Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,955 members, 7,873,057 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 07:23 AM

I Want Her To Be My Wife But My Dad Says We're Not Compatible - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Want Her To Be My Wife But My Dad Says We're Not Compatible (2383 Views)

What's My Dad Says I Should Do To My Future Wife / Are You Sexually Compatible With Your Spouse? / I Love My Wife, But She Brings Me Bad Luck: Read, Think Before Judging (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want Her To Be My Wife But My Dad Says We're Not Compatible by Necorios(m): 1:10pm On Sep 15, 2006
We av been dating for 6yrs and my dad says we re not compatible for marriage,80% of my dad's talks is reality and i luv her so much,wht do i do?
Re: I Want Her To Be My Wife But My Dad Says We're Not Compatible by momoney1(m): 12:05am On Sep 16, 2006
stop loving her and leave for good, G luck
Re: I Want Her To Be My Wife But My Dad Says We're Not Compatible by kiki(f): 4:27am On Sep 16, 2006
how didn't u realize that for d past 6 yrs well think about it this way it might be one out of the 20% of what ur daddy says dat is not true
Re: I Want Her To Be My Wife But My Dad Says We're Not Compatible by candylips(m): 12:52pm On Sep 16, 2006
listen to ur dad
Re: I Want Her To Be My Wife But My Dad Says We're Not Compatible by Seun(m): 10:20am On Mar 25, 2007
You are not ripe for marriage since you are still a daddy's boy. Release her so she can find a better man.
Re: I Want Her To Be My Wife But My Dad Says We're Not Compatible by Glamourgal(f): 1:57pm On Mar 25, 2007
follow ur heart.

BTW why doesn't ur dad like ur girl?
Re: I Want Her To Be My Wife But My Dad Says We're Not Compatible by ugodaniel(m): 2:55pm On Mar 25, 2007
Glamourgal:

follow your heart.

BTW why doesn't your dad like your girl?

Good question!!!
Re: I Want Her To Be My Wife But My Dad Says We're Not Compatible by bunmii(f): 3:01pm On Mar 25, 2007
do not ignore your father just as him why he thinks both of u are not compatible
Re: I Want Her To Be My Wife But My Dad Says We're Not Compatible by spoilt(f): 7:02pm On Mar 25, 2007
is it your dad who is going to be living with her? i dont believe you!  angry
Re: I Want Her To Be My Wife But My Dad Says We're Not Compatible by Seun(m): 8:56pm On Mar 25, 2007
Ok, I agree with others that you should ask him why. Also, ask yourself whether the two of you are compatible.
Re: I Want Her To Be My Wife But My Dad Says We're Not Compatible by whiteNkem(f): 9:36pm On Mar 25, 2007
"You're not compatible" is not a reason. Did he read that in the stars or guessed it in cards? Come on, he should really come up with strong relevant arguments!
Re: I Want Her To Be My Wife But My Dad Says We're Not Compatible by Radiant(f): 11:54pm On Mar 25, 2007
Helloooooooooo!
Re: I Want Her To Be My Wife But My Dad Says We're Not Compatible by OmoEko1(f): 12:00am On Mar 26, 2007
am sorry to say this oh but fu ck the parents decision on marriage.

They enjoyed their own lives, now is the time for  kids to do the same.

Parents also think they know the best but trust me they don't.

Some says the pastor said they weren't meant to be together,? oh really how did he know that.

Some says they saw it in their dreams? yea right

I think people needs to make their own decisions, they are the ones that knows what's best for themselves.
Re: I Want Her To Be My Wife But My Dad Says We're Not Compatible by Radiant(f): 12:04am On Mar 26, 2007
Omo, you forgot to mention "God said" and " I saw a vision" cheesy
Re: I Want Her To Be My Wife But My Dad Says We're Not Compatible by OmoEko1(f): 12:06am On Mar 26, 2007
Radiant:

Omo, you forgot to mention "God said" and " I saw a vision" cheesy
lol yes oh cheesy cheesy cheesy,
Re: I Want Her To Be My Wife But My Dad Says We're Not Compatible by lafile(m): 11:31am On Mar 26, 2007
@Necorios
You've not said much. surely, your dad must have said more than that. what did he mean by not compatible? what are his reasons? what is the opinion of other family members (mum, sis, bro etc)? What is the 80% reality?
Re: I Want Her To Be My Wife But My Dad Says We're Not Compatible by tinuade001(f): 12:50pm On Mar 26, 2007
Why not wake your dad in the middle of the night and talk things with him. Ask him why? And if i may ask, where is your dad all these while. For the past 6 yrs. O boy, do consider we ladies too, even if he say so, where do you want the lady to start now. Put her in your position. Anyway ask God for his intervention.
Re: I Want Her To Be My Wife But My Dad Says We're Not Compatible by vigasimple(m): 5:16pm On Jan 30, 2008
Omo Eko:

am sorry to say this oh but fu ck the parents decision on marriage. They enjoyed their own lives, now is the time for  kids to do the same.

Parents also think they know the best but trust me they don't.

Some says the pastor said they weren't meant to be together,? oh really how did he know that.

Some says they saw it in their dreams? yea right

I think people needs to make their own decisions, they are the ones that knows what's best for themselves.

If the words in bold is what you think and say about your parents then your children will think and say the same to you.

Try and build manners, even if you disagree with your parents(asuming you have any left) and you can even educate them if you think they are wrong and indeed if they are wrong. majority of times parents are right because they have passed through the exact route you are about to take.

A word is enough for the wise.

tinuade001:

Why not wake your dad in the middle of the night and talk things with him. Ask him why? And if i may ask, where is your dad all these while. For the past 6 years. O boy, do consider we ladies too, even if he say so, where do you want the lady to start now. Put her in your position. Anyway ask God for his intervention.

Very well said, this is the most thoughtful advice and opinion on this issue so far.

1. Your father need to give you a very good reason for his view of  non compatibility.

2. What was he thinking/looking for the last 6 years and you for that matter ?

3. If you have a sister or a daughter would you be happy for them to find out after 6 years that they are not compatible, how would you feel.
Re: I Want Her To Be My Wife But My Dad Says We're Not Compatible by amaikama(m): 5:47pm On Apr 29, 2009
@poster! please propose to ur dady grin say, dady, will you marry me?? lipsrsealed grin tongue kiss
Re: I Want Her To Be My Wife But My Dad Says We're Not Compatible by uzwu: 6:47pm On Apr 29, 2009
ROFLABO grin
Re: I Want Her To Be My Wife But My Dad Says We're Not Compatible by ifyalways(f): 7:22pm On Apr 29, 2009
How old is the poster sef
Your dad said u guys are not compatible and u are saying that ur dad is 80% right,methinks u are a kid.
Re: I Want Her To Be My Wife But My Dad Says We're Not Compatible by ifele(m): 6:48pm On May 04, 2009
Dont be a daddy's boy. Control yur life. If yu love her and she loves yu marry her.Parents can be parasites at times.
Re: I Want Her To Be My Wife But My Dad Says We're Not Compatible by Fhemmmy: 7:42pm On May 04, 2009
Ask your dad what he based his judgement or analysis on.
You never can tell, maybe their path has crossed somehow.
Re: I Want Her To Be My Wife But My Dad Says We're Not Compatible by bomakris(f): 8:52am On May 05, 2009
Is it ur dad that want spend the rest of his life with ur wife or u?

man wake up i stop day dreaming,

For 6yrs ur dad did not know that you guys are not compatible he just suddenly realise that.

Well is too bad.

but follow ur heart.
Re: I Want Her To Be My Wife But My Dad Says We're Not Compatible by seyilah: 1:16pm On May 05, 2009
no b man u b at dat old age wen ur friends don b grandpa hehn
Re: I Want Her To Be My Wife But My Dad Says We're Not Compatible by JustGood(m): 1:28pm On May 06, 2009
white`Nkem:

"You're not compatible" is not a reason. Did he read that in the stars or guessed it in cards? Come on, he should really come up with strong relevant arguments!

This is one of the kind of women who come back to cry and complain about their husbands.
Re: I Want Her To Be My Wife But My Dad Says We're Not Compatible by JustGood(m): 1:30pm On May 06, 2009
ifyalways:

How old is the poster sef
Your dad said u guys are not compatible and u are saying that ur dad is 80% right,methinks u are a kid.

So if a guy knows that his dad is right about some things, he has become a kid?

wonder wonder wonder
Re: I Want Her To Be My Wife But My Dad Says We're Not Compatible by JustGood(m): 1:31pm On May 06, 2009
tinuade001:

Why not wake your dad in the middle of the night and talk things with him. Ask him why? And if i may ask, where is your dad all these while. For the past 6 yrs. O boy, do consider we ladies too, even if he say so, where do you want the lady to start now. Put her in your position. Anyway ask God for his intervention.

Sensible
Re: I Want Her To Be My Wife But My Dad Says We're Not Compatible by anishow: 7:32pm On Jul 21, 2009
KEEP PUTTING IT TO GOD IN PRAYER AND ALSO TALK TO UR DAD AS A MAN,MAKING HIM SEE REASONS WITH YOU.good luck
Re: I Want Her To Be My Wife But My Dad Says We're Not Compatible by samparian(m): 5:09am On Jul 22, 2009
only rich parents tend to dictate who their children will marry. grin

If you're truely ready for marriage, talk to your dad and tell him how much you love the girl and ask him to give you reasons why he's against it.

You're a man, and about the make the Biggest Commitment you'll ever make in your life. Respectfully Demand an explanation from your dad.

You need to know why.
Re: I Want Her To Be My Wife But My Dad Says We're Not Compatible by ifyalways(f): 7:29am On Jul 22, 2009
JustGood:

So if a guy knows that his dad is right about some things, he has become a kid?

wonder wonder wonder
Hes a kid cos he :
does not know if hes compatible with his lover.
said his dad is 80% right,indirectly meaning hes not compatible with his lover.
If hes yet to know if him and his partner are not compatible,then hes a kid and have no biz attempting marriage yet.
Re: I Want Her To Be My Wife But My Dad Says We're Not Compatible by jumie(f): 11:56am On Jul 22, 2009
If you say your dad is 80% right, then it means that you have already made up your mind to listen to him.

However, I believe if you truly love your girl, you should find a way to convince your dad that you love her, she is what you want and you both can make a good couple.

Overall, you need to weigh all your dad's point first. Pray also and involve your mum, siblings etc if you feel otherwise.

Thats it!

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Do You Do When Your Wife Earns Much More Than You Do?? / When Wedding Photographer Said "KISS" 4yrold Flower Girl Did THIS / Dating & Relationships

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.