Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,980 members, 7,973,385 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 03:32 PM

Which Is Better For Nigeria: Breaking Up Or Ethnic Mixing? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Which Is Better For Nigeria: Breaking Up Or Ethnic Mixing? (4469 Views)

Nigeria Breaking News Today / R / Buhari:for Nigeria To Divide Now, It Is Better For All Of Us To Jump Into Sea (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Is Better For Nigeria: Breaking Up Or Ethnic Mixing? by Dollyak(f): 1:58pm On Jun 15, 2015
PentiumPro:
Nigeria should let Ibos go.
There will be peace and progress in Nigeria once those cave dwellers are let go.
They are not wired to dwell in peace with anyone.
While we are at it, we should also let the fulanis go as well. Fulanis are responsible for more tribal murder than any other region in Nigeria, so why can't we also let them go as well?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Is Better For Nigeria: Breaking Up Or Ethnic Mixing? by Dollyak(f): 2:00pm On Jun 15, 2015
BackDatAssUp:

E is showing another re-run of Keeping Up with the Kardashians
Try and make sense for once in your miserable life. Why should I hold a conversation with an idiott? Keep it moving
Re: Which Is Better For Nigeria: Breaking Up Or Ethnic Mixing? by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jun 15, 2015
Dollyak:
In a more reasonable world an integration of different ethnicity would be better. But for an uncivilised country as Nigeria, it is better in the long run both economically and socially, for each tribes to break up and be independent. An European union style integration is a better proposition.
Apart from Hausa, Igbo and Yoruba do you know how many tribes exists in Nigeria? In that case about 370 countries will come out of Nigeria alone which is about twice the total number of countries on earth. Lol
Ethnic integration is not a difficult thing to achieve. The government has the power to achieve that but unwilling to do so for one reason or the other. The ethnic composition of Nigeria is not an excuse why things ain't working. We are only using it as an excuse to cover up our deficiency. If your tribe breaks away from Nigeria I am 100% certain you will still remain poor. So what's the use? The problem we have in our hands is just beyond what a break up can solve.

2 Likes

Re: Which Is Better For Nigeria: Breaking Up Or Ethnic Mixing? by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jun 15, 2015
Dollyak:

Try and make sense for once in your miserable life. Why should I hold a conversation with an idiott? Keep it moving

Also you could check out Telemundo Channel for the latest Mexican Soaps.
Re: Which Is Better For Nigeria: Breaking Up Or Ethnic Mixing? by SB22: 2:26pm On Jun 15, 2015
Ontarget:

And that would have been prevented if an ethnic mix across the country existed. Your village would never have been shelled cos the war would have happened in the first place. Igbos wanted to take advantage of their concentration in a particular region of the country to break away. Its another clear reason why its dangerous for only a particular tribe to occupy one part of the country.
Bro, your ignorance is sickening.
As at 1903, Azikiwe's parents were already in Zungeru, Niger State.
which ethnic group is present in virtually every part of Nigeria ??
As at independence, the Igbos' have already crisscrossed nigeria; they were mixing with their "hosts" in all parts of the country.
All the other ethnic groups that make up nigeria need to borrrow a leaf from them. All the others need to start mixing not the Igbos cos they've already mixed too much as it is. That was why the pogrom of 1966 was able to happen.
Any part of Nigeria i go to and i don't see an Igbo man there, God knows i won't spend a night there.

10 Likes

Re: Which Is Better For Nigeria: Breaking Up Or Ethnic Mixing? by cheruv: 2:37pm On Jun 15, 2015
Dollyak:
In a more reasonable world an integration of different ethnicity would be better. But for an uncivilised country as Nigeria, it is better in the long run both economically and socially, for each tribes to break up and be independent. An European union style integration is a better proposition.
Even though I'd wanna be with my hybrid sweetheart, Dollyak..its also honor bound on me to march out with our army if they're marching out.
For the glory of imperial Biafra cool

4 Likes

Re: Which Is Better For Nigeria: Breaking Up Or Ethnic Mixing? by cheruv: 2:42pm On Jun 15, 2015
Curlieweed:

1 million likes for your insight. Are you sure you be Naija woman? Clear logical thought process. The absofucking truth.
The clarity of her thought process of what attracted me to her..her mind belong to those I call the unsullied kiss
Re: Which Is Better For Nigeria: Breaking Up Or Ethnic Mixing? by cheruv: 2:50pm On Jun 15, 2015
SB22:
As at independence, the Igbos' have already crisscrossed nigeria; they were mixing with their "hosts" in all parts of the country.
All the other ethnic groups that make up nigeria need to borrrow a leaf from them. All the others need to start mixing not the Igbos cos they've already mixed too much as it is. That was why the pogrom of 1966 was able to happen.
Any part of Nigeria i go to and i don't see an Igbo man there, God knows i won't spend a night there.
Its good to have you here and its even better you're not Igbo cheesy ..the homeland of almost 40M people is occupied yet the occupiers give one excuse or the other why the homeland should be under occupation angry
By the way brother, which ethnic nation are you from?
Re: Which Is Better For Nigeria: Breaking Up Or Ethnic Mixing? by SOUNDKING: 3:03pm On Jun 15, 2015
PentiumPro:
There will be peace and progress in Nigeria once those cave dwellers are let go.
busted, you are one of those people carrying post cards, in the anti Igbo protest, hahaha got you. Jeallosy and hatred are two things that brought curse to Cain.

3 Likes

Re: Which Is Better For Nigeria: Breaking Up Or Ethnic Mixing? by PentiumPro(f): 3:04pm On Jun 15, 2015
SOUNDKING:
busted, you are one of those people carrying post cards, in the anti Igbo protest, hahaha got you. Jeallosy and hatred are two things that brought curse to Cain.
Are you typing Igbo or the English you picked from all those your useless miracle centers? Which one?
Re: Which Is Better For Nigeria: Breaking Up Or Ethnic Mixing? by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jun 15, 2015
SB22:
I know the igbos have made an effort but what I am saying is that the government needs to step in and compel every tribe to integrate into every part of the country by introduces programs that would support such. The more integrated we are the beter. Many problems we are facing today would be inexistent if we were thoroughly mixed up.
Re: Which Is Better For Nigeria: Breaking Up Or Ethnic Mixing? by truefact: 3:45pm On Jun 15, 2015
PentiumPro:
I bet your Fulani masters are dwelling in peace with you....sophisticated cowards
How many igbos giant did you see in your dreams last night? A product of inbreeding

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Is Better For Nigeria: Breaking Up Or Ethnic Mixing? by PentiumPro(f): 4:05pm On Jun 15, 2015
truefact:

I bet your Fulani masters are dwelling in peace with you....sophisticated cowards
How many igbos giant did you see in your dreams last night? A product of inbreeding
Truth is in Nigeria, ALL tribes lives side by side in harmony by accepting the reality of the nation existence except Igbos, this animal and uncivilized behavior has always set them on collision part with other Nigerians where ever you see them. I guess the shape of your head is wired to be quarrelsome.
Fact, deal with it.
Re: Which Is Better For Nigeria: Breaking Up Or Ethnic Mixing? by paabakp: 4:21pm On Jun 15, 2015
It is funny when easterners call for regional government, when actually it was an easterner that abolish regional government and created unity government in 1967. The easterner name is ironsi
Re: Which Is Better For Nigeria: Breaking Up Or Ethnic Mixing? by carnegiefan: 4:22pm On Jun 15, 2015
Let me guess OP, you saw an Igbo girl you REALLY want to marry, but you are afraid that her people will fight to death than allow that marriage. cheesy

Why do you people only remember to preach one Nigeria when you remember that Igbo girls will leave with Biafra?
What is wrong with marrying one of your own anyway?

Nigeria's future cannot be saved by se-x or lust, or gene theft.
Stick to your own please.

Be fair to every tribe and Nigeria may survive.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Is Better For Nigeria: Breaking Up Or Ethnic Mixing? by teufelein(f): 4:23pm On Jun 15, 2015
What is a Nation?

THE GREATEST KILLER OF BLACK AFRICANS IS NOT MAN MADE DISEASE SUCH AS EBOLA BUT IGNORANCE AND INABILITY TO REASON

What is a Nation?

According to the Oxford English Dictionary, a nation is "a large body of people united by common descent, history, culture, or language, inhabiting a particular state or territory".

The simple question for those erroneously referring to themselves as Nigerians out of ignorance is, does this definition of a nation apply to the British created human Zoo called Nigeria? If the answer is a resounding no, why then have these dim witted, half baked intellectuals insist on calling Nigeria....sorry the Zoo their nation?

Even in the next one billion years the British created zoo will never attain the status of nationhood.

ps: i don't know what i've in common with yorobbers, awusa and foolanis....you tell me?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Is Better For Nigeria: Breaking Up Or Ethnic Mixing? by teufelein(f): 4:27pm On Jun 15, 2015
Churchhil's Thoughts on Islam

“The fact that in Mohammedan law every woman must belong to some man as his absolute property, either as a child, a wife, or a concubine, must delay the final extinction of slavery until the faith of Islam has ceased to be a great power among men,” he wrote in his 1899 account of Sudan, The River War.

“Individual Moslems may show splendid qualities, but the influence of the religion paralizes the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world. Far from being moribund, Mohammedanism is a militant and proselytizing faith.”

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Is Better For Nigeria: Breaking Up Or Ethnic Mixing? by teufelein(f): 4:30pm On Jun 15, 2015
dark african pseudo-intelligentsia and their FEARS to subjugate themselves to TRUTHFULNESS make them to create always circuitous emotion around right target. there're two options for nigeria: either extremely autonomous ethnic nations within a united nation or outright dissolution of the union. i personally prefer the latter; a complete restoration of Biafra based on shared value system and shared belief system...nigeria has no meaning to some of us.

“Agbaje also noted that the way the almajiris had always been a creation of the Fulani from among the Hausa in the North, so, too, had the Internet created another set of almajiris in the South, a people who are largely illiterate and who know nothing. “The almajiris in the South are young people who don’t know history or the relationship between history and politics.”
Re: Which Is Better For Nigeria: Breaking Up Or Ethnic Mixing? by teufelein(f): 4:31pm On Jun 15, 2015
[b]Break up Nigeria for the following benefits:

1. Nigeria as a third-party construct was put together without due consent of the actual members of the union or taking into consideration the feelings and cultural sensitivities of any of the people concerned.

2. The union from the onset is faulty because the fundamental ingredients that make any social contract or society work were lacking. Such a thing like religious/cultural affinity is just non-existent amongst the peoples of Nigeria.

3. It is believed that all successful unions, relationships, marriages, societies, etc are those in which members can communicate among themselves in a clear language that every party to the arrangement understands. Therefore the most important element in forming a union that works becomes the commonality of language. In Nigeria that is absent.

4. For a relationship or union to work there must be common objectives, goals, or destiny that everyone in it must subscribe to or aspire toward. The Muslim North and West of Nigeria surely have different agendas and goals from those of Christian and Animist Igbo/Biafra people.

5. It is only based on when all members of the society can have a common objective will they be able to work together, trusting one another knowing that they are all headed toward the same direction even when the details of their methods and minor views differ it is still understood and rooms or provisions are made for those diversities so that no one takes up arms to kill the others. Such understanding is completely non-existent in Nigeria. No tolerance of views that are unislamic is present in Nigeria.

6. There is mutual suspicion amongst the different peoples of the Nigerian union and no one is even making attempt at tolerating the other.

7. Islamic jihadist project against Igbo/Biafra people and the other non Muslim population of the failed Nigerian experiment is so overt and boiling over and it is continuous.

8. Historically, a heinous atrocity had been visited on Igbo/Biafra people. 45 years ago the greatest genocide on the African continent was committed by Nigeria and its citizens against the other supposedly fellow citizens, the Igbo/Biafra people and, they murdered 3.1 million of that group all because of hatred and intolerance.

9. The same Igbo/Biafra people were not only denied their right to life in the genocidal act but they were also dispossessed of their material wealth and possessions. After the killings, bombing and near-annihilation of the Igbo/Biafra ethnic group and total destruction of the physical structures of Biafran people and land, Nigeria took away ownership of all the real estate properties that once belonged to Igbo/Biafrans wherever they were located in Nigeria. In the same vein Nigeria also denied Igbo/Biafra people access to their bank deposits. Instead they handed to each Igbo/Biafran depositors 20 pounds of Nigeria’s money no matter the millions or thousands that they had in the banks prior to the time.

10. Like we earlier said, this list is endless but let’s just say that there is no compatibility and there will never be a time when there will between the Yoruba, Hausa, Fulani and the Igbo/Biafra people. There is no commonality of interests as a society, let each group go their separate ways. That is wisdom and that is the only truth.[/b]

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Is Better For Nigeria: Breaking Up Or Ethnic Mixing? by teufelein(f): 4:34pm On Jun 15, 2015
*the zoological republic of nigeria became illegal geographical entity precisely with the end of amalgamation agreement which had its expiration date on the 31th of december, 2013. methinks it's legitimate to ask if it's right to discuss legality within a realm of illegality.

[size=15pt]„When any one, or more, shall take upon them to make laws, whom the people have not appointed so to do, they make laws without authority, which the people are not therefore bound to obey; by which means they come again to be out of subjection, and may constitute to themselves a new legislative, as they think best, being in full liberty to resist the force of those, who without authority would impose any thing upon them. Every one is at the disposure of his own will, when those who had, by the delegation of the society, the declaring of the public will, are excluded from it, and others usurp the place, who have no such authority or delegation.“[/size]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Is Better For Nigeria: Breaking Up Or Ethnic Mixing? by teufelein(f): 4:37pm On Jun 15, 2015
frontpage....moderators?

Cc:lalasticlala cc:ishilove
Re: Which Is Better For Nigeria: Breaking Up Or Ethnic Mixing? by oilyngbati(m): 4:45pm On Jun 15, 2015
Ontarget:

How can the mixing work when it is NOT even implemented yet? This is something that should have been done right after the country was called Nigeria.
You are a brainless battyman! So the people of Plateau that are living (mixing) with the hausa/fulani cattle rearers is not mixing, which is resulting in the killings of Plateau people.

How about the living/mixing of Igbo in the heart of darkness (Lagos), where we hear go back to your village and the resultant burning down of Igbo shops.

I'd rather have problems with my fellow brethren, than a stranger, at least, my brother and I can resolve our differences.

Finally, I pray that you (the OP of this useless thread) get mixed up with boko haram/fulani herdsmen.....Amen!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Is Better For Nigeria: Breaking Up Or Ethnic Mixing? by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jun 15, 2015
oilyngbati:
You are a brainless battyman! So the people of Plateau that are living (mixing) with the hausa/fulani cattle rearers is not mixing, which is resulting in the killings of Plateau people.

How about the living/mixing of Igbo in the heart of darkness (Lagos), where we hear go back to your village and the resultant burning down of Igbo shops.

I'd rather have problems with my fellow brethren, than a stranger, at least, my brother and I can resolve our differences.

Finally, I pray that you (the OP of this useless thread) get mixed up with boko haram/fulani herdsmen.....Amen!
The plateau State issue you raised is a different matter. Apart from Plateau State where else are we having ethnic clashes? The government has been incompetent in restoring law and order in that part of the country. The issue of plateau State you raised is still NOT a reason why we shouldn't have ethnic integration in Nigeria across all sections of the country.

Now concerning Igbos in Lagos being asked to go back to their village. The problem is STILL because there is no ethnic integration in Nigeria. Still the same problem I am addressing in this thread. If actually Yorubas were also very well spread in Igbo land you will NEVER hear them say igbos should return to their villages. I hope you get the picture.
Re: Which Is Better For Nigeria: Breaking Up Or Ethnic Mixing? by DerideGull(m): 5:53pm On Jun 15, 2015
Ontarget:

When you divide the zoo remember the zoo will still have different animals in it. So are you going to keep diving the zoo to sort out every differences? In other words, taking Biafra for instance, there is diversity in igboland so are you going to divide Biafra if ngwa people have a disagreement with mbaise people?

Even Germans have political and social disagreement and it does not mean you have to fuse Poland and Germany into Polamany. Nigeria has many ethnic nationalities fused together unceremoniously by the British and there is a serious need to uncouple these ethnic nationalities so that true patriotism can flourish.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Is Better For Nigeria: Breaking Up Or Ethnic Mixing? by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jun 15, 2015
carnegiefan:
Let me guess OP, you saw an Igbo girl you REALLY want to marry, but you are afraid that her people will fight to death than allow that marriage. cheesy

Why do you people only remember to preach one Nigeria when you remember that Igbo girls will leave with Biafra?
What is wrong with marrying one of your own anyway?

Nigeria's future cannot be saved by se-x or lust, or gene theft.
Stick to your own please.

Be fair to every tribe and Nigeria may survive.
I am Igbo.
Re: Which Is Better For Nigeria: Breaking Up Or Ethnic Mixing? by DerideGull(m): 5:55pm On Jun 15, 2015
paabakp:
It is funny when easterners call for regional government, when actually it was an easterner that abolish regional government and created unity government in 1967. The easterner name is ironsi

You are distinguishably ignorant of the facts as your proffered date and name suggested.
Re: Which Is Better For Nigeria: Breaking Up Or Ethnic Mixing? by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jun 15, 2015
DerideGull:

Even Germans have political and social disagreement and it does not mean you have to fuse Poland and Germany into Polamany. Nigeria has many ethnic nationalities fused together unceremoniously by the British and there is a serious need to uncouple these ethnic nationalities so that true patriotism can flourish.
How do we uncouple 370 tribes in Nigeria? If we can't solve the challenge of living together in Nigeria in peace then how do you think we can solve the challenges of living as independent nations?
Re: Which Is Better For Nigeria: Breaking Up Or Ethnic Mixing? by DerideGull(m): 6:00pm On Jun 15, 2015
Ontarget:

I am Igbo.

Good for you that Igbo seemed to be your ethnicity. However if you tend to marry Hausa, Fulani or Yoruba, you can simply knock yourself silly with such endeavor but leave Ndiigbo out of it.

1 Like

Re: Which Is Better For Nigeria: Breaking Up Or Ethnic Mixing? by DerideGull(m): 6:02pm On Jun 15, 2015
Ontarget:

How do we uncouple 370 tribes in Nigeria? If we can't solve the challenge of living together in Nigeria in peace then how do you think we can solve the challenges of living as independent nations?

If you do not know where Igbo land started, I guess you will not know were it ended. I cannot simply help you. In addition, my grandfather told me that only efulefu does not know where the rain started beating him/her.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Is Better For Nigeria: Breaking Up Or Ethnic Mixing? by Harvard13(m): 6:49pm On Jun 15, 2015
mixing when universities and companies will still give quota to people of the land. when every state must have a minister whether deserving or not.
when everybody wanna chop d oil from d north but only hausas will enjoy d groundnut plantations in d south.

its simple. if u wanna break, break! else, we need revamping.
Re: Which Is Better For Nigeria: Breaking Up Or Ethnic Mixing? by teufelein(f): 7:10pm On Jun 15, 2015
mallam ontarget, where precisely is your village in Biafraland?
Re: Which Is Better For Nigeria: Breaking Up Or Ethnic Mixing? by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jun 15, 2015
Ontarget:

I am Igbo.
hypocrite

Where are u?
Why not go and mix with the people in borno?

5 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu 'Free' - IB Times / REVEALED! N850m Was Paid Into Buhari Access Bank Account – Dasuki / Wahala! Why Did The Chicken Cross Road In Nigeria? See What They'r Saying Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.