Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,709 members, 7,882,421 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 03:23 AM

5 Grammy Awards?! I'm Sorry but Lil Wayne Irritates Me. - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / 5 Grammy Awards?! I'm Sorry but Lil Wayne Irritates Me. (4201 Views)

Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive / CBS Warns Grammy Attendees To Cover Up Private Parts / American Rap Artiste, Lil Wayne Is Dead? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Grammy Awards?! I'm Sorry but Lil Wayne Irritates Me. by funkybaby(f): 4:38pm On Feb 17, 2009
~Sauron~:

Don't get it twisted. . . . . He changes those timbs but he is stuck on his favourite colour.
How can a multi-platinum rapper wear the same timbs everyday??
Funkybaby. . . . .You are harsh o!!!

He is o. . . . . .He has over 40 threads on this Music section too.
Blimey. . . . .99% of Nairaland hip hop listeners idolise him.
A member of this forum had his name tattooed on his forehead(top class followership at it's best).

Just let Modenine fans catch you on this thread.

grin grin grin
Kai,

I no send him and his fans

Have you listened to mode 9's 'Nigerian girls' song
Do you know he disrespected girls from different tribes with that song?
Listen to what he said about ijebu girls, kogi girls and girls from the east

My female friends and I are waiting eagerly for the perfect opportunity to lynch him
We thought he was going to perform at the last thisday's music concert
Too bad, the only shows he gets are glo's 'rock and rule' concerts held in naija unis grin
Abajo, the same tims and baseball cap all the time
He should go take lessons from saucekid and ruggedman
Re: 5 Grammy Awards?! I'm Sorry but Lil Wayne Irritates Me. by tosinaded(m): 4:47pm On Feb 17, 2009
funkybaby:

grin grin grin
Kai,

My female friends and I are waiting eagerly for the perfect opportunity to lynch him
Too bad, the only shows he gets are glo's 'rock and rule' concerts held in naija unis grin

yeah the song is an insult on nigerian women!!!!
besides i was opportuned to watch one of his shows at the glo rock and rule!!!
i was ashamed of him mehn!!!!! imagine with all the albums and mixtape he has, the only song he cld perform was stylee shocked, djimee jatt had to get a mic and was singing from his turn table!!!!!

the students were just looking like mungo parks grin he cldnt even move the crowd!!!!
was just shouting stylee stylee and adjusting his face cap grin

i was really ashamed of the dude
Re: 5 Grammy Awards?! I'm Sorry but Lil Wayne Irritates Me. by funkybaby(f): 4:54pm On Feb 17, 2009
tosinaded@:

guy quit all this thing jare!!!!
the guy is aving fun with funky!!!!
y take it personal?

Tosin,U dey mind him
If he is bothered, he can go ahead and bang his head on the wall
Re: 5 Grammy Awards?! I'm Sorry but Lil Wayne Irritates Me. by Sauron1: 5:02pm On Feb 17, 2009
khanye:

@ slowpoke
I wonder how u became an MOD with insults on every thread
You and your punkingmama was posting offtopic things.
I pray to God to change your life for good.
Cos i think u really need a deliverance from God.

U need to take a hard look at yourself in the mirror.
Khanye, you disgust me!!!!

funkybaby:

grin grin grin
Kai,

Wicked!!!

That was his first song i listened to and i was disappointed.

May God Bless You!!!!
Re: 5 Grammy Awards?! I'm Sorry but Lil Wayne Irritates Me. by tosinaded(m): 5:05pm On Feb 17, 2009
sauron i go fight u o!!! why u go bolden only ruggedman grin
Re: 5 Grammy Awards?! I'm Sorry but Lil Wayne Irritates Me. by funkybaby(f): 5:09pm On Feb 17, 2009
tosinaded@:

yeah the song is an insult on nigerian women!!!!
besides i was opportuned to watch one of his shows at the glo rock and rule!!!
i was ashamed of him mehn!!!!! imagine with all the albums and mixtape he has, the only song he cld perform was stylee shocked, djimee jatt had to get a mic and was singing from his turn table!!!!!

the students were just looking like mungo parks grin he cldnt even move the crowd!!!!
was just shouting stylee stylee and adjusting his face cap grin

i was really ashamed of the dude

No mind him
O ma run down last ni !!!

His mates are tattooing(permanent tatoos) their babymama's face on their arms .eg. Saucekid  kiss kiss
And he is busy dissing women
Am sure if I scrutinize Weezy's tattoo infested body, I will see sonething that symbolizes respect/love to women
Someone needs to 'rebrand' mode 9. Walahi  .
Re: 5 Grammy Awards?! I'm Sorry but Lil Wayne Irritates Me. by Sauron1: 5:12pm On Feb 17, 2009
tosinaded@:

sauron i go fight u o!!! why u go bolden only ruggedman grin

Funkybaby is patching on ma frequency. She's speaking the TRUTH!!!!
Re: 5 Grammy Awards?! I'm Sorry but Lil Wayne Irritates Me. by Nobody: 5:26pm On Feb 17, 2009
debosky:

multi-platinum ko, multi-pangolo ni.  tongue grin grin

What is Rap? Is it being 'hardcore' or doing something 'your people can feel' like Ruggedman said?

Lil Wayne is doing things differently - this isn't 1996, it isn't 98 either. If that is what is popular/liked today, then so be it.

After all, some people listen only to 70's music, thinking everything else is garbage. Y'all are stuck in the past.

I personally don't like the dude, but he must be doing something right!

i dey wonder ooo for naija - how dem take calculate am?

back to topic

its his time

the big question is how long will his shelf life be?

tho to be honest with three albums, he seems to have longevity
Re: 5 Grammy Awards?! I'm Sorry but Lil Wayne Irritates Me. by KarmaMod(f): 5:36pm On Feb 17, 2009
That crackhead didnt deserve any of them, then again the Grammys have decreased in standards over the years.

It was a Kanye year, not Lil Wayne or any of those retards
Re: 5 Grammy Awards?! I'm Sorry but Lil Wayne Irritates Me. by KarmaMod(f): 5:38pm On Feb 17, 2009
So the Grammy awarding body must have crappy standards too?

Of course.
Re: 5 Grammy Awards?! I'm Sorry but Lil Wayne Irritates Me. by Nobody: 5:47pm On Feb 17, 2009
KarmaMod:

That crackhead didnt deserve any of them, then again the Grammys have decreased in standards over the years.

It was a Kanye year, not Lil Wayne or any of those retards

my kind of chick grin. . .I've loved kanye since i saw thru the wire - still luuv that song - a rapper who us regular middle class guys can identify with - and gives us great songs like champion and homecoming and the source of my first NL byline from 'bring me down'

It's funny how these wack niggas need my help
Wasn't around when I couldn't feed myself
Dog, If I was you, I wouldn't feel myself
Dog, If I was you, I'd kill myself
Made a mill myself, and I'm still myself
And I'ma look in the mirror if I need some help!
Re: 5 Grammy Awards?! I'm Sorry but Lil Wayne Irritates Me. by KarmaMod(f): 6:24pm On Feb 17, 2009
He's sincerely fresh air to hip/hop. He's fine with not being "overly hard" with his music and I love that. Other than him and some Jay Z tracks, when it comes to hiphop I rather just listen to the older stuff from the 90s like Tribe Called Quest, etc

All the new crap is well, Crap.
Re: 5 Grammy Awards?! I'm Sorry but Lil Wayne Irritates Me. by worldbest(m): 7:22pm On Feb 17, 2009
@Wizzy Haters

Y'all should just shut the Bleep up! Lil wayne is the in thing now.Stop hating.On radio you hear him,on tv his in ya tube and your favorite artist(s) are featuring him.
Now y'all think Grammy lost thier senses? Please close this thread and go buy his cds period.
Re: 5 Grammy Awards?! I'm Sorry but Lil Wayne Irritates Me. by ofokasibe: 9:08pm On Feb 17, 2009
lil wayne belongs to souljahg boys class , he is part of the killers of hiphop but i think his metaphors and beats made him get away wit it, mi and lil wayne are on the same level .nothing special bout wayne, na just packaging.,
Re: 5 Grammy Awards?! I'm Sorry but Lil Wayne Irritates Me. by eldee(m): 10:39pm On Feb 17, 2009
~Sauron~:

He is. . . . .Weezy is lyrically inept to be winning the grammy awards.
Where would you put this guy in 1996?? He won't even get radio airplays.

Rap needed something new?? I give up!!!
How can u say rap needed Lil Wayne?? Twats needed him not RAP.

Platinum means shyte. . . . .Speakerboxxx(Outkast's album) was certified diamond recently.
Can u work that out in your head??

First class garbage.
2Pac/Biggie will be weeping in their graves. The knowledge they left for upcoming rappers have been thrown into the abyss.
Jackal, I beg of you, please don't get lost in transition!!!
You say Kanye's weak and now Weezy' crap, c'mon!!!

How can you say hiphop didn't need Lil Wayne??
When last did a hiphop album hit plat?? When last was a hiphop song a real contender for a Grammy??
This dude and Kanye West are thefore-runners of the future of hihop, not Nas, or Fiddy

The hiphop listeners are bored with grumpy ol' Nas and Fiddy's nineteen bullets
The way you say you'll never listen to this, there's a set of people that'll only listen to the 'Golden Age'(Late 80s and Early 90s)
Smart dudes like Jay-Z keep blending with the trend, that's why he 'stays forever like culture' grin

For goodness' sake, all rappers can't have the same mode of delivery, Weezy's different, and you should be okay with that
I'm okay with anyone that gives hiphop five Grammys.
If everyone's a Talib Kweli, who'll sell?? Erm do you think Pac woulda been selling plats in this era?? I cannot fit to laugh grin grin

And technically, Speakerboxx/Love Down Below only sold 5.5million.
It only made diamond because each sale was counted as two.
Re: 5 Grammy Awards?! I'm Sorry but Lil Wayne Irritates Me. by Sauron1: 10:54pm On Feb 17, 2009
eldee:

Jackal, I beg of you, please don't get lost in transition!!!
You say Kanye's weak and now Weezy' crap, c'mon!!!

That shows the state of the industry. . . . .
Things have gone tits up for the only genre of music i love.
I am considering metal Rock now ori could just stick strictly to 1993-2003 era of hip-hop.

How can you say hiphop didn't need Lil Wayne??
When last did a hiphop album hit plat?? When last was a hiphop song a real contender for a Grammy??
This dude and Kanye West are thefore-runners of the future of hihop, not Nas, or Fiddy

Lil Wayne ma ass. . . . . .He is so crappy i would rather let a tabbycat mew in ma ears.
Hip-hop albums don't hit platz again because of the internet. . . . .People get songs from every MP3 sites you can think of these days.
Only die hard fans put their money into the coffers of their favourite rappers. . . .Nothing else.

The hiphop listeners are bored with grumpy ol' Nas and Fiddy's nineteen bullets
The way you say you'll never listen to this, there's a set of people that'll only listen to the 'Golden Age'(Late 80s and Early 90s)
Smart dudes like Jay-Z keep blending with the trend, that's why he 'stays forever like culture' grin

No wonder Kingdom Come failed commercially. . . . .Jay-Z should retire.
He doesn't addd any value to the industry apart from featuring on Beyonce's videos and wowing R-n-B fans.
Nas and Fiddy still make sense with their music, Lil Wayne is a sorry excuse of a rapper(IMO).

For goodness' sake, all rappers can't have the same mode of delivery, Weezy's different, and you should be okay with that
I'm okay with anyone that gives hiphop five Grammys.
If everyone's a Talib Kweli, who'll sell?? Erm do you think Pac woulda been selling plats in this era?? I cannot fit to laugh grin grin

So it's all about grammy awards to you(not the message that comes with the album)??. . . .Kudos to you and the demise of good piece.
When Lauryn Hill won 5 grammys in 1998, the whole world applauded her cos her album was laced with brilliance and hues of shine.
If Lil Wayne wins 40 grammys, he wouldn't get ma respect and i am not the only one who feels this way.

And technically, Speakerboxx/Love Down Below only sold 5.5million.
It only made diamond because each sale was counted as two.

People paid double to get the double album so it still sold 11 million.
One CD=£9.99, Double CD=£19.99, seen??
It still amounted to what 11 million woulda sold in gross sales, Eldee.
Re: 5 Grammy Awards?! I'm Sorry but Lil Wayne Irritates Me. by ofokasibe: 9:43am On Feb 18, 2009
a helluva opinion on lil wayne
to me weezy is sometimes exceptionally wack on some songs, and at times exceptional good on others . the only 2 songs i like weezy for is 'duffle bag boy' and 'misunderstood'. the others are wack including his verse on a millie, but the amillie beat made him get away with it cuzz it has a south side crunk snare on it, weezy rap skills is very very ordinary. maybe its becuz of his flow style. mi does it better than weezy

@ibime and sauron
list like 4 weezy songs that is worth listening too lyrically,
i downloaded all his mixtapes and albums and i was very dissapointed.
maybe u guys can recommend some weezy songs i prolly neva heard b4.
Re: 5 Grammy Awards?! I'm Sorry but Lil Wayne Irritates Me. by funkybaby(f): 10:51am On Feb 18, 2009
ofokasibe:

@ibime and sauron
list like 4 weezy songs that is worth listening too lyrically,
i downloaded all his mixtapes and albums and i was very dissapointed.
maybe u guys can recommend some weezy songs i prolly neva heard b4.

Yes, please list four songs.
The only song of his that I can listen to from start till the end without skipping to some other song by another artist is lollipop. Reason is Static Major. The remix featuring Kanye is a bit okay as well.

Did someone say Kanye shockedshocked
I still insist that Papertrail deserved best rap album.
Re: 5 Grammy Awards?! I'm Sorry but Lil Wayne Irritates Me. by eldee(m): 7:27pm On Feb 18, 2009
I recommend Mr Carter ft Jay-Z
Re: 5 Grammy Awards?! I'm Sorry but Lil Wayne Irritates Me. by KarmaMod(f): 10:33pm On Feb 18, 2009
one out of 4?

eldee you no try at all tongue
Re: 5 Grammy Awards?! I'm Sorry but Lil Wayne Irritates Me. by lalaboi(m): 11:53pm On Feb 18, 2009
add. . . . .Dr carter. . . . . to the list cool. . . . .Thats creativity for YA!!
Re: 5 Grammy Awards?! I'm Sorry but Lil Wayne Irritates Me. by tosinaded(m): 2:23am On Feb 19, 2009
pray to the lord
Re: 5 Grammy Awards?! I'm Sorry but Lil Wayne Irritates Me. by kosovo(m): 4:04am On Feb 19, 2009
,sighs,
Re: 5 Grammy Awards?! I'm Sorry but Lil Wayne Irritates Me. by montelik(m): 1:46pm On Feb 19, 2009
personally d rap industry these days mirrors d heavyweight boxing division in recent times.there are heavyweight champions but all experts realise d quality of boxers and fights is nowhere compared to where it should be or has been in d past. same thing with rap industry, wayne is certainly d hottest guy out there and probably d best when sensibly considered, but d standard of music and d ability of its artists in d rap industry in recent times is not where it should be or has been in the past. lil wayne is d best of what is out there hate it or love it. IMHO
Re: 5 Grammy Awards?! I'm Sorry but Lil Wayne Irritates Me. by Sauron1: 2:09pm On Feb 19, 2009
montelik:

personally d rap industry these days mirrors d heavyweight boxing division in recent times.there are heavyweight champions but all experts realise d quality of boxers and fights is nowhere compared to where it should be or has been in d past. same thing with rap industry, wayne is certainly d hottest guy out there and probably d best when sensibly considered, but d standard of music and d ability of its artists in d rap industry in recent times is not where it should be or has been in the past. lil wayne is d best of what is out there hate it or love it. IMHO

I quite agree with this. . . .

It seems most of them are now concerned about the commercial aspect of things rather than the art itself.
Laziness has also crept in and most of them just lost total interest with the internet ruining things for them.
Most people now go to LIMEWIRE and other free MP3 download sites instead of going to the stores to cop albums.
It's a massive decline to what we used to have in the late 90s.
Re: 5 Grammy Awards?! I'm Sorry but Lil Wayne Irritates Me. by chiogo(f): 6:34pm On Feb 19, 2009
Yup, Lil' Wayne is definitely irritating. He's not totally wack, he has some good stuff but 5 grammies?? He sure doesn't deserve them.

The whole auto-tune thingy made me lose interest, like seriously, since when do you need that to rap? 

'Mr. Carter' is good(although I liked it mostly because of Jay-z but Lil' wayne tried), I even like 'leather so soft' but the main song that jump-started

his career was 'Fire man', That was when I liked his music, now he's just boring.

The only reason 'A milli' was appreciated was because of Cory Gunz, he spat most of the good stuff. I wonder why he wasn't in the

video. somebody was tryna take all the glory.
Re: 5 Grammy Awards?! I'm Sorry but Lil Wayne Irritates Me. by Sauron1: 9:42pm On Feb 19, 2009
chiogo:

The only reason [b]'A milli' [/b]was appreciated was because of Cory Gunz, he spat most of the good stuff. I wonder why he wasn't in the

video. somebody was tryna take all the glory.

U mean the same 'A Milli' where he dissed the "Nigerian Hair"??
If he is going to write metaphors about how tough hair can be, why didn't he use his unkempt dreadlocks.
Lil Wayne is a Arrow. cheesy
Re: 5 Grammy Awards?! I'm Sorry but Lil Wayne Irritates Me. by Nobody: 10:17pm On Feb 19, 2009
Nas has said it, HIP HOP IS DEAD !!!
Re: 5 Grammy Awards?! I'm Sorry but Lil Wayne Irritates Me. by eldee(m): 9:58am On Feb 20, 2009
Hiphop is Dead has nuffin to do with this. At least we all know Weezy doesn't sound like any other person. Infact he's not like Young Jeezy that compares getting a black president to having blue rims.

@Karmamod
I'm not a Lil Wayne fan
I'm a hiphop fan that adores any rapper that sells double platinum in an era where hitting gold has become an impossible task for most rappers.

@Sauron
He CarterIII were to be a double album, it'll be on 4 mil rite now tongue

Which Jay-Z are u talking about?
Do u mean the one that said 'I do this in my sleep, I sell kilos of coke, I'm guessing I can sell CDs' or the one that goes 'I wish for u a century of success but now's my time'

C'mon Jay-Z's class is the bridge between the part and the future of hiphop.
You know we're going to have to do the i-tunes vigil on the Blueprint3 release day rite?
Re: 5 Grammy Awards?! I'm Sorry but Lil Wayne Irritates Me. by bgees(m): 3:15pm On Feb 20, 2009
l i l wayne winning the award spells 2 things:

hiphop is becoming more popular. he refined it . thanks to him.

but the bitter truth is that HE IS CRAP by realhiphop standards. his lyrics are not worth hanging on! . guys like him are killing hiphop.

i dont know how far this is true, he is a gay(?) and its a shame hiphop forgave him for the french kiss he gave bird man. this hiphop not rock music. grin grin
Re: 5 Grammy Awards?! I'm Sorry but Lil Wayne Irritates Me. by tolala(m): 9:15am On Feb 21, 2009
now i am convinced the future is bright,that people stil know the diff btw good music and noise.thot we ve lost it when kanye is clouded by grammies judgement (neo-colonial)was running his mouth here and there.with ppl like sauron-using her as a point of contact to other nairaland intellects d music/radio forum wil continue to make sense regardles of the few bad heads.@ tosin was disappointed cos i always looked out for what u gat to say but hey one wrong in a million rights is not bad at all.@ eldee the real eldee da don would have been dissappointed.at first u were supporting him sayin he is the best thing that happened to hip hop later u said u re not his fan.haba! lastly all insults are directed at khanye and nobody else.think they shld create a special forum for him-music for idiots.
Re: 5 Grammy Awards?! I'm Sorry but Lil Wayne Irritates Me. by ajah1(f): 2:37pm On Feb 21, 2009
I love him anyday anytime.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Who Do U Tink Wil Last Much Longer In 9ja Music Industry:ice Prince,wizkid,olamide Or Mochedda? / Wats It With Adele's Song Hello Sef?.. / Tekno, Lil Kesh & Kiss Daniel Drops Down The Nigeria Top 20 Chart

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.