Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,746 members, 7,941,835 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 02:12 PM

9 Smart Ways To Say No To Your Boss Without Losing Your Job - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 9 Smart Ways To Say No To Your Boss Without Losing Your Job (24329 Views)

What Is The Best Way To Handle A Randy Boss Without Losing Your Job? / How Do I Turn Down My Boss' Advances Without Losing My Job? (please Advice) / 6 Tips On How To Avoid Losing Your Temper At Work (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 9 Smart Ways To Say No To Your Boss Without Losing Your Job by Tenim47(m): 12:00pm On Jun 19, 2015
Den ur boss is nt serious abt it
Re: 9 Smart Ways To Say No To Your Boss Without Losing Your Job by BrainnewsNg(f): 12:00pm On Jun 19, 2015
superior1:
The only true smart way is to start your own company

Hmmmmm! With MOUTH?
Re: 9 Smart Ways To Say No To Your Boss Without Losing Your Job by MEILYN(m): 12:02pm On Jun 19, 2015
If you know say work don tire you, you no go resign? I think that solves the problem.
Re: 9 Smart Ways To Say No To Your Boss Without Losing Your Job by Mairaguent: 12:08pm On Jun 19, 2015
Hmmm why are you willing to say No to your Boss? If we work accordingly and on merit then why our boss will against us. So be positive and think positive and also work positive to avoid angry of our boss.
Re: 9 Smart Ways To Say No To Your Boss Without Losing Your Job by magabounce(m): 12:14pm On Jun 19, 2015
[size=30pt]Hian!!!!!!
Tried Number 1...
I got 4 days working suspension!!!!!
[/size]
grin grin grin grin grin grin Female Bosses are Yeevillllllll
Re: 9 Smart Ways To Say No To Your Boss Without Losing Your Job by Richy4(m): 12:17pm On Jun 19, 2015
Others might work but do not try number 6. It doesn't work any where in the world without painting different picture of you.. lazy, grumpy when given a job to do.

How about promotion? Would you rather your boss give it to someone else.
Re: 9 Smart Ways To Say No To Your Boss Without Losing Your Job by stobery(m): 12:46pm On Jun 19, 2015
Tell him you are HIV positive...you don't need stress grin
Re: 9 Smart Ways To Say No To Your Boss Without Losing Your Job by Escobapablo(m): 1:02pm On Jun 19, 2015
pls , wht happened to 'yes sir'? If d situation doesnt change for him to know his wrong orders soon, naturally, then u'd better start thinking of leaving. Thats mine. 'Yes sir' secures d job far better than any body language suggesging a 'no' answer. U can succeed in saying 'no' bt remember there is appraisals. As much as we all hate d word eye service, it really works to keep ur job. Infact it was taught in school, only wt a different name. So... Yes sir, eye service, yes sir , eye service. Death hero , not my style.

1 Like

Re: 9 Smart Ways To Say No To Your Boss Without Losing Your Job by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jun 19, 2015
some of these tips can get you into trouble with a domineering boss...

1 Like

Re: 9 Smart Ways To Say No To Your Boss Without Losing Your Job by mightycrown1(m): 1:05pm On Jun 19, 2015
THIS CAN ONLY WORK FOR THE BOSS THAT REALLY DID NOT WANT TO SEE YOUR UNDER BUT JUST TRYING TO KNOW THE KIND OF EMPLOYEE YOU ARE. THE REAL DON THAT NEED YOU UNDER HIM CANT BE WON WITH THESE POINTS.
Re: 9 Smart Ways To Say No To Your Boss Without Losing Your Job by Gasout(m): 1:21pm On Jun 19, 2015
If really the poster is currently working. I bet you, he wouldn't dare try any of those points mentioned.

You could've explained to us how you've used any of those points and how successful it is.

1 Like

Re: 9 Smart Ways To Say No To Your Boss Without Losing Your Job by lovemko(m): 1:43pm On Jun 19, 2015
Koroaso:
**********THE ORIGINAL POSTER IS UNEMPLOYED AND IS SERIOUSLY SEEKING EMPLOYMENT****************

**********GO TO WORK TODAY SAY NO TO YOUR BOSS AND CREATE VACANCY IN YOUR WORK PLACE**********
cracking my ribs ohh...
i believe dis ur concept oh
Re: 9 Smart Ways To Say No To Your Boss Without Losing Your Job by lyman720(m): 2:18pm On Jun 19, 2015
naijainfogalery:
Some people will just write up something as if they are not in Nigeria, Nigerian bosses are the worst to work with, they will offer you stipens and still expect you to do the work of 5 people. A Nigerian boss generally doesnt see the need to pay you well or employ more people when the workload is getting crazy, lemme give replies to these questions like an average employer will reply you

1. Remind Your Boss Of Your Current Workload -
Ans: I thought you said you can multi task and work under pressure when we were interviewing you

2. Say No Without Really Saying No -
Ans: Get the documents on my table before noon, dont care how you gonna do it

3. Plan On Making Changes To Your Schedule
Ans: You better make sure your plans are according to my schedule

4. Question Your Boss’s Needs
Ans: You are fired!!!

5. Pitch An Alternative Solution
Ans: So if you know better than i do how come you havent started your own company

6. Suggest Colleagues
Ans: Excuse me, i gave you a task you want to push it to someone else, are you alright?

7. Communicate Your Limits
I thought you said you can achieve any task under any circumstance, should we review what you said during interview?

8. Make Sure Everything Is Clear From The Beginning
Ans: You wouldnt have been employed in the first place, cos we dont employ based on your limits

9. Schedule A Meeting
Ans: Never in your life schedule a meeting with me, i am the boss i schedule meetings for my subordinates

U too much joor...U have spoken well.
Re: 9 Smart Ways To Say No To Your Boss Without Losing Your Job by Rawar: 3:03pm On Jun 19, 2015
Iam ur boss abi. My wish is alway ur command abi. We not going to start upstair drawing just tim I'm ok cry
Re: 9 Smart Ways To Say No To Your Boss Without Losing Your Job by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jun 19, 2015
Permit me to say that this is pretty impracticable and wishy-washy.
Re: 9 Smart Ways To Say No To Your Boss Without Losing Your Job by donholy28(m): 5:25pm On Jun 19, 2015
If ur boss na bank manager e fit work no be when u be security guard or gateman.
Re: 9 Smart Ways To Say No To Your Boss Without Losing Your Job by Ola64(m): 11:29pm On Jun 19, 2015
SaniSANOH:

Source: http://inspower.co/ways-to-say-no-to-your-boss/

I simply put everything in black and white. I was explicit on why I must handle a task and why I shouldn't.
Re: 9 Smart Ways To Say No To Your Boss Without Losing Your Job by wahabest(m): 1:28am On Jun 20, 2015
Write on other ways. These can't work at all.[b][/b]

(1) (2) (Reply)

Polaris Bank Contract Staff Threaten Strike Over Salary Disparity / 6 People You Need Around You To Help You Succeed / ICAN November 2019 Diet (skills Level) Lets Meet Here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.