Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,328 members, 7,888,046 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 06:11 PM

Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB (67786 Views)

8 Times Buhari Messed A Handshake Up / The People That Ran Buhari's Media Campaign Pictured With GMB / Fashola, Amaechi,Others At An 'Evening For Nigeria With GMB+Osinbajo' In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB by tpiadotcom: 10:21am On May 16, 2015
phyllosilicate:
true there are different classes of monarch, but it doesn't mean that a 2nd class ruler can't autonomous. You are using your experience of 2nd class and 3rd class Obas in the west to make a conclusion here, not applicable. The people of Edo north are not under the influence of the Oba of Benin. The urobos and ishekiri and closer to the people of Benin, than we from Edo north.

Edo north is closer to the hausa/Fulani/nupe and middle belt I should think.
Re: Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB by monex(m): 10:33am On May 16, 2015
NaMe4:

Oga! Edos are NOT Igbos. Where you dey get all that from?

lol. a lotta yorubas take anyone after ore to be Omo-ibo. I don tire to explain to them
Re: Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB by phyllosilicate(m): 10:34am On May 16, 2015
tpiadotcom:

Edo north is closer to the hausa/fulani and middle belt I should think.
yes it's close to Kogi. Though we are descendants of Benin, the closeness to the north and introduction of Islam, makes the culture significantly different from the rest Edoid.
Re: Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB by monex(m): 10:35am On May 16, 2015
martineverest:
Liar.....its only edo north(afemai people)

true majority of edo are xtians. but muslims exists not just in afemai but also in Esan, Irrua and her surrounding towns. The Okagesan of Irrua is muslim i think. Personally, i love the diversity in Edo state.
Re: Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB by tpiadotcom: 10:35am On May 16, 2015
phyllosilicate:
yes it's close to Kogi. Though we are descendants of Benin, the closeness to the north and introduction of Islam, makes the culture significantly different from the rest Edoid.

I meant closer culturally and by affiliation - politics, intermarriage, etc.

Muritala also had ancestry from there, right?
Re: Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB by sniper77(m): 10:37am On May 16, 2015
nickxtra:
I just used those ones as examples. They are many, including the otaru of Igarra, Enogie of Uromi, Ogiaga of Three Ibie, Edonogie of South Ibie, Oloje of Ekpoma, etc

Yeah you are right and also Oje of Ora and Okumagbe of Iuleha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB by monex(m): 10:41am On May 16, 2015
Borrussia:
I'm a Yoruba guy and I live in Lagos, I certainly cannot know the happenings in Edo state except of course I google it.
dont mind them. alotta of my yoruba friends in lagos are like you. Nice you know now. so nor call benin man Omo-Ibo again o.
Re: Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB by phyllosilicate(m): 10:43am On May 16, 2015
tpiadotcom:

I don't know about Muritala ancestry.
Re: Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB by martineverest(m): 10:51am On May 16, 2015
True,but okajesan of irrua(my village king) is d only ishan muslim i know
monex:

true majority of edo are xtians. but muslims exists not just in afemai but also in Esan, Irrua and her surrounding towns. The Okagesan of Irrua is muslim i think. Personally, i love the diversity in Edo state.
Re: Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB by AbuMikey(m): 11:48am On May 16, 2015
He is not the Youngest King in Edo state.
The King of Egoro Kingdom is, and He's just 22, with a wife too. cheesy
Re: Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB by Rekit: 1:14pm On May 16, 2015
Agbor is not in edo state. Agbor is in delta state.
Re: Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB by Nowenuse: 2:13pm On May 16, 2015
Princefame1:

EDo north is dominated by muslims, in other parts of d state muslims are d minority...

Edo north can never be dominantly muslims! It has never been!
Etsako west (Auchi) is the only LGA in Edo north that has always had more muslims.
I wonder why people always mistake Auchi for the whole of Edo north.
For crying out loud. Edo north has 6 LGAs. Estako east, Etsako west, Etsako central, Owan east, Owan west n Akoko-edo and of all these 6 LGAs, only Etsako west where both of these kings come from have a muslim majority.
Muslims in Etsako east (Agenebode) do not have up to 10% muslims, u can hardly ever find any muslim occupy any political position here.
Etsako central (Fugar) has just about one-quarter of it's population as muslims and that is why christians still dominate the political atmosphere in this LGA, u hardly see muslim chairmen here.

Owan east n Owan west are overwhemingly christians with few muslims who would barely be up to 15% of the population.
Likewise Akoko-edo LGA is by far dominantly christian.

The only LGA i repeat which has more muslims in Edo north and the whole of Edo state is Etsako west where Auchi, Uzairue, Agbede, Aviele, South Ibie, Jattu and most other muslim dominated towns are situated.
This is why no muslim has ever been senator of Edo north since the creation of Edo state, out of the 3 federal house of reps slots that go to Edo north, only the one of Etsako fed constituency can u ever see muslims occupy.
The fact that Auchi town is the largest town in Edo north is what usually makes people to view this zone as an islamic dominated zone which is very wrong.
Auchi is not the only town in Edo north or Afemai land and neither is it the largest clan.
The largest clan in Afemai are the Wepa-wanno (Agenebode people) and they are overwhemingly christians.

2 Likes

Re: Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB by Nowenuse: 2:18pm On May 16, 2015
philips70:

If you go to Edo north you will think you are in Kano. No difference.

U are very myopic and short sighted for this statement. Where else have u been to in Edo north apart from Auchi area n environs?
Auchi is jusy one town in one single LGA of Edo north.

Edo north can never be dominantly muslims! It has never been!
Etsako west (Auchi) is the only LGA in Edo north that has always had more muslims.
I wonder why people always mistake Auchi for the whole of Edo north.
For crying out loud. Edo north has 6 LGAs. Estako east, Etsako west, Etsako central, Owan east, Owan west n Akoko-edo and of all these 6 LGAs, only Etsako west where both of these kings come from have a muslim majority.
Muslims in Etsako east (Agenebode) do not have up to 10% muslims, u can hardly ever find any muslim occupy any political position here.
Etsako central (Fugar) has just about one-quarter of it's population as muslims and that is why christians still dominate the political atmosphere in this LGA, u hardly see muslim chairmen here.

Owan east n Owan west are overwhemingly christians with few muslims who would barely be up to 15% of the population.
Likewise Akoko-edo LGA is by far dominantly christian.

The only LGA i repeat which has more muslims in Edo north and the whole of Edo state is Etsako west where Auchi, Uzairue, Agbede, Aviele, South Ibie, Jattu and most other muslim dominated towns are situated.
This is why no muslim has ever been senator of Edo north since the creation of Edo state, out of the 3 federal house of reps slots that go to Edo north, only the one of Etsako fed constituency can u ever see muslims occupy.
The fact that Auchi town is the largest town in Edo north is what usually makes people to view this zone as an islamic dominated zone which is very wrong.
Auchi is not the only town in Edo north or Afemai land and neither is it the largest clan.
The largest clan in Afemai are the Wepa-wanno (Agenebode people) and they are overwhemingly christians.
Re: Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB by Nowenuse: 2:20pm On May 16, 2015
phyllosilicate:
Usman dan fodio didn't get to Edo state o, please let's sttick to facts.

Danfodio's Jihad actually got to Edo state through the influence of the Nupes who islamically conquered part of Edo north (Afemai).
Go n search thoroughly in history, it is there.

If not how else do u really think Islam got rooted in Auchi area?
Re: Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB by Nowenuse: 2:23pm On May 16, 2015
phyllosilicate:
Edo state is about:
45% Christians
30% Muslims
15% Christians / Juju worshippers and
10% Juju worshippers and

This are my estimates.

Pls do not mislead people here.
Muslims cannot constitute up to 30% of Edo state.
Tell me how many towns and LGAs are dominated by muslims in Edo state for u to draw up this conclusion.
Do u think 30% population is a small thing?
Re: Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB by Nowenuse: 2:28pm On May 16, 2015
babyfaceafrica:
Edos are not igbos and please edo state has a good chunck of muslims...they are like 40 percent and not limited to edo north a lot...I love edo people..very friendly and funny

But nawa for una sha o.
If Edo truly has up to 40% muslims, why do the never produce muslim deputy governors or muslim senators?
Do u people know what 40% is?
So many Edo muslims have converted to christianity over the decades. People like Adams Aliyu Oshiomole as examples.
Currently muslims are less than 10% of the population of Edo state, if u think they are more, pls help me to list the towns & LGAs where muslims dominate in the state.
Re: Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB by udatso: 2:37pm On May 16, 2015
nickxtra:
Edo state has different autonomous chiefs, for instance the Oba of Benin covers the whole of Bini(Edo South), Auchi as clan has its Otaru, so is the Ogieneni for Uzairue, Okuokpellagbe of Okpella, the Onwueweko of Okpekpe, etc. The Edo Traditional Council has the Oba of Benin as the permanent head.
Pls add aidonogie of south ibie iyakpi

1 Like

Re: Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB by Nowenuse: 2:41pm On May 16, 2015
cleatoris:
Edo north is made up of Owan, Akoko-Edo and Etsako. Only Etsako has a majority Muslim population, apart from which every other part of Edo state is Christian dominated with, of cause, pockets of Muslims scattered here and there (which is very common in a typical Nigerian state).

I am a Christian from a town of almost 99% Christian population in Edo north. The fact that you're a moslem doesn't automatically mean that Muslims constitute any significant population in Edo State apart from Auchi and a few of its surrounding communities.

Thank u my brother.
Dont mind all these people who have never been to anywhere else in Edo north apart from Auchi town.
I wonder why people just use only Auchi town to judge that every other Edo north person is a muslims.

My brother, even among the Etsakors, muslims can never be the majority. In the past, lets say like 50 years ago, i can agree that muslims would be the majority in Etsako land but never today because so many Etsakos have converted to christianity today.

Out of the 3 LGAs occupied by Etsakos, only Etsako west have more muslims, let's say 60% muslims.
Etsako east (with Agenebode as the largest town) is not less than 90% christians while Etsako central (with Fugar as the largest town) is over 70% christian.
Even in that Etsako west, the population of christians has grown very strong over the years and that is why christians produce chairmen in the LGA.

Uzairue the largest clan in Etsako west, christians should be the majority now or it would be a clear 50/50. The King of the town is still a muslim as well as the king of many Etsako towns, simply because Islam was established in these areas by the Nupe & fulani jihadists who conquered the places in the past and majority of the people especially the ruling clans n royal familes accepted islam.
But over the decades, the influence of christianity in the south changed a lot and so many of these people accepted christianity and today many of the communities are dominantly christians.
People should stop spreading false information.

Adams Oshiomole is from Uzairue and he converted to christianity. Apostle Johnson Suleiman is from Auchi town from a muslim family but most of his people are now christians. This is the way it became for many Etsako people and Edo north at large.

1 Like

Re: Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB by emamos: 2:46pm On May 16, 2015
Borrussia:
Edo has two kings, my state(lagos) only has one.
guess u are new in lasgidi coz lagos state has many king.. Olu of ikeja,onikoyi of lagos,ayangburen of ikorodu and many more
Re: Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB by udatso: 3:04pm On May 16, 2015
arazanbal:

My broda you nd ur family are Muslim or bcm Muslim as d case maybe bcus u choose to,bt i tellin u base on d bini root,ur forefathers were dy muslims? Nd it nt d afaimas dt are muslim,esako as well,let me brake it for u,4rm d all ishan land muslims nor comon nor to talk of d binis,yes nw ar days u can see one here nd there bt muslims in edo r basically knw as does ricidin in d north,my broda 4rm wht i cn say 4rm ur post e b lik say nor b bini ur dad born u or na ur dad stay do all him tinx
You really do know how to torment someone.
Re: Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB by Princefame1: 3:11pm On May 16, 2015
tpiadotcom:

Muritala is from Auchi...
Re: Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB by tpiadotcom: 3:12pm On May 16, 2015
phyllosilicate:

I don't know about Muritala ancestry.

He has ancestry from your side.

Likewise the late Emir of Kano (Muritala's hometown) also had a mistress or mistresses from there.
Re: Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB by tpiadotcom: 3:14pm On May 16, 2015
Princefame1:

Muritala is from Auchi...

Afemai people
Re: Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB by Princefame1: 3:14pm On May 16, 2015
tpiadotcom:

He has ancestry from your side.

Likewise the late Emir of Kano (Muritala's hometown) also had a mistresses or mistresses from there.
Re: Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB by tpiadotcom: 3:15pm On May 16, 2015
^ his mistress, he didn't marry her.

you can prove me wrong.
Re: Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB by Princefame1: 3:16pm On May 16, 2015
tpiadotcom:
^ his mistress, he didn't marry her.

he did.
Re: Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB by tpiadotcom: 3:23pm On May 16, 2015
Princefame1:

he did.

The lady's relatives (I think) were fighting for her share of the inheritance after the Emir passed on last year.

Remember they pointed out she was the Emir's mistress.

Do you have links that show she was one of the official four wives?
Re: Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB by nwaezeubom: 4:42pm On May 16, 2015
greater tomorrow secondary school my ass, what about that.
Re: Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB by nwaezeubom: 4:43pm On May 16, 2015
tpiadotcom:

Edo north is closer to the hausa/Fulani/nupe and middle belt I should think.
Re: Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB by nwaezeubom: 4:45pm On May 16, 2015
[quote author=nwaezeubom post=33800313][/quote]

it does not matter, nupe/fulan/housa. don't think u are impervious.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Aluko's $80million Yatch Was Rented By Jay Z And Beyonce For $lm (photo) / Obidients Close Alternative Result Collation Irev - Punch / Governor Obiano Acquires Automated Pothole Patching Machines (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.