Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,316 members, 7,943,780 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 01:12 AM

Education In This Part Of The World - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education In This Part Of The World (324 Views)

Oando Foundation Impacts Primary Education In Nigeria | Thought Leaders Nigeria / Impact Of Education In Nigeria / Entrpreneurship And Vocational Education In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Education In This Part Of The World by Barbsjay(m): 4:49pm On Jun 14, 2015
I am a university undergraduate if you care to know.I discovered myself and my predestined profession when I was in Junior Secondary School 3 when I was to choose my preferred department. I chose the Art department but my parent and some relatives contested and made me to go for commercial department which I did throughout my Senior Secondary School. After years of failed attempt to the university I then went back to my initial position which nobody could raise an eyebrow because I was of full age and capacity to make a decision. My next application to the Uni became successful. Anyway that is not the main gist but there is a lesson there.
Having met myself in the uni I have met different lecturers with different ways of teaching and assessment. My dear, there is no difference between some of our universities and the Secondary school I left. Just a bigger structure. All some lecturers want is that you regurgitate what they have given in the class,word for word, and have your A. Crammers are the most brilliant here. While some lecturers will appreciate personal thought and researches thus preparing the mind of the student and not just cramming from textbooks of which they will forget before the beginning of another semester. This is funny, some assessments are based on sentiments.
As for me,I won't let the stupid Judgment of lecturers or an examination result determine my success in life. Discover yourself,know your ability and capability and be deligent in your chosen profession, don't let some test or exam result discourage you.I will conclude with a question; if all the certificates of a first class student,who falls in the crammers category got burnt and there is no copy left anywhere,what will be left of him in our Jobless society when he lacks ideas and he is not thoughtful.

1 Like

Re: Education In This Part Of The World by opeaceo: 5:05pm On Jun 14, 2015
op, I love your write up.

Some lecturers in the system don't know Jack, they come to class, say jargons and you "must" write down the jargons in the exam.

Our system has made our lecturers imbibe the art if "schooling" and not of education.

(1) (Reply)

Be Nairacoded Face Of The Week Now / Actress & Singer Tomi Odunsi Releases New Promo Photos | TCD Photography / Your Skin Care Review Thoughts And Also Your Complete

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.