Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,785 members, 7,875,946 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 04:19 AM

Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB (67717 Views)

8 Times Buhari Messed A Handshake Up / The People That Ran Buhari's Media Campaign Pictured With GMB / Fashola, Amaechi,Others At An 'Evening For Nigeria With GMB+Osinbajo' In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB by arazanbal: 10:48pm On May 15, 2015
It only ib edo north dt hav majority if muslim,it nt a major religoin ooo b4 una add edo join una muslim state,edo pple specially d binis r lebral,liv nd let liv

quote author=martineverest
post=33778734]Islam is a major religion in edo state.oshiomole has islamic root,same with alhaji raymond dokpesi etc[/quote]
Re: Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB by scholes0(m): 10:50pm On May 15, 2015
danie09:
sorry you lied bro am a bini man from benin city my family has no root or connection whatsoever to the afemais yet we are muslims even generations past are muslims.
Am sure you ve heard of the former UBA boss Bello Osagie, he's a muslim and proudly bini guy.
Edo state is just like a typical south-west states, alarge portion of the indegenes practice islam and a large portion practice christianity

You are right.
Edo just like South-West states has large populations of both Muslims and Christians.
Re: Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB by scholes0(m): 10:52pm On May 15, 2015
arazanbal:

It only ib edo north dt hav majority if muslim,it nt a major religoin ooo b4 una add edo join una muslim state,edo pple specially d binis r lebral,liv nd let liv

When did "Liberal" become a religion? lol
No one said Edo state is Majority Muslim, they only said there is a Sizable muslim community in Edo state.... I would put it at between 30 and 35%

1 Like

Re: Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB by Jarus(m): 10:54pm On May 15, 2015
Borrussia:
This isn't a bigot, I just find it hard to believe that Igbo's can allow Muslim as their ruler.

Na wa o

In this age, someone still thinks Edos are Igbos.

And another person thinks Oba of Benin is the only king in Edo state.

Too much ignorance on display on this thread.

5 Likes

Re: Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB by Nobody: 10:57pm On May 15, 2015
Jarus:

Na wa o

In this age, someone still thinks Edos are Igbos.

And another person thinks Oba of Benin is the only king in Edo state.

Too much ignorance on display on this thread.
We can't know everything, that is what makes us human.
Re: Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB by scholes0(m): 11:01pm On May 15, 2015
Borrussia:
We can't know everything, that is what makes us human.

But there are some things that are just so "common-sensical" that you would expect almost anyone with some level knowledge of to know.
like 2+2 = ?
Re: Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB by Nobody: 11:05pm On May 15, 2015
scholes0:

But there are some things that are just so "common-sensical" that you would expect almost anyone with some level knowledge of to know.
like 2+2 = ?
I'm a Yoruba guy and I live in Lagos, I certainly cannot know the happenings in Edo state except of course I google it.
Re: Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB by terefe(m): 11:05pm On May 15, 2015
teufelein:

a dark monkey remains a dark baboon, u're not a learned mind and i refuse categorical to engage you in a creative communication. go and read up on those countries you avered first.
madam, i think i misunderstood ur comment ( my fault), but why resort to degrading my person, u could have as well made ur point or ignore instead. It makes me wonder how a learned mind like you can engage a conversation when the first thing u do is to launch a personality attack on someone you dont even know..

1 Like

Re: Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB by babyfaceafrica: 11:10pm On May 15, 2015
Edos are not igbos and please edo state has a good chunck of muslims...they are like 40 percent and not limited to edo north a lot...I love edo people..very friendly and funny

1 Like

Re: Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB by nitajj: 11:11pm On May 15, 2015
gebest:
he is the OGIENERI OF UZAIRUE he assumed that throne at a very tender age when he lost his dad, he attended greater tomorrow secondary school benin city, he was born 1980.
And you call a 35year old man young/small boy... na wa for we naija people. .
Re: Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB by BUSHHUNTER: 11:13pm On May 15, 2015
Princefame1:

EDo north is dominated by muslims, in other parts of d state muslims are d minority...

Yeah but I know we have majority of muslims
Re: Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB by arazanbal: 11:13pm On May 15, 2015
scholes0:

You are right.
Edo just like South-West states has large populations of both Muslims and Christians.

My broda you nd ur family are Muslim or bcm Muslim as d case maybe bcus u choose to,bt i tellin u base on d bini root,ur forefathers were dy muslims? Nd it nt d afaimas dt are muslim,esako as well,let me brake it for u,4rm d all ishan land muslims nor comon nor to talk of d binis,yes nw ar days u can see one here nd there bt muslims in edo r basically knw as does ricidin in d north,my broda 4rm wht i cn say 4rm ur post e b lik say nor b bini ur dad born u or na ur dad stay do all him tinx
Re: Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB by arazanbal: 11:17pm On May 15, 2015
scholes0:

When did "Liberal" become a religion? lol
No one said Edo state is Majority Muslim, they only said there is a Sizable muslim community in Edo state.... I would put it at between 30 and 35%

Na pigin tinx read my post well,wht d d bible tell u abt Abraham,i dint say liberia or sm sort,
Re: Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB by antisocial: 11:36pm On May 15, 2015
Princefame1:

yea, it is somehow like a custom now, but it wasn't like then, D binis caused everything....Dont wana go into history though...
really,pls was explain
Re: Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB by OdionOdion: 11:38pm On May 15, 2015
The ONOGIE of EWOHIMI HRH Peter Osifoh Enosegbe is the most handsome traditional ruler in Edo state
Re: Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB by cleatoris: 11:53pm On May 15, 2015
Edo north is made up of Owan, Akoko-Edo and Etsako. Only Etsako has a majority Muslim population, apart from which every other part of Edo state is Christian dominated with, of cause, pockets of Muslims scattered here and there (which is very common in a typical Nigerian state).

I am a Christian from a town of almost 99% Christian population in Edo north. The fact that you're a moslem doesn't automatically mean that Muslims constitute any significant population in Edo State apart from Auchi and a few of its surrounding communities.
Princefame1:

EDo north is dominated by muslims, in other parts of d state muslims are d minority...
BUSHHUNTER:

Yeah but I know we have majority of muslims

7 Likes

Re: Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB by Nobody: 12:06am On May 16, 2015
prove it by his picture but i thought the most handsome king in Edo is my town EWU in esan central LGA
Re: Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB by LADIbaba(m): 12:10am On May 16, 2015
Borrussia:
Edo has two kings, my state(lagos) only has one.

Lagos as a state has many kings... Oba of Lagos is just Oba of Lagos Island...

3 Likes

Re: Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB by LoveDecay(m): 12:17am On May 16, 2015
teufelein:
the zoo aka nigeria, a country of absurdities.where on earth do you have kings in a republic? just name one.

Define a republic
Re: Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB by BUSHHUNTER: 12:32am On May 16, 2015
cleatoris:
Edo north is made up of Owan, Akoko-Edo and Etsako. Only Etsako has a majority Muslim population, apart from which every other part of Edo state is Christian dominated with, of cause, pockets of Muslims scattered here and there (which is very common in a typical Nigerian state).

I am a Christian from a town of almost 99% Christian population in Edo north. The fact that you're a moslem doesn't automatically mean that Muslims constitute any significant population in Edo State apart from Auchi and a few of its surrounding communities.

You know nothing about Edo state
Re: Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB by lantres000(m): 12:38am On May 16, 2015
I think I know this dude. His name is Kadiri Omogbai we used to be class mates way back when @ greater tommorow secondary school Benin.
Re: Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB by UfuosLaLa: 12:40am On May 16, 2015
Borrussia:
Are u joking or u're serious? So Ikorodu, Epe and other places aside Isale Eko in Lagos state do not have monarchs? This are just 2 of the many monarchs u find in Edo state and from a less influential area for that matter. Have you forgotten that the Ekpen n'Owan(home leopard), Uku akpolokpolo, Omo n'Oba n'Edo- the Oba Of Benin still reigns in Uselu?

1 Like

Re: Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB by cleatoris: 12:45am On May 16, 2015
BUSHHUNTER:

You know nothing about Edo state
And you have so far displayed uncommon knowledge about Edo state judging by your activities on this thread.

Now, clap for yourself undecided

3 Likes

Re: Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB by MichaelSokoto(m): 1:35am On May 16, 2015
mandax:

I wish people like you have your own country where army generals rule you - one general after the other after overthrowing a democratically elected president rules you, gets money and political connection, retires or get bolted out, then come back when democracy is restored to ask you to elect him president. And you elect him president.

People like you are liabilities to others in a fast advancing country.
cool

Re: Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB by nkem123(m): 1:48am On May 16, 2015
Borrussia:
Who told u Lagos has only one king? there's no state in Nigeria with only one king, even in Kano and Bornu whr we have d Emir of Kano and Shehu of Bornu respectively as d most senior traditional rulers in there state, there are still other traditional rulers in those states.
Oba Riliwan Akinolu d oba of Lagos is just d most senior King in Lagos, that doesn't make him d only king.there are still other kings like D onigando of Igando, Elegbeda of Egbeda, Onisheri of Isheri, Onisolo of Isolo, Alajasa of Ajasa, Alayabo of Ayobo, Eleko of Eko.I can continue on and on bt just to mention bt few.almost every twn in Lagos have their own king so get ur facts right.

1 Like

Re: Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB by Nobody: 2:19am On May 16, 2015
italo:

Are you sure?
So the Oba of Shomolu, Oba Elegushi etc are Chinese Kings?
#epic
Lol you're so funny
Re: Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB by Nobody: 2:19am On May 16, 2015
italo:

Are you sure?
So the Oba of Shomolu, Oba Elegushi etc are Chinese Kings?
#epic
Lol you're so funny grin
Re: Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB by Nobody: 2:21am On May 16, 2015
IjogzK:
For those saying that he doesn't have respect. Kings don't bow to ordinary fellows
Yes you're right. But pple like buhari, GEJ are no ordinary fellows ooo
Re: Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB by sweetgala(m): 2:24am On May 16, 2015
teufelein:
the zoo aka nigeria, a country of absurdities.where on earth do you have kings in a republic? just name one.

We are not a true republic, we have just borrowed a system that does not suite our culture, Diversity, history or future
Re: Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB by Nobody: 2:35am On May 16, 2015
Borrussia:
I'm a Yoruba guy and I live in Lagos, I certainly cannot know the happenings in Edo state except of course I google it.
Yoruba guy?? that's even disappointing of you! Yorubas and Edos that are known to be very similar in nature..and yet you a Yoruba guy that should be informed on matters like this calls Edo state an Igbo state?!!!

#faints!
Re: Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB by Nobody: 3:11am On May 16, 2015
teufelein:

MALAYSIA, THE PHILIPPINES, SA ZULU, GHANA, SPAIN, FRANCE............. GO AND READ YOUR BOOKS AND STOP WATCHING NOLLYWOOD ALL DAY.
Re: Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB by speener(m): 4:24am On May 16, 2015
Princefame1:

D first by ur left is d king of uzairue, y d middle one is d king of Auchi....they are all proud muslims..
Read your history very well, it's bc usman Dan fodio got to Edo state and conquered some part of the old middle belt. So there's no pride in religion, it's all about the instance and circumstance that surrounds you, in most of the cases.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

See The Most Tactful Question So Far In The Current Ministerial Screening! / Chinese Investors Acquire 120 Hectares Of Land In Akwa Ibom For Hendai City / Police: We Arrested Shina Peller For Mobilizing 50 Thugs To Attack Maroko Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.