Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,182 members, 7,880,685 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 02:25 AM

A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) (108737 Views)

The Head Of Goat That Caused Accident In Anambra Was Cut Off (Photos) / Lagos Slum Where Residents Live With Snakes, Crocodiles (photos) / Accident Involving A Jeep At China Town In Lagos (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by dokyOloye: 2:40pm On Jun 19, 2015
remember007:
sorry but whats Adazi Enu ?
lol,Ur oranges.Lolz
The ones on Ur chest.
Chaii,be like U be "my mama say I be Igbo" type?
No offense meant oo.
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by frakdon(m): 2:40pm On Jun 19, 2015
lucky032:

let me get your control let me keep you in touch should you come next
bia nwoke'm leave this nwa'baby nd stop imagining her adazi'enu biko.....
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by Achilies(m): 2:41pm On Jun 19, 2015
[color=#000099][/color]
softysparky:

You are right, it is called Eke(python). They used to visit my grandfather when he was alive, we all just watch him relate to it and it will move away gently. It has never hurt anyone before.

Are u from Idemili?
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jun 19, 2015
chidyke77:
next town after Nnobi towards Igbo ukwu.
Awka etiti
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by frakdon(m): 2:43pm On Jun 19, 2015
dokyOloye:
lol,Ur oranges.Lolz
The ones on Ur chest.
Chaii,be like U be "my mama say I be Igbo" type?
No offense meant oo.
hehehe ! She no sure whether she be, but them say....
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by repogirl(f): 2:44pm On Jun 19, 2015
frakdon:
pls leave that small boy, him no deserve yur time yu get?
I have left him to wallow.in his miserable life jare....showing his ignorance with such pride, mtchewww.

Python is.not a snake, it is what...a bird abi?
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by dokyOloye: 2:46pm On Jun 19, 2015
promayor1:

OP, I believe you. Once in Ebonyi state, a snake crawled near me and my host calmly picked it up and took it outside. *shudders at the thought* :-embarassed

Big lie,Ebonyi state kills all snakes,its a big meat to them. Na u lie pass
Ishiagu ppl in Ivo local govt don't kill a certain specie of snakes,I think d green,slim ones.
And it's worthy of mention too that d snake is totally non-venomous.
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by Achilies(m): 2:46pm On Jun 19, 2015
[color=#000099][/color]
jnrbayano:

Superstition

No its not
Come to Idemili in anambra and see for yourself.

I have seen and relate to as many as I care to remember.
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by frakdon(m): 2:48pm On Jun 19, 2015
repogirl:
I have left him to wallow.in his miserable life jare....showing his ignorance with such pride, mtchewww.

yu should knw that this is Nairaland where out of it some don't even knw that yu dey this world, trust me I no see the essence of exchanging insults, jst laugh it off, yu go feel more cool..... Dalu..
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by ikoduduakpode(m): 2:55pm On Jun 19, 2015
hmmm, speechless even at this age of life.
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by Born2eatPussy(m): 2:56pm On Jun 19, 2015
repogirl:
[size=90pt]I HAVE LEFT HIM grin[/size] him to wallow.in his miserable life jare....showing his ignorance with such pride, mtchewww.

Python is reptile
Dullard
You ain't nowhere near my grade.
Bye
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jun 19, 2015
This is a true story. A customer of ours who supplies our eatery rice and other foodstuffs told us this story. He's from obosi in anambra state. We thought he was lying and just wanted to scare us. This is a huge snake.
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by bodee(m): 2:59pm On Jun 19, 2015
remember007:
lols.... I was only appreciating the FEMALE rep cos NGIGE was there with nothing to show
please just focus on the main topic, don't dabble into politics. Female rep ko, female president ni.
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jun 19, 2015
donmoris:
I hAte snake so much

I detest snakes with every emotion in me. Very weird tradition indeed.
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by nd07(m): 3:00pm On Jun 19, 2015
Hmmm.... Nne u r related 2 Agu-Ukwu Nri. That's my mother's town & d place i spent more of my childhood days. small but mighty town. which of d villages do u hail from? my mum is from Uru-Orji.
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by jnrbayano(m): 3:01pm On Jun 19, 2015
Achilies:
[color=#000099][/color]

No its not
Come to Idemili in anambra and see for yourself.

I have seen and relate to as many as I care to remember.

Read my posts that came after the one you quoted and understand my explanation.
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by frakdon(m): 3:01pm On Jun 19, 2015
Born2eatPussy:

Frankdon
A small boy who can buy your family is what ??
Go get money because we small boys can intimidate our elders with money
hahahahah!!! yeye yu no go come work in 1 of my farms yu dey here dey display paper.
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by Ihuomadinihu: 3:02pm On Jun 19, 2015
I am not from Anambra,so i can't speak for them. But as an Igbo, am aware that certain animals are considered sacred and are not eaten or killed in different parts of Igboland. Some of these practices vanished as natives embraced Christainity.
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by frakdon(m): 3:04pm On Jun 19, 2015
Born2eatPussy:

Python is reptile Dullard You ain't nowhere near my grade. Bye
see yu!
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by sunsewa: 3:06pm On Jun 19, 2015
remember007:
HELLO GUYS, THIS IS MY FIRST TIME OF CREATING A THREAD ON NAIRALAND..PARDON ME IF THERE ARE MISTAKES... I TRAVELED TO ANAMBRA STATE TWO WEEKS AGO TO SPEND MY SHORT HOLIDAY WITH MY GRANDMOTHER,@ AGU- UKWU,.. ITS TRULY A BEAUTIFUL STATE, IT'S A STATE WERE HOUSE OF ASSEMBLY, REP, SENATE AND EVEN LOCAL GOVT MEMBERS ARE ALL UP AND DOING... I CAN BODLY SAY THAT ALL ROADS IN OUR SENATORIAL DISTRICT WHICH IS REPRESENTED BY HONOURABLE UCHE EKUNIFE ARE TARED...REASON WHY SHE'S BEEN SENT TO THE SENATE COS ALL SIGN BOARD OF ROADS DONE HERE WERE ATTRACTED BY HER..........ON MYOU SECOND DAY OF VISIT, WE CAME BACK FROM CHURCH AROUND 9.. I WENT TO THE KITCHEN TO PREPARE FOOD.. THEN I SAW A SNAKE THAT WAS TRAPPED BTW IRON NETS OF THE KITCHEN WINDOW WHILE IT WAS TRYING TO CRAWL IN THRU THE WINDOW...I RAN. OUT SCREAMING FOR HELP , I WAS LATER TOLD THAT THE SNAKE DOESN'T BITE, THAT IT COMES INTO ANY HOME, THE PEOPLE DOESN'T KILL IT, RATHER I WAS WORSHIPPED IN THE OLDEN DAYS SO THEY ARE USED TO HAVING IT AS A GUEST.. FROM THAT DAY ON,I PACKED MY BAG AND LEFT FOR AWKA TO STAY WITH MY UNCLE .. IT TOOK 5 DAYS BEFORE I RETURNED HOME COS I FEAR SNAKES AND ALMOST EVERY THING THAT CRAWLS INCLUDING COCKROACHES...HERE ARE PICTURES OF IT AS WAS SHARED TO ME FROM MY COUSINS

just like my place enugwu ukwu,sharing boundary with agu ukwu,is a taboo to kill Python, though is difficult sighting it in my place this days,maybe the abakalekes and hausas that flooded my town has send them parking, usually killing and eating them secretly, but in umuleri also in Anambra state, u can see it almost in all the tree in each family compound, sometimes they used to crawl down tree,either on ur way coming into their compound or going out,ur host will implored on u not to run,that the beast is either welcoming u or telling u bye bye,either way.
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by lomprico(m): 3:08pm On Jun 19, 2015
Cuneddy:
op do u knw d difference between snake n python?
Tell us the difference tisha!

1 Like

Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by jaybee104(m): 3:09pm On Jun 19, 2015
rosy4u:
bros I no dey force u to gree .... e no consine me undecided
well, gudluck with your adventure
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by Lanceslot(m): 3:11pm On Jun 19, 2015
I can't count how many times I've carried this same size of python outside our home to ofia arusi in Awka-Etiti, python is a harmless reptile and people from Idemili south treats it with respect.
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by rosy4u(f): 3:11pm On Jun 19, 2015
jaybee104:
well, gudluck with your adventure
grin grin
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by ceejayluv(m): 3:11pm On Jun 19, 2015
zendy:

I'm sure if ask well, they will tell you that you can kill any type of snake but never a python. The penalty for killing a Python in Igboland is to bury it as you would your own father with full funeral rites. But it is possible that there maybe some parts of Igboland that no longer observe this tradition due to Christianity.
definitely not all of Ibo land. there are some communities that actually eat pythons but protect other animals, say, monkeys
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jun 19, 2015
Cuneddy:
op do u knw d difference between snake n python?

See dullard
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by Rawar: 3:12pm On Jun 19, 2015
Starships4u:
wink holy ghost??
u are still using fone I.e y
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by lucky032(m): 3:13pm On Jun 19, 2015
frakdon:
bia nwoke'm leave this nwa'baby nd stop imagining her adazi'enu biko.....

Lol!xup
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by Born2eatPussy(m): 3:13pm On Jun 19, 2015
Lanceslot:
I can't count how many times I've carried this same size of python outside our home to ofia arusi in Awka-Etiti, python is a harmless reptile and people from Idemili south treats it with respect.

Are you from Umunocha or Umudunu ??
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jun 19, 2015
Mad demonic people

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Lockdown: My Visit To Street Market In Greece (photos) / Best Country To Relocate With My Family Apart From Canada / Why Most Nigerians Go To Malaysia Instead Of Europe And America

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.