Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,496 members, 7,885,110 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 11:23 PM

Wike Swears-in Acting Chief-judge, Daisy Okocha - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike Swears-in Acting Chief-judge, Daisy Okocha (19039 Views)

Buhari Swears In Onnoghen As Acting Chief Justice Of Nigeria / Wike Swears In 22 LGA Caretaker Chairmen In Rivers State / Olufemi A. Akingbade Appointed As NHIS Acting Chief Executive Officer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wike Swears-in Acting Chief-judge, Daisy Okocha by Sunnycliff(m): 10:18am On Jun 01, 2015
Amaechi would be having a very bitter stance at Wike

1 Like

Re: Wike Swears-in Acting Chief-judge, Daisy Okocha by Forwetinnah: 10:21am On Jun 01, 2015
buygala:
With this trend of the executive appointing Chief judicial officers, how can we honestly expect the judiciary to be independent and impartial? .....

He who pays the piper always dictates the tune...

She's entitled to the position, the ex governor should have done the the right thing but was afraid of impeachment, yet he talks about 'rule of law'...this isn't a case of who plays the piper, twas Ameachi who was trying to dictate the tune

2 Likes

Re: Wike Swears-in Acting Chief-judge, Daisy Okocha by ldpele(m): 10:21am On Jun 01, 2015
If am not mistaking, spotted her brother OCJ there, and the likes of Mary as well. A new dawn in rivers state. Singing, "rivers people do u believe ooo, echoing; I believe, I believe what my God can do, I believe what wike can do"

2 Likes

Re: Wike Swears-in Acting Chief-judge, Daisy Okocha by Forwetinnah: 10:22am On Jun 01, 2015
aguiyi:
hehehehehehehehehehehe.

hurry pls some guys need to be released from prison

I'm telling you. ...overcrowded police cells etc. People don suffer because of that joke called Rotflmao Amueshi

3 Likes

Re: Wike Swears-in Acting Chief-judge, Daisy Okocha by Nobody: 10:25am On Jun 01, 2015
PDP always hit the ground running with positive impacts, not some dullard that moved command center to war zone.

1 Like

Re: Wike Swears-in Acting Chief-judge, Daisy Okocha by Nobody: 10:26am On Jun 01, 2015
ok... we are waiting for the probe of amaechi.

1 Like

Re: Wike Swears-in Acting Chief-judge, Daisy Okocha by buygala(m): 10:26am On Jun 01, 2015
Sunnybobo3:

The governor or president appoints a chief judge on recommendation by the National Judicial Council (NJC).

That's what the NJC Guidelines say. But the chairman of the state judicial service commission has to seek the governor's consent to select candidates for the position, before even commencing the selection process.. And the governor appoints them upon NJC's recommendation

Point is... Regardless of what the law says, the governor has a very large say in which judicial officer is appointed to what position in his state.... Please show me a single chief judge in Nigeria who is at loggerheads with the governor of the State, and still remains in office.... The law on paper is quite different from law as practiced in Nigeria sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wike Swears-in Acting Chief-judge, Daisy Okocha by Tecnonews24: 10:28am On Jun 01, 2015
handsomeclouds:
Mtcheww. One surest thing to the high heavens is that wike is going. The tribunal will definitely flush him out. And has he's busy firing and hiring new officials, those officials should have it at the back of their minds that dakuku Peterside is coming to flush them out in less than three month. Wike enjoy the moment while it last... Your days are numbered!

keep hoping and believing that you people can give rivers state a governor through the window or back door. when will you people understand that wike is our choice? u should know that we won't fold our arms and watch u people force an unpopular man on us. anything that associates with the formal governor is a course.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Swears-in Acting Chief-judge, Daisy Okocha by condralbede(m): 10:29am On Jun 01, 2015
Let's go there....Wldone wike

2 Likes

Re: Wike Swears-in Acting Chief-judge, Daisy Okocha by Nobody: 10:30am On Jun 01, 2015
Kudos to Nyesom Wike...Congrat to Justice Daisy and the entire Rivers people. This is indeed a New Era led by a true Son of the soil Nyesome Wike.

God Bless our state

3 Likes

Re: Wike Swears-in Acting Chief-judge, Daisy Okocha by Bigdreams(m): 10:32am On Jun 01, 2015
Ok.

Re: Wike Swears-in Acting Chief-judge, Daisy Okocha by Nobody: 10:34am On Jun 01, 2015
Forwetinnah:

She's entitled to the position, the ex governor should have done the the right thing but was afraid of impeachment, yet he talks about 'rule of law'...this isn't a case of who plays the piper, twas Ameachi who was trying to dictate the tune
Amaechi had assume that he will be life Governor. He learnt the hard way that power is transient and it belongs to the people. Instead of appoint Daisy as agCJ and confirm her based on NJC's recommendation, he chose the wrong path of treachery and in the process tarnished the image and career of Justice Peter Agumagu.

4 Likes

Re: Wike Swears-in Acting Chief-judge, Daisy Okocha by Nobody: 10:35am On Jun 01, 2015
Tecnonews24:

keep hoping and believing that you people can give rivers state a governor through the window or back door. when will you people understand that wike is our choice? u should know that we won't fold our arms and watch u people force an unpopular man on us. anything that associates with the formal governor is a course
whether Governor through the roof or basement.. Dakuku Peterside will win the tribunal and re-run. Its only on nairaland that you guys want Wike. Here in PH we all want Dakuku.. U mean the former Governor is a course- a right one. While anything associated with you know who is a curse

1 Like

Re: Wike Swears-in Acting Chief-judge, Daisy Okocha by ajealadick(m): 10:41am On Jun 01, 2015
I thought Wike said all the government house was vandalized and taken away by Amaechi, how come am not seeing any broken door or seats?
Re: Wike Swears-in Acting Chief-judge, Daisy Okocha by Nobody: 10:42am On Jun 01, 2015
handsomeclouds:
Mtcheww. One surest thing to the high heavens is that wike is going. The tribunal will definitely flush him out. And has he's busy firing and hiring new officials, those officials should have it at the back of their minds that dakuku Peterside is coming to flush them out in less than three month. Wike enjoy the moment while it last... Your days are numbered!

Yea yea pls when will tribunal flush out Fayose grin

1 Like

Re: Wike Swears-in Acting Chief-judge, Daisy Okocha by Forwetinnah: 10:43am On Jun 01, 2015
barcanista:
Amaechi had assume that he will be life Governor. He learnt the hard way that power is transient and it belongs to the people. Instead of appoint Daisy as agCJ and confirm her based on NJC's recommendation, he chose the wrong path of treachery and in the process tarnished the image and career of Justice Peter Agumagu.

Agumagu was over zealous to even accept Ameachi's appointment...very upright man but was carried away. Was my neighbour at old GRA

1 Like

Re: Wike Swears-in Acting Chief-judge, Daisy Okocha by Nobody: 10:47am On Jun 01, 2015
Forwetinnah:

Agumagu was over zealous to even accept Ameachi's appointment...very upright man but was carried away. Was my neighbour at old GRA

Now he is gone an early retirement SMH

1 Like

Re: Wike Swears-in Acting Chief-judge, Daisy Okocha by signz: 10:47am On Jun 01, 2015
handsomeclouds:

Wike cannot be flushed out by Tribunal or Supreme court. They may order for a rerun and even at that, Wike will still win even if Jega and Buhari relocates to PH.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Swears-in Acting Chief-judge, Daisy Okocha by ralph28(m): 10:50am On Jun 01, 2015
No right way of doing a wrong thing.

Can we face some fact?

It is the duty of the Nigeria Judicial council (NJC) to recommend judges while the house ratify.

It was on the day of his inauguration he appointed the C.J,when did the NJC recommend him?

Amaechi was the worst governor. Wike should follow due process to right the wrong done by Amaechi.

Wike is a brave man,I love him.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Wike Swears-in Acting Chief-judge, Daisy Okocha by Nobody: 10:50am On Jun 01, 2015
Forwetinnah:

It is just a shame. I don't pity him my dear.

2 Likes

Re: Wike Swears-in Acting Chief-judge, Daisy Okocha by sss2015: 10:59am On Jun 01, 2015
Re: Wike Swears-in Acting Chief-judge, Daisy Okocha by chidi4eze(m): 11:00am On Jun 01, 2015
From the picture dat is government house!! I tot governor wike said Amaechi destroyed everything in government house and that he will not enter there till September... I don't think I can like dis man.. Am from rivers state
Re: Wike Swears-in Acting Chief-judge, Daisy Okocha by OwerriChairman(f): 11:29am On Jun 01, 2015
handsomeclouds:
. Put this into your head; the best APC can get in Rivers state in polls nullification. That's all. If election is re-conducted 99 times, Wike would still win. Who is NECO in the face of WAEC? Wicked Wike,,, Hahahahaha

1 Like

Re: Wike Swears-in Acting Chief-judge, Daisy Okocha by zik4ever: 11:31am On Jun 01, 2015
ralph28:
No right way of doing a wrong thing.

Can we face some fact?

It is the duty of the Nigeria Judicial council (NJC) to recommend judges while the house ratify.

It was on the day of his inauguration he appointed the C.J,when did the NJC recommend him?

Amaechi was the worst governor. Wike should follow due process to right the wrong done by Amaechi.

Wike is a brave man,I love him.
The NJC recommended Daisy Okocha long ago when Amaechi was Governor. Amaechi rejected her and preferred Agumagu. Wike has implemented the NJC recommendation as it is and she will be the substantive Chief Judge if the House of Assembly ratifies.

3 Likes

Re: Wike Swears-in Acting Chief-judge, Daisy Okocha by AKPARAJA: 11:34am On Jun 01, 2015
[quote author=buygala post=34306256]With this trend of the executive appointing Chief judicial officers, how can we honestly expect the judiciary to be independent and impartial? ..... He who pays the piper will always dictate the tune...

Nigeria is now so messed up that the judiciary has become so Partisan that any new government has to take definite steps to weed out the loyalists of the previous government in the judiciary, and install its own 'loyalists', in order to forestall a 'renegade' judiciary truncating the new government's parols....

Wike did well sha.... Sadly, This is one of the steps he has to take in order to give his administration a firm footing smiley.. The current Nigerian situation really calls for desperate measures sad

I don't think you know the situation that brought this woman on board.This appointment is long overdue

1 Like

Re: Wike Swears-in Acting Chief-judge, Daisy Okocha by bisten14: 11:37am On Jun 01, 2015
Is she d mother of Austine JJ Okocha?
Re: Wike Swears-in Acting Chief-judge, Daisy Okocha by Nobody: 11:38am On Jun 01, 2015
OwerriChairman:
. Put this into your head; the best APC can get in Rivers state in polls nullification. That's all. If election is re-conducted 99 times, Wike would still win. Who is NECO in the face of WAEC? Wicked Wike,,, Hahahahaha
I can see you have run madt finally. You and your 'wicked' go soon land for psychiatry
Re: Wike Swears-in Acting Chief-judge, Daisy Okocha by billgatexp(m): 11:43am On Jun 01, 2015
the njc recommended daisy okocha and judas of ubima refused because he knew he wouldnt be able to manipulate her. also remember that wike is a barrister so he should know the constitution and when to act and not to. did u not see ocj okocha and justce mary odili there? thats the sign that it is constitutional...\

i rest my case

1 Like

Re: Wike Swears-in Acting Chief-judge, Daisy Okocha by robosky02(m): 11:49am On Jun 01, 2015
good things are here

1 Like

Re: Wike Swears-in Acting Chief-judge, Daisy Okocha by sddrhdfh: 12:01pm On Jun 01, 2015
hdf

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bako Distances Self From LP’s Campaign Council, Says He Remains In APC / Bola Tinubu Sends Congratulatory Message To Israel Adesanya / Looting Nigeria's Money Is Very Easy - Kemi Adeosun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.