Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,064 members, 7,883,691 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 02:31 PM

Best Antivirus To Use - Computers (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Best Antivirus To Use (98965 Views)

10 Online Antivirus To Secure Your Computer / Best Antivirus To Use "PC World USA" Big Review 2012" / Upgrade Or Renew Your 2010 Norton Antivirus To 2011 1year Subscription #1,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (43) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best Antivirus To Use by nairabest(m): 2:32pm On Jul 26, 2011
hello from my long experiance

avg free is the best
http://free.avg.com/gb-en/download

and when you really have something you must! check out this
http://www.hijackthis.de/ this kill every virus , and torch it
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by koukouk10: 3:27pm On Jul 27, 2011
G Data AntiVirus and G Data InternetSecurity 2012. Pretty new in the market !
The Software is made in Germany and well known in Europe and US ! Testwinner at AV Comparatives / Virus Bulletin !
Available for instance at Westgate / Computer Village. Comes in a very nice box incl. manual !

More infos here: www.mygdata.com

Re: Best Antivirus To Use by faragai24: 1:55pm On Jul 28, 2011
All antiviruses cant delete a virus called 'shortcut' or 'recycler' in my PC which i accidentally download from youtube pls help me out.
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by koukouk10: 2:00pm On Jul 28, 2011
I had the same Virus on my Laptop. I tried Norton to delete it but it wasn t working.
Finally I quärantined and later deleted the virus with G Data AntiVirus Software.

rgds
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by expensive007(m): 7:48pm On Jul 28, 2011
HOW DOES THIS G-DATA ANTIVIRUS WORK? HOW LONG CAN IT LAST I MEAN THE LICENCE CAN IT BE DOWNLOADED ON THE INTERNET? BCUS I WILL BE INTRESTED IN IT,
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by koukouk10: 7:58pm On Jul 28, 2011
Just check the link below , there you can see all infomation where to buy and so on ! License is always for 1 year !

http://www.mygdata.com/stores.html

rgds M.
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by GeorgeD1(m): 9:52am On Jul 29, 2011
nothing works better than mcafee my brother.

i'm thinking seriously of going back to that old trusted anti-virus!
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by denzel2009: 10:10am On Jul 29, 2011
Best antivirus is common sense!
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by skydancer: 6:28pm On Jul 29, 2011
denzel2009:

Best antivirus is common sense!
The problems with common sense are:
1. It is time costly
2. It cannot help when you give your pc to someone without it
3. It is not easy to acquire

So as you can see, you have to combine common sense with something like RoboSAM, you can search for it on Softpedia and download.
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by koukouk10: 6:40pm On Jul 29, 2011
The best is to check an independent test / review, like AV Comparatives ! They test 3 times a year all existing AntiVirus Software ! Just check the link below !

http://www.gdatasoftware.co.uk/about-g-data/press-centre/news/news-details/article/2255-gdata-internetsecurity-2012.html
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by skydancer: 6:47pm On Jul 29, 2011
koukouk10:

The best is to check an independent test / review, like AV Comparatives ! They test 3 times a year all existing AntiVirus Software ! Just check the link below !

http://www.gdatasoftware.co.uk/about-g-data/press-centre/news/news-details/article/2255-gdata-internetsecurity-2012.html

There are two problems with your suggestion koukouk. First, the link suggests it's talking strictly about internet security. Secondly, most of these tests are performed by people who have steady internet connections and barely care about hardware specs. The best thing to me, is what works, not what you're told.
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by koukouk10: 7:01pm On Jul 29, 2011
AV Comparatives is more than indepentent, even well known in Nigeria. By the way , InternetSecurity and AntiVirus is the almost the same thing !!!
Diffrence: InternetSecurity comes with extra Firewall, Parental Control etc. ! The Virus Engine is the same, always.

And again , without a regular Internet connection and updates from the net you are never fully protected because you can get the latest virus signatures !
If somebody is using a very slow system with less than 1 GB RAM he can forget about NORTON, MC Affee and so on, because they are eating a lot of system resources !

If the system is very slow AVIRA AntiVir and perhaps AVAST are the only two options ! (serious options)
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by denzel2009: 7:45pm On Jul 29, 2011
skydancer:

The problems with common sense are:
1. It is time costly
2. It cannot help when you give your pc to someone without it
3. It is not easy to acquire

So as you can see, you have to combine common sense with something like RoboSAM, you can search for it on Softpedia and download.
I know jare, I help people remove virus every other day and I wonder how on earth they could be infected with a powerful antivirus running. Then, I conclude it has to be lack of common sense.
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by skyliner: 4:35am On Jul 30, 2011
I strongly recommend Microsoft Security Essentials from Microsoft. Its free, very reliable, and never expires!
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by Researchguru: 6:05am On Jul 30, 2011
Timothy Iyke Kola
Research Guru
Hello My Wonderful 9ja Peeps, I'm Here To Tell U About A Wonderful And Latest Pc Tunneler Which I Discovered 3days Ago, It's As Fast As The Speed Of Light. I Would Like To Share It With U Including The Software To Be Used. Thats Not All, The Package Also Contain A Symbian Tunneler Which Makes U Browse Free As If U're Using A Computer And Freedom, Whereas It's Just A Symbian Fone. N.B It Works 4 All Applications, And Also U Dont Need Free Browsing Tweak Again 4 Ur Opera Becos The Tunneler Is Just Enough. I Will Be Giving This Package 4 Just #1000. If U're Interested Or Have Any Questions To Ask Kall Me On 08069348618. GOD BLESS 9JA
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by Nobody: 10:45am On Jul 30, 2011
skyliner:

I strongly recommend Microsoft Security Essentials from Microsoft. Its free, very reliable, and never expires!
I use it on my Windows 7. Very fast and effective. I like the way it updates itself. I would highly recommend it as well.
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by GeorgeD1(m): 3:26pm On Jul 30, 2011
yea, i heard a lot about microsoft security essentials and i'll make a note of it.

many people are a bit leary of anything from microsoft because of the suspicion
of bundled software but since most people who use this are speaking well of its
performance maybe i'll give it a try-when my norton susbcription expires.
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by koukouk10: 3:38pm On Jul 30, 2011
http://www.av-test.org/certifications?order=protection_desc&lang=en

In almost all of the latest reviews (online and magzines) is the Microsoft Security Solution on one of the last positions.
Especially the protection is quite poor , sad I would not risk it !
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by GeorgeD1(m): 3:51pm On Jul 30, 2011
well, reviewers can be bought so i wouldn't base my decisions solely on what
i read on pages of the internet!
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by koukouk10: 4:09pm On Jul 30, 2011
In Nigeria of course , but not in Europe or US. Besides who would have the maximum Power to buy all reviews ??
If somebody could , than only MICROSOFT !!
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by eset2011(f): 1:04pm On Aug 01, 2011
The most secure and reliable antivirus so far, is here. May be you have not tried said, as it is known that experience is the best teacher. You will have a wonderful experience and testimony. A trial will convince you.

You can also get for Free antivirus for a trail on their official website http://www.esetng.com/. Ckeckout this for the latest antivirus from ESET:

ESET Smart Security 4.2 and ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4.2
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by Nobody: 2:15am On Aug 02, 2011
George_D:

yea, i heard a lot about microsoft security essentials and i'll make a note of it.

many people are a bit leary of anything from microsoft because of the suspicion
of bundled software but since most people who use this are speaking well of its
performance maybe i'll give it a try-when my norton susbcription expires.
Forget about those ratings! I even uninstall the one in my computer, run many other antivirus and anti-malwares/spywares. I infest my computer with several malwares/spywares and viruses only to find out that MSE is quite as good as them if not even better. In MSE test the program is effective and very user friendly and  fast in detecting viruses even before scan.

One thing is that I am running the latest Version Microsoft Security Essentials 2.1.116 and it works magic in Windows 7.
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by moonraker(m): 2:39am On Aug 02, 2011
@ all4naija

Correct. I use to use Eset which was good but i discovered that it hogged down my system

so i switched to MSE which was the shit,
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by Presegs(m): 10:37am On Aug 02, 2011
All antiviruses cant delete a virus called 'shortcut' or 'recycler' in my PC which i accidentally download from youtube pls help me out.

Folders turned to shortcuts or applications?Find the one step solution @ www.presegsunderstanding..com
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by GeorgeD1(m): 6:35pm On Aug 02, 2011
hmmm! looks like mse is steadily gaining in word of mouth rankings - in spite of what so called
knowlegeable 'reviewers' are saying on their webpages! smiley
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by Nobody: 12:09am On Aug 03, 2011
George_D:

hmmm! looks like mse is steadily gaining in word of mouth rankings - in spite of what so called
knowlegeable 'reviewers' are saying on their webpages! smiley
Sorry, I know what I am talking about. The latest version is very effective. It might not work very well on XP but very good in detecting and quarantine of viruses in Windows 7. I don't care what you say or the PC world tests look like but what I know is what I pointed out.
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by adey4real: 9:55am On Aug 03, 2011
moonraker:

@ all4naija

Correct. I use to use Eset which was good but i discovered that it hogged down my system

so i switched to MSE which was the poo,

It real depends on the your system configuration but non the less, eset is an antivirus that can reliable on, It has been proved over and over agian. chout out their latest BUY-OUT promo.

It's just superb

Re: Best Antivirus To Use by adey4real: 10:01am On Aug 03, 2011
You can still get more info @ www.esetng.com or the poster below

Re: Best Antivirus To Use by GeorgeD1(m): 5:43pm On Aug 03, 2011
all4naija:

Sorry, I know what I am talking about. The latest version is very effective. It might not work very well on XP but very good in detecting and quarantine of viruses in Windows 7. I don't care what you say or the PC world tests look like but what I know is what I pointed out.

all4naija,
relax we're both on the same page. i'm switching to mse as soon as my bundled norton expires.

by the way i'm on win 7 too so that should just be fine!
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by denzel2009: 5:56pm On Aug 03, 2011
George_D:

all4naija,
relax we're both on the same page. i'm switching to mse as soon as my bundled norton expires.

by the way i'm on win 7 too so that should just be fine!
Norton itself is a virus.
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by moonraker(m): 6:45am On Aug 04, 2011
denzel2009:

Norton itself is a virus.

RT, Norton, Macafee, Bit defender, AVAST and recently, ESET.

My system is powerful enough to handle any software but i tell u that there

is a difference in task getting done when using MSE and other AVs. MSE was designed for

windows 7 so guess thats y such a difference exists in the first place.
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by GeorgeD1(m): 5:54pm On Aug 04, 2011
denzel,
it takes a thief to catch a thief, don't you think?

btw, the 'norton virus' on my win 7 seems to be doing a pretty good job
catching fellow viruses! as long as my system continues to run squeaky clean,
i should worry! wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (43) (Reply)

Dos And Don'ts Of This Section / Come in for your Budget friendly US|UK used Laptop deals (Updated) / USA Used HP Elite Book 1040 Core I7 For Sale.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.