Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,994 members, 7,931,416 topics. Date: Monday, 26 August 2024 at 03:39 AM

Professor On Any Type Of Generator. - Technology Market (370) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Professor On Any Type Of Generator. (827916 Views)

What Brand Of Generator Can I Buy? / Professor On Any Type Of Solar Installations / Kara Nigeria‬ Offers The Best Prices Of Generator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by jamesope04(m): 3:43pm On Jul 03
motab:
I need your suggestions. I intend starting a laundry business. So I'll be needing a generator that can power a 10kg washing machine, a small standing fan and an electric iron. Which do you recommend
10kg semi automatic washing machine of any brand won't take more than 700watts- washer & spinner. Standing fan shouldn't take beyond 60watts. As for the iron, it depends. If you are going for a dry iron, which is not advisable for laundry business, it gulps between 1,000 - 1,200watts. Industrial iron gulps between 2,200watts - 2,400watts.

The minimum power needed to deliver your service efficiently is 3.75kva which gives 3,000watts.

Thank you
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by aieromon(m): 9:10pm On Jul 03
Georgee4u:
Good Day Guys

Please is there a reason why my bulbs blow whenever I use my SPG 2900 Sumec Generator? I am only using fan, laptop and bulbs. Could it be a connection problem or a fault from the generator? And it is a new generator. Not upto a month.Thanks

Problem looks like a faulty AVR. Contact a competent technician to have a look.

1 Like

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by DanielsParker(m): 9:45pm On Jul 03
Georgee4u:
Good Day Guys

Please is there a reason why my bulbs blow whenever I use my SPG 2900 Sumec Generator? I am only using fan, laptop and bulbs. Could it be a connection problem or a fault from the generator? And it is a new generator. Not upto a month.Thanks

It’s too high, reduce it. Locate that screw close to the choke and adjust it.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Esope6320: 9:36am On Jul 20
I want to sell my generator.
Few months used.
Clean with no fault.
Carton and receipt available.
Lagos,Ikorodu

081-498-336-80

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by phessyphemzzy(m): 9:44am On Jul 23
Hello everyone.

Pls can I get a list of Generator below 300k but with low fuel consumption for at least 2.5kva power, because I work from home.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by adamma24: 12:03pm On Jul 23
Guys between these two...which one is best..for overall performance

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Donpre(m): 6:35pm On Jul 24
Please what do you people thing of a Maxi generator

is it good? how available are parts for repair? is it durable?
is it loud?
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by cybernetics5: 9:07am On Jul 29
Please house, is there a technician around Satellite Town and environs (Lagos), that can come help fix my ITEC generator (manual start)? It starts at once, but shuts down almost immediately. Sometimes, it runs for 10 minutes maximum, but makes that sound generators make when it is out of fuel; meanwhile, there's fuel in the tank. A couple of guys around said it's a carburetor problem, but the unique make of the generator means that the carburetor is not on the market.

I have chatted with ITEC several times, but the process of getting help from them is like applying for US Visa. Even taking the generator to their facility at Gbagada is a logistics nightmare.

Can anyone help? Please reply this post. Thanks.

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by michealdeco: 4:17pm On Jul 29
cybernetics5:
Please house, is there a technician around Satellite Town and environs (Lagos), that can come help fix my ITEC generator (manual start)? It starts at once, but shuts down almost immediately. Sometimes, it runs for 10 minutes maximum, but makes that sound generators make when it is out of fuel; meanwhile, there's fuel in the tank. A couple of guys around said it's a carburetor problem, but the unique make of the generator means that the carburetor is not on the market.

I have chatted with ITEC several times, but the process of getting help from them is like applying for US Visa. Even taking the generator to their facility at Gbagada is a logistics nightmare.

try changing the oil
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by cybernetics5: 4:57pm On Jul 29
Thanks. I've actually done that, including changing the plug, etc. The gen works for a few minutes on half choke, then goes off. Unfortunately, the choke or carburetor is not something that can be bought on the open market (for now).

michealdeco:
try changing the oil
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by nonny1212: 4:30am On Jul 30
cybernetics5:

My generator used to do that. It is the same product but the electric starter. But it stopped the problm on its own. I think it is related to bad fuel that has got into the gen. Na very solid generator tho, if it's in a good form
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by michealdeco: 7:56am On Jul 30
cybernetics5:

Thanks. I've actually done that, including changing the plug, etc. The gen works for a few minutes on half choke, then goes off. Unfortunately, the choke or carburetor is not something that can be bought on the open market (for now).

damn sorry about that

Had same problem with my spg3000 and changing the oil stopped it

1 Like

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Intent247: 11:55am On Jul 30
Hello everyone. My generator drains oil quickly. My electrician has worked on the engine twice and he said I need to buy half engine to fix it.

It's a fireman SPG3000 generator I bought in 2014 for 33k. Chai good old days .

I need a new generator that consumes less fuel, not noisy that can carry my 110 litres of fridge, deep freezer and AC.

Budget is 400k.
Thanks
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by cybernetics5: 12:55pm On Jul 30
Thanks. I did that before, but no harm in trying again. Could be water has gotten into the tank or bad fuel as you suggested.

nonny1212:
My generator used to do that. It is the same product but the electric starter. But it stopped the problm on its own. I think it is related to bad fuel that has got into the gen. Na very solid generator tho, if it's in a good form
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Esope6320: 12:45pm On Jul 31
AVAILABLE
100K ONLY
LAGOS.

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Dollywood(m): 4:27pm On Aug 02
My generator went off this morning with a knock sound. You know something is broken in it. When I tried turning it on, the generator was so easy to pull and doesn’t sound like it has any mechanical connection to the generator anymore
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Lordofalmajiri(f): 1:18pm On Aug 03
michlins:
what I do with the generator is heavy duty welding. I buy 10k fuel and use it for two to three days
Please who did you buy the generator from and how did you get it ?
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by michlins(m): 3:28pm On Aug 03
Lordofalmajiri:

Please who did you buy the generator from and how did you get it ?
I bought it here on nairaland from one guy wey want japa

1 Like

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Lordofalmajiri(f): 8:24pm On Aug 03
michlins:
I bought it here on nairaland from one guy wey want japa
Omo you’re lucky sha .. the guy Dey delta ?
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by michlins(m): 9:34pm On Aug 03
Lordofalmajiri:

Omo you’re lucky sha .. the guy Dey delta ?
from Lagos

1 Like

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Lordofalmajiri(f): 9:29am On Aug 04
michlins:
from Lagos

Greetings bro .. please what logistics did you use? How did you waybill to delta ? I got a good offer but i don’t know how to go about it
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by michlins(m): 10:29am On Aug 04
Lordofalmajiri:

Greetings bro .. please what logistics did you use? How did you waybill to delta ? I got a good offer but i don’t know how to go about it
the person selling to you should help you out

1 Like

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Esope6320: 7:14am On Aug 05
Esope6320:
AVAILABLE
100K ONLY
LAGOS.
STILL AVAILABLE
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Mannyballs: 12:57pm On Aug 06
Please how much should I budget for a generator that can carry 200L of inverter freezer as well as TVs and Fans
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by jaycpu(m): 12:58pm On Aug 06
Good day house, please i want to go for a diesel engine generator, which product or brand will you recommend, i need something heavy, 10kva and 10kw rated power. Thank yoyu
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by rockflints77: 10:49am On Aug 08
Good day house , pls the plug of my fireman small generator is flying out when generator is running.
What can I do ? Or is there any quick fix?
Thanks
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by aieromon(m): 12:00pm On Aug 08
rockflints77:
Good day house , pls the plug of my fireman small generator is flying out when generator is running.
Thanks

Does it pop out after twisting clockwise to lock the plug?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YoyjguIDW4?si=z2J60Ds0ykuvmZfP
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Scientheosopher(m): 3:48pm On Aug 08
Dollywood:
My generator went off this morning with a knock sound. You know something is broken in it. When I tried turning it on, the generator was so easy to pull and doesn’t sound like it has any mechanical connection to the generator anymore
Likely a busted piston, broken valve or coonnecting rod. Just hope it didn't affect the crankcase or top cylinder.

Take it to a mechanic.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Scientheosopher(m): 3:56pm On Aug 08
rockflints77:
Thanks
The engine block plug hole thread has likely worn out.

The quick fix is to put a long strip of aluminium sheet and force tight the plug. But it won't last long.

The ideal fix is to change the engine block.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by saintruky(m): 1:23pm On Aug 12
Can i get the relay at an electrical store or strictly at shops that sell solely fridge equipments?

aieromon:

2 relays actually - the start relay and the overload relay. They are located close to the compressor housing. The start relay is usually the first to burn out due to old age and fluctuations in voltage supply.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=589yOyF0X20
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by aieromon(m): 2:30pm On Aug 12
saintruky:
Can i get the relay at an electrical store or strictly at shops that sell solely fridge equipments?

Electrical store preferred.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by saintruky(m): 8:22pm On Aug 12
aieromon:

Electrical store preferred.

Okay boss... But what if i don't get the exact type for my fridge?

(1) (2) (3) ... (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) (Reply)

##ORDER LAPTOPS,PHONES,TABLETS,CLOTHES FRM USA,UK,GERMANY& DUBAI TO NIGERIA / Scuit: Shop & Ship From China, USA, Dubai & UK (Express, Cargo & Shipping) / Buy Plasma, Lcd And Led Televisions For Affordable Pricein Lagos.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.