Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,160 members, 7,903,838 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 July 2024 at 10:03 PM

Why We Stopped Going To Church - P-square Speak Out - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why We Stopped Going To Church - P-square Speak Out (1813 Views)

Things You Should Never Ever Do Before Going To Bed / You Hate My Post Or Love It......speak Out Your Mind! / Photo- I Was Forced To Have Sex With My Pastor, Church Member Speak Out. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why We Stopped Going To Church - P-square Speak Out by citypeoplenews: 2:38pm On Jun 10, 2015

the duo of Peter and Paul Okoye of P-Square fame has stopped going to worship in any church since 2007, just about two years after they relocated to Lagos. Despite Peter and Paul’s penchant for fasting and prayers, they have not been going to church for close to a decade, but they insisted the action has not affectted their close relationship with God, and is also not a result of arrogance.

TON gathered that immediately the Okoye brothers relocated to Lagos between 2004 and 2005, they started attending a church somewhere around Ilupeju, where they first resided. They later stopped attending the church, and when they relocated to Omole Estate Phase 1, they gave a couple of churches a shot as well before eventually deciding to call it quits.

Peter, one of the brothers lamented his reasons “each time we attend, other worshipers would not listen to the Pastor’s sermon again. All eyes will just be on us. Instead of praying,
FULLS STORY : http://citynews.ng/why-we-stopped-going-to-church-p-square-speaks-out/
Re: Why We Stopped Going To Church - P-square Speak Out by ammyluv2002(f): 2:41pm On Jun 10, 2015
For their pocket undecided
Re: Why We Stopped Going To Church - P-square Speak Out by Mekybliss(f): 2:43pm On Jun 10, 2015
Mtweeeh. Thought someone fainted in any church they attend.
Re: Why We Stopped Going To Church - P-square Speak Out by GeneralQuamdeen: 2:48pm On Jun 10, 2015
In my own case too.. If i have so much money... I wont qo to church anymore... I will make church come to me.... By buildinq one in my compound and put the pastor on my pay roll

1 Like

Re: Why We Stopped Going To Church - P-square Speak Out by shawnfamous(m): 2:50pm On Jun 10, 2015
if u deny me infront of ur people i will deny u in front of my father

LOL....wetin b d name of d verse sef Abeg help me correct d statement and add d verse abeg!

If una enta hell no 1 go luck una face oo! Woni woju o yeh elelele lele
Re: Why We Stopped Going To Church - P-square Speak Out by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jun 10, 2015
sha I blame the poor congregants
but bro come my 10,000.00 seating capacity church...I doubt they will even notice ur presence tackles of scanning u..Full Life Christian centre!!!
Re: Why We Stopped Going To Church - P-square Speak Out by ibrams(m): 3:04pm On Jun 10, 2015
it is left for them to decide wat the want.....nah dere own cup of....*shaye*
Re: Why We Stopped Going To Church - P-square Speak Out by ramdris(m): 3:05pm On Jun 10, 2015
Shey na excuse b dis? angry
Re: Why We Stopped Going To Church - P-square Speak Out by VickyRotex(f): 3:06pm On Jun 10, 2015
What an excuse! Their life undecided
Re: Why We Stopped Going To Church - P-square Speak Out by shawnfamous(m): 3:09pm On Jun 10, 2015
brooklyn49:
sha I blame the poor congregants
but bro come my 10,000.00 seating capacity church...I doubt they will even notice ur presence tackles of scanning u..Full Life Christian centre!!!
u want mk half of d church run comot abi all dis 10,20,50 k capacity church u knw sey na youth full am pass! Even if comon small doctor sef go ur church

u urself go stand up
Re: Why We Stopped Going To Church - P-square Speak Out by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jun 10, 2015
shawnfamous:
u want mk half of d church run comot abi all dis 10,20,50 k capacity church u knw sey na youth full am pass! Even if comon small doctor sef go ur church

u urself go stand up

bro u wrong...we have many public figures, ranging from TV personalities to professors key political office holders too but no one give them such attention during service
Re: Why We Stopped Going To Church - P-square Speak Out by shawnfamous(m): 3:31pm On Jun 10, 2015
brooklyn49:

bro u wrong...we have many public figures, ranging from TV personalities to professors key political office holders too but no one give them such attention during service
did i jst c professors? Im talking abt celeb na
Re: Why We Stopped Going To Church - P-square Speak Out by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jun 10, 2015
shawnfamous:
did i jst c professors? Im talking abt celeb na

bro "TV personalities" is what??
y are u like this na..common English u no sabi
Re: Why We Stopped Going To Church - P-square Speak Out by yorke1: 3:47pm On Jun 10, 2015
Peter, one of the brothers lamented his reasons “each time we attend, other worshipers would not listen to the Pastor’s sermon again. All eyes will just be on us. Instead of praying,

If you were listening to the Pastor, you wouldn't notice all eyes on you.
Re: Why We Stopped Going To Church - P-square Speak Out by mbolu: 1:18pm On Jul 29, 2016
Go get some brains brother how can you put a man of God on a pay roll...dude watch what you say...kapsh..

(1) (Reply)

Human Kindness At It'a Peak / What Kind Of Reptiles Is This? / Same Girl (crowd Pleaser) | *leaked* 2017 New Nigerian Sex & Love Film

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.