Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,867 members, 7,872,883 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 01:51 AM

Benin Republic Is Nigeria’s 37th State –Yayi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Benin Republic Is Nigeria’s 37th State –Yayi (966 Views)

Solomon Adeola Yayi & Segun Adewale Aeroland Take Political Fight To New Height / Senator Yayi Tells Hameed Ali: "Go Back And Wear Uniform" / Senator Yayi's House Marked For Demolition. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Benin Republic Is Nigeria’s 37th State –Yayi by Ibsgal(f): 10:17pm On May 15, 2015
President Yayi of Benin Republic declared that his country is Nigeria’s 37th state. Yayi, who met Buhari at the Defence House in Abuja pledged to strengthen cultural and bilateral ties between Nigeria and Benin Republic. He also commended the president elect on the tactics used to ensure a peaceful and transparent election, saying that other West African leaders would no doubt need to learn from his good example in democracy. In his words: “Usually, in Africa, it is rare. He gave us a very good example of democracy, not only in our sub-region, not only in Africa , but also in the whole world. I am here to pledge my support and the support of my administration to your administration because of your integrity and respect" He noted that Benin is Nigerians’ second home, as approximately 55% percent of Benin's population has Nigerian heritage.

I have to say that the respect Buhari is commanding is phenomenal, not only in Africa, but on a world-wide scale. The Washington Post recently reported that Obama should attend the inauguration of the president-elect on May 29 (not sure why he needs to be there, but I guess the association wouldn't hurt either parties). To be honest, I was a bit disheartened when Buhari was elected, not because I supported GEJ, but because it was apparent that the situation in the country was so terrible the citizens were willing to elect an individual who is both a former military dictator and a former leader of a military junta. It was an act of desperation, but hopefully this act will prove to be the saving grace that the country needs. Hopefully.
Re: Benin Republic Is Nigeria’s 37th State –Yayi by Nobody: 10:26pm On May 15, 2015
Make d guy park! Benin republic is too poor to be any part of nigeria! undecided
Re: Benin Republic Is Nigeria’s 37th State –Yayi by Nobody: 10:33pm On May 15, 2015
While supreme minds are trying to get away from the Nigerian curse (the Nigger-area that has failed the black race and has continued to be a tumor on the people of African descent) this man is trying to add his country to Nigeria - interesting. Anyway, the two countries are intertwined culturally and historically, especially with the Yoruba, Fon, and Bariba - and I believe he's Yoruba. Coupled with the fact that smaller countries will always depend economically on bigger neighbours, especially the ones with little or no resources. However, this is funny though.

Nas defined Nigeria best when he said: They got Nigeria and Niger, two different countries/Somehow Niger turned to nigg3r, and shiit got ugly. Shiit is ugly with Nigeria...runnnnn. grin

1 Like

Re: Benin Republic Is Nigeria’s 37th State –Yayi by scholes0(m): 10:41pm On May 15, 2015
He is actually right.
Benin is Nigeria's "Unofficial" 37th state.

1 Like

Re: Benin Republic Is Nigeria’s 37th State –Yayi by ndukwejoe(m): 10:46pm On May 15, 2015
OK WE DON HEAR
Re: Benin Republic Is Nigeria’s 37th State –Yayi by davince99: 2:44pm On Jul 17, 2016
Never downgrade Benin republic the fact that Benin is humble doesn't mean Nigerians should walk over her!!...This is why I dislike Nigerians!!! angryNever downgrade Benin republic the fact that Benin is humble doesn't mean Nigerians should walk over her!!...This is why I dislike Nigerians!!!

(1) (Reply)

Speakers At The APC Policy Dialogue / "Where Were They?" Beatitudes by Professor Jerry Gana / 2016 Polls: Bayelsans Are Wiser Not To Re-elect You Again, Dickson Tells Sylva

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.