Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,072 members, 7,949,697 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 04:27 PM

Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! - Family (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! (52418 Views)

I Hereby Denounce Feminism With Everything In Me. / Feminism: The True Colour / Girl Destroys Feminism In Just 3 Minutes. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jun 03, 2015

3 Likes

Re: Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! by pickabeau1: 9:57pm On Jun 03, 2015
cococandy:
now we are getting somewhere.

God became 'white' because the white men had the upper hand. They had guns. They brought the religion. God was who they told us he was. Whether we liked it or not.

Same way he became a 'he' because those who made the decisions that mattered about him where men. He became a HE because men wanted him to be.
Relate?

With this, we needn't argue any further.

I knew where you were playing to..cheesy

So ur point is now that God is a human creation since men assigned gender to him and not the words of His only Son or even traditional religions

Chineke or Chukwu is denoted as male
Olorun is too
Zeus
Etc

So it is a global conspiracy to make God a male connotation ?

Ok
Re: Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! by Nobody: 9:59pm On Jun 03, 2015
cococandy:
now we are getting somewhere.

God became 'white' because the white men had the upper hand. They had guns. They brought the religion. God was who they told us he was. Whether we liked it or not.

Same way he became a 'he' because those who made the decisions that mattered about him where men. He became a HE because men wanted him to be.
Relate?

With this, we needn't argue any further.

You would need to deny the existence of God before this argument can fly...
If you believe in God because the white men said so why then do you doubt him being a he because they allegedly said so..
The people who made the basic decisions about God were inspired by God, to doubt what they wrote is to doubt God

5 Likes

Re: Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jun 03, 2015
Nonso23:

When the blind lead the blind, borrow pit is not far from sight cheesy

cheesy cheesy
Re: Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! by Nobody: 10:03pm On Jun 03, 2015

1 Like

Re: Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! by Nobody: 10:07pm On Jun 03, 2015
FrancisTony:
Njoku, stop hating.
When thread reach frontpage, my likes speak for me cool
Damn. That's how you measure value? sad

1 Like

Re: Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! by cococandy(f): 10:07pm On Jun 03, 2015
pickabeau1:

I knew where you were playing to..cheesy

So ur point is now that God is a human creation since men assigned gender to him and not the words of His only Son or even traditional religions

Chineke or Chukwu is denoted as male
Olorun is too
Zeus
Etc

So it is a global conspiracy to make God a male connotation ?

Ok

there's no conspiracy.
Read my post to francistony.

The thing is that it just happens that when we have to make human characterization of abstract figure that we haven't seen, we use the ideas best suited to us and the role that figure is going to play in our lives.

It is that simple.

Igbos have female deities. And each is ascribed a feminine gender because of the role it plays in the life of the people who worship it.
For example We have ani, goddess of the land/soil. She's responsible for fertility(which include soil fertility and female fertility; ignorantly, male fertility wasn't recognized as something to be worried about then)

The man was the father of the family so chukwu was ascribed the male gender because his role was the father of the other gods.
If the gods were going to have a father, it would make most sense in our human mind to make him a HE because men were fathers. It is only a natural thought progression.

Human beings create their own idea of God that's why we have so many varying versions of who God really is all over the world.
It doesn't make it necessarily true but it helps us be grounded in our relationship with the idea or who we want God to be in our lives.

1 Like

Re: Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jun 03, 2015
Nonso23:

Let him keep chasing his tail till 'thy kingdom come.'
We will keep watching and interfering to check his wanton sillyness. grin

Lol, dude where da he'll have u been... am surprised you noticed this dude even though you were on leave... he's hard to miss, isn't he?
Re: Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jun 03, 2015
Re: Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! by kaboninc(m): 10:11pm On Jun 03, 2015
pickabeau1:

Africa was not colonized because God is white
It was because the white people had guns

Making.God black will not change the economic realities that the whites n blacks
face

I wonder what the economic benefit would be should we continue this debate that obviously leads no where. What we stand to gain debating on if God is white or black or brown or whatever, especially with bland kids here.

The same bible which most of these people steadily make reference to says all humans are in his image, was the same bible introduced to us by the whites and still the same bible some of us have found solace in it. Same bible made reference to God as a 'He'. In my opinion, a 'man' signifies 'authority', 'superiority', 'head', 'most powerful' and every adjective that points to the 'top'.

Also, what's the gain we'd derive pacifying these ladies who decide to on their own to feel inferior here that they can refer to God as a 'she'! If you refer to God as a she and 'She' answers your queries, meets you in times of your needs, so then good for you. You can also substitute all 'He' in the bible with your 'She'. But for those who don't buy this awkward idea, why crucify us?
Re: Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jun 03, 2015
Re: Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! by Nobody: 10:12pm On Jun 03, 2015
Re: Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jun 03, 2015
Nonso23:

I saw the way coogar attacked him and was intrigued. A brief skim through his old posts revealed more than enough! angry

Lmao, no be small thing we dey face for here oh
Re: Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jun 03, 2015
Re: Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! by cococandy(f): 10:20pm On Jun 03, 2015
njokusboy:

If you believe in God because the white men said so why then do you doubt him being a he because they allegedly said so..
The people who made the basic decisions about God were inspired by God, to doubt what they wrote is to doubt God

Pls don't be basic.

If the white men didn't come, which God would you be worshipping? Amadioha? Chukwuegu?
Wouldn't you make sacrifices to Ani the female goddess to bless your farm and make your wife/wives fertile?
Wouldn't you make sacrifices to oshimili the goddess of the river to grant you safe pass any time you traveled on a boat?

You would be worshipping the gods your people worshipped. The gods you'd have been told to be what they were by your ancestors. Who was inspiring them then? Or you mean they didn't have the Holy Spirit until the whites came and gave them the Holy Spirit inspired version of who God really is? Don't dig a pit for yourself grin
You're really saying the black race didn't have a Holy Spirit inspired version of God until the whites came and handed it us. Racismmmmmm.......

Now you've dumped for them for Jesus because you've been taught to.
Everything you know about the nature of God you were taught. And all of it human invention.

I can't get myself to believe there's no God. The wonders of the universe are too magnificent to be dismissed as happening by chance. I am Christian because I was born into it and I like to refer to God as a HE because I've become used to relating to him as a father. (A different place, a different time and it may not have been the case for me.
Same as you even if you're not honest enough to admit that.)

But it would be shallow to not recognize that the various versions of God is just our humanity trying to make sense of something bigger than our brains are capable of.

3 Likes

Re: Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! by Nobody: 10:20pm On Jun 03, 2015
Nonso23:

27 million Nigerians are mentally challenged. grin

grin grin

I understand a large number of this demographic don't look it. What with their well-knotted ties and well-pressed dashikis grin
Re: Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! by sinizia: 10:21pm On Jun 03, 2015
FrancisTony:
Okay, white men didn't want blacks to feel inferior.

Why did they make God white when he's of no race?
Made Jesus white when he's actually black.

Some people will just comment stupidly just to feel among.

Bro, if the Whites like they can make Jesus blue, guess what? I would never give a fúck nor feel inferior to them. They can make him violet, i still won't give a fúck. Jesus can be multicolored, guess what? Any White that treats me like I'm inferior to him because Jesus is multicolored, i'll bust a cap in his ass. Nothing, i repeat, nothing written in this world can make me feel inferior. I'm a black man and proud of it. I ain't bleaching for any reason. I can't say for you though. undecided

1 Like

Re: Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jun 03, 2015
Jesus wasn't white.
Jewish people aren't considered as 'whites'
Re: Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! by pickabeau1: 10:25pm On Jun 03, 2015
cococandy:
there's no conspiracy.
Read my post to francistony.

The thing is that it just happens that when we have to make human characterization of abstract figure that we haven't seen, we use the ideas best suited to us and the role that figure is going to play in our lives.

It is that simple.

Igbos have female deities. And each is ascribes a feminine gender because of the role it plays in the life of the people who worship it.
For example We have ani, goddess of the land/soil. She's responsible for fertility(which include soil fertility and female fertility; ignorantly, male fertility wasn't recognized as something to be worried about then)

The man was the father of the family so chukwu was ascribed the male gender because his role was the father of the other gods.
If the gods were going to have a father, it would make most sense in our human mind to make him a HE because men were fathers. It is only a natural thought progression.

Human beings create their own idea of God that's why we have so many varying versions of who God really is all over the world.
It doesn't make it necessarily true but it helps us be grounded in our relationship with the idea or who we want God to be in our lives.

So its all psychology n mindset that gods must be male?

So Christ who referred to God as Heavenly Father was also a mindset

I now see why God must be she.
That will undo the eons of brainwashing

Females will now be able to reach d top once we say God the Mother...

Why stop there

Jesus is female or maybe transgender

Christian feminists......carry go

kaboninc:

I wonder what the economic benefit would be should we continue this debate that obviously leads no where. What we stand to gain debating on if God is white or black or brown or whatever, especially with bland kids here.
The same bible which most of these people steadily make reference to says all humans are in his image, was the same bible introduced to us by the whites and still the same bible some of us have found solace in it. Same bible made reference to God as a 'He'. In my opinion, a 'man' signifies 'authority', 'superiority', 'head', 'most powerful' and every adjective that points to the 'top'.
Also, what's the gain we'd derive pacifying these ladies who decide to on their own to feel inferior here that they can refer to God as a 'she'! If you refer to God as a she and 'She' answers your queries, meets you in times of your needs, so then good for you. You can also substitute all 'He' in the bible with your 'She'. But for those who don't buy this awkward idea, why crucify us?

when i saw the article online, i thought it will be seenfor what it was
Dangerous revisionism by a group of hallucinated femmes who believe changing the gender of God will atone for the differences in the sexes, that this female God in the sky will turn men to birthing and bleeding humans so that women can do whatever it is men do..

However i can now see the struggle is real

women really want God to be a she.

I did not know it was this bad
Re: Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jun 03, 2015
Re: Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jun 03, 2015
sinizia:

Bro, if the Whites like they can make Jesus blue, guess what? I would never give a fúck nor feel inferior to them. They can make him violet, i still won't give a fúck. Jesus can be multicolored, guess what? Any White that treats me like I'm inferior to him because Jesus is multicolored, i'll bust a cap in his ass. Nothing, i repeat, nothing written in this world can make me feel inferior. I'm a black man and proud of it. I ain't bleaching for any reason. I can't say for you though. undecided
Are you a christian?

By the way our ancestors did if you watch those movies about early missionaries.

Haven't you heard some people saying black are inferior because Jesus is white? undecided grin
Re: Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! by Nobody: 10:32pm On Jun 03, 2015
Mhen, i'm unapologetic and will continue bashing men until women-hating threads stop flying around this section.

No apologies, whatsoever.

Signed
Francistony
Genderless - online(Nairaland)
Male - offline

Good-Night

6 Likes

Re: Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! by cococandy(f): 10:33pm On Jun 03, 2015
This is like pouring water on stone. embarassed
Chai.

So you agreed that God is not a man yet won't see how the HE pronoun is a product of the psychological effect of the role he plays in Christianity?

If Christ didn't mean 'God the father' as a symbolism (psychological attribute) of who he is to us, did he then mean it as physical attribute of God as per "God with male sexual organs"?

Of course It is not physical. It is psychological (mind n spiritual) yes spirituality is a construct of the psyche: things aren't matter but affect us
pickabeau1:
So its all psychology n mindset that gods must be male?

So Christ who referred to God as Heavenly Father was also a mindset

I now see why God must be she.
That will undo the eons of brainwashing

Females will now be able to reach d top once we say God the Mother...

Why stop there

Jesus is female or maybe transgender

Christian feminists......carry go

Re: Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! by Nobody: 10:34pm On Jun 03, 2015

5 Likes

Re: Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! by pickabeau1: 10:36pm On Jun 03, 2015
@cococandy

i wish the christian feminists the best of luck in their campaign to ensure God is perceived as she or a suitable pronoun they invent
Re: Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! by taiocol: 10:38pm On Jun 03, 2015
FrancisTony:
Mhen, i'm unapologetic and will continue bashing men until women-hating threads stop flying around this section.

Signed
Francistony
Male - offline

Good-Night

Obinna clap for yourself

Well done undecided
FrancisTony:

Signed
Francistony
Male - offline

Good-Night

Obinna clap for yourself

Well done
Re: Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! by cococandy(f): 10:40pm On Jun 03, 2015
pickabeau1:
@cococandy

i wish the christian feminists the best of luck in their campaign to ensure God is perceived as she or a suitable pronoun they invent

lol

they probably wish you the best of luck too
Re: Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! by coogar: 10:41pm On Jun 03, 2015
Nonso23:

27 million Nigerians are mentally challenged. grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! by Nobody: 10:41pm On Jun 03, 2015
taiocol:

Obinna clap for yourself Well done undecided Obinna clap for yourself Well done
STFU, Chinedu.
Kunmi sent her greetings. grin

1 Like

Re: Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! by Nobody: 10:42pm On Jun 03, 2015
Re: Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! by sinizia: 10:42pm On Jun 03, 2015
njokusboy:

Exactly!! This is what i wanted to reply her too. If she doesn't become an atheist, her arguments holds no water.

1 Like

Re: Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! by pickabeau1: 10:42pm On Jun 03, 2015
I am content with what the Bible tells me

I dont need to change the Bible to justify a man made cause
cococandy:
lol

they probably wish you the best of luck too

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (26) (Reply)

Photo: Please Help Rob Mamuda Find His Dad. / Bride-to-be, Mother Were Buried On Her Wedding Day (photos) / My Husband Spits On My Face During Quarrels

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.