Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,448 members, 7,974,832 topics. Date: Monday, 14 October 2024 at 11:43 AM

10 Amazing Facts You Never Knew About The Human Body. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 10 Amazing Facts You Never Knew About The Human Body. (1633 Views)

12 Amazing Facts You May Not Have Known About Twins / 24 Facts You Never Knew About Divorce / Mind-blowing Facts You Never Knew About Twins (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Amazing Facts You Never Knew About The Human Body. by winner01(m): 8:50pm On Jun 06, 2015
The human body is essentially a working machine that performs unbelievable things on a daily basis.I will like to share with us some amazing facts about our body. Some of them might be very unbelievable but they happen right inside of us. A lot times we wonder about how our body functions and the science behind its functioning, I will give an insight into some of these science which will help us understand our body the more.

Amazing Facts You Never Knew

There are about 60,000 miles of blood vessels running in the human body. This is equivalent to going round the whole earth two and half times.

The focusing muscles in our eyes do move around about 100,000 times a day. To give your leg muscles the same workout, you’d need to walk 50 miles, amazing right. That is why no matter how big you are, you cant accumulate fat underneath the skins of our eyes.

A single human sperm contains about 37.5mb of male DNA required to create a human child. That means an average ejaculation sees the transfer of 1,500 terabytes of information. Guess you did not know that!

There are about 2.5 trillion red blood cells in your body at any moment. To maintain this number, about two and a half million new ones has to be produced every second by your bone marrow.That’s like a new population of the city of Lagos every 5 seconds.

This next one is pretty amazing.  A sneeze generates a wind of 166 km/hr, and a cough moves out at 100 km/hr.

An average person produces so much saliva in their life time that can fill up two Olympic sized swimming pools. Yea that is a lot of saliva.

I know a lot of us would have heard this before but I will still bring it to you. The human ear and nose never stop growing. I guess you now know why it seems that old people tend to have big ears and noses.

When we are awake and active, our brain generates so much electricity that power a small light bulb. Don’t ask me how.

In about half an hour, the human body has the capacity of producing so much heat that can help to boil a gallon of water.

If you can imagine the human eye as a camera, It would have 536 megapixel. That is really amazing.

http://www.doctorsays.com.ng/10-amazing-facts-about-the-human-body/

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 10 Amazing Facts You Never Knew About The Human Body. by frostland(m): 8:54pm On Jun 06, 2015
wow ops tanks I have learned alot
Re: 10 Amazing Facts You Never Knew About The Human Body. by Esetim(f): 8:54pm On Jun 06, 2015
Really amazing
Re: 10 Amazing Facts You Never Knew About The Human Body. by Tallesty1(m): 8:55pm On Jun 06, 2015
winner01:
The human body is essentially a working machine that performs unbelievable things on a daily basis.I will like to share with us some amazing facts about our body. Some of them might be very unbelievable but they happen right inside of us. A lot times we wonder about how our body functions and the science behind its functioning, I will give an insight into some of these science which will help us understand our body the more.

Amazing Facts You Never Knew

There are about 60,000 miles of blood vessels running in the human body. This is equivalent to going round the whole earth two and half times.

The focusing muscles in our eyes do move around about 100,000 times a day. To give your leg muscles the same workout, you’d need to walk 50 miles, amazing right. That is why no matter how big you are, you cant accumulate fat underneath the skins of our eyes.

A single human sperm contains about 37.5mb of male DNA required to create a human child. That means an average ejaculation sees the transfer of 1,500 terabytes of information. Guess you did not know that!

There are about 2.5 trillion red blood cells in your body at any moment. To maintain this number, about two and a half million new ones has to be produced every second by your bone marrow.That’s like a new population of the city of Lagos every 5 seconds.

This next one is pretty amazing.  A sneeze generates a wind of 166 km/hr, and a cough moves out at 100 km/hr.

An average person produces so much saliva in their life time that can fill up two Olympic sized swimming pools. Yea that is a lot of saliva.

I know a lot of us would have heard this before but I will still bring it to you. The human ear and nose never stop growing. I guess you now know why it seems that old people tend to have big ears and noses.

When we are awake and active, our brain generates so much electricity that power a small light bulb. Don’t ask me how.

In about half an hour, the human body has the capacity of producing so much heat that can help to boil a gallon of water.

If you can imagine the human eye as a camera, It would have 536 megapixel. That is really amazing.

http://www.doctorsays.com.ng/10-amazing-facts-about-the-human-body/
See wetin KingTom dey self-service away every night.
Re: 10 Amazing Facts You Never Knew About The Human Body. by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jun 06, 2015
God of perfections....& he did all these oooooo. shocked
Re: 10 Amazing Facts You Never Knew About The Human Body. by Jenny1010(f): 9:13pm On Jun 06, 2015
Amazing shocked
Re: 10 Amazing Facts You Never Knew About The Human Body. by Begonia(m): 9:16pm On Jun 06, 2015
Fascinating!

Nice one, op smiley
Re: 10 Amazing Facts You Never Knew About The Human Body. by bist: 9:19pm On Jun 06, 2015
Noted!
Re: 10 Amazing Facts You Never Knew About The Human Body. by jashar(f): 3:31pm On Jun 07, 2015
Wowww..
Re: 10 Amazing Facts You Never Knew About The Human Body. by themejiwalker(m): 1:16pm On Jun 09, 2015
Kudos op

I've definitely learnt from this
Re: 10 Amazing Facts You Never Knew About The Human Body. by winner01(m): 1:45pm On Aug 05, 2015
frostland:
wow ops tanks I have learned alot
You welcome
Re: 10 Amazing Facts You Never Knew About The Human Body. by oginga: 2:45pm On Aug 05, 2015
Truly amazing.

"An average person produces so much saliva in their life time that can fill up two Olympic sized swimming pools. Yea that is a lot of saliva".

@ op what about imb*cile?.... I guess they will produce three times more than an average person. Nothing serious, just my opinion.
Re: 10 Amazing Facts You Never Knew About The Human Body. by winner01(m): 5:09pm On Aug 06, 2015
oginga:
Truly amazing.

"An average person produces so much saliva in their life time that can fill up two Olympic sized swimming pools. Yea that is a lot of saliva".

@ op what about imb*cile?.... I guess they will produce three times more than an average person. Nothing serious, just my opinion.
Lol, i dont know that one oo.....maybe, maybe not. grin
Re: 10 Amazing Facts You Never Knew About The Human Body. by ancashy(f): 10:00pm On Aug 06, 2015
And some ppl still believe there is no God,while scientists and some ppl believe they are from apes.in the words of joyce. meyer " if we evolved from apes how come there are still apes" and ow come human beings have nt developed into something else millions of years later. I am fearfully and wonderfully made,God said it, I believe it that settles it.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Amazing Facts You Never Knew About The Human Body. by Nobody: 8:03am On Aug 07, 2015
^^^^^^^^^.. nice words. ..

Really Amazing. .. smiley

Our ears and noses keep growing? Chaiii, as my own don big now, I wonder how it will look like in my old age.. embarassed

(1) (Reply)

46 Women Go Unclad In Zambia Over Improper Sex They Get From Their Husbands / A Disastrous Marriage To A Professor Help / LUX Soap @ 17 Kobo.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.