Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,786 members, 7,875,956 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 04:45 AM

Nigeria Will Divide - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Will Divide (6479 Views)

Jonathan Will Divide Nigeria If He Lose Election - FFK The Hero Of the Liepod / Buhari And El-rufai Will Divide Nigeria – Apostle Suleman / Arrest Of Saraki Will Divide APC, Says Wada Nas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Will Divide by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jun 10, 2015
Humblebloke:

Religious bigot..... Stop trying to sound smart!

Saudi Arabia and Qatar are peaceful countries.... Prosperous as well.......... You are so myopic, you can't see beyond your nose

Saudi Arabia and Qatar and completely Islamic Nations.
'Nigeria is not an Islamic Nation. However she has a good number of Islamic fundamentalists.

For us to move forward, Nigeria has turn 100% Islamic like Saudi.
Else, violence in the name of Islam will undermine any progress you think we can make or making.

You can call me whatever names that makes you happy, just know that Nigeria as it is presently constituted, cannot make any progressive.

Okay, I am sorry.
We are making "progressive", that is why a tyrant like Buhari emerged president. We are now making bombs.
What else do we want?

Cry me a river.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Will Divide by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jun 10, 2015
omololu2020:
if isreal and saudi arabia are merge togeda,will it still b peaceful and prosperous?

Are you minding him?

Let us merge Britain and Iran.
Let us see how far.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Will Divide by whitecat1: 2:07pm On Jun 10, 2015
Weak!
Dollyak:

You don't make sense.
Re: Nigeria Will Divide by Humblebloke(m): 2:42pm On Jun 10, 2015
noblezone:

Saudi Arabia and Qatar and completely Islamic Nations.
'Nigeria is not an Islamic Nation. However she has a good number of Islamic fundamentalists.

For us to move forward, Nigeria has turn 100% Islamic like Saudi.
Else, violence in the name of Islam will undermine any progress you think we can make or making.

You can call me whatever names that makes you happy, just know that Nigeria as it is presently constituted, cannot make any progressive.

Okay, I am sorry.
We are making "progressive", that is why a tyrant like Buhari emerged president. We are now making bombs.
What else do we want?

Cry me a river.

Now I know where this is coming from...... Your hatred for PMB is getting the better of you or perhaps you do not like the notherners @ all

Nigeria is nation filled with several tribes......and religious people(extremely religious ones too)...... There are Yoruba Muslims and Christians...... There are christians in the north too and a considerable number of igbo muslims i know(The diversity is what I love most about this country),There are atheists too........

From 99'...... We had OBJ as our first democratic president who was a Yoruba man and a supposed christian who didn't do pretty well....

Then we had Umar(Nothern muslim) who would hav done a lot for this nation if we had not lost him to the cold hands of death....

Goodluck came along...... We tought he was goin to be the messiah...... We voted en mass and we all know what we got.........

Then we got another option in PMB...... And decided to give him a chance and all of a sudden.... It becomes a problem

Ion know exactly what your problem is.... Tribal bigotry or religion issues; orMaybe both
Re: Nigeria Will Divide by lokoloko84(m): 2:48pm On Jun 10, 2015
Lols!Nigeria is a failed state.The present system is not working and will never work.
The best thing a president can do is probably to provide constant power supply,reduce corruption, construct few roads and so on.For real development to occur,these regions must be independent in whatever form.
There has been a cold war among various tribes with religious and tribal leaning.
As far as I am concern,Nigeria is dead spiritually and is about to be buried physically.
Nobody will shed a tear when that happens.
Nigeria cannot survive the next 100years.
It is not possible. Nigeria is like a cancerous cell which will lead to death.
It is just a matter of time.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Will Divide by BiafranPrince: 3:05pm On Jun 10, 2015
victorbest:
Our nation Nigeria is a great country, that even the ideal of division shouldn't come in, pls Nigerians let join hands and make it great support the government of the day, think change and act change around u. God bless Nigeria.

Sharrap do you have portable clean water where you are, do you have stable light? How many people you know are gainfully employed? Is security a guarantee where you are? Can all the people you know that are around you able to eat 3 square meals daily? Can you get the visa to perhaps South Africa with option of residing there and you tear it up and come back to Nigeria ? Can you be proud being called Nigerian where other nations are?
Re: Nigeria Will Divide by disumusa: 3:22pm On Jun 10, 2015
Dollyak:

Except (we) yorubas also need to demand for freedom or true federalism. We yorubas has to be the most timid group in Nigeria, as we tend to sit on the fence. It doesn't take a genius to know the system is not working and something needs to be done. If the calls for federalism are not honoured then we might be better off being alone.
na by force, yoruba did not complain if they want they will call for it peacefully not war.
Re: Nigeria Will Divide by disumusa: 3:23pm On Jun 10, 2015
cheesy
pus11:
Nigeria is already divided
grin
pus11:
Nigeria is already divided
Re: Nigeria Will Divide by disumusa: 3:36pm On Jun 10, 2015
vayne:
The only determinant regions of nigeria's unity are th SE and SS.if these two regions are completely United,it poses a great threat to Nigeria unity,that's why Nigeria does all it can to keep SE and SS devided.
Pls don't ever use SE,SS,SW and alliance in a single sentence. We don't have anything in common with the SW pls.
ibo man they look for friend you think ss has forgoten how you mitreat them i.e collect their land etc during regional goverment, that is the land you are calling abandon property also ibo started opresing ss during biafra war thinking they will win.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Will Divide by vayne(m): 3:48pm On Jun 10, 2015
disumusa:
ibo man they look for friend you think ss has forgoten how you mitreat them i.e collect their land etc during regional goverment, that is the land you are calling abandon property also ibo started opresing ss during biafra war thinking they will win.
Well they can decide to remain with the zoo,if they choose to....which is very unlikely.
Re: Nigeria Will Divide by Eshinwaju: 6:28pm On Jun 10, 2015
ekenedegreat:
Eshinama!!

lmao...why the abuse ....I am supporting ur call for Biafra immediately....I will never relent until you are given Biafra....by fire by thunder....Biafra must come. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Will Divide by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jun 10, 2015
Humblebloke:

Now I know where this is coming from...... Your hatred for PMB is getting the better of you or perhaps you do not like the notherners @ all

Nigeria is nation filled with several tribes......and religious people(extremely religious ones too)...... There are Yoruba Muslims and Christians...... There are christians in the north too and a considerable number of igbo muslims i know(The diversity is what I love most about this country),There are atheists too........

From 99'...... We had OBJ as our first democratic president who was a Yoruba man and a supposed christian who didn't do pretty well....

Then we had Umar(Nothern muslim) who would hav done a lot for this nation if we had not lost him to the cold hands of death....

Goodluck came along...... We tought he was goin to be the messiah...... We voted en mass and we all know what we got.........

Then we got another option in PMB...... And decided to give him a chance and all of a sudden.... It becomes a problem

Ion know exactly what your problem is.... Tribal bigotry or religion issues; orMaybe both

Can you count the number of Christians and Igbos killed by Islamists in the North, so far?
Among the atheists, the Christians, the pagans and the Moslems, who sees slaughtering the innocent as act of worship?
I don't hate the North bro, rather some of us are tired of the hypocrisy.

On the other hand, that the likes of Buhari is an option today's Nigeria is a proof that there is no hope.
When the time comes, I will remind you.

Finally, if you guys love Nigeria, find a solution to th killings in the name of religion.
find it quickly or there will be no Nigeria.

I wish you well.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Will Divide by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jun 16, 2015
vayne:

A lot with Lower Niger delta than the SW.
d itsekiri have sumtin in common with d yoruba but ave notinq in common with d iqbo
Re: Nigeria Will Divide by namqul(m): 2:57pm On Jun 16, 2015
zadok60:

young man,i am living a better life,i don't know about you..
who told you average man in nigeria finds it difficult to eat?..
nigeria is blessed with agriculture,and go to the village and see how fresh they are there..they eat fresh things there,and since a villager can be living happily and fresh,i don't see nigeria as a poor country..
why shouldn't the people in the city work for themselves also?.
LAZINESS is the only issue nigeria is facing young man.
are u ok atall?
Re: Nigeria Will Divide by vayne(m): 3:12pm On Jun 16, 2015
Omat4real:
d itsekiri have sumtin in common with d yoruba but ave notinq in common with d iqbo
It's not by force,they can choose to remain in the zoo if they want to,which is very unlikely.
Re: Nigeria Will Divide by QuotaSystem: 3:17pm On Jun 16, 2015
MEILYN:
You don't know history. Go and sit down somewhere. We want to be a region of our own. Middle belt isn't north, Hausa/ Fulani North, Igbos East, Yorubas west. Igala, Idoma? How did these two tribes become north? We have nothing in common with Northerners. Igalas for example speak a yoroboid language, Igboish names and similar culture and market days. The Igalas and the igbos are related as far as history is concerned. We have no relationship with the northerners.

And who told you that your are considered northerners? The appendage North-Central is a political expression and nothing more. Is it Anambra you're shedding blood over oil with or Sokoto? We are miles apart and we have nothing in common as you rightly stated, except a common destiny as Nigerians which we must improve by uniting for prosperity.

If unworkable, we go our separate ways.
Re: Nigeria Will Divide by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jun 16, 2015
vayne:

It's not by force,they can choose to remain in the zoo if they want to,which is very unlikely.
it dos not nid 2 look likely..cus itsekiri kogi kwara r qoinq wit d west if niqeria divide.
Re: Nigeria Will Divide by 7lives: 5:56pm On Jun 16, 2015
Dollyak:

Intelligent posts. The problem is lack of unity between the southern region

Unity my jack ass, every man for himself God for all of us, the unity or should I say co operation that saw Biafra invading Ore or what?.
I would rather share a country with a Tuareg than a land grabbing marauder, southern Nigeria my ass.
Re: Nigeria Will Divide by pazienza(m): 6:51pm On Jun 16, 2015
leke12:
The only side still deciding Nigeria's fate is Southwest,had it been awolowo agreed with ojukwu there won't be anything call nigeria again. Let's view. It this way, imagine:1. if southwest decide to secede, the southeast and SS will never want to stay with d north. 2.and if southwest decided to stay the SS and SE won't be able to secede because the southwest won't want to stay alone with the north so it will boycott their every move and form an alliance with d north just like d civil war days. 3. For nigeria to break successfully without any bloodshed or war the whole southern protectorate will secede, and they must form alliance to do that. Forget actualization Biafra or niger delta republic without d southwest alliance it will jst cause senseless bloodshed. I agree the north is pulling us back in terms of civilization, hunger for power and freedom(southwest aren't that okay with it) but all the southern protectorate must first agree to break together and each can form their respective countries later. Peace!!!!

The Biafra war Alliance between Arewa-Odua had an element of surprise written over it, Ojukwu simply didn't factor in such a scenario in his plans.

Such a move if repeated by the SW in the future will no longer be effective, as Biafran commanders would be expecting it, you simply have lost your element of surprise.

The way I see it, SW will eventually end up as the Chechnya of a future Bokoharam Sharia Islamic kingdom of Arewa.

The North can never let SW go. Just as Russia let the rest of USSR go, but held unto Chechnya for strategic reasons, so will Arewa to Odua. Yorubas are in trouble.

And oh! Nigeria cannot break without bloodshed, no parasites frees its host without putting up a fight.
Re: Nigeria Will Divide by leke12(m): 6:57pm On Jun 16, 2015
pazienza:

The Biafra war Alliance between Arewa-Odua had an element of surprise written over it, Ojukwu simply didn't factor in such a scenario in his plans.

Such a move if repeated by the SW in the future will no longer be effective, as Biafran commanders would be expecting it, you simply have lost your element of surprise.

The way I see it, SW will eventually end up as the Chechnya of a future Bokoharam Sharia Islamic kingdom of Arewa.

The North can never let SW go. Just as Russia let the rest of USSR go, but held unto Chechnya for strategic reasons, so will Arewa to Odua. Yorubas are in trouble.

And oh! Nigeria cannot break without bloodshed, no parasites frees its host without putting up a fight.
yorubas are the largest single ethnic nation in Nigeria apart from d hausa/ fulani decoy, they are distinct sperate tribes. No one can old them hostage not even nigeria as a whole.
Re: Nigeria Will Divide by pazienza(m): 7:09pm On Jun 16, 2015
leke12:
yorubas are the largest single ethnic nation in Nigeria apart from d hausa/ fulani decoy, they are distinct sperate tribes. No one can old them hostage not even nigeria as a whole.

You don't know your history.

Why do you think Awo had to dump Ojukwu and accepted to be Gowon's "ball boy"?

Awo was not a believer in one Nigeria, yet he took the lowly position of Gowon's sidekick to ensure Biafra didn't secede, he sacrificed all to save the same country he felt was a mere geographical expression.
What do you think that made Awo do that?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Will Divide by vayne(m): 9:11pm On Jun 16, 2015
Omat4real:
it dos not nid 2 look likely..cus itsekiri kogi kwara r qoinq wit d west if niqeria divide.
Who are itshekiris, we talking real SS you are talking itshekiris. Mtcheww
Re: Nigeria Will Divide by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jun 16, 2015
Kindly remove iqbo out of dat list..yoruba dnt ave anytin in common with dem...nd u people shuld always mention d reqion u r referinq 2..wen u mention south..yoruba r south..but dnt join dem 2qther wit iqbos...odua is not d same as biafrud
hopelink1:
Everyone of you should now today that oneday oneday the great country Nigeria will disintegrate . i dont know if it is 100 years from now. it is time the south (igbo, yoruba or ijaws and the rest ) realize that the way we treat and relate together will determine how the NORTH will treat us . The SOUTH should be united IF they really want to be free
Re: Nigeria Will Divide by Nobody: 10:29pm On Jun 16, 2015
Kindly remove iqbo out of dat list..yoruba dnt ave anytin in common with dem...nd u people shuld always mention d reqion u r referinq 2..wen u mention south..yoruba r south..but dnt join dem 2qther wit iqbos...odua is not d same as biafrazoo
hopelink1:
Everyone of you should now today that oneday oneday the great country Nigeria will disintegrate . i dont know if it is 100 years from now. it is time the south (igbo, yoruba or ijaws and the rest ) realize that the way we treat and relate together will determine how the NORTH will treat us . The SOUTH should be united IF they really want to be free
Re: Nigeria Will Divide by sherlock229(m): 5:34pm On Oct 29, 2015
MEILYN:
You are a learner. Itsekiri, Igala, Idoma and the Igbos have a lot of things in common. The Igala language and the Itsekiri language sound Yoruba but it doesn't mean they are actually yorubas. Talk about culture and see how they relate.

you must be joking! I don't about igala because, I haven't seen anyone speaking it, but itsekiri I can understand 80% of the language and am Yoruba lol itsekiri will never leave their allies and join Igbo.
Re: Nigeria Will Divide by basilo101: 8:38pm On Oct 29, 2015
leke12:
hmm yorubas are just weighing options an average yoruba leader love to be on d safe side and their followers believe in their opinion."Imagine Gen ojukwu first attack was on SW(lagos & ondo) were as their enemy is in North which they can easily pass through benue via cross river or stay and protect their region. D mistrust between igbo and yoruba is intriguing I must say! Actually they can form alliance just for a common goal of violence free secession after its achieved, then each region can go for their self determination cause SE,SS &SW alliance can't last long, just to agree for a bloodless secession. Even the north will break into many parts especially the NW & NC.
which biafran enemy is in the North. do u kw history at all. Awolowo failed to declare odudwa republic as agreed because Gowon has stationed large troop of northern origin in Ibadan while he himself (gowon) was based in lag. awolowo, not being a military officer was overwhelmed and was compromised. even the biafran adventure to liberate yorubaland from nothern occupation was handed to a yorubaman, Victor Banjo. Una no de read history at all?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

You Think Buhari Was Embarrassed In Paris? (photos) / Breaking NNPC Increases Fuel Price Again!!!! Now @165 per liter. / Emir Of Bauchi Condemns News Reports Linking Him To Politicians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.