Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,698 members, 7,889,223 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 05:56 AM

Your Favorite Nigerian Movies? - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Your Favorite Nigerian Movies? (18279 Views)

Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? / To Watch Nigerian Movies Online / Who is your Favorite Nigerian Movie Star? (actor or actress) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Favorite Nigerian Movies? by anyi385(m): 12:48pm On Jul 15, 2005
i love watching Nigerian movies especially when Ramsey Noah is there but now that they've bound him to hell with Nigerian movies.my best is dangerous twins
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian Movies? by IAH(f): 7:37pm On Aug 20, 2005
I just watched Games Women play now because a lot of people were talking about it. Please what's interesting about the film? 
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian Movies? by hotangel2(f): 7:47pm On Aug 20, 2005
IAH!!! Watch it twice please. That movie is good.
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian Movies? by IAH(f): 10:24pm On Aug 20, 2005
Yeah, I think I jumped to conclusion after watching only Part 1. I just finished Part 2. It's not bad after all. cool
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian Movies? by nike4luv(f): 10:32pm On Aug 20, 2005
i like Real love and More than sisters
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian Movies? by queen2(f): 11:28pm On Aug 20, 2005
Go look for ROMANTIC ATTRACTION, INTRUDER 1 n 2, KEEPING FAITH, and manymore will add more, some nigerian movies are cool, go n watch those ones n gimme reply
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian Movies? by queen2(f): 11:29pm On Aug 20, 2005
yeah nike is right gASH TRUE LOVE REAL LOVE they are fantabulous smiley
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian Movies? by nike4luv(f): 11:30pm On Aug 20, 2005
ha..i'm always rite cheesy
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian Movies? by hotangel2(f): 6:39am On Aug 21, 2005
queen2:

Go look for ROMANTIC ATTRACTION, INTRUDER 1 n 2, KEEPING FAITH, and manymore will add more, some nigerian movies are cool, go n watch those ones n gimme reply

Seen them all. LOVE THEM! cheesy

welcome to nairaland Queen. i am sure u'll enjoy this place. It rocks my panties.
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian Movies? by Latoya(f): 9:53am On Aug 21, 2005
Nigerian Movies aint that good,i watch them when i come across them.i dont go all out for them.But they r alright.
I like keeping faith
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian Movies? by layi(m): 4:43pm On Aug 21, 2005
Nigerian movies.. aarrrrgggghhh. I cant spend ma money on any. I watched critical assignment and was shocked whe i sw scenes shot in Nigeria. Just like it was hollywood.
Our filmakers are just doin rubbish. They gat to step up their game.
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian Movies? by queen2(f): 4:40pm On Aug 22, 2005
Thanx hotangel sure,
lol @ nike4luv
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian Movies? by nike4luv(f): 4:40pm On Aug 22, 2005
go me!
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian Movies? by queen2(f): 4:45pm On Aug 22, 2005
latoya n layi, go n see World Apart 1 n 2 even from the title, its a very nice film, the bridesmaid,darkest night, girls in the hood, beloved, love affair 1n 2.....
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian Movies? by hotangel2(f): 11:01pm On Aug 22, 2005
i have seen World Apart. I would love to see girls in the hood.
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian Movies? by da808cutie(f): 10:14am On Aug 23, 2005
thing with Nigerian movies is u shouldn't get too worked up when u see all the fakeness, just laugh over it. i can remember watching one movie [can't remember the title though] starring Regina Askia where she went to prison n had a weave while she was in prison, with her manicured nails n make-up as well. and when she came out years after, its was d same weave. all i had to do was laff my heart out.....anyways

y has only 1 person mentioned I BELONG haven't u guys seen it [starring Omotola] dang that movie had me in stitches, it was absolutely hilarious n im sure i watched it more than 5 times cos it was waaayyyyy funny, its definitely my fave. oh n KEEPING FAITH is 1 of my few favorites as well.
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian Movies? by vexxy(f): 1:34pm On Aug 23, 2005
Some of them are a bit hard to watch and I end up fast forwarding through half of the movie (extended party scenes, music playing too loud over a conversation, etc.) but I have enjoyed the stories of:

Games women play
Private Sins
More than Sisters
Break-Up
. . . . There are more but I don't remember the names. I've seen so many of them.

There's one where Emeka Ike pretends to be a broke cab driver to see if a girl would love him for him instead of his money. She does end up loving him and tada: He's rich.

Another one is about 3 siblings going to live in the city, one ended up going off and working hard, sending money back to his brother and sister but the brother was starting to keep the money for himself. He ends up marrying this girl who is evil, kicking his sister out of his new house (that he purchased with the other guys money) and sending the mom back to the village.

The other brother comes home and tada: Sets things straight.

And many more. It's just too much for me to type. grin
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian Movies? by kellorah: 10:08am On Aug 24, 2005
I think I still like Domitilla 1 and 2 cheesy
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian Movies? by hotangel2(f): 10:10am On Aug 24, 2005
hey kellorah, welcome to nairaland. It's great to have u in our community. Create your profile, and get you groove on. I am sure you'll enjoy this forum! cheesy cheesy

Nice dragon wink
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian Movies? by Ra(f): 11:26pm On Aug 25, 2005
Some of my faourites of all time remain:

Rattle Snake 1,2 and 3
Violated 1& 2
Oleku
T'Oluwa Ni Ile
Diamond Ring
Glamour Girls 1&2
Shaworo Ide 1&2
Ale Ariwo 1,2&3

Those are brilliant films properly so called.
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian Movies? by WesleyanA(f): 11:29pm On Aug 25, 2005
favorite nigerian movie --- Thunderbolt (magun)
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian Movies? by nike4luv(f): 11:58pm On Aug 25, 2005
u watched dat movie wesley..i like it, its like saworide
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian Movies? by WesleyanA(f): 2:14am On Aug 26, 2005
i watched saworide too but i like thunderbolt better. they're both excellent movies not like some of those crappy local home videos you see around.
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian Movies? by nike4luv(f): 10:00am On Aug 26, 2005
ya..i love the real yoruba asccent they have
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian Movies? by hotangel2(f): 10:40pm On Aug 26, 2005
I love saworoide, oleku, ale ariwo, Magun(thunderbolt), and some few other ones.

There was no english spoken in OLeku. It was all yoruba.
Saworoide is so sweet, I like the dances in it.
Ale ariwo is good because it kept me wanting to see the end.
Magun is good, because there r little men who would put their life online for a girl to be ermm free. I love it.
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian Movies? by queen2(f): 5:26pm On Aug 27, 2005
Enemy of my soul, i like the movie
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian Movies? by IAH(f): 6:30pm On Aug 27, 2005
vexxy:

Some of them are a bit hard to watch and I end up fast forwarding through half of the movie (extended party scenes, music playing too loud over a conversation, etc.) but I have enjoyed the stories of:

Games women play
Private Sins
More than Sisters
Break-Up
. . . . There are more but I don't remember the names. I've seen so many of them.

There's one where Emeka Ike pretends to be a broke cab driver to see if a girl would love him for him instead of his money. She does end up loving him and tada: He's rich.

Another one is about 3 siblings going to live in the city, one ended up going off and working hard, sending money back to his brother and sister but the brother was starting to keep the money for himself. He ends up marrying this girl who is evil, kicking his sister out of his new house (that he purchased with the other guys money) and sending the mom back to the village.

The other brother comes home and tada: Sets things straight.

And many more. It's just too much for me to type. grin

Vexxy, is it that you are a Nigerian who naturalised and became a US citizen or what?
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian Movies? by layi(m): 8:00pm On Aug 27, 2005
Vexxy is so into Nigeria. I'm pleasantly shocked. shocked
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian Movies? by vexxy(f): 8:17pm On Aug 27, 2005
L.O.L!

I'm born and raised in the US.  My parents and their parents were also born and raised in the US.  There is no Nigerian bloodline in my family that I am aware of. I can't help it, I just love Nigeria grin
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian Movies? by layi(m): 8:22pm On Aug 27, 2005
awwwwwwwwwww . Thats cute.
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian Movies? by vexxy(f): 8:25pm On Aug 27, 2005
You've got to be open to new things or you'll miss a lot! wink
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian Movies? by IAH(f): 11:47am On Aug 28, 2005
I find it hard to believe.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

LABE ORUN NEWS: Ten Months Old Baby Dies In Struggle Over Land (strange But True / Voltron Defender Of The Universe / What Are Your Favourite Nigerian Television Commercials?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.