Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,785 members, 7,875,949 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 04:26 AM

Joda Committee Asks Buhari To Appoint Only 19 Senior Ministers - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Joda Committee Asks Buhari To Appoint Only 19 Senior Ministers (24794 Views)

Economy: PDP Asks Buhari To Resign, And Nigerians React (screenshots) / All Four Refineries Will Produce Only 19 Million Litres / EXCLUSIVE: Joda Committee Asks Buhari To Appoint 19 Ministers - The Cable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Joda Committee Asks Buhari To Appoint Only 19 Senior Ministers by tbaba1234: 4:54pm On Jun 19, 2015
chedet:
Oh well... Energy (Petroleum resources, mines and power) got just 1 minster while gender, family affairs, youth and sports got 3 ministers.... shows where our priority lies!

BTW. reducing the number of ministries doesn't reduce the number of ministers. OBJ reduced the number from 27 to 19 ministries. cost cutting is when they start doing away with allowances like hardship allowance.

Actually it is OK..

Youths and Sports are quite different so having different ministers is fine.

Energy issues are interrelated and need better coordination so one minister is fine.

Reducing ministers is certainly a way to reduce cost. I do agree that wages must be reviewed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Joda Committee Asks Buhari To Appoint Only 19 Senior Ministers by mekussa(m): 4:57pm On Jun 19, 2015
searching4lovee:
ALL THAT MATTERS IS NOBODY FROM THE SOUTHEAST SHOULD MAKE THE LIST COS THEY DID NOT CONTRIBUTE TO THE SUCCESS OF APC. THEY SHOULD REMAIN MARGINALIZED undecided
KAI...SO THOSE ZOO KEEPERS WEY YOU ESCAPE FROM DIA HAND NEVER FIND YOU.......sambisa forest case
Re: Joda Committee Asks Buhari To Appoint Only 19 Senior Ministers by Emnyte(m): 4:57pm On Jun 19, 2015
BARBERonechance
Re: Joda Committee Asks Buhari To Appoint Only 19 Senior Ministers by legatto(m): 5:00pm On Jun 19, 2015
This is welcome development if only it is implemented
Re: Joda Committee Asks Buhari To Appoint Only 19 Senior Ministers by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jun 19, 2015
Apc is making GEJ look like one ignorant individual every day...let PDP die and never rise again.I need 50 Likes to back this up

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Joda Committee Asks Buhari To Appoint Only 19 Senior Ministers by Ofeakwu(m): 5:09pm On Jun 19, 2015
[searching4lovee ALL THAT MATTERS IS NOBODY FROM THE SOUTHEAST SHOULD MAKE THE LIST COS THEY DID NOT CONTRIBUTE TO THE SUCCESS OF APC. THEY SHOULD REMAIN MARGINALIZED :- Onuku!!!, may Amadioha, Ogba-ezeiyi, Akpuagu, ulasi-okija n rest of south-easthern deities visit u wit this ur useless comment. Anuofia!!!!
Re: Joda Committee Asks Buhari To Appoint Only 19 Senior Ministers by sheffyUTD(m): 5:10pm On Jun 19, 2015
tbaba1234:
I disagree with combining works, housing and Environment.

Environment is too important to be merged with works and housing, particularly with the dangers Nigeria face with climate change.

My thought exactly. You know we don't have environment as a priority in this country , we just want to develop at all means; focusing solely on money. Money cannot restore natural environment when it's tampered, the best is to prevent or preserve. Last year somewhere in China, they're bottling fresh air for sale! We don't learn from a simple example.

If it must be merged though, I am looking at 'Mines and Steel, Petroleum Resources and Environment' so we can get it right from exploration first (Major issue for now as a developing nation), before looking at desert encroachment from the North and carbon emissions from Factory.

The best, in my Opinion it put 'Environment, culture and Tourism together. I hope they get it right.
Re: Joda Committee Asks Buhari To Appoint Only 19 Senior Ministers by cirmuell(m): 5:12pm On Jun 19, 2015
Makes sense.
Re: Joda Committee Asks Buhari To Appoint Only 19 Senior Ministers by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:17pm On Jun 19, 2015
Go on soun.
Re: Joda Committee Asks Buhari To Appoint Only 19 Senior Ministers by InMyOpinion(m): 5:20pm On Jun 19, 2015
[size=14pt]Cool...my only issue though is with the proposed Ministry of Energy. I dont think the other extractive industries, which are already grossly under-developed, will get the attention they deserve when merged with Petroleum. In any case stuff like gold and steel are not energy[/size]
Re: Joda Committee Asks Buhari To Appoint Only 19 Senior Ministers by Pendrotech(m): 5:21pm On Jun 19, 2015
This is only a suggestion to the president and has not yet been implemented. sure if implemented ,mm this will reduce the cost of governace to some extent. this new model will as well introduce more departments which will have its heads. these heads and other members of the department must be paid also.

to save cost = cost of minster - (cost of Hod + other members).

This new model also requires much work from any minister, hence Buhari should appoint proffessionals with experiences. period. infact a debate should be done on this by elligible candidates.

Nigeria must repair o
Re: Joda Committee Asks Buhari To Appoint Only 19 Senior Ministers by pjecly: 5:22pm On Jun 19, 2015
ITS HIGH TIME NAIRALANDERS LEARNT HOW TO COMMEND GOOD EFFORTS OR CRITICIZE LESS RATED ONES.
IF THE CARE IS NOT TAKEN, MOST THREADS ON NAIRA LAND FORUM WILL NOT BE TAKEN SERIOUS ANY MORE BECAUSE OF SENTIMENT, BIAS, TRIBALISM AND OTHER SORTS OF UNNECESSARY PUBLIC ATTENTION COMMENTS FROM YOU GUYS. CALL A SPADE A SPADE.
THANKS
pjecly all d way
Re: Joda Committee Asks Buhari To Appoint Only 19 Senior Ministers by scentmarlc(m): 5:34pm On Jun 19, 2015
innofyno:
Reducing the cost of governance

Concisely bro. Am hoping he would be allowed and not witchhunted by some desperados lurking in d shadows
Re: Joda Committee Asks Buhari To Appoint Only 19 Senior Ministers by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jun 19, 2015
it seems this might reduce wastage...
Re: Joda Committee Asks Buhari To Appoint Only 19 Senior Ministers by synergycom19: 6:13pm On Jun 19, 2015
What happens to the police?customs,Road safety etc,whats there change agenda?
Re: Joda Committee Asks Buhari To Appoint Only 19 Senior Ministers by synergycom19: 6:14pm On Jun 19, 2015
sheffyUTD:

My thought exactly. You know we don't have environment as a priority in this country , we just want to develop at all means; focusing solely on money. Money cannot restore natural environment when it's tampered, the best is to prevent or preserve. Last year somewhere in China, they're bottling fresh air for sale! We don't learn from a simple example.

If it must be merged though, I am looking at 'Mines and Steel, Petroleum Resources and Environment' so we can get it right from exploration first (Major issue for now as a developing nation), before looking at desert encroachment from the North and carbon emissions from Factory.

The best, in my Opinion it put 'Environment, culture and Tourism together. I hope they get it right.
There will still be minister of state
Re: Joda Committee Asks Buhari To Appoint Only 19 Senior Ministers by lugado: 6:44pm On Jun 19, 2015
na wa for this joda sef. We are asking for 10 they are giving us 19. hope pmb will trim it.
Re: Joda Committee Asks Buhari To Appoint Only 19 Senior Ministers by oshe11: 6:58pm On Jun 19, 2015
lincolnj88:
grin all hail
The Daura President
Dogo yaro
Baba one chance
Photoshop
Brainless
E.t.c grin
Nice one though grin grin
i undastnd all d 'titles' he has earned bt nt d photoshop. Whr did dat kum 4rm?
Wat did he do dis tym again?
Re: Joda Committee Asks Buhari To Appoint Only 19 Senior Ministers by sunshine1974(m): 7:15pm On Jun 19, 2015
It's not bad! I belong to ministry of ENERGY, I hope salaries will be reviewed too so dat workers in d same ministry will earn d same thing grin
Re: Joda Committee Asks Buhari To Appoint Only 19 Senior Ministers by bashydemy(m): 9:03pm On Jun 19, 2015
Wow so happy about this.
Re: Joda Committee Asks Buhari To Appoint Only 19 Senior Ministers by princejones(m): 9:35pm On Jun 19, 2015
Good moves at the right time,go ahead and succeed my Presido
Re: Joda Committee Asks Buhari To Appoint Only 19 Senior Ministers by Jesusloveyou: 11:26am On Jun 20, 2015
CR77:
On point

Now there brian is working good
gej never had brain for d pass 6yrs,except d day he concede defeat and d day he hand over.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

South-East Governors did not declare IPOB a terrorist group – Ikpeazu / Lagos Governor Pays For Quarantine Of Nigerian Returnees From West Africa / Bola Tinubu Celebrates Bishop Oyedepo At 68

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.