Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,109 members, 7,916,232 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 06:31 PM

I Want Her To Be My Wife But My Dad Says We're Not Compatible - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Want Her To Be My Wife But My Dad Says We're Not Compatible (2396 Views)

What's My Dad Says I Should Do To My Future Wife / Are You Sexually Compatible With Your Spouse? / I Love My Wife, But She Brings Me Bad Luck: Read, Think Before Judging (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: I Want Her To Be My Wife But My Dad Says We're Not Compatible by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jul 22, 2009
I don't have a lot of experience in this aspect of relationships,
but I'd assume your best bet is to talk with your dad, Ask him what he think of you g/f and try to explain to him how you feel about her not being accepted.
Re: I Want Her To Be My Wife But My Dad Says We're Not Compatible by JustGood(m): 4:37pm On Jul 22, 2009
ifyalways:

Hes a kid cos he :
does not know if hes compatible with his lover.
said his dad is 80% right,indirectly meaning hes not compatible with his lover.
If hes yet to know if him and his partner are not compatible,then hes a kid and have no biz attempting marriage yet.

The fact that he said he knows that his dad is right is enough to state that the guy believes the girl is not compatible with him but he would rather go ahead withe the relationship anyway.

Love and compatibility are two different things. Love is not ALL it takes to sustain a marriage
Re: I Want Her To Be My Wife But My Dad Says We're Not Compatible by JustGood(m): 4:38pm On Jul 22, 2009
jumie:

If you say your dad is 80% right, then it means that you have already made up your mind to listen to him.

However, I believe if you truly love your girl, you should find a way to convince your dad that you love her, she is what you want and you both can make a good couple.

Overall, you need to weigh all your dad's point first. Pray also and involve your mum, siblings etc if you feel otherwise.

Thats it!

You mean he should go ahead and marry the girl because he loves her even after confessing that they are both incompatible?

Easy to see why there are lots of miserable marriages these days

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Does It Take To Get Married / Resign To Take Care Of The Baby / Permanent Dreadlock For 1yr Old Baby

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.