Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,865 members, 7,872,872 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 01:15 AM

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (335) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (1062443 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Cottyekundayo(m): 1:01pm On Jun 24, 2016
mayrosplace:
Hello all.
I have a few questions please. I hope someone is kind enough to answer. I am Graduate with HND in a science related field. I am interested in studying graduate nursing. Two years programme. Please is there any one currently studying this course . 2. When is the best time to apply. I am looking at studying at QUT. 3. I'm a single mom. What are my chances of getting a visa with my son.please I will really appreciate your response. Thanks.

I hope you find my answers useful

Firstly, as regards the best time to apply
You need to know if the school has deadline for admission.. the school website will provide such information , in addition the admission fo July is over for most schools, so you should be thinking of January entry... which in my opinion, it's not too early to apply. Infact it gives you more than enough time to prepare

Chances of getting visa with your son, depends on DIBP, considering the implementation of new visa policy by July 1, I think there will be need for you to provide proof of enough funds, so as to be sure enough
Regards

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by sen2paco: 1:34pm On Jun 24, 2016
Hi all,

My CO just contacted me via email requesting for medicals and also importantly wanting to have a short interview with me on Monday. What do I expect?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by meekmk(m): 1:42pm On Jun 24, 2016
Pardon my story but he fit long small.
Earlier this year I decided to go to Australia to obtain a masters of Human resource management. I opted for ecu. Edith Cowan University. The program consists of a 4 months pre masters program or course and upon completion I will start the 2 years masters itself.

I backed out of the program by listening to someone. A decision I'm almost regretting.. The person said it will be hard to get a job after completion.. Not true I think..

So my question us this..
The total programme will be 20 months study time.. Can I get a certificate course to make it 24 or 28 months after completion of the masters, to enable me get a good working permit.

After getting this permit or temporary residence.. Will I be able to get temporary jobs of 1 year , six months and the likes to build experience towards obtaining a PR. Or for my field is Australia a no no.. Please any advice is appreciated.. I'm 23 years old, IElts score 7.5 total band score.. Lowest was 6.5. I run a transport company and a pig farm.. Married this year with a little daughter on the way, due august..

B.A philosophy lagos state university.. Tuition is available for the full duration of study..

Please advice my brothers and sistrens!

Thanks
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Cottyekundayo(m): 2:45pm On Jun 24, 2016
sen2paco:
Hi all,

My CO just contacted me via email requesting for medicals and also importantly wanting to have a short interview with me on Monday. What do I expect?

As regards the short interview, that will be a phone call to you I guess... so revise your sop(if available) , take note of the cogent points, such as why you chose th school, and Australia too. You may also want to clearly outline that on a sheet of paper alongside your background, ,work experience, academic achievements, Long TERM GOALS, and some other random things that match your application documents you submitted and your personal personality.

I believe more member on this forum have more to say (I just gave my own opinion)
Also. Prepare to fire your medicals on that Monday too. No time to check time bro

Regards

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Cottyekundayo(m): 2:52pm On Jun 24, 2016
meekmk:
Pardon my story but he fit long small.
Earlier this year I decided to go to Australia to obtain a masters of Human resource management. I opted for ecu. Edith Cowan University. The program consists of a 4 months pre masters program or course and upon completion I will start the 2 years masters itself.

I backed out of the program by listening to someone. A decision I'm almost regretting.. The person said it will be hard to get a job after completion.. Not true I think..

So my question us this..
The total programme will be 20 months study time.. Can I get a certificate course to make it 24 or 28 months after completion of the masters, to enable me get a good working permit.

After getting this permit or temporary residence.. Will I be able to get temporary jobs of 1 year , six months and the likes to build experience towards obtaining a PR. Or for my field is Australia a no no.. Please any advice is appreciated.. I'm 23 years old, IElts score 7.5 total band score.. Lowest was 6.5. I run a transport company and a pig farm.. Married this year with a little daughter on the way, due august..

B.A philosophy lagos state university.. Tuition is available for the full duration of study..

Please advice my brothers and sistrens!

Thanks
Wish I could give useful answers
But check out the skilled migrants list of occupations bka bla bla.. that may give you more knowledge as to what you require
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by sen2paco: 2:56pm On Jun 24, 2016
Feb26soldier:
Doesnt matter, I didn't frontload myself. Just keep an eye on your email, trust me the moment they ask you to go for medical be sure a decision has been made. I got my grant a week after i was asked to go for medicals.
thanks for your motivational response. I've bn instructed to go for medicals.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by sen2paco: 2:59pm On Jun 24, 2016
Cottyekundayo:

As regards the short interview, that will be a phone call to you I guess... so revise your sop(if available) , take note of the cogent points, such as why you chose th school, and Australia too. You may also want to clearly outline that on a sheet of paper alongside your background, ,work experience, academic achievements, Long TERM GOALS, and some other random things that match your application documents you submitted and your personal personality.

I believe more member on this forum have more to say (I just gave my own opinion)
Also. Prepare to fire your medicals on that Monday too. No time to check time bro
Thanks bro. Noted. This fatayi wiliams could only book me in for Thursday. I regret not front loading the medicals.

Regards

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by nellynnemio: 3:12pm On Jun 24, 2016
Hello house pls my questions are, My husband didn't include me in his student Visa to Australia dt was because I became a family member after the grant of his visa. How can we go about marital status update? Secondly, he was accessed via SVP and we plan lodging my application by July as a dependant but the concern is proof of fund. We learnt that the money should have stayed with the financial institution for a period of 3months untouched. He has a running account with enough fund at least it meets the stated amount required. The account was opened in January at his arrival to Australia. There's no case of huge money lodgement rather a weekly pay n his timely expenditures. Can such an account be accepted? Tnx

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by nwankz: 3:16pm On Jun 24, 2016
[quote author=sen2paco post=46887205][/quote]
Sen2paco......call back and re-book.

I was supposed to do mine on Friday, I requested for rebooking on Wednesday and they said I can come on Wednesday. Plus I was even the first person to be attended to that Wednesday. It's on a first come first serve basis nd nt on the order of booking appointments for a particular day.

I wish u luck and I trust this info can buy u a few days.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by nwankz: 3:19pm On Jun 24, 2016
[quote author=sen2paco post=46887205][/quote]Sen2paco......call back and re-book.

I was supposed to do mine on Friday, I requested for rebooking on Wednesday and they said I can come on Wednesday. Plus I was even the first person to be attended to that Wednesday. It's on a first come first serve basis nd nt on the order of booking appointments for a particular day.

I wish u luck and I trust this info can buy u a few days.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Moseed: 4:20pm On Jun 24, 2016
Cottyekundayo:

@sen2paco. please when did you apply ? And when did you receive the mail from the CO?

Regards
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Moseed: 4:22pm On Jun 24, 2016
@sen2paco. please when did you apply ? And when did you receive the mail from the CO?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Cottyekundayo(m): 4:35pm On Jun 24, 2016
[quote author=sen2paco post=46887205][/quote]
Bros, show up there on Monday . I have a friend that was booked for Thursday when he wannid to the frontt load.. . Gi meet them on Monday. Explain you have no time again your start date is near and you g@ no time. Dem go do am

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by AlvinKem: 6:26pm On Jun 24, 2016
sen2paco:
Hi all,

Bro wen did u submit?? Also my advice as regards d interview is dat u shld jxt master ur sop proper and den recall all docs u submitted and be ready to defend anytyn abt dem
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by AlvinKem: 6:36pm On Jun 24, 2016
sen2paco:
thanks for your motivational response. I've bn instructed to go for medicals.

Told u I see u going for medicals soon! Dats a gd sign bro, I no b prophet o hehe belv it's God... Wen is ur strt date?? Stay positive bro, u will be fyn, I call it done for all we grant expectant IJN!!!!
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by sen2paco: 6:48pm On Jun 24, 2016
Hi Mates,

Thanks for your support and all.

I submitted on 10th June at teleperformance, lagos

The CO contacted today. In the mail he wrote that the application was lodged at Pretoria on the 14th of June.

Like you advised I will just show up at fatayi wiliams on monday.

My start date is 11th July
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by AlvinKem: 7:56pm On Jun 24, 2016
sen2paco:
Hi Mates,

Thanks for your support and all.

I submitted on 10th June at teleperformance, lagos

The CO contacted today. In the mail he wrote that the application was lodged at Pretoria on the 14th of June.

Like you advised I will just show up at fatayi wiliams on monday.

My start date is 11th July

11 is arnd d corner so jxt do dat medicals pronto, and I'm sure CO gv u a hap ID ryt
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by sen2paco: 8:44pm On Jun 24, 2016
AlvinKem:

11 is arnd d corner so jxt do dat medicals pronto, and I'm sure CO gv u a hap ID ryt
yes, he gave me the hap id
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by adesolami36: 9:12pm On Jun 24, 2016
SantaClause:

Amen ooo I want to see my fellow Nigerians dominate this place rather than the Sudanese and Togoese. It's frustrating you know having those people around and when you start speaking English #Some of them will see it as majic and the first thing they will say after listening to you is "Wow your English is pretty good" lol I speak English where I come from mehn with ***Don Jazz Voice***
Lol... Same thing happened to me when I went for a job interview here in Australia, the lady asked; where are you from, you speak good english. I was proud to tell her am from Nigeria.
I wonder what this pple think of Africans, they think we don't have English knowledge at all

2 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jun 24, 2016
Mzurch:

The Lord Has Done It For Me!!

Visa Granted!!

Submitted = 10/6/2016

Arrived Pretoria= 14/6/2016

Granted = 23/6/2016

7working Days

Thank you all for the support.

Congrats....what part of Aussie you coming??
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 9:30pm On Jun 24, 2016
Mzurch:

The Lord Has Done It For Me!!

Visa Granted!!

Submitted = 10/6/2016

Arrived Pretoria= 14/6/2016

Granted = 23/6/2016

7working Days

Thank you all for the support.

Congrats......what part of Aussie you coming?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by shinerpoly: 9:34pm On Jun 24, 2016
Aminat508:
Congrats bro

Thanks
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Mzurch(f): 11:10pm On Jun 24, 2016
SantaClause:

Congrats......what part of Aussie you coming?
goldcoast
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by TempusQ(m): 11:11pm On Jun 24, 2016
Thanks!
Mzurch:

1. I submitted in Lagos, on 10/6/2016, got the mail that evening.
2. I used PFL and they were sent a copy of the mail.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by nwankz: 1:22am On Jun 25, 2016
I thank God for his faithfulness as our grants continue to roll in.

Please is anyone in Perth now? How can I secure accommodation? I will beattending ECU. Thanks for Ur anticipated reply
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Swimgood: 3:55am On Jun 25, 2016
Ha this place hasn't changed the struggle the resilience and the success...just checking and wishing hopefuls the very best....
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by rudyislife: 4:31am On Jun 25, 2016
Good morning people I am new here,I want to make inquiries,I would like to apply for masters in Australia,I want to know if they are schools that accept second class lower(Cgpa 3.46),also I want to know if they would require an application fee ,and if it is also possible to use my cousin accout as sponsor for visa application. Thanks.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by JewelStone(f): 6:23am On Jun 25, 2016
rudyislife:
Good morning people I am new here,I want to make inquiries,I would like to apply for masters in Australia,I want to know if they are schools that accept second class lower(Cgpa 3.46),also I want to know if they would require an application fee ,and if it is also possible to use my cousin accout as sponsor for visa application. Thanks.

Welcome to the thread. Do yourself a favour and read up the last 100 pages or so.

Your CGPA is not bad. Most schools don't require application fee, and most schools will direct you to educational agents here in Nigeria.

With the new visa policy that will come to effect from July 1st, you may need an account statement for your visa application, depending on the school you've choosen. I'm not sure if your cousin can sponsor you as the new policy is very strict on financial requirement.

Google.com should be your best friend for now. Check out schools that offer your intended course and their respective fees, nobody has the time to do your research for you.

When you've shortlisted the schools you're interested in, I can advise you on the ones that will be easier for your visa application, based on my study of the new policy.

Just my 2 cents

2 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by rudyislife: 6:45am On Jun 25, 2016
JewelStone:

Welcome to the thread. Do yourself a favour and read up the last 100 pages or so.

Your CGPA is not bad. Most schools don't require application fee, and most schools will direct you to educational agents here in Nigeria.

With the new visa policy that will come to effect from July 1st, you may need an account statement for your visa application, depending on the school you've choosen. I'm not sure if your cousin can sponsor you as the new policy is very strict on financial requirement.

Google.com should be your best friend for now. Check out schools that offer your intended course and their respective fees, nobody has the time to do your research for you.

When you've shortlisted the schools you're interested in, I can advise you on the ones that will be easier for your visa application, based on my study of the new policy.
Thanks for your prompt reply,I studied Chemical Engineering,i would like to know the outcome after the masters degree,is it possible to have a stay and look for a job,as UK gives just 4 months how many months does Australia give after studies

Just my 2 cents
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by jennykim: 11:45am On Jun 25, 2016
Am greatful to almighty GOD and all ye contributors in the house.MY VISA GRANT LANDED yesterday afternoon.Masters programme,visa subclass svp 573.applied at teleperformance abuja on 24th may 2016,it got to pretoria 30th may,visa granted 24th june.Family of 4 with SOA less than 4million. 6months payslip,appointment lettersfrom both hubby and i.medicals frontloaded.No agent involved.

2 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by shinerpoly: 11:55am On Jun 25, 2016
jennykim:
Am greatful to almighty GOD and all ye contributors in the house.MY VISA GRANT LANDED yesterday afternoon.Masters programme,visa subclass svp 573.applied at teleperformance abuja on 24th may 2016,it got to pretoria 30th may,visa granted 24th june.Family of 4 with SOA less than 4million. 6months payslip,appointment lettersfrom both hubby and i.medicals frontloaded.No agent involved.

Congratulations
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Moseed: 12:06pm On Jun 25, 2016
jennykim:

Congratulations ma!

(1) (2) (3) ... (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) ... (511)

Usa Visit Visa / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 8

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.