Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,190 members, 7,887,448 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 09:02 AM

Buhari Appoints Adesina, Shehu As Spokesmen - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Appoints Adesina, Shehu As Spokesmen (41502 Views)

REVEALED: How Adesina, Shehu’s Incompetence Forced Buhari To Pick Lai Mohammed / President Buhari Confirms SUN Newspaper MD Adesina, Shehu As Spokesmen / Buhari Appoints Adesina, Shehu As Spokesmen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Appoints Adesina, Shehu As Spokesmen by reuben79: 10:27pm On May 31, 2015
KHAYGOLD:
A yoruba and hausa. What of igbo? cross legs
igbos no vote 4 apc ohhh.so nothing 4 them 4 dis government

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints Adesina, Shehu As Spokesmen by Nobody: 10:30pm On May 31, 2015
I don't know much about this Femi Adesina dude. IMHO, Garba Shehu should have been appointed as the main spokesman. He not only worked for it but also competent.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints Adesina, Shehu As Spokesmen by chiefinalowo: 10:31pm On May 31, 2015
Buhari/Yemi, don't forget lean government. No position should have deputy, please.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Appoints Adesina, Shehu As Spokesmen by Nobody: 10:32pm On May 31, 2015
Where is the change ?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Appoints Adesina, Shehu As Spokesmen by Nobody: 10:32pm On May 31, 2015
66.333% north n 33.333% south.
I' always wondered why there was a Ruben Abati and then a Doyin Okupe. Both did virtually same job. I saw no difference.

Is Buhari trying to replicate that?? If yes, I guess we might as well pan the lean govt mantra.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints Adesina, Shehu As Spokesmen by LIGHT6484: 10:34pm On May 31, 2015
ayusco85:
Kayode ogundamisi just sent a bc on bbm. I guess its confirmed.

President Buhari appoints Femi Adesina, Garba Shehu as Spokesmen

Abuja, Nigeria, 31 May 2015: President Muhammadu Buhari has announced the first set of appointments into his administration.

The President on Sunday evening, May 31st 2015 named Mr Femi Adesina and Mal. Garba Shehu as his spokesmen. Femi Adesina will serve as Special Adviser (Media and Publicity) while Garba Shehu will be the new Senior Special Assistant (Media and Publicity).

The President has also approved the appointment of Mal. Lawal Abdullahi Kazaure as the State Chief of Protocol (SCOP).

Mr Adesina is the current President of the Nigerian Guild of Editors (NGE) and serves as the Managing Director/Editor-in-Chief of The Sun newspapers.
Garba Shehu served as the Director, Media and Publicity of the APC Presidential Campaign Council. He was the President of the Nigerian Guild of Editors sixteen years ago.

Abdullahi Kazaure is a career Foreign Service official and currently serves in Aso Rock Villa as a Special Assistant (Presidential Matters).

Signed:
Garba Shehu
Senior Special Assistant (Media and Publicity)
Aso Rock Villa
Abuja.
congratulations adesina
Re: Buhari Appoints Adesina, Shehu As Spokesmen by Nobody: 10:35pm On May 31, 2015
Billyonaire:
Where is the change ?
maybe you're too blind to see it tongue
Re: Buhari Appoints Adesina, Shehu As Spokesmen by arbitter: 10:36pm On May 31, 2015
biafransoul:
Is This agent of 'change' not supposed to have a very lean government? Why appointing two people to the same office? I thought it was haram for Gej to have special advisers and assistant ones. Apc hypocrisy stinks.

Firefire:
Interesting episode...

How prudent will the administration of Buahari be after duplication of office and appointment to same / similar role of more than one individual like in the previous administration?

What has CHANGE ?

I implore Nigerians to be on the watch.

The Assistant will be writing speeches and setting up press conferences and briefing the press and so on.

An Special Adviser is responsible for developing and promoting the agenda of the President and leading its media campaign, especially Social Media in this case

How is that a duplication of duties?

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Appoints Adesina, Shehu As Spokesmen by arbitter: 10:39pm On May 31, 2015
Mexense:
I' always wondered why there was a Ruben Abati and then a Doyin Okupe. Both did virtually same job. I saw no difference.

Is Buhari trying to replicate that?? If yes, I guess we might as well pan the lean govt mantra.

Abati wrote Jonathans speeches and did other stuff behind the scenes while Okupe was sent to talk to the press and so on. If you thought they did the same thing then thats because they both sucked at their jobs. Plus there wasnt much Press briefing done so one person i.e Okupe was not doing that much because its his Job to brief the Press DAILY.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Appoints Adesina, Shehu As Spokesmen by chiefinalowo: 10:40pm On May 31, 2015
Somebody should tell Buhari/Yemi that we don't want a repeat of the past in any political appointment.
They should not allow the children of anger to criticize them destructively.
I am totally disappointed in this first appointment.

We don't want to hear minister of state in this administration.
Re: Buhari Appoints Adesina, Shehu As Spokesmen by Stunner5(m): 10:40pm On May 31, 2015
Special adviser-to advise the presidenCy on matters relating to media ie both d constructive and destructive criticism that will be coming in from all angles while senior special assistant will be saddled wif discharging media related programmes for d presidency as well as organizing press conference and preparing d presidency for likely questions that will be coming

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints Adesina, Shehu As Spokesmen by Nobody: 10:40pm On May 31, 2015
Firefire:
Interesting episode...

How prudent will the administration of Buahari be after duplication of office and appointment to same / similar role of more than one individual like in the previous administration?

What has CHANGE ?

I implore Nigerians to be on the watch.

Now they know that their roles are actually different... when it was GEJ, it was duplication of duty and waste of resources... check https://www.nairaland.com/2325130/buhari-appoints-femi-adesina-special/2

I would love to know what Mr. Gbawe will make of this

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Appoints Adesina, Shehu As Spokesmen by Marchman: 10:41pm On May 31, 2015
Does he really need two spokeseperson? What happened to his pledge to run a lean government? PAC is new PDP. Lol

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints Adesina, Shehu As Spokesmen by Olaone1: 10:42pm On May 31, 2015
arbitter:

The Assistant will be writing speeches and setting up press conferences and briefing the press and so on.

An Special Adviser is responsible for developing and promoting the agenda of the President and leading its media campaign, especially Social Media in this case

undecided
Re: Buhari Appoints Adesina, Shehu As Spokesmen by bewla(m): 10:42pm On May 31, 2015
tongue
Re: Buhari Appoints Adesina, Shehu As Spokesmen by Olaone1: 10:43pm On May 31, 2015
Stunner5:
Special adviser-to advise the presidenCy on matters relating to media ie both d constructive and destructive criticism that will be coming in from all angles while senior special assistant will be saddled wif discharging media related programmes for d presidency as well as organizing press conference and preparing d presidency for likely questions that will be coming
cool
Re: Buhari Appoints Adesina, Shehu As Spokesmen by idris4eva(m): 10:45pm On May 31, 2015
zik4ever:

Not doubting their competence but I perceive he's trying to balance competing interests here oh!
and more so I see that of garba shehu as a compensation to him for his effort he made toward putting buhari in campaign in the right direction.....
Re: Buhari Appoints Adesina, Shehu As Spokesmen by Nobody: 10:47pm On May 31, 2015
arbitter:

Abati wrote Jonathans speeches and did other stuff behind the scenes while Okupe was sent to talk to the press and so on. If you thought they did the same thing then thats because they both sucked at their jobs. Plus there wasnt much Press briefing done so one person i.e Okupe was not doing that much because its his Job to brief the Press DAILY.
Fair enough. I can buy this explanation.
Re: Buhari Appoints Adesina, Shehu As Spokesmen by Emekamex(m): 10:51pm On May 31, 2015
Buhari should quickly announce his cabinets and start work immediately. I don't know why he is wasting so much time, boko haram are having a field day because of this.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints Adesina, Shehu As Spokesmen by cifutemi(f): 10:51pm On May 31, 2015
Can. You all justshut up and let Buhari work. Your opinion does not count angry
Re: Buhari Appoints Adesina, Shehu As Spokesmen by cifutemi(f): 10:53pm On May 31, 2015
arbitter:

Don't mind them
Re: Buhari Appoints Adesina, Shehu As Spokesmen by Nobody: 10:54pm On May 31, 2015
nice...
Re: Buhari Appoints Adesina, Shehu As Spokesmen by rcb34: 10:54pm On May 31, 2015
dunkem21:

..The same duplication of posts characterized by the "clueless" administration. ..No change of tactics ..

..Congrats, Femi and Garba.
dont get it the other way round, one is an advicer while the other an assistant,this does not mean the roles are same.......
Re: Buhari Appoints Adesina, Shehu As Spokesmen by eejo(m): 10:56pm On May 31, 2015
APC=PDP instead of buhari to cut cost he is still increasing it please what is the work of information minister

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints Adesina, Shehu As Spokesmen by Nobody: 10:59pm On May 31, 2015
arbitter:

Then Buhari should hire another one to be in charge of google, another in charge of reading newspaper for him, another in charge of press releases. Are you even thinking ?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints Adesina, Shehu As Spokesmen by Nobody: 11:00pm On May 31, 2015
B-U-S-T-E-D The details of a secret meeting between Buhari and some northern leaders has been revealed. This meeting took place at the presidential villa last night Saturday, 30th May, 2015. These northern leaders told Buhari not to make the kind of mistake Dr Jonathan made by not massively developing the Niger Delta, they said he focused on the transformation of the entire country, believing that he (Dr Jonathan) will secure a second term in office to massively develop Niger Delta. They asked Buhari to treat the north, mostly north-west and north-east like everyday is his last day in office, citing the long absence of a northerner at the helm of affairs. They made eight demands from Buhari, which are. Appointment of core northern Muslims in to key positions in the country. Extra financial support for the 19 northern states. Amnesty for boko haram, so that it would be an avenue to empower northern youths. To establish a world class petroleum university in Katsina state. To build another refinery in Kano state. To pay off Tinubu and Amaechi for sponsoring his campaign, so that his presidency can be truly a northern presidency. To place Ankio Briggs and Asari Dokubo on DSS watch list, seize their passports, because they can turn the Niger Delta region against his presidency. And lastly they asked him not to honour the gay agreement between his party(APC) and the western countries. Sources said Buhari agreed to try his best in the first seven demands, but he his not so sure of the last demand which is the gay agreement with western countries. Because he is scared they would fight him, destabilize his government, and possibly edge him out like they did to Dr Jonathan. The meeting had in attendance, governors el Rufai, Amino Masari, Abdulahi Ganduje of Kaduna, Katsina and Kano respectively. Others are Atiku Abubakar, Ibrahim Commossie, Adamu Ciroma, Yosuf Maitama Sule, and Muhammad Danjuma Goje.
Re: Buhari Appoints Adesina, Shehu As Spokesmen by ZUBY77(m): 11:00pm On May 31, 2015
doctokwus:
Good appointments.Particularly excited with that of Adeshina. Believe d duo would be a marked departure from d 2 clowns that hitherto held d post.
I know this officially heralds d appointments that would come in torrents this week because this would b d men that would be making the announcements.
Excitement is back in the air!

Does Buhari ever do anything bad where you are?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Appoints Adesina, Shehu As Spokesmen by Nobody: 11:03pm On May 31, 2015
davodyguy:
I need to get something about this clumsy appointments in Nigeria

Can someone define their roles?
One special adviser and the other senior special assistant

Who does the job of Ruben Abati between the two of them?

Very clear.
Special adviser advises the boss on how to relate public issues to the masses
He do not rush to the press himself to speak for the boss

While
The special assistant relays the refined messages for public consumption. He is the mouth of mr President.
Re: Buhari Appoints Adesina, Shehu As Spokesmen by otipoju(m): 11:09pm On May 31, 2015
arbitter:

You just spoke my mind perfectly. There roles and job functions are not the same.
Re: Buhari Appoints Adesina, Shehu As Spokesmen by Nobody: 11:09pm On May 31, 2015
Garba shehu is a political jobber.
Re: Buhari Appoints Adesina, Shehu As Spokesmen by Nobody: 11:10pm On May 31, 2015
The President on Sunday evening, named Mr Femi Adesina and Mal. Garba Shehu as his spokesmen. Femi Adesina will serve as Special Adviser (Media and Publicity) while Garba Shehu will be the new Senior Special Assistant (Media and Publicity).

How can TWO people be assigned SAME portfolio? Is it that Buhari does not have a clue or what?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Maryam Abacha Celebrates Her 70th Birthday With Family In New York (Photos) / Atedo Peterside Remembers Fathers Who Have Looted, Rigged Elections / Saraki Group Rejects APC Primaries As Lawan Emerges Winner, See Press Release

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.