit the Russian team due to unpaid wages and has hit the ground running at the Danish club with a goal on his debut.

Moses Simon: The striker has extended his contract with Belgian club Genk. He will now stay at the club till 2019.

Abiola Dauda: The striker sealed a loan deal to Scottish club Hearts till the end of the season from Dutch side Vitesse Arnhem. The striker lost his place in the team to Chelsea forward Dominic Solanke, who is on loan at the club.

Shuaibu Ibrahim: Jos-born striker has joined Norwegian club Haugesund on a three-year deal. The GBS Academy of Jos product played for Giwa FC and Wikki Tourists in Nigeria. He impressed at the Norwegian team's training camp after he fired a hat-trick in a test game.

Promise Isaac: The former Nigeria U20 captain joined Karabukspur in Turkish second division. The former Genclirbilirgi striker signed a year and a half deal. He has joined countryman Simon Zenke.

Ike Uche: The chief has he is called have returned to familiar terrain Spain to join Malaga on loan till the end of the season from Mexican club Tigres. Uche has struggled to stay fit since his celebrated move to Tigres.

Uche Kalu: He returned to Turkey to join is former team Adanaspor after his sojourn in Kazakhstan, where he last played for Tobol.

Usman Saleh: The former U20 striker has signed a contract that will keep him at Viking FK till December 2019. He featured for Wikki Tourists in the Nigeria Professional Football League before he headed to Europe.

Aniekpeno Udoh: The Akwa United striker has joined Viking in Norway after he netted nine goals in the Nigeria league last season to help his hometown to stay up.

Chisom Chikatara: CHAN 2016 revelation has joined Wydad Casablanca in Morocco after his goals in Rwanda sparked off a flurry of interests from across the world.

Abduljaleel Ajagun: The midfielder has become surplus to requirements at top Greek club Panathiniakos, who have shipped him out on loan to APO Levadiakos till the end of the season.

Alhaji Gero: The former Enugu Rangers striker has quit Danish club Viborg to return to Sweden with Ostersunds. He has signed a three-year deal.

Akinjide Idowu: The 19-year-old defensive midfielder has joined the second team of MLS champions Portland Timbers.

Austin Amutu: The highly-rated striker has joined Israeli club Hapoel Ironi Kriyat Shmona after a stint in Malaysia. He is already firing in Israel and many big things are expected of him sooner rather than later.
By Olusola Alao
africanfootball.com/news/608549/Top-Nigeria-transfers-in-January-window

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) ... (161) (Reply)

Are World Wrestling Entertainment Fights Real or Just Acting? / Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) / Difference Btw Handicap 0:1 And Handicap 1:0

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 163
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.