Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,167 members, 7,943,222 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 09:11 AM

Eating At The Theater - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Eating At The Theater (744 Views)

Designing A Home Theater Cinema On A Budget / Picture Of Colorado Movie Theater Shooters And Court Update / Colorado Theater Shooting: 14 dead, 50 Wounded (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eating At The Theater by Ogaga4Luv(m): 11:39pm On Feb 20, 2009
My Little rant on food at the Movies,

it has become so crazy what you pay for Popcorn and a coke at the movies anymore. For instance last night someone I know paid over 5,000 franc for a chawama and a drink. I myself have paid that much for popcorn and a drink. Here recently I have noticed more and more people sneaking food in. I think that is such a great Idea. Pretty soon a coke will cost 1,200 franc and forget bout the popcorn. I know this where the theater makes their money, but the Literal raping of its customers has got to stop sooner or later. If they are going to charge that, then have better food. Maybe have an under_grand rd somewhere in the theater, or some other fast food company. Anyway, these are my thoughts. I am interested in hearing what everyone else has to say on this matter, embarassed
One_Love ,naija!!
Re: Eating At The Theater by mohawkchic(f): 6:01am On Feb 21, 2009
~Tell me about it!!I aint exactly bothered about buying any food if am not w/ my son but w/ kids you just have to do the kiddie options. . . Might as well eat out on the money that goes into Popcorn,Dorito's & Drink!! Having said that,we arent exactly Forced to buy the food at the Movies,we do have a choice afterall but for me its all part of the experince of going to the movies

~There's a thread about sneaking in Food at the movies,makes for an interesting read,am yet to indulge in tho!! undecided
Re: Eating At The Theater by Ogaga4Luv(m): 7:40am On Feb 21, 2009
actually we areint force to buy some food,but the major thing here is when Show start you wont like any distarction. . .what they sell at the Theatre in Abidjan are Drink ,Chawama ,porpcorn e.t.c
i love aeting before show,but something during show hours your find out your belly wont stop asking for more foods,and these are the main reason some people are sneaking out to buy some food during show,some people can get annoyed since sone maybe disturbing their attentions.,Wow! alot of experience @ the movies!! wink
Re: Eating At The Theater by mohawkchic(f): 5:27am On Feb 22, 2009
~Funny I like eating while watching the movie,even at home when i do home movies,i have my popcorn,coke . . other munchies . .there are other food outlets within  a couple of minute's walk from the cinema so i suppose some people choose to either eat afterwards,sneak in their muchies or buy the food at the Cinema!
Re: Eating At The Theater by Epi: 7:09am On Feb 22, 2009
do like me - pop your own popcorn/take your own juice to the movie.

I paid this amt the last time i bought food at the movie. price in US$. NEVER AGAIN.

1 hot dog - 4.00
1 soda (small) 3.50
1 small popcorn -3.50
1 pk of gummy bear - 3.50
Ticket -10.00
Re: Eating At The Theater by smurf1(f): 6:19pm On Feb 23, 2009
Arrgghhhh!!dont like it so much sha, and then again it depends on what you are eating too. undecided
Re: Eating At The Theater by iice(f): 3:50pm On Mar 12, 2009
Mehnnn it's been a while since i went to the theater but when i went to watch Watchmen, gud gawd! See price dem call for drinks and popcorn angry. It sucks coz the new theater i go to (i love it though) has no food joint near it, so i have to buy their popcorn or something angry coz like MC i love eating while watching.
Re: Eating At The Theater by Ogaga4Luv(m): 1:32am On Mar 14, 2009
"Wow"- ça es tre bien ,donc nous somme de même categorie alor. . . wink

(1) (Reply)

Pirate Dvds In Nigeria: Where Can You Get In Lonon / What Is Your Favourite Quote In Any Movie? / Baba Suwe Accused Of Beating Wife To Death?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.