Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,566 members, 7,934,714 topics. Date: Thursday, 29 August 2024 at 12:09 PM

Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Beat Women - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Beat Women (11131 Views)

Lady About To Travel To Lagos To Beat Up Her Cousin And Her Ex Boyfriend / "When It Comes To Women, Nigerian Men Are The Kings Of Africa" - South African / Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Beat Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Beat Women by jrerico1(m): 6:44pm On Jun 14, 2015
MrsChima:

You must be Yoruba?
Am Urhobo, I better remain single than staying with am impudent woman, so I'll leave
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Beat Women by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jun 14, 2015
lefulefu:

bros a number of them have dis militant outlook and i no agree with u on dat oo.its not all feminist who were maltreated by men in the past....ooo.some of them just prefer to be dat way.anyway i pray for the day naija will have a female presido but i wouldnt hope for her to be a feminist coz she go just line all the men for firing squard dey shoot them grin
yeah not necessarily directly at them maybe another some men maltreated them or their mom or their friends or their relation or their loved ones, the thing won't just spin off. Well the best thing is to avoid them because the tend to see most things as opposition or competition between them and guys.

1 Like

Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Beat Women by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jun 14, 2015
MrsChima:

I was instructed by my e-husband to refrain from feminist talk on this thread but I will answer you on another thread.
TRANSLATION = I have no reasonable reason to disprove this for now.
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Beat Women by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jun 14, 2015
MrsChima:

I was instructed by my e-husband to refrain from feminist talk on this thread but I will answer you on another thread.
TRANSLATION = I have no reasonable reason to disprove this for now. Hahahahahaha alright dear.
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Beat Women by MrsChima(f): 6:47pm On Jun 14, 2015
jrerico1:
Am Urhobo, I better remain single that staying with am impudent woman, so I'll leave

Hmmmm. You are better off gay because women will disappoint you even the top women will disappoint you and if your answer is to beat her than you should remain single.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Beat Women by MrsChima(f): 6:48pm On Jun 14, 2015
icedbeatz:

TRANSLATION = I have no reasonable reason to disprove this for now. Hahahahahaha alright dear.

That is your dream huh? grin
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Beat Women by blackpanther25(m): 6:54pm On Jun 14, 2015
MrsChima:

Boo can you tame your eyebrows? You are cute. kiss
Thanks babe. Lol will never tame them, can't you see they are my selling point. Girls go crazy over my eyebrows tongue
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Beat Women by logica(m): 6:58pm On Jun 14, 2015
blackpanther25:
Definitely from the West. These niggas get orgasms from beating women
Do you suffer from premature orgasm or what? Last time I checked, you didn't start the thread.
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Beat Women by czarr(m): 7:00pm On Jun 14, 2015
SemuhleB:
Am not generalising that's why I am asking but by some of the comments it seems it's okay to beat women. No man can ever beat me and get away with it angry
......congratulations, clap for yasef
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Beat Women by czarr(m): 7:00pm On Jun 14, 2015
SemuhleB:
Am not generalising that's why I am asking but by some of the comments it seems it's okay to beat women. No man can ever beat me and get away with it angry
......congratulations, clap for yasef angry
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Beat Women by RoyalPearl(f): 7:04pm On Jun 14, 2015
all4naija:

You are really a barbarian. Primitive man brought out of the cave. You need to move back in there. angry lipsrsealed cry
I never knew there would be a day where I would agree with you about something.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Beat Women by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jun 14, 2015
RoyalPearl:
You've agreed with me a lot of times before. This is an exaggeration.
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Beat Women by blackpanther25(m): 7:09pm On Jun 14, 2015
logica:
Do you suffer from premature orgasm or what? Last time I checked, you didn't start the thread.
This yoruba guy is hurt. Pele
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Beat Women by blackpanther25(m): 7:12pm On Jun 14, 2015
RoyalPearl:
Hey beautiful. It's been a long time. How you doing? Don't mind those primitive Yolobas. That's how they are. Women beaters. If you ever have to date a Nigerian. Don't go for Yoloba or you will be singing all Nigerian men are bad grin.
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Beat Women by RoyalPearl(f): 7:13pm On Jun 14, 2015
all4naija:
You've agreed with me a lot of times before. This an exaggeration.
Really? Lol I don't remember
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Beat Women by RoyalPearl(f): 7:17pm On Jun 14, 2015
blackpanther25:
Hey beautiful. It's been a long time. How you doing? Don't mind those primitive Yolobas. That's how they are. Women beaters. If you ever have to date a Nigerian. Don't go for Yoloba or you will be singing all Nigerian men are bad grin.
it has been long. I don't see you on the thread anymore. Am good and you? Stop being tribalistic angry
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Beat Women by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jun 14, 2015
MrsChima:

That is your dream huh? grin
Not at all but your reality.
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Beat Women by blesszzy(m): 7:48pm On Jun 14, 2015
SemuhleB:

Lol. Are u sure about that. If you are so sure about it, then come here and we shall see!
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Beat Women by MrsChima(f): 7:55pm On Jun 14, 2015
icedbeatz:

Not at all but your reality.

I will take that as a yes. grin
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Beat Women by ronald4lif(m): 7:58pm On Jun 14, 2015
icedbeatz:

Hahshahahahahahahahaha Mrschima the crazy aged woman Hahahahahaha relax before I call your doctor ok?
Mrschima I'll love to see equality on both sexes but sadly it can never ever ever be achieved. I'm a realist and that's my perception, the female will either be above the male (e.g u.s, u.k and more) or the male above the female and I have many reasons to back that up.
1. God never planned it to be that way, he created woman to be a man's helper and lover for the man to love, protect, care and provide for. a man's better half and never to be equal but if any of you have anything opposing to this religiously bring it.
2. can any of you name a country where both sexes have equal rights after so many years this feminism thing started?
3. if it's achievable why are certain responsibilities are assigned to men and vice versa?
well y'all feminists can continue having a blast.
@ronald 4lif can sex equality be achieved?

I guess you mean gender equality?. Well, I don't think the can ever be an even and exact egalitarianism on a household but its attainable on other ramifications of life. In a family is unrealistic. There can only be a close to equality in a household for one person has to have an edge. There's a problem when the man attempt to have enormous powers which could lead to subjugating the woman and making her a subordinate.

So to your question if the can be a gender equality - it's yes and no. Yes, in political, corporations, jobs opportunity and socio-economic strata but no in a household. A household can only be closed to equalness but I don't think functionalities can ever be even.

1 Like

Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Beat Women by MrsChima(f): 8:09pm On Jun 14, 2015
ronald4lif:

I guess you mean gender equality?. Well, I don't think the can ever be an even and exact egalitarianism on a household but its attainable on other ramifications of life. In a family is unrealistic. There can only be a close to equality in a household for one person has to have an edge. There's a problem when the man attempt to have enormous powers which could lead to subjugating the woman and making her a subordinate.

So to your question if the can be a gender equality - it's yes and no. Yes, in political, corporations, jobs opportunity and socio-economic strata but no in a household. A household can only be closed to equalness but I don't think functionalities can ever be even.

There are households where both the man and woman shares equal footing in the home Many of them are still married 30 years strong. Yes, when it comes to emergency situations the man will make an executive decision however for the most part the husband consult with the wife before decisions are made. It is a team effort that succeed the family and not dictatorship as many men seems to run their household by.

It can be done and it has been done. You don't want to and that's okay. kiss

1 Like

Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Beat Women by ronald4lif(m): 8:25pm On Jun 14, 2015
MrsChima:

There are households where both the man and woman shares equal footing in the home Many of them are still married 30 years strong. Yes, when it comes to emergency situations the man will make an executive decision however for the most part the husband consult with the wife before decisions are made. It is a team effort that succeed the family and not dictatorship as many men seems to run their household by.

It can be done and it has been done. You don't want to and that's okay. kiss

What does the emboldened tell you?. It's in tandem with my postulation and we all know it's a combine effort to have a successful home. My point, however, is that there are situations where someone is expected to chair-lead and make drastic decisions in the family and this is where the man takes leadership.

There are some instances and decision making the woman chair-leads too but in most cases the man steer the ship. Equal footing is unrealistic in a household all the time. How can there be 'even' equality when a man still makes most decisions?. Close to it yes, but not exact.
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Beat Women by MrsChima(f): 8:35pm On Jun 14, 2015
ronald4lif:

What does the emboldened tell you?. It's in tandem with my postulation and we all know it's a combine effort to have a successful home. My point, however, is that there are situations where someone is expected to cheerlead and make drastic decisions in the family and this is where the man takes leadership.

There are some instances and decision making the woman cheerleads too but in most cases the man steer the ship. Equal footing is unrealistic in a household all the time. How can there be 'even' equality when a man still makes most decisions?. Close to it yes, but not exact.

Just because you don't think equal footing in the home is unrealistic doesn't mean there aren't any homes that follows that structure and succeed.

It is common practice that men will make executive decisions without their wives because men think that's what they are supposed to do. If their women don't have an issue with it...good! It is unrealistic for society to think that a man should male executive decisions especially if he is not cognitively endowed or have common sense. It is my opinion that no all men are fit or trained to lead so therefore equal footing is becoming and nexessary.

Would you allows an illiterate surgeon to operate on you? No.
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Beat Women by sexylogan(m): 7:30am On Jun 16, 2015
SemuhleB:
Stop hating now boo. I don't see myself superior to men. But as equals. In fact I love strong black manly men who take charge and can lead
Am not looking to be a man or replace a man but there is no ways I will support women beating. It just ain't right

Any man who beats a woman is unworthy of her love.
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Beat Women by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jun 16, 2015
sexylogan:

Any man who beats a woman is unworthy of her love.
but funny enough there are some ladies right here in naija who would tell u that they would prefer to date a guy who would smack them coz thats a way they believe thats a way a man ought to instil his authority.ask some of the girls why they left their boyfriend and they will tell u the reason is that he is too soft and that when they provoke him he does not say anything.Explains the reason why many say they love to date bad boys grin.
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Beat Women by NaijaHulk: 2:04pm On Jun 17, 2015
There are always 2 sides to a coin.

Some men are beasts and would be barbaric and beat the homeliest and most-angelic woman. those are the ones that need to be checked. and possibly locked behind bars sef...

Some women sef dia mouth nah winsh and can provoke the most gentlemanly of all men... Those are the ones that need to be disciplined since their parents refused to give them home training. but discipline at your own peril coz nah jail you go do your 30th and 40th birthday! hahahahahaha... Either way, you are facked... so best to avoid and ignore them altogether when choosing a life partner.

best to avoid the types of people described above so you can have peace of mind and not spend ur life behind bars fore beating a woman. or the rest of your life being the subject of verbal abuse and disrespectful woman. Or worse still a punching bag for those barbaric men. I don talk my own ooo...

3 Likes

Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Beat Women by Guk: 2:53pm On Jun 24, 2015
SemuhleB:
Okay so here goes. I have a few Nigerian male friends and a couple of days ago this is what one of them said to me " Here in South Africa you women are too free". Every little beating then you call the police. In Nigeria if a police came the first thing they would ask you is what is your relationship between the lady, and if it's your Gf/wife the police would leave you to continue. Beatings is how you keep women in check.

After hearing this I was appalled but then I began to understand why a lot of Nigerian men beat their girlfriends and wife's here. So is it really a cultural thing, that it is okay for men to beat women? Do the police really not do anything about this?

It is certainly not a Cultural thing!!! and it is not condoned though it happens.

A number of things can lead to a man beating a woman but talking from a man's point of view, i would just simply walk away.....thats me but not everyone has the required self control. If you ever find yourself pushed to the wall and you do it, then you have to regret it and seek to compensate in whatever manner you deem fit. If you do it repeatedly, then you need serious help
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Beat Women by A40(m): 8:51pm On Jan 10, 2016
SemuhleB:
Okay so here goes. I have a few Nigerian male friends and a couple of days ago this is what one of them said to me " Here in South Africa you women are too free". Every little beating then you call the police. In Nigeria if a police came the first thing they would ask you is what is your relationship between the lady, and if it's your Gf/wife the police would leave you to continue. Beatings is how you keep women in check.

After hearing this I was appalled but then I began to understand why a lot of Nigerian men beat their girlfriends and wife's here. So is it really a cultural thing, that it is okay for men to beat women? Do the police really not do anything about this?
Lol this chic what is your agenda? Physical abuse is prevalent everywhere na? No be for your obodo southie Amputee shoot him girlfriend. Haha pls chill oo
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Beat Women by SemuhleB(f): 9:24pm On Jan 10, 2016
A40:

Lol this chic what is your agenda? Physical abuse is prevalent everywhere na? No be for your obodo southie Amputee shoot him girlfriend. Haha pls chill oo

I see you going through my posts grin
On a serious note it was just a question. Off course there is physical abuse everywhere but it just seemed like it's more cultural and accepted by ya'll. I mean if the police had to see a man beating a woman the guy would immediately be arrested no questions ask. Don't take it personal just asking. A friend who dated a Nigerian guy was always threatened to be beaten like it was nothing. He told her if he sees her with another guy he will best her. If she doesn't stop with the 'attitude" he will be at her cry
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Beat Women by A40(m): 11:20pm On Jan 10, 2016
SemuhleB:

I see you going through my posts grin
On a serious note it was just a question. Off course there is physical abuse everywhere but it just seemed like it's more cultural and accepted by ya'll. I mean if the police had to see a man beating a woman the guy would immediately be arrested no questions ask. Don't take it personal just asking. A friend who dated a Nigerian guy was always threatened to be beaten like it was nothing. He told her if he sees her with another guy he will best her. If she doesn't stop with the 'attitude" he will be at her cry
Lol cos you're a pretty young chica grin Assuming that's you on the profile. And I'd like to know your gripe with Naija men and see if I can perhaps cure you of it.

Violence against women is fairly common in Sub Saharan Africa even in your darling SA I'm sure if we check the stats of rape and domestic abuse it would be very little separating both countries (Naija/SA) the focus should be on how it can be eradicated and not who indulges in it more because I don't see what difference it makes.

And no it is not normal for Nigerian Men to beat Nigerian women. I have never beaten my woman and I am completely against men beating a woman. Or any sort of violence in a relationship

1 Like

Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Beat Women by SemuhleB(f): 3:45pm On Jan 11, 2016
A40:

Lol cos you're a pretty young chica grin Assuming that's you on the profile. And I'd like to know your gripe with Naija men and see if I can perhaps cure you of it.

Violence against women is fairly common in Sub Saharan Africa even in your darling SA I'm sure if we check the stats of rape and domestic abuse it would be very little separating both countries (Naija/SA) the focus should be on how it can be eradicated and not who indulges in it more because I don't see what difference it makes.

And no it is not normal for Nigerian Men to beat Nigerian women. I have never beaten my woman and I am completely against men beating a woman. Or any sort of violence in a relationship
Honestly I don't have anything against Nigerians. I have some as friends and I think you guys are funny. It's just dating wise is just a no no for me that's all smiley
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Beat Women by A40(m): 11:29pm On Jan 11, 2016
SemuhleB:
Honestly I don't have anything against Nigerians. I have some as friends and I think you guys are funny. It's just dating wise is just a no no for me that's all smiley
Omo you need to change that mindset oo. You can't date someone based on their nationality? Something that they don't control or have the ability to choose? So you meet someone ideal who you like who perhaps doesn't know about his heritage then suddenly finds out he is Nigerian then *poof* you disappear?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Toni Braxton, 52, Show Her Nude Picture To Show Off Her Incredible Body(photo) / Who Has Noticed This About ladies At The Mall (pics) / Why Do Reasonable People Elope?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.