Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,175 members, 7,880,663 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 12:28 AM

A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) (108735 Views)

The Head Of Goat That Caused Accident In Anambra Was Cut Off (Photos) / Lagos Slum Where Residents Live With Snakes, Crocodiles (photos) / Accident Involving A Jeep At China Town In Lagos (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jun 19, 2015
frakdon:
yu don't knw, so if them allow yu, yu go carry adazi enu go gv am okwi'ya?
sorry but whats Adazi Enu ?
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by simdam500(m): 1:25pm On Jun 19, 2015
Jet out of the thread!!!!!!!!!!! shocked shocked shocked
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by STEVENcrack(m): 1:27pm On Jun 19, 2015
emecheboy2:
very common in Ukpor in Anambra State. Back in the days they worship them and in fact the snakes stay with you in the house.

Are you my long lost brother. ArE u from ukpor bro.
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by mypayne(m): 1:27pm On Jun 19, 2015
its also in my town. Enugwu ukwu in Anambra state
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by Vodkka(m): 1:28pm On Jun 19, 2015
Plus234:

is there a town called NRI town ?

Not really..... But in some cases, people do refer Agwu-ukwu as Nri because that's where their ancestral father "Eri" lived.
It's better said as:
Agwu-ukwu Nri,
Enugwu-ukwu Nri,
Enugwu-Agidi Nri,
Nawfia Nri, ...... Cos they are four sons of Nri

1 Like

Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by ronald4lif(m): 1:28pm On Jun 19, 2015
Adaobi12:
OK.

Don't mind the trouble maker, AgapeCharis. He has lived in Lagos all his life and doesn't even know anything about his own culture and tradition. grin
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by Kabir2Mohammad(m): 1:30pm On Jun 19, 2015
this is d kind of bush meet my dog love most
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by rosy4u(f): 1:30pm On Jun 19, 2015
LaurelP:

Who are u forming ajebutter for
LaurelP... u call dis ajebo..?
I've never seen a snake wid my eyes.. if u like believe or not , dat one no concern me undecided
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jun 19, 2015
ronald4lif:

Wisdom has never made a bigot, learning has. You should always seek to understand first why a people revel in a practice before rushing to make baseless, tasteless and unfounded remarks about them. Just so you know, stereotyping a people doesn't gives you an edge over them. It reeks of ignorance and over-bloated sense of self-importance.

Owk sir. But pls. What is my offence??
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by rosy4u(f): 1:32pm On Jun 19, 2015
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by IAmTobore(m): 1:33pm On Jun 19, 2015
[quote author=NeduLuiZ post=34911176 God knows I would smash the head of that ugly serpent angry[/quote]Me too
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by frakdon(m): 1:33pm On Jun 19, 2015
remember007:
sorry but whats Adazi Enu ?
ask the guy who wants yu back to that village or ask yur igbo brother......
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by MistadeRegal(m): 1:33pm On Jun 19, 2015
NeduLuiZ:
Religion the greatest scam
God knows I would smash the head of that ugly serpent and cook it, ready to eatangry

My golden penny for completely filling this your form.
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by IAmTobore(m): 1:33pm On Jun 19, 2015
NeduLuiZ:
God knows I would smash the head of that ugly serpent angry
Me too
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by chidyke77(m): 1:34pm On Jun 19, 2015
Pythons of nowadays and the ones during my fathers doesn't behave the same. I could remember when I was young in the village bcus I actually grew up in village, did my primary and sec education there. I breed rabbits but could remember how one python sneaked into my cage and strangled my female rabbit that was nursing her babies. I cried bcus I was still young then and eventually killed the python.
When my father came back from work I told him what happened but he didn't scold at me. He told me some stories about python during their growing up years.
He said that their mother though a pagan then used to have pythons always lurking around her kitchen chamber (uko) preying on rats. That she used to have hens,chickens and they layers with their eggs in (mkpo okuko) their chambers which is equally close to the kitchen yet the pythons won't touch any chicks or eggs upon they do visit their and prey on rats.
I think religion is changing those thing nw.,. I will never kill any python unless it attacks me directly or indirectly.
(Abum ezigbo nwa afo idemili, idennaa amusiri ike na ulo.)

1 Like

Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by MistadeRegal(m): 1:35pm On Jun 19, 2015
VickyRotex:
Hmmmm. smiley
And the snake is romantic? undecided smiley
Experiment it's romantic capacity and come back here to tell us how it went.
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by guyX(m): 1:36pm On Jun 19, 2015
rosy4u:

mba... I live underground tongue
sad
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by ronald4lif(m): 1:36pm On Jun 19, 2015
Jeffboi:

Owk sir. But pls. What is my offence??

You didn't think it was offensive when you said "it's Anambra people who do juju pass" among other unwarranted remarks towards Anambarians?. That was a sweeping statement and you know it. And to think you're Igbo sef (if I'm to go by your Twitter handle) Is your state or tribe without it own blemishes?.
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by solonazzy: 1:40pm On Jun 19, 2015
Armaggedon:
@op, is it snake or python?
Pls python is also a snake..... Dnt confuse us here... Perhaps non-venomous u shuld say
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by Plus234(m): 1:40pm On Jun 19, 2015
Vodkka:

Not really..... But in some cases, people do refer Agwu-ukwu as Nri because that's where their ancestral father "Eri" lived.
It's better said as:
Agwu-ukwu Nri,
Enugwu-ukwu Nri,
Enugwu-Agidi Nri,
Nawfia Nri, ...... Cos they are four sons of Nri

but Nri has a king, Igwe, just like other town you mention, is he ruling those town you mention too ?
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by promayor1(m): 1:42pm On Jun 19, 2015
OP, I believe you. Once in Ebonyi state, a snake crawled near me and my host calmly picked it up and took it outside. *shudders at the thought* :-embarassed[/quote]

Big lie,Ebonyi state kills all snakes,its a big meat to them. Na u lie pass
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jun 19, 2015
ronald4lif:

Don't mind the trouble maker, AgapeCharis. He has lived in Lagos all his life and doesn't even know anything about his own culture and tradition. grin
Mumu boy! Adaobi12 don't mind this prodigal Anambrarian that was born and lived in the UK all his life. He was only privileged to travel home of recent and was lucky to learn his mother tongue. He knows nothing about your culture and tradition. You could help him by teaching him a few things about your culture. grin
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by tonychristopher: 1:42pm On Jun 19, 2015
chamboy:
it's Juju Abeg stop using English to twist it

OK it's juju. Us juju bad? or do u want me to act like a white man and beside that the anambra people are not complaining

So wetin come be ur own
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by rosy4u(f): 1:43pm On Jun 19, 2015
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by KemiJesus(f): 1:49pm On Jun 19, 2015
preizton:
Click on modify, u will see the place to upload below the box, or better still u can come over to my place 4 full tutorial.
Hahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaa, dis guy won't kill me wit laughooo,come over to ur place ke! Ar u 4 real? Lolz ,u're just 2funny, can't stop laughing here grin
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jun 19, 2015
Don't say Igbo land, talking about your town and surrounding town, pls don't generalise it, in my town we kill python and some people even eat it in my town NENWE
zendy:

I'm sure if ask well, they will tell you that you can kill any type of snake but never a python. The penalty for killing a Python in Igboland is to bury it as you would your own father with full funeral rites. But it is possible that there maybe some parts of Igboland that no longer observe this tradition due to Christianity.
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by VickyRotex(f): 1:52pm On Jun 19, 2015
MistadeRegal:

Experiment it's romantic capacity and come back here to tell us how it went.

Calm down. Initially, the Op posted it in the romance section. That's why I asked. It's sarcasm. undecided
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by kakakent: 1:53pm On Jun 19, 2015
Op thank God u visited ur homeland for once that is eke idemili (python) the symbol of idemili god all sons and daughters of idemili does not kill python it visits our house often too. Here in nkpor when my grandma was alive she use to give em kolanut nd becos of that they do come often if u do ur research well u ill know dat all idemili towns like nkpor, obosi , oba , abatete , oraukwu , uke nd umuoji does not kill python it is a sacred animal I. Have personally touched nd carried it on several occassion nd its harmless but nnna @ op at ur age u re visiting home for the 1st time ? Not proper nd dats why the eke seems strange to you #if u go to the idemili shrine @ ogidi you will d main eke ogba idemili its abt 120 years old or so#
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by basille(m): 1:55pm On Jun 19, 2015
Op, first of all, most villages in anambra has an animal that they don't kill, eat and avoid. (ihe a na aso nso). For those from idemili Lga it's snake (agwo) . People from Awka it's Monkey (Enwe), for people from Nnobi it's snail (ejula). For people from umunya, it's catfish (azu okpo).
They do not worship it, rather they respect it. I do not know why it is so, but it's part of our culture and sometimes many innacurate stories can be linked to it.

And truth be told (from my own experience at Ogidi), they are indeed harmless.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

Lockdown: My Visit To Street Market In Greece (photos) / Best Country To Relocate With My Family Apart From Canada / Why Most Nigerians Go To Malaysia Instead Of Europe And America

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.