Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,249 members, 7,880,925 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 09:22 AM

How To Apologize To The One You Love - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How To Apologize To The One You Love (890 Views)

I Want To Apologize The Way I Used To Diss My Family before / I Am Tired Of My Boyfriend Ending Things But Then Calling Me Again To Apologize? / He Called And Apologize After Seeing My Nakednes.s(part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Apologize To The One You Love by oatzeal(m): 12:10am On Jun 03, 2015
[b]A booming relationship is not one without disagreements, it is one that handles them maturely. The resolution style for every relationship differs. For some, you may never talk about it again. You just pick up another topic a few minutes later and it ends there. For some, you both need to sit and trash the issue thoroughly, to reach reasonable, considerate and balanced conclusions.

Resolution is one of the biggest pillars of a relationship, and one foolproof way to achieve a successful resolution is to apologize the right way. An old Yoruba saying translates: "apology has a gender", so the way you say or do it determines which applies. You would agree that even the tone of "sorry" and "I'm sorry" are different. In order to have an absolute resolution, both parties have parts to play, and in the end, it reveals the level of respect and commitment involved in the relationship.

When you offend the one you love,

be sorry indeed: Don't apologize because your partner asked for it. Be sorry because you truly are. And let that reflect in your words, actions, gesticulations, explanations etc. Anybody can hurt another; we are humans not ghosts. So when that happens, apologize genuinely and let peace find its way back to your relationship.

give explanations not excuses: don't be deceived by the fact that they both start with "ex". Many people mix these two up and they end up fuelling the conflict. Explanations will make your partner understand why you did what you did but excuses will make him/her feel you are trying to play smart. Sometimes it's a very thin line between these two but explanations prove you didn't mean to hurt your partner, and that's a step closer to a resolution while excuses give steps away from it.

choose your words: when you apologize, don't say "Sorry IF I have offended you!" IF? For heaven's sake, being ambiguous when you apologise can be annoying. What is IF I have offended you? Of course you have offended me, and that's why I am angry, so be humble enough to admit that you are wrong and be sorry. Before you apologize, know the specifics of what you have done wrong. If you do not know, how will you not do it again? Choosing the right words can really be magical. You should rather say something like "I am sorry, I didn't mean to and it won't happen again." And that is ...............

[/b]

READ ALL @ http://nairanaijanews..com/2015/05/how-to-apologize-to-one-you-love.html
Re: How To Apologize To The One You Love by donbenedict(m): 1:22am On Jun 03, 2015
Neva b sorry for what ur not guilty of

1 Like

Re: How To Apologize To The One You Love by OkwuruOKARISIA(m): 1:43am On Jun 03, 2015
naija babes?

sorry comes wit goody bag bfr its accepted
Re: How To Apologize To The One You Love by Nobody: 5:23am On Jun 03, 2015
I don't apologize anyhow. I wield my rod when necessary and pat the back after that. Women behave like kids! they need constant nurturing.
Re: How To Apologize To The One You Love by EKITI001: 10:54pm On Jun 03, 2015
i learnt something

(1) (Reply)

For Single Ladies - 12 Annoying Things You Do That Chase Men Away Fast / Caption This Picture / WOW!! Is This Guy Shy,timid,romantic Or What?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.