Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,655 members, 7,889,134 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 12:05 AM

234select's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 234select's Profile / 234select's Posts

(1) (of 1 pages)

Jobs/Vacancies / Looking For Content Writer For A Lifestyle And Wellness Brand by 234select: 1:45am On Nov 23, 2018
Hi All,

Working on a high brow lifestyle brand. Focused on Nigerian living and wellness that caters to diaspora but is homebred. Topics will cover food, music and how to maintain a better lifestyle. This will consist of approx 10 post per week.
* Must have a keen eye for good lead photography.
* Must be able to write short copy for social on the article that was created
* No copy+paste
* Good eye for images and use of photoshop or other photo editing software

Will pay 3,600N per article with a max of 10 articles per week. To be considered please send three creative pitches along with the titles of the posts and writing samples/portfolios to 234select@gmail.com

Regards
Webmasters / Re: Recently Launched Site, Sign Up, Help Me Review And Let Me Know Your Thoughts! by 234select: 4:44pm On May 24, 2015
webzyweb:
good use of bootstrap for the layout,
for the "load more" text that links to the best 20 , employ query of the database to load them and while loading, employ a loader.gif incase of people accessing with slow network.
Also make the container class have a class of container-fluid.

Thank you! There actually should be a loader gif, but will investigate why it is not showing up. Adding the .container-fluid class now.
Webmasters / Re: Recently Launched Site, Sign Up, Help Me Review And Let Me Know Your Thoughts! by 234select: 10:14am On May 24, 2015
please. good bad anything
Webmasters / Recently Launched Site, Sign Up, Help Me Review And Let Me Know Your Thoughts! by 234select: 7:56pm On May 22, 2015
Hello All,

I recently deployed my site, http://www.234select.com. The idea behind the site is to create a community or forum where users can post links, vote to rank them, and discuss the important news of the day...or just post anything that interests you.

Would get much like it if you guys could take a look at the site and let me know what you think. Please be honest and nit pick but be constructive. Would like to flesh it out as much as possible.

Few known issues to note:

- Mobile view still needs styling adjustmentsIf you create a post your avatar may not show up for other users.A default image is set if you are posting without linking to an actual URL. Can't upload your thumbnail image.
- Some touch events on mobile do not respond well on all devices.

I am also looking for people interested in partnering up together to work on this project, so if interested or have some experience growing a community send me an email at info@234select.com

Thanks for your help. Feel free to follow me on social as well (twitter, instagram and Facebook). Handle is 234select.
Webmasters / Re: I Launched A New Blog- Please Take A Look And Tell Me What You Think by 234select: 7:50pm On May 22, 2015
Great looking site! The content layout and images are really well done.

Not really a complaint, but the only thing I noticed was the logo is a .jpg so it has a solid background, while your top navigation has some opacity applied to it. I would make the logo a .PNG file so it has a transparent background instead.

Otherwise, well done!

1 Like

Webmasters / Re: POST -your- Website/blog- For- REVIEW by 234select: 11:19pm On May 18, 2015
Please review my site at your earliest convenience.

www.234select.com
Webmasters / Re: Webmasters Should Pls Review This Site by 234select: 11:13pm On May 18, 2015
I think its solid. I'm not a fan of the extended drop shadow on the logo or the blurry play button, but thats it.

Everything else below is really just nitpicking smiley

- Background image adds more weight to your pages on mobile (site flies though, so it may not be an issue).
- Headlines are a little flush against the containers, maybe add padding? https://www.dropbox.com/s/nmw9acok1wt9v6x/Screenshot%202015-05-18%2018.04.24.png?dl=0
- Links in the footer all point to the 'review' category of the site.
- Google Tag Manager is linking to 404, the script snippet may be outdated or entered incorrectly. Screenshot of the error below: https://www.dropbox.com/s/gn20es441yj1vb1/Screenshot%202015-05-18%2018.11.00.png?dl=0

All in all, its a good site.
Webmasters / Re: Submit Sites To Be Posted On News Source by 234select: 10:57pm On May 18, 2015
Site Name: 234select
Site URL: http://www.234select.com
Category: News (Aggregator)
Webmasters / Re: Drop Your Facebook Fan Page And Get More Likes by 234select: 7:36pm On May 18, 2015
Webmasters / Re: Drop Your Twitter Handles Here. by 234select: 7:34pm On May 18, 2015
234select

Thanks for the follow, will follow back smiley
Webmasters / Re: Everybody Please Submit Your Website Url For Indexing In A New Search Engine!! by 234select: 6:19pm On May 18, 2015
Webmasters / Re: I'm so PROUD Of Nigeria by 234select: 8:27pm On Apr 17, 2015
Doesn't load for me sad
Webmasters / Re: Buy This Blog At A Cheapest Price by 234select: 6:47pm On Apr 17, 2015
Why are you selling? Who generated the content for the site?
Celebrities / Re: This Will Shock You: Nigerian Celebrities Who Got Married Three Times Or More by 234select: 8:49pm On Apr 14, 2015
CashdownNG:
nairaland should really start banning all these wannabes..

listen... you no go blow!! blogging is a late party for those who are about gossip. get a niche and a life also.. pendeho!

#Coldblooded lol...there is enough for everyone to eat.
Webmasters / Re: Blogger Wanted! by 234select: 6:08pm On Apr 14, 2015
Apologies for hijacking your thread, i'm currently in a similar situation and was curious if you got a good response here.
Art, Graphics & Video / Re: Graphic Design Service(4 Free Offer) by 234select: 8:18pm On Apr 08, 2015
living2013:
Our website is on designing process, it will be available soon. U don't need to bother about the online portfolio, that is why am offering the free offer.

Apologies, didn't notice the 'free' part. Fantastic way to get your brand out.
Art, Graphics & Video / Re: Graphic Design Service(4 Free Offer) by 234select: 6:46pm On Apr 08, 2015
Do you have an online portfolio or website?
Business / Re: Many Entrepreneurs Suffer Because They Are Unaware Of The Importance Of PR by 234select: 3:17pm On Apr 07, 2015
Very helpful writeup. In the process of figuring out how to get my site out, that is neither a service or utility and its alot more complicated that I thought.
Business / Re: What Many Business Website Lacks? by 234select: 3:04pm On Apr 07, 2015
Maybe so, but in terms of development costs, maintenance, and brand cohesiveness responsive is the way to go. IMO.
Romance / Re: Lets Toast In Our Native Language.....#just For Fun# by 234select: 7:00pm On Mar 15, 2015
Please someone, What is the translation for n'odinihu?

(1) (of 1 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.