Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,374 members, 7,943,940 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 08:24 AM

Uk Medical Visa Denied Despite Medical Insurance Cover - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Medical Visa Denied Despite Medical Insurance Cover (2732 Views)

Jamaican Denied Visas Over Bleaching / Please Help....visa Denied / Uk Medical Visa Denied Despite Medical Insurance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Uk Medical Visa Denied Despite Medical Insurance Cover by Moteey: 6:11pm On Jun 03, 2015
I applied for a medical visa for my child to undergo a treatment of about 60million naira when converted.

Our visa was denied despite the fact that we have medical insurance with a well known insurance company based in the Uk.they are also well known by the hospital in the UK and they agreed to treat my daughter after the insurance company gave them an authorization number to cover all related medical cost.this is a treatment the hospital normally insist on deposit pymt before commencing treatment but they have informed us that the insurance company is well known to them.

I applied through tele performance Vi and Sheffield has requested for proof of payment deposit despite the hospital stating that they accept the insurance financial cover.the insurance company sent a letter to show that they invented to cover the treatment and had issued an authorization number.the hospital showed that they accepted the authorization number as proof and acceptance of financial cover

Together with my husband we have about 10m in our accounts and we both have well paying jobs each above 300k.

But there reasons for refusal is that we need to make pymt deposit to the hospital and that we do not have sufficient funds to cover a two was stay in the uk.
They also say we ve no rights of appeal or review.

We want to reapply with another letter from the hospital which is imperial private healthcare stating that they accept not only deposits but insurance coverage as well but I am skeptical we could be refused again.

Please has anyone gone this route before or do you know any agents that might ve had similar experience that could advise me.or is it that the uk doesn't accept medical insurance cover for international patients even when the insurance company is a work class one based in the uk.
Re: Uk Medical Visa Denied Despite Medical Insurance Cover by justwise(m): 6:22pm On Jun 03, 2015
Moteey:
I applied for a medical visa for my child to undergo a treatment of about 60million naira when converted.

Our visa was denied despite the fact that we have medical insurance with a well known insurance company based in the Uk.they are also well known by the hospital in the UK and they agreed to treat my daughter after the insurance company gave them an authorization number to cover all related medical cost.this is a treatment the hospital normally insist on deposit pymt before commencing treatment but they have informed us that the insurance company is well known to them.

I applied through tele performance Vi and Sheffield has requested for proof of payment deposit despite the hospital stating that they accept the insurance financial cover.the insurance company sent a letter to show that they invented to cover the treatment and had issued an authorization number.the hospital showed that they accepted the authorization number as proof and acceptance of financial cover

Together with my husband we have about 10m in our accounts and we both have well paying jobs each above 300k.

But there reasons for refusal is that we need to make pymt deposit to the hospital and that we do not have sufficient funds to cover a two was stay in the uk.
They also say we ve no rights of appeal or review.

We want to reapply with another letter from the hospital which is imperial private healthcare stating that they accept not only deposits but insurance coverage as well but I am skeptical we could be refused again.

Please has anyone gone this route before or do you know any agents that might ve had similar experience that could advise me.or is it that the uk doesn't accept medical insurance cover for international patients even when the insurance company is a work class one based in the uk.

Why did you go through insurance rather than paying deposit to the hospital, get a receipt and show the remaining money in your bank account?
Re: Uk Medical Visa Denied Despite Medical Insurance Cover by Moteey: 7:50pm On Jun 03, 2015
@just wise

Hello.

By medical insurance I mean what we call HMO here in Nigeria.the likes of Hygeia. But I work with a intl. company so we don't use Nigeria HMO.our HMO is based in the UK.

I don't intend to pay with my own money.my Medical insurance is to do that after invoices has been sent to them from the hospital
Re: Uk Medical Visa Denied Despite Medical Insurance Cover by bebe2(f): 8:37pm On Jun 03, 2015
the uk has started acting crazy with visa application again,

dats why they are desperate to leave the EU, yeye pple.

how can they refuse u appeal or review??

i beg just get a lawyer, to fight the case.

dats the only pple to listen to.

hope ur baby gets better soon, x
Re: Uk Medical Visa Denied Despite Medical Insurance Cover by justwise(m): 10:25pm On Jun 03, 2015
Moteey:
@just wise

Hello.

By medical insurance I mean what we call HMO here in Nigeria.the likes of Hygeia. But I work with a intl. company so we don't use Nigeria HMO.our HMO is based in the UK.

I don't intend to pay with my own money.my Medical insurance is to do that after invoices has been sent to them from the hospital

Oh ok! I understand that now, don't reply without getting a letter from your company and the insurance company stating clearly the nature of your insurance and your entitlement.

Did you present your salary account and payslip that showed the 10 million you mentioned? Because that should have been enough for your stay in the UK apart from hospital bill.
Re: Uk Medical Visa Denied Despite Medical Insurance Cover by Moteey: 12:15am On Jun 04, 2015
I actually did that already.

I submitted letter from my employer.

Payslip of the last six months as well.

And a consistent bank statement of the last six months before application.i was very surprised when one of there refusal reasons was insufficient costs for just two wks to cover stay in the uk without working or assessing public funds.plus I am a frequent traveller though never been to the uk.

I can't fathom the reason for their refusal.the medical insurance company and the hospital have agreed to each others terms and issued documents which we submitted to express this.

I was hoping such a scenario might have been experienced here and someone might be able to shed more light.
Re: Uk Medical Visa Denied Despite Medical Insurance Cover by justwise(m): 12:25am On Jun 04, 2015
Moteey:
I actually did that already.

I submitted letter from my employer.

Payslip of the last six months as well.

And a consistent bank statement of the last six months before application.i was very surprised when one of there refusal reasons was insufficient costs for just two wks to cover stay in the uk without working or assessing public funds.plus I am a frequent traveller though never been to the uk.

I can't fathom the reason for their refusal.the medical insurance company and the hospital have agreed to each others terms and issued documents which we submitted to express this.

I was hoping such a scenario might have been experienced here and someone might be able to shed more light.

Technically you can go for administration review. It's free, just downloaded the form online and fill it. It's basically a way of asking for reconsideration. The ECM will review your application again. You don't need to add a single document to the review form they will go through carefully what you submitted already. This is different from appeal and you will hear from them within weeks.

Or you reapply and attach a letter detailing all you said here, a different ECO will treat your application.
Re: Uk Medical Visa Denied Despite Medical Insurance Cover by ttmacoy: 2:27am On Jun 04, 2015
I second justwise advice.

I would say with the letter you write, address each point they made to refuse you e.g. Regarding no deposit, explain about your insurance and refer to the letter you get from insurance company. Regarding not enough funds explain clearly your account balance and also an estimate of the cost of your2 weeks stay to show you do have enough funds. As justwise said hopefully another ECO looks at the case positively.

Goodluck.
Re: Uk Medical Visa Denied Despite Medical Insurance Cover by worry357: 6:23am On Jun 04, 2015
ttmacoy:
I second justwise advice.

I would say with the letter you write, address each point they made to refuse you e.g. Regarding no deposit, explain about your insurance and refer to the letter you get from insurance company. Regarding not enough funds explain clearly your account balance and also an estimate of the cost of your2 weeks stay to show you do have enough funds. As justwise said hopefully another ECO looks at the case positively.
Goodluck.

Also make it VERY clear that you will pay all your own medical bills and will not use public funds for your treatment.
Re: Uk Medical Visa Denied Despite Medical Insurance Cover by ttmacoy: 12:03pm On Jun 04, 2015
Re: Uk Medical Visa Denied Despite Medical Insurance Cover by Moteey: 12:39pm On Jun 04, 2015
Thank you so much for your responses

I think I would reapply and see if my insurance company is willing to present a bank guarantee instead to the hospital.i think this is a more binding guarantee of payment and I hope this would sit better with the ECO and also so I can directly address the insufficient reason they gave

Pls I would like someone to suggest the route of applying through the ikeja office instead of tele performance VI.

Is the ikeja centre also run by tele performance and do use the same website I used for applying to vi.the visa4u website.i want to use ikeja cos my experience with VI was delayed.and I have read other poles experience here who say ikeja is better
Re: Uk Medical Visa Denied Despite Medical Insurance Cover by Moteey: 2:50pm On Jun 04, 2015
@justwise

Pls do you have an advise as regards the priority service offered by tele performance?
Re: Uk Medical Visa Denied Despite Medical Insurance Cover by justwise(m): 3:38pm On Jun 04, 2015
Moteey:
@justwise

Pls do you have an advise as regards the priority service offered by tele performance?

I think priority service is only for business visa applications. But I will read around and update you here
Re: Uk Medical Visa Denied Despite Medical Insurance Cover by Moteey: 7:09pm On Jun 04, 2015
Thank you Justwise. looking forward to your response.
Re: Uk Medical Visa Denied Despite Medical Insurance Cover by justwise(m): 8:18am On Jun 05, 2015
Moteey:
Thank you Justwise. looking forward to your response.

I got this..see my attachment

Re: Uk Medical Visa Denied Despite Medical Insurance Cover by Moteey: 7:43pm On Jun 09, 2015
Thanks Justwise.

I am processing documents for my re-application. Pls see my cover letter below and advise:

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN
Dear Sir/Ma
LETTER OF RE-CONSIDERATION AS REGARDS VISA REFUSED FOR FAMILY MEMBERS WITH VAF’s xxxxx, xxxxx & xxxxx (Applicant xxxxx (my husband)would reapply at a future date as his vacation period from the office has been exhausted.)

Our visa application was denied on the 20th of May 2015 and the reason for denial was corroborated by details contained in V4.2e of the UK immigration rules for visitors which states:

‘’Applicant must have sufficient funds to cover all reasonable costs in relation to their visit without working or accessing public funds. This includes the cost of the return or onward journey, any costs relating to dependants, and the cost of planned activities such as private medical treatment’’

In this re-application we have attempted to address the reasons for refusal in two sections:

Section One: Cost of the return or onward journey, any costs relating to dependants:

We have attached a spreadsheet to this re-application detailing the expenses we would be incurring as regards feeding, accommodation and flight tickets. I am unclear as to whether my account statement was sighted during my initial application as one of your refusal reasons was that I had insufficient funds to cater for my stay which is confusing as I had a clearly traceable amount of about NGN 9,800,000 in the statement submitted which I believe should have shown we have sufficient funds to cover our stay in the UK for either 2wks or 6-9months treatment as our detailed cost estimate attached herein shows our total personal cost estimate to be NGN 4,321,580.Please note that we are sufficiently able to cater for ourselves and have no intentions of working or accessing public funds while in the UK. Please see cost estimate attached.

[b]Section two: Cost of planned activities such as private medical treatment

My medical insurance policy with xxxxx company has been live since the 1st of July 2012 (please see certificate of cover attached) and the benefits I am to enjoy is health cover worldwide excluding the US. I requested for an health provider which they have a relationship with in the UK and xxxxxx healthcare was mentioned. This Healthcare has also confirmed this relationship as seen in letter from the Commercial Manager, xxxxx healthcare where they expressed acceptance of the guarantee of payment presented by xxxxx insurance to cover my daughter’s treatment. It is also an acceptable means of payment as openly described on their website http://xxxxxxx.co.uk/patients/paying-for-your-treatment/ and a copy is also attached herein.

During my findings, I am also informed that medical insurance is an acceptable form of payment in the UK healthcare system for Non-nationals hence I have attempted to provide further validations through a guarantee of payment issued by my UK based insurance company and accepted by xxxxxxx healthcare.

In light of these new information, we hope our re-application can be favourably reconsidered.

Warm Regards,
xxxxxxxx
Re: Uk Medical Visa Denied Despite Medical Insurance Cover by Lexusgs430: 11:02pm On Jun 09, 2015
Do you have to undergo this treatment in the UK? Have you explored German hospitals or other EU countries?
Re: Uk Medical Visa Denied Despite Medical Insurance Cover by Moteey: 2:54pm On Jun 16, 2015
Just an update incase anyone happens to be in these shoes later in the future.

We eventually reapplied last week using the priority service.

We received a mail today from VISAINFO.SHEFO@fco.gov.uk titled ''Your Visa Application Appeal: VAF xxxxx

''The decision to refuse your visa applications has been overturned and our office is now ready to issue you a UK Visa''.....

Our passport should be ready for collection later this week at the VAC centre.

Thanks guys.Cheers.
Re: Uk Medical Visa Denied Despite Medical Insurance Cover by justwise(m): 3:16pm On Jun 16, 2015
Moteey:

We eventually reapplied last week using the priority service.

We received a mail today from VISAINFO.SHEFO@fco.gov.uk titled ''Your Visa Application Appeal: VAF xxxxx

''The decision to refuse your visa applications has been overturned and our office is now ready to issue you a UK Visa''.....

Our passport should be ready for collection later this week at the VAC centre.

Thanks guys.Cheers.

Congratulations!!!
Re: Uk Medical Visa Denied Despite Medical Insurance Cover by blank(f): 5:12pm On Jun 16, 2015
Moteey:

Congrats. Just a quick question, was it a fresh application you did or was it a review?

Thanks.
Re: Uk Medical Visa Denied Despite Medical Insurance Cover by Moteey: 5:38pm On Jun 17, 2015
a fresh application with a cover letter clarifying their refusal grounds

(1) (Reply)

Ukraine Visa Denial / Stay Away From Green Africa Airline. Their Promos are illegal soft LOANS! / Aren't we over due to obtain Nigerian Passport online?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.