Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,141 members, 7,887,304 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 06:19 AM

This is Barbaric! 11 Year Old Set Ablaze in Lagos. God Have Mercy on Us. - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / This is Barbaric! 11 Year Old Set Ablaze in Lagos. God Have Mercy on Us. (11485 Views)

Graphic Photo: 22-Year-Old Man Set Ablaze By Father Dies In Omu-Aran / 2 Okada Snatchers Nabbed, Beaten To Death And Set Ablaze In Abuja (Graphic Pic) / Robbers Who Stole Huge Sum Of Money Set Ablaze By Mob In Anambra(Graphics Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This is Barbaric! 11 Year Old Set Ablaze in Lagos. God Have Mercy on Us. by goodguy(m): 9:43pm On Oct 27, 2005
<snip: irrelevant>
Re: This is Barbaric! 11 Year Old Set Ablaze in Lagos. God Have Mercy on Us. by WesleyanA(f): 9:49pm On Oct 27, 2005
those posts got deleted for good! grin
Re: This is Barbaric! 11 Year Old Set Ablaze in Lagos. God Have Mercy on Us. by tunku(m): 11:04pm On Oct 29, 2005
This is a tragic turn of event for the boy's family and the boy. I know many of you are calling all of Nigeria Barbarians and idiots but then again I see that most of the people voicing their frustration in this manner are in the west. I have spent half of my life in Nigeria and the other half in the United States. While they have the right to be angry, they have no right to make such blanket statement as all Nigerians are evil because of this. I even saw someone from Texas saying someone should have called 911, I am sorry to inform you but Nigeria isn’t the 51st state. While this is indeed a shocking, brutal, and senseless death, it won’t be the last time this will happen. We are fortunate that it was captured on camera for the whole world to see because this boy’s tragic death will spur government officials into action and tackle the root cause of such vigilantism. I am not sure what this says about me but I was not shocked when I heard this, I was angry but not shocked that this took place in Nigeria. The corrupt infrastructure and the lack of enough trustworthy officials to dedicate themselves to helping their country instead of themselves is the root cause of this problem. I am afraid that it will take many years before a system is in place that simply doesn’t wallow in its own feces but actively does things to instill faith in justice and protection for its citizens. I find it ironic that this boy was killed in a place named after peace and calm but no one was willing to listen to him. I hope this incident teaches people to keep a cool head and not be so quick to judge their fellow human beings.
Re: This is Barbaric! 11 Year Old Set Ablaze in Lagos. God Have Mercy on Us. by hotangel2(f): 11:06pm On Oct 29, 2005
another marylander. Wow.
Re: This is Barbaric! 11 Year Old Set Ablaze in Lagos. God Have Mercy on Us. by tunku(m): 11:12pm On Oct 29, 2005
hot angel why did you say someone should have called 911? that just seem just downright ignorant to me.
Re: This is Barbaric! 11 Year Old Set Ablaze in Lagos. God Have Mercy on Us. by WesleyanA(f): 11:19pm On Oct 29, 2005
another marylander.
Re: This is Barbaric! 11 Year Old Set Ablaze in Lagos. God Have Mercy on Us. by hotangel2(f): 11:20pm On Oct 29, 2005
I was mad when i typed. I know there's no 911 in nigeria.. but i was just pitying the poor boy.
Re: This is Barbaric! 11 Year Old Set Ablaze in Lagos. God Have Mercy on Us. by nddy(m): 7:12am On Oct 30, 2005
ummmmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: This is Barbaric! 11 Year Old Set Ablaze in Lagos. God Have Mercy on Us. by kayboz: 8:44pm On Nov 09, 2005
to add to all the suggestions,discussion on the murdered 11 yr old boy,i feel it's possibly in the midst of the mob that took the life of the boy,those who sent the boy to do wat he did.to stop the boy 4rm disclosing thieir identity,it's so unfortunate.
Re: This is Barbaric! 11 Year Old Set Ablaze in Lagos. God Have Mercy on Us. by Z4M4eva(f): 11:38am On Jan 03, 2006
Mean
Re: This is Barbaric! 11 Year Old Set Ablaze in Lagos. God Have Mercy on Us. by zeb(m): 1:34pm On Apr 23, 2006
Nigerians are very wicked and heartless people, thats why our country is in a mess,
Re: This is Barbaric! 11 Year Old Set Ablaze in Lagos. God Have Mercy on Us. by yemstar(f): 2:14am On Apr 30, 2006
This is unthinkable, its acts like these that make me ashamed of Nigeria embarassed this is really disturbing that people could stand there and murder a child in cold blood cry cry what is our country turning into, we are supposed to be moving forward not backward. Even such an act will not have taken place in the barbaric times talkless of now that we are supposed to have rules, laws and a so called GOVERNMENT!!!! angry angry angry angry angry
Re: This is Barbaric! 11 Year Old Set Ablaze in Lagos. God Have Mercy on Us. by future: 3:48pm On Jun 04, 2006
a mother of six is chasing me around with sex and she is 42 and am just 25 what advise do u have 4 me
Re: This is Barbaric! 11 Year Old Set Ablaze in Lagos. God Have Mercy on Us. by urmother: 2:52pm On Jun 09, 2006
CRAP man!
oh my dayz.nigeria for christ's sake.why?dat is so heartless.come on man.
dat is a shame and disgrace to nigerians, an 11 year ol booy?
nah blood.
i remember wen i used to brag2my friendz bout my homeland now i cant even look@d flag wit these things happenin
Re: This is Barbaric! 11 Year Old Set Ablaze in Lagos. God Have Mercy on Us. by Efani(m): 7:46pm On Jun 15, 2006
oh man
that sucks
Re: This is Barbaric! 11 Year Old Set Ablaze in Lagos. God Have Mercy on Us. by agnesoseka: 4:19pm On Mar 20, 2007
Worse than Barbaric,Unspeakable!! Somepple can be sooo wicked, even the devil doesnt deserve this.
Re: This is Barbaric! 11 Year Old Set Ablaze in Lagos. God Have Mercy on Us. by Hndholder(m): 4:22pm On Mar 20, 2007
Yes this happened in 2006
Re: This is Barbaric! 11 Year Old Set Ablaze in Lagos. God Have Mercy on Us. by ogboni76(m): 5:07am On Feb 07, 2008
angry angry angry
Naija!,
Gone are the days of O.P.C, or Bakassi boys, or the Isakaba's, am sure none of those militant groups would be so heartless to do such a thing, 11yr old Wow, i dont know how long this post has been on here but i just found it 7th feb 2008, am a Nigerian, but stuffs like this is whats still holding me back in Ghana, i wonder when Lagos will have its long lost peace back,its long lost sanity, its long lost human feelings and sense of equity,
you still think theres no place like home
think twice
Re: This is Barbaric! 11 Year Old Set Ablaze in Lagos. God Have Mercy on Us. by Chiori(m): 12:11pm On Feb 13, 2008
May those directly involved in the accusation and murder of that young soul never know peace in their lifetimes. And I pray that all of their children will die gruesome deaths, all in fires and infernoes, in Jesus' name.
Re: This is Barbaric! 11 Year Old Set Ablaze in Lagos. God Have Mercy on Us. by doetree: 12:25pm On Aug 02, 2010
I am sure that those people who could be so heartless enough to set ablaze a boy at that tender age, can never find mercy from God as they did'nt have mercy on thier fellow human being. If he is truely innocent they will never go unpurnished.
Re: This is Barbaric! 11 Year Old Set Ablaze in Lagos. God Have Mercy on Us. by doetree: 12:26pm On Aug 02, 2010
I am sure that those people who could be so heartless enough to set ablaze a boy at that tender age, can never find mercy from God as they did'nt have mercy on thier fellow human being. If he is truely innocent they will never go unpurnished.
Re: This is Barbaric! 11 Year Old Set Ablaze in Lagos. God Have Mercy on Us. by Godyke(m): 3:15pm On Aug 27, 2010
what do you mean by 'Even if he is caught in the act. '. Does it mean  he should be pardoned even if he is truely Guilty? What if he is caught slaughtering his victim for ritual purpose. sad. Should he be applauded or given a pat on the back because he is a minor?
Re: This is Barbaric! 11 Year Old Set Ablaze in Lagos. God Have Mercy on Us. by Natasha2(f): 9:28pm On Jan 06, 2011
nigeria needs GOD what a dispeakable act
Re: This is Barbaric! 11 Year Old Set Ablaze in Lagos. God Have Mercy on Us. by tradiaBam(m): 4:07am On Nov 20, 2011
It’s really a nice and helpful piece of info. I am glad that you just shared this helpful info with us. Please keep us up to date like this. Thank you for sharing.
Re: This is Barbaric! 11 Year Old Set Ablaze in Lagos. God Have Mercy on Us. by texazzpete(m): 6:50am On Oct 17, 2012
I apologize for bringing up this dead thread, but this is to show those few folks that go around saying 'Jungle justice is nothing new' that we need to make a stand once and for all on this matter.

If we keep taking a passive attitude to this savagery, yes, some guilty folks will perish by the sword they wield...but many innocents will be consumed too.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Deborah Samuel's Murder: A Case Of Social Injustice - Okediji Prosper / I Raped A Mad Woman Some Years Back / Ugo Iyegbu Arrested For Vandalism In Houston, US

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.