Stats: 3,184,734 members, 7,924,370 topics. Date: Sunday, 18 August 2024 at 11:14 AM

Two Different Birth Years: One For Int'l Passport And The Other For Job - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Two Different Birth Years: One For Int'l Passport And The Other For Job (789 Views)

What Is The Difference Between Nigerian E-passport And International Passport / Does A Baby Need Passport And Visa / Nsk Passport And World Passport (2) (3) (4)

Two Different Birth Years: One For Int'l Passport And The Other For Job by Harbb: 10:31am On Feb 22, 2009
Please guys help my friend out.
It happened that my friend had acquired an International passport with a birth year1980 and now he got a job where he used his birth year as 1983. His place of work is about sending him for a training abroad. Please guys help! Should he present this his international passport with birth year 1980 or what? Please advise on what he should do. Thanks guys for your candid advise.
Re: Two Different Birth Years: One For Int'l Passport And The Other For Job by Nobody: 11:38am On Feb 22, 2009
Never fails to amaze me how dedicated Nigerians are to helping their "friends" straightem messes they've gotten themselves into.

Why not say it's you we're talking about here, and not a Phantom friend?

DeltaVAGTM
Re: Two Different Birth Years: One For Int'l Passport And The Other For Job by Busybody2(f): 2:02pm On Feb 22, 2009
Harbb:

Please guys help my friend out.
It happened that my friend had acquired an International passport with a birth year1980 and now he got a job where he used his birth year as 1983. His place of work is about sending him for a training abroad. Please guys help! Should he present this his international passport with birth year 1980 or what? Please advise on what he should do. Thanks guys for your candid advise.

IMHO, he should procure another passport with his 1983 birth year, otherwise he stands to lose his job if the deception is found out and he also stands to lose the one in a million chance to travel abroad cool

What is an "international passport" by the way undecided
Re: Two Different Birth Years: One For Int'l Passport And The Other For Job by kadman(m): 6:17pm On Feb 22, 2009
Siena:

Never fails to amaze me how dedicated Nigerians are to helping their "friends" straightem messes they've gotten themselves into.

Why not say it's you we're talking about here, and not a Phantom friend?

DeltaVAGTM

Reply if you have any suggestion,I don't see the use of all the speculation if not to derail the mans question
Re: Two Different Birth Years: One For Int'l Passport And The Other For Job by Tegese: 6:31pm On Feb 22, 2009
[size=50pt]TELL YOUR "FRIEND" TO COME HERE AND ASK THIS QUESTION HIMSELF[/size]
Re: Two Different Birth Years: One For Int'l Passport And The Other For Job by Nobody: 6:55pm On Feb 22, 2009
In which Company/country is this 

From what I know about Nigerian employers, HR could ask you for your birth certificate or Declaration of age as part of the employment process but I've never heard that they'll go back to verify that information with your passport data  undecided  just because you give it to them to facilitate procurement of the necessary visa(s) for business-related travel.

Don't know about Europe but most North American employers don't even ask to see your education certificates before giving you a job talk less of verifying personal information provided with your passport (can't fathom what they'd need that for sef, okay, maybe if you have to travel with a Nigerian passport).
Re: Two Different Birth Years: One For Int'l Passport And The Other For Job by Nobody: 11:37pm On Feb 22, 2009
kadman:

Reply if you have any suggestion,I don't see the use of all the speculation if not to derail the mans question

I have replied, and my "speculation" is well grounded.

The poster himself / herself is the subject of this thread, I see no reason why this fact can't be made known.

DeltaVAGTM
Re: Two Different Birth Years: One For Int'l Passport And The Other For Job by tpia: 1:23am On Feb 23, 2009

Travel Made Easy ( Contact Now For All Your Visa Processing And Be Rest Assured) / Do You Know You Can Travel Out By Ship To New Zealand / F1 Visa