Stats: 3,168,863 members, 7,872,864 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 12:50 AM

Buhari Appoints Adesina, Shehu As Spokesmen - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Appoints Adesina, Shehu As Spokesmen (41452 Views)

REVEALED: How Adesina, Shehu’s Incompetence Forced Buhari To Pick Lai Mohammed / President Buhari Confirms SUN Newspaper MD Adesina, Shehu As Spokesmen / Buhari Appoints Adesina, Shehu As Spokesmen (2) (3) (4)

Re: Buhari Appoints Adesina, Shehu As Spokesmen by nimsy: 11:10pm On May 31, 2015
Congrats to both guys, a case of round peg in round hole. Femi is a fantastic media guru right from his days at the defunct Concord Newspaper. Femi is also a pastor in Foursquare Gospel Church.

The Senior Special Adviser is equal to a Minister in the federal cabinet, while the assistant is not. Femi takes the post of Reuben, while Alhaji Garba Shehu takes that of Doyin Okupe.

I wish them well in this new assignment.
Re: Buhari Appoints Adesina, Shehu As Spokesmen by Jesusloveyou: 11:11pm On May 31, 2015
ikaboy:
Pls what is the difference between their job functions and who exerts more influence to the president? I hope we don't see conflicts here
in a simple logic, one is to advise, d other is to assist.

Re: Buhari Appoints Adesina, Shehu As Spokesmen by Johnterryfama(m): 11:13pm On May 31, 2015
shey na una dey shout job creation ,
Re: Buhari Appoints Adesina, Shehu As Spokesmen by Nobody: 11:18pm On May 31, 2015
kenonze:

Very clear.
Special adviser advises the boss on how to relate public issues to the masses
He do not rush to the press himself to speak for the boss

While
The special assistant relays the refined messages for public consumption. He is the mouth of mr President.
Your two "definitions" are Public Affairs and not Media and publicity (Okupe role).

Media and Publicity Special Adviser relates with the Media, arranges for Press Conferences, prepare his boss and he's the go between the boss and the Media. This was Abati's role!

Media and Publicity Senior Special Assistant is lower in rÀnk to to Special Adviser but does similar role. To avoid duplication and conflict of interest, SSAs are usually givÉn Public Affairs role (Okupe role) or Ñew Media (Omokri's role).

What Buhari just did is to lump two people into a single portfolio(just like Minister and Minister of state).

Re: Buhari Appoints Adesina, Shehu As Spokesmen by ogabs20(m): 11:19pm On May 31, 2015
ikaboy:
Pls what is the difference between their job functions and who exerts more influence to the president? I hope we don't see conflicts here
I hope this will clarify issues

Re: Buhari Appoints Adesina, Shehu As Spokesmen by infomind98: 11:21pm On May 31, 2015
Good. May Almighty Allah assist them and guide them aright. Aamin.
Please Nigerians, let's have hope and support them with our prayer without any sentiment.
Re: Buhari Appoints Adesina, Shehu As Spokesmen by Nobody: 11:29pm On May 31, 2015
barcanista:
Your two "definitions" are Public Affairs and not Media and publicity (Okupe role).

Media and Publicity Special Adviser relates with the Media, arranges for Press Conferences, prepare his boss and he's the go between the boss and the Media. This was Abati's role!

Media and Publicity Senior Special Assistant is lower in rÀnk to to Special Adviser but does similar role. To avoid duplication and conflict of interest, SSAs are usually givÉn Public Affairs role (Okupe role) or Ñew Media (Omokri's role).

What Buhari just did is to lump two people into a single portfolio(just like Minister and Minister of state).

Ur explanations made it more confusing.

Mind u I was never interested in GEJ Lead administration, I dont even know who is Abatti nor Okupe but all I could remember are their incompetences thus making GEJ regime what it was.
If u can explain better without using their names, it will be better

Re: Buhari Appoints Adesina, Shehu As Spokesmen by datbay(m): 11:30pm On May 31, 2015
Tonnierichy:
OK, I will look into that
lolssss...pls do
Re: Buhari Appoints Adesina, Shehu As Spokesmen by Nobody: 11:33pm On May 31, 2015
Beremx:
Can someone please explain their roles and how are they different?
APC don start to dey confuse Aunty Berem

Re: Buhari Appoints Adesina, Shehu As Spokesmen by davodyguy: 11:36pm On May 31, 2015
kenonze:

Very clear.
Special adviser advises the boss on how to relate public issues to the masses
He do not rush to the press himself to speak for the boss

While
The special assistant relays the refined messages for public consumption. He is the mouth of mr President.
Your explanation even made a case for friction. Its still the same thing. An adviser is also an assistant, same way an assistant also advises. Femi Adesina can advise buhari on how to put his thoughts to the public and after the refining, he can relay to the public, not so?

Still no case for two advisers and assistants. Waste just like Jonathan did.

Buhari just fell my hand
Re: Buhari Appoints Adesina, Shehu As Spokesmen by Nobody: 11:51pm On May 31, 2015
kenonze:

Ur explanations made it more confusing.

Mind u I was never interested in GEJ Lead administration, I dont even know who is Abatti nor Okupe but all I could remember are their incompetences thus making GEJ regime what it was.
If u can explain better without using their names, it will be better

Media and Publicity officer relates with the Media, arranges for Press Conferences, prepare his boss and he's the go between the boss and the Media. This was Abati's role!

Buhari just appointed TWO people to that office. The Special Adviser(SA) is in the rank of a cabinet member, and even sit at the weekly cabinet. Though the Senior Special Assistant(SSA) reports to the boss, the SA is superior in rank.

What Buhari just did is to lump two people to perform same job function though in different capacity, which is a waste of resources. Except he decide to give one the role of "Public Affairs". We are watching...
Re: Buhari Appoints Adesina, Shehu As Spokesmen by Nobody: 11:53pm On May 31, 2015
I de laugh
ECOTERRORS:
APC don start to dey confuse Aunty Berem
Re: Buhari Appoints Adesina, Shehu As Spokesmen by MosquitoREBIRTH(m): 11:54pm On May 31, 2015
Firefire:
Interesting episode...

How prudent will the administration of Buahari be after duplication of office and appointment to same / similar role of more than one individual like in the previous administration?

What has CHANGE ?

I implore Nigerians to be on the watch.
Hmmmmm, na wa oooo, una go talk tire...
Re: Buhari Appoints Adesina, Shehu As Spokesmen by tonte(m): 11:57pm On May 31, 2015
hahahaha GEJ was clueless, too many special advisers bla bla...we must cut cost of governance and other related bullshit....
now, I'm not one to tell the govt how to act, or to tell grown men how to behave, but after demonizing GEJ for these same habits of having too many aides you no go on to appoint a special and a senior special adviser on the same thing....oh well, as everyone says the govt is only 1 weekend old nobodu should say anything

Re: Buhari Appoints Adesina, Shehu As Spokesmen by zanga420: 12:00am On Jun 01, 2015
Beremx:
it should be like this, garba=okupe, adesina=abati. Garba excercise more power(so to speak) than adesina. Hope u understand what I mean. I'm not privy to their job descriptions

Re: Buhari Appoints Adesina, Shehu As Spokesmen by Nobody: 12:02am On Jun 01, 2015
tonte:
hahahaha GEJ was clueless, too many special advisers bla bla...we must cut cost of governance and other related bullshit....
now, I'm not one to tell the govt how to act, or to tell grown men how to behave, but after demonizing GEJ for these same habits of having too many aides you no go on to appoint a special and a senior special adviser on the same thing....oh well, as everyone says the govt is only 1 weekend old nobodu should say anything
guy how far? grin

Re: Buhari Appoints Adesina, Shehu As Spokesmen by john4affiliate: 12:07am On Jun 01, 2015
Many imbeciles trolls on this thread!
I can't believe many of you don't know the meaning of special adviser and senior assistant on media... Chai!

Ok, let's go...
Special adviser consult the principal, heard him/her out and give and advises on how to channel an information to the populace, be ye confidential or not while he also consult with a senior assistant on media for a proper deliberation on such information before being made public. Inshort special adviser is a middle man.

Now that I've educate you, please educate other mumu like you.

Remember that information is an important agent in any administration so having two persons managing that role is never too much.
Re: Buhari Appoints Adesina, Shehu As Spokesmen by Nobody: 12:10am On Jun 01, 2015
i fear,i think say na Mr Adesina of Agric
Re: Buhari Appoints Adesina, Shehu As Spokesmen by Briareos(m): 12:18am On Jun 01, 2015
davodyguy:
Your explanation even made a case for friction. Its still the same thing. An adviser is also an assistant, same way an assistant also advises. Femi Adesina can advise buhari on how to put his thoughts to the public and after the refining, he can relay to the public, not so?

Still no case for two advisers and assistants. Waste just like Jonathan did.

Buhari just fell my hand

I felt disappointed at first until I gave it further thoughts.

The role of special adviser (Femi Adesina) is more tactical. He advises the President on what to do, what to say and how to tackle issues relating to the public. Say for example, Some Alien from Krypton invade Nigeria... Special Adviser will discuss with the President on how to relay the event to the public. Should they keep mute about it? Should they release a press statement? Should they blame the invasion on PDP or America or Ghana? Should they claim that the invasion is a test of some military hardware the government just acquired. How will they come to the conclusion of what to say or do? The special adviser will put the mood of the country, the tolerance level at that time and the public's dispensation of the administration into perspective and advises the president as appropriate.

Senior Special Assistant will act as any assistant. You know what assistants do na? They take note, prepare speeches, throw press conference, release press statements etc. It's more like an advanced secretary job.

Lemme use the Krytonite Invasion as scenario. So the Alien looking thing landed in Asokoro, Abuja. The social media is set on fire. Rumours are spreading like fire. Some are panicky. Some pastors are saying it is the end of the world. PDP are throwing tantrums that Buhari is unconcerned. The special adviser might tell Buhari to keep mute and let people talk some more? But why? Buhari screamed? Remember the missing 20 billion naira people are accusing you of stealing yesterday? See, no one is talking about it again. Everyone is now focused on this Alien Invasion. Also, remember that tax hike you want to pass? This might be the best time. The attention is now on this Alien thingy. After three days or so of that Alien invasion, the Special Adviser will tell Buhari to leak to the press that the Alien Invasion is actually testing new equipment. But that can't come from Aso rock officially. So, the Senior Special Assistant will leak the story to Punch claiming anonymous source.

After a week, the senior special assistant will call a press conference where Buhari, from advise from the Special adviser, will deny any military involvement and claimed the Alien Invasion is actually Ghana's fault and investigations are underway.

You see the difference now?

Re: Buhari Appoints Adesina, Shehu As Spokesmen by Decryptor(m): 12:35am On Jun 01, 2015
Beremx:

oh! The roles are already confusing you? Ask your father Rochas to give a better explanation to you about this move your grandfather buhari has made.

Re: Buhari Appoints Adesina, Shehu As Spokesmen by OAM4J: 12:40am On Jun 01, 2015
I just hope he is still mindful of cutting waste. We need to do away with duplications and work with a leaned government.

Enough of multiple and multilevel advisers considering the fact that we are still going to have a minister of communication who will also want to appoint his advisers, all at the expense of the government.

The president must set a good example in this direction.

Re: Buhari Appoints Adesina, Shehu As Spokesmen by knostbrown01(m): 1:57am On Jun 01, 2015
KHAYGOLD:
A yoruba and hausa. What of igbo? cross legs
Are you not SGF!!!!

Re: Buhari Appoints Adesina, Shehu As Spokesmen by anwo247: 2:06am On Jun 01, 2015
SHARIAREPORTERS:
No wan rush talk
Before dem release statement say Buhari was hacked

Na APC dey hack APC by APC for APC.

Re: Buhari Appoints Adesina, Shehu As Spokesmen by kasay: 3:23am On Jun 01, 2015
Firefire:
Interesting episode...

How prudent will the administration of Buahari be after duplication of office and appointment to same / similar role of more than one individual like in the previous administration?

What has CHANGE ?

I implore Nigerians to be on the watch.

I have had the privilege of working with a media team of a particular state governor. The role of media and publicity of a governor /president is vast and complex, and encompasses media relations, strategic PR, online reputation mgt, image mgt, speech writing etc. It requires several professionals with varied skill set. Femi is simply the head while Garba will deputise for him. PMB needs this type of team to continually neutralise destructive critics like you and several other saTANoids (online and offline), suffering from election defeat syndrome

Re: Buhari Appoints Adesina, Shehu As Spokesmen by PassingShot(m): 4:31am On Jun 01, 2015
Firefire:

and this require duplication of effort and office like it has been done in Nigeria since 1960 ?
During GEJ's time we had Okupe, Abati and Omokri. Now we have two doing what those three were doing.

If this is not sign of a leaner government, what is it?
Re: Buhari Appoints Adesina, Shehu As Spokesmen by anonimi: 4:34am On Jun 01, 2015
doctokwus:
Good appointments.Particularly excited with that of Adeshina. Believe d duo would be a marked departure from d 2 clowns that hitherto held d post.
I know this officially heralds d appointments that would come in torrents this week because this would b d men that would be making the announcements.
Excitement is back in the air!

Do you know if these appointees already declared their assets publicly as Brainless Buhari freely promised during the campaign that this will be a pre-condition for all his appointees. Surely a man of 'integrity' will have no qualms fulfilling such an easy promise, not so

But Buhari, in the document titled, ‘I pledge to Nigeria’ had also said that all his political appointees would only earn salaries and allowances as prescribed by the Revenue and Mobilisation and Fiscal Allocation Commission.

He said, “I pledge to publicly declare my assets and liabilities, encourage all my appointees publicly declare their assets and liabilities as a pre-condition for appointment. All political appointees will only earn the salaries and allowances determined by the RMFAC.

More from: http://www.punchng.com/news/buhari-vp-fail-to-declare-assets-publicly/
Re: Buhari Appoints Adesina, Shehu As Spokesmen by BuddhaPalm(m): 5:15am On Jun 01, 2015
ikaboy:

One is an attack attach dog, the other an attack lion grin.
Re: Buhari Appoints Adesina, Shehu As Spokesmen by tonte(m): 6:09am On Jun 01, 2015
brotherly, I'm watching o, I'mcsworn not to be a critic of this govt, for anything they do correctly I will be glad, for anything they do wrongly or not differently from GEJ I will just laugh, life is too short abeg

barcanista:
guy how far? grin
Re: Buhari Appoints Adesina, Shehu As Spokesmen by PenSniper: 6:23am On Jun 01, 2015
KHAYGOLD:
A yoruba and hausa. What of igbo? cross legs

Waiting in the wings.
Re: Buhari Appoints Adesina, Shehu As Spokesmen by dotwyz: 6:31am On Jun 01, 2015
BABA U will surely ameliorate nigerian by God's grace.
Re: Buhari Appoints Adesina, Shehu As Spokesmen by heeds2532(m): 7:02am On Jun 01, 2015
LETTER TO MR. PRESIDENT His excellency, the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, President Muhammadu Buhari (GCON). As a matter fact, you being addressed with this noble title again is indeed a rare opportunity and is a thing that calls for a personal reflection over your past years. This should remind you of your past efforts followed by failures and in fact it is capable of making you ponder over the circumstance that led to your victory in this very general election. It bothers my mind, each time I remember that Nigerians who had earlier refused to give you their support in the previous three general elections, could turned out in such a significant numbers to vote you in as their newly elected president after twelve years of continual trial and failure. CONTINUE» http:///1Kt6ZHf

Adesina In Handshake With King Of Saudi Arabia(pic) / Osinbajo, Patience Jonathan, Tinubu, Orubebe, Ooni,sultan At Aisha's Book Launch / 15 Igbo Billionaires To Fund Bianca Ojukwu’s Election Into Senate - Ohakim

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54