Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,537 members, 7,885,201 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 05:20 AM

All Good Things Have Their Ending Except... - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / All Good Things Have Their Ending Except... (426 Views)

“why Does God Allow Good Things To Happen To Bad People?” / Good Things Will Begin To Happen To You / Why Is Witchs Attributed To Bad Things And Wizard To Good Things? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

All Good Things Have Their Ending Except... by Niyisob15(m): 12:47am On Jun 16, 2015
// By Tunde Sobola on 13 June 2015
So on Saturday the 13 June, at last a Saturday with no commitment, a day to sleep in and rest. Lo and behold I woke up early in the typical week day fashion. IT was time to make my morning coffee then the reason for this blog occurred. It was a disaster in my opinion but the lesson made it a worthwhile disaster. This event was a message from God to me.

My Bugatti mug
So, without trying to sound vague or express any sign of vanity... I have a precious mug. It is almost 7 years old. It is my specially made Bugatti Veyron cup. It has always served as a reminder for my very first business; personalising t-shirts and promotional items. This mug was one of the samples along a few others.

So back to my message, I was washing the mug while the kettle was boiling coffee jar waiting eagerly to serve its morning purpose. Then I dropped my beloved mug. For a very short period of time, I was hoping that event would not lead to the obvious but sometimes "what is already falling has only one obstacle, the ground". This is a physical principle. All good things come to an end except for one thing.

[img][/img][url][/url]
The message I got after dropping my special mug is that all good things has an ending. Then again I thought - Except for ....The promise of God through the Gospel, through Jesus. I was overjoyed at that moment knowing that there is something greater, much greater that the little things we place value on. Yes I just broke my favourite mug, yes it is gone forever and I will never have it again. But I know that my future is not hinged on physical things that will break away like my mug. But my focus is NOW on the promises of God, which are eternal, unbreakable and unconditional as long as I let God shape my life.

Nothing if ever worth more than the promise of God, the reality of this statement is that as we believe and live the life that God is shaping into, we grow daily to become full beneficiaries of this great promise. But we must let God shape and refine us.

Malachi 3

"2 But who may abide the day of his coming? and who shall stand when he appeareth? for he is like a refiner's fire, and like fullers' soap:

3 And he shall sit as a refiner and purifier of silver: and he shall purify the sons of Levi, and purge them as gold and silver, that they may offer unto the Lord an offering in righteousness.

4 Then shall the offering of Judah and Jerusalem be pleasant unto the Lord, as in the days of old, and as in former years."

I have come to realise and convinced that God only seeks our bodies as a living sacrifice, nothing else. He wants to refine who we are so that our lives can glorify God in all we do. This requires commitment to "being teachable, humble to take corrections and obey".

So this was the highlight of my Saturday. The energy of the message already woke me up even before the coffee got made. When God makes us realise any issue, whether big or small, we need to ask Him to help us to give our all to being corrected.

I pray that God will make this article minister personally to every reader

(1) (Reply)

Why Still Single / South African Pastor Makes Congregation Swallow Life Snake During Deliverance / Spiritual Digest For The Day 25th Of August 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.