Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,316 members, 7,897,449 topics. Date: Monday, 22 July 2024 at 02:20 PM

''Ruggedman Should Go Back To The Studio And Reply Me'' - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / ''Ruggedman Should Go Back To The Studio And Reply Me'' (9784 Views)

Omotola In The Studio With Bobby Valentino! / Video Of Tonto Recording HI In The Studio :D / WizKid, The Game & Young Jeezy In The Studio Together (Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ''Ruggedman Should Go Back To The Studio And Reply Me'' by simmy(m): 9:53am On Feb 27, 2009
the problem with 9jerian hiphop is tht u hav several non hiphop heads judging shit and talking shit. Mode 9 is obviously (at present) heads over shoulders above rugged. He doesnt connect with the mases? Mayb thts y its called hip hop and not f, ing pop music!!!

The fact tht mode is broke is besides the point, the point is who is a better emcee and its obviously Mode 9!
Re: ''Ruggedman Should Go Back To The Studio And Reply Me'' by Bamsyle(m): 11:04am On Feb 27, 2009
@Wordsmith

Like DBR noted, I was also expectin' some deep stuff from you - for a different reason though. Not cos of your opener but cos I respect yo' opinions. But trust me you lost me on this one. I know Java might irk you with his constant pro-Mode and anti-Rugged stance but let our analyses in this regard be as objective as can be.

I don't root for any of 'em. I've critic'ed both dudes on several occasions. Rugged is good on the delivery side and believe me, if you look past some sub-standard lines from Mode, this dude's got some good lyrics. What he spat on "Contradiction" is evidence of this. And I'm ratin' by 'Naija MCs standards . . .

On the beef thingy, I'm neutral on whether Rugged should reply or not . . . whichever way it goes, I'm cool . . . on Death Blow Pt 2, I agree some lines were either lame or way too personal (didn't bring out the wittiness of battle rap). But where you lost me was your last line -

"appears nuccas has only one pair. visits the nearest aboki for the nearest shining anytime there's some award".

Like you said to Java, that was also "personal" and subjective . . . coming from you.

@Eldee

I agree the 'cocoyam' line was weak. But don't you think you're takin' it too far the way you go on 'bout his footwear and sturvs? Letz approach this issue with an unbiased mind . . . do you really think Mode is bad all-round? I mean, flat Try 'n' look past their beef thingy . . . do a proper critique on both artistes. If you do, I'll understand you better . . . and then I'll know what to say.

@Javalove

Always stated that your all-out war against Rugged doesn't cut it for me. Rugged may need to enhance his lyrics but he ain't bad overall. If not for the beef side of thangs, I want to believe we won't be doing this . . . Look past the beef and tell me Rugged is flat wack . . . Dude's got delivery - he cuts the Naija version of Luda/Xzibit for me.
Re: ''Ruggedman Should Go Back To The Studio And Reply Me'' by BajaGold(m): 11:12am On Feb 27, 2009
The problem is a lot of people need to understand that no matter how much money you make as a rapper. . .
you still want to be respected for your lyricism. . .
becos in the long run that's what you get judged by.

Till tomorrow Jay is refered to as the greatest to ever do it, but even he said. . .

"Truthfully i wanna rhyme like common sense. . ./ but i made five mil. . . I ain't been rhyming like common since/"

Rugged started out doing hardcore like mode. . . but dumbed down for his audience cos hardcore wouldn't buy him a chrysler.

it is what it is
Re: ''Ruggedman Should Go Back To The Studio And Reply Me'' by BajaGold(m): 11:19am On Feb 27, 2009
Bamsyle:

@Javalove

Rugged may need to enhance his lyrics but he ain't bad overall. . . Dude's got delivery - he cuts the Naija version of Luda/Xzibit for me.

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king. Rugged came out at a time when there were loads of wack emcees. Back then you compared Rugged w Rasquie w eedris.

I truly believe if a new rapper came out today, IMO, with the same skillset as Rugged. . . He'll struggle. He's lucky he already has a fan base like dammiecool

Cos he'll be competing with MI, SauceKid, ikechukwu, Naeto C and all. . . . E go try gaan.
Re: ''Ruggedman Should Go Back To The Studio And Reply Me'' by debosky(m): 11:27am On Feb 27, 2009
Who is this mode9 sef? Rugged should go back to the studio?

The guy is making money and featuring in hit tracks, mode9 (who the heck is he anyways?)

This isn't about making dance tracks - Ruggedman came in and made a difference, has made tighter tracks talking more sense than some rubbish cocoyam head spitting, one timbolo owning, wannabe.

Rugged already has tight lyricism, he changed the game with Ruggedybaba - encouraging rapping in your mother tongue. He has tight lyrics, but he's MORE than that. Mode is simply a rapper - a wannabe clone of the 'hardcore' American guys. Beyond that, he's nothing. Out of his irrelevance, he wants to use Rugged to gain attention.

I hope he got at least one pair of timbz from death blow. loser. cheesy
Re: ''Ruggedman Should Go Back To The Studio And Reply Me'' by Bamsyle(m): 11:45am On Feb 27, 2009
BajaGold:

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king. Rugged came out at a time when there were loads of wack emcees. Back then you compared Rugged w Rasquie w eedris.

I truly believe if a new rapper came out today, IMO, with the same skillset as Rugged. . . He'll struggle. He's lucky he already has a fan base like dammiecool

Cos he'll be competing with MI, SauceKid, ikechukwu, Naeto C and all. . . . E go try gaan.

I don't quite agree with this . . .

I'm looking far beyond that era . . . I'm lookin' at 2008 . . . if "Thy Album Come" had been released last year, I'll still rate it above what the SauceKids, the Ikechukwus and the Naeto Cs of now are churning out . . . only MI might cut it for me . . . "Thy Album Come" was not a run-of-the-mill album by all standards . . .

Though I believe Rugged has lowered his ante since that album, he still has that delivery thingy . . .
Re: ''Ruggedman Should Go Back To The Studio And Reply Me'' by eldee(m): 11:54am On Feb 27, 2009
@Bajagold
You lot always make the same mistake,
Quality of lyrics? That's only a third of basic hiphop appreciation
The Jay-Z u're talking about dipped you in that same song.

'. . . I dumbed down to my audience for double my dollars
They criticised me for it, yet they all yell holla. . . '

@Bamsyle
Can't u sniff a good joke when you see one?
The timbs thing is just like the whole 'Jay-Z's a swagger jacker thing'
But seriously speaking, those timbs are more famous than Modenine cheesy cheesy cheesy
Do a review?? Thing is, you're mistaking me for sumone that gives a hoot bout this guy.

@Debosky
Don't diss Modenine. . .
DeathblowII's coming out, this time he's going to hit Rugged where it really hurts.
He'll tell us the secret and this time he'll compare Rugged's legs to, wait for it . . . Bamboo sticks!!! cheesy
Re: ''Ruggedman Should Go Back To The Studio And Reply Me'' by khanye(m): 12:01pm On Feb 27, 2009
debosky:

Who is this mode9 sef?

He's one of the best lyricist in 9ja if not the best,
Jay-z, Talib, Nas and other rapper gave props to this dude.
still you guyz thinks his hardcore thing is not paying him.

debosky link=topic=239699.msg3522540#msg3522540 date=1235730465:

Rugged should go back to the studio?

Yeah man, He asked for it, but now he's backing out,
He did Banging to reply Talking to you but now
he's scared of even doing the battle.

Mode Said: i will not trade words with him on any magazine, tell him to go back to the studio and do it the way real rappers do it.''

debosky:

Rugged already has tight lyricism,

Dude U must be joking about him being a lyricist cheesy
The dude got delivery but after that nuttin else undecided

debosky:

he changed the game with Ruggedybaba - encouraging rapping in your mother tongue. He has tight lyrics, but he's MORE than that.

He did'nt change anything dude,
Dude this aint Arsenal and Man Utd thingy,
Must everybody have the same way of doin things
Why are u not supporting chelsea?

debosky:

Does what u put one identify you as a rich person?
Re: ''Ruggedman Should Go Back To The Studio And Reply Me'' by Sauron1: 12:06pm On Feb 27, 2009
debosky:

Who is this mode9 sef? Rugged should go back to the studio?

He is a Fiddy wannabe. No wits, no nous, no ambition to blow up like nitro.
His mates are busting their guts to make cheddarz and he is still relishing a battle of verses with Ruggedman.
What a kike!!!

The guy is making money and featuring in hit tracks, mode9 (who the heck is he anyways?)

Africa's top selling rapper. 9 Platinums n still counting. Mode-9 is a SoundScan Killer. tongue tongue tongue

This isn't about making dance tracks - Ruggedman came in and made a difference, has made tighter tracks talking more sense than some rubbish cocoyam head spitting, one timbolo owning, wannabe.

Don't be disrespectful, u herb. Timberland boots are £120 a pair. E easy??

Rugged already has tight lyricism, he changed the game with Ruggedybaba - encouraging rapping in your mother tongue. He has tight lyrics, but he's MORE than that. Mode is simply a rapper - a wannabe clone of the 'hardcore' American guys. Beyond that, he's nothing. Out of his irrelevance, he wants to use Rugged to gain attention.

I agree with this.
Ruggedman liberated Nigerian upcoming artistes. He gave the belief that you can rap in Nigeria and make money.
He is the KRS-ONE of the Nigerian hip-hop industry.

Funkybaby is on her way to UPS to send him a new pair.
Nairaland solidarity in action for Mode-9.

eldee:

@Sauron
All this talk over modenine choice of footwear?
One day the guy go vex go buy timbs for Yaba, even if it means he'll have to squat with Terry da Rapman for three months. cheesy

U are crazy. . . . . . When are you getting itunes USA on your damned laptop??
If United beat SPURS on sunday, i am sending Mode-9's "Paradigm Shift" and Ruggedman's "Thy Album Cometh" to you.
I want u to compare the 2 cats and the variation each of em brings to ride on tracks. Ruggedman is miles ahead of Mode-9.
Re: ''Ruggedman Should Go Back To The Studio And Reply Me'' by debosky(m): 12:11pm On Feb 27, 2009
@ khanye

No, we mustn't all have the same way of doing things, but what exactly does Mode9 have over Ruggedman?

Ruggedman is more popular, has more hits, more awards and more sales than Mode9. Rugged's diss track about 'rapping like mumu' will forever be more popular than any of Mode9's, so in the words of Naeto C, kini big deal?  cheesy

In what area is Mode better? Lyrics? Is that the only determinant of a good hip hop artiste?

It's like scoring 80% in Biology but 10% in Physics, Chemistry, Math and English- you won't get admitted for medicine

Someone else who scores 70% in all five has a higher cummulative score, and is a better student.

Rugged is far better all round than Mode, that's the reality of the matter. Based on that, Rugged won't dedicate hours of recording and thinking over a mouse like Mode. He was asked questions in an interview and he replied off the cuff with no preparations like Benitez  grin. That is the end of the matter for rugged.

Let mode continue making diss tracks while Rugged continues raking in awards.
Re: ''Ruggedman Should Go Back To The Studio And Reply Me'' by Sauron1: 12:17pm On Feb 27, 2009
debosky:

Rugged is far better all round than Mode, that's the reality of the matter. Based on that, Rugged won't dedicate hours of recording and thinking over a mouse like Mode. He was asked questions in an interview and he replied off the cuff with no preparations like Benitez  grin. That is the end of the matter for rugged.

In other words, Ruggedman is more marketable. He is an attractive product unlike Mode-9.

And to think he is 40 and he is still throwing temper tantrums makes me sick to ma stomach.
Someone needs to remind him to channel his negative energy somewhere else.
Re: ''Ruggedman Should Go Back To The Studio And Reply Me'' by DBR: 12:20pm On Feb 27, 2009
Y'all funny dudes!
How many bars was death blow?
And all y'all can say is "cocoa yam lines? sayin it's wack?
Do y'all know the place of humour at all?
I guess when Nas spat words like
, scared to smile they call u ugly? u think u gettin gurls cos of ur looks
all yabbin JZ that he's ugly-those lines are wack too right?
Or when he spat-You no Mustache havin with whiskers like a rat
Are those not wat y'all wuldda called "elementary" or wack if t'was M-9 that spat 'em??
Have we not yabbed pple like dat when we were in pry/sec skool?
M-9 till date is still the heaviest lyricist we got. And just like other great lyricists u may consider
some of their lines elementary but as a whole they still got it locked.
oNe
Re: ''Ruggedman Should Go Back To The Studio And Reply Me'' by funkybaby(f): 12:22pm On Feb 27, 2009
debosky:

Who is this mode9 sef?

one timbolo owning, wannabe.

Mode is simply a rapper - a wannabe clone of the 'hardcore' American guys. Beyond that, he's nothing.

OUCH !!!!  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: ''Ruggedman Should Go Back To The Studio And Reply Me'' by Sauron1: 12:24pm On Feb 27, 2009
DBR:

M-9 till date is still the heaviest lyricist we got. And just like other great lyricists u may consider
oNe

I disagree with this.

Before Nas dissed Jigga, we all know what he was about. . . . .Illmatic, I Am, It Was Written(3 Undeniable classics).
If he decides to go elementary in one song, then we can naturally assume he is just clowning.
When Eminem was dissing Michael Jackson, Britney Spears n Janet Jackson's tits. . . .we all knew he was clowning cos we have seen doper stuffs from him in previous years. Whereas, Mode-9 does not have any credit history before coming up with those wack lines.
A debutant should give his best first before clowning otherwise the audience won't take him serious.
Re: ''Ruggedman Should Go Back To The Studio And Reply Me'' by funkybaby(f): 12:30pm On Feb 27, 2009
~Sauron~:

He is a Fiddy wannabe. No wits, no nous, no ambition to blow up like nitro.
His mates are busting their guts to make cheddarz and he is still relishing a battle of verses with Ruggedman.
What a kike!!!

Africa's top selling rapper. 9 Platinums n still counting. Mode-9 is a SoundScan Killer. tongue tongue tongue

Don't be disrespectful, u herb. Timberland boots are £120 a pair. E easy??

U are crazy. . . . . . When are you getting itunes USA on your damned laptop??
If United beat SPURS on sunday, i am sending Mode-9's "Paradigm Shift" and Ruggedman's "Thy Album Cometh" to you.
I want u to compare the 2 cats and the variation each of em brings to ride on tracks. Ruggedman is miles ahead of Mode-9.

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Brutality!!!!

How come you get away with all these and those crack heads mode9 fans do not eat you up grin grin
Re: ''Ruggedman Should Go Back To The Studio And Reply Me'' by Sauron1: 12:33pm On Feb 27, 2009
funkybaby:

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Brutality!!!!

How come you get away with all these and those crack heads mode9 fans do not eat you up grin grin

Becuz they know i am spewing the undiluted TRUTH!!!
Re: ''Ruggedman Should Go Back To The Studio And Reply Me'' by eldee(m): 12:52pm On Feb 27, 2009
@Sauron
Do u need Sisikill to explain my post to you?
Thy Album Come is on i-tunes USA? Damn!!

@DBR
Exactly . . . You used the word 'when'
We all grew up. . . Modenine should too. He's 40
At 40, Hov stopped replying to disses, Nas grew up too.
There comes a time in a man's life when he concentrates on doing his thing, making his mark and probably getting new timbs.
Mode15 finds that concept too hard to understand
Re: ''Ruggedman Should Go Back To The Studio And Reply Me'' by Sauron1: 12:57pm On Feb 27, 2009
eldee:

@Sauron
Do u need Sisikill to explain my post to you?
Thy Album Come is on i-tunes USA? Damn!!

It's been there since Dec. 2005(that was where i copped mine).
He is the first Nigerian artiste on i-tunes bar Fela Kuti.
Re: ''Ruggedman Should Go Back To The Studio And Reply Me'' by DBR: 12:59pm On Feb 27, 2009
debosky:

No, we mustn't all have the same way of doing things, but what exactly does Mode9 have over Ruggedman?

Ruggedman is more popular, has more hits, more awards and more sales than Mode9. Rugged's diss track about 'rapping like mumu' will forever be more popular than any of Mode9's, so in the words of Naeto C, kini big deal?  cheesy

RUGGEDY IS MORE POPULAR, MAYBE LOCALLY. BUT HAVE U SEEN A THREAD THAT 9JA HIPHOP IS DISCUSED AND M-9 NAME DOESNT COME UP

In what area is Mode better? Lyrics? Is that the only determinant of a good hip hop artiste?

YES LYRICS< VERSITILITY< CONCEPTS< POETIC IMAGERY<KICKIN KNOWLEDGE< AND INT. RECOGNITION

It's like scoring 80% in Biology but 10% in Physics, Chemistry, Math and English- you won't get admitted for medicine

Someone else who scores 70% in all five has a higher cummulative score, and is a better student.

Rugged is far better all round than Mode, that's the reality of the matter.

HE ONLY GOT FRIENDLIER DELIVERY, AS A RESULT OF HIS VOICE WHICH I LIKE. EXCEPT U'RE COUNTING HIS DANCERS AS HIS STAGE CRAFTMANSHIP. BUT LEFT ALONE ON STAGE HE AINT BETTER THAN M-9

Based on that, Rugged won't dedicate hours of recording and thinking over a mouse like Mode. He was asked questions in an interview and he replied off the cuff with no preparations like Benitez  grin. That is the end of the matter for rugged.

BUT HE COULD WASTE THE HOURS ON  A DISS TRACK VIDEO AND TURNED A REPORTER?

OH!, LIKE M-9 AINT RAKIN' IN AWARDS??PUHLEEEAZEEE!!

oNe
Re: ''Ruggedman Should Go Back To The Studio And Reply Me'' by Bamsyle(m): 1:03pm On Feb 27, 2009
eldee:

@Bamsyle
Can't u sniff a good joke when you see one?
The timbs thing is just like the whole 'Jay-Z's a swagger jacker thing'
But seriously speaking, those timbs are more famous than Modenine cheesy cheesy cheesy
Do a review?? Thing is, you're mistaking me for sumone that gives a hoot bout this guy.

I ain't wavin' no magic stick here either . . . seriously I ain't trying to save this drama . . . I like humor  . . . plus I ain't a die-hard fan of no Naija MC . . . methinks the scene's still evolving . . . but hey, for objectivity's sake - you don't give a hoot 'bout a dude whose timbz you keep discussing

C'mon, why not talk about his music
Re: ''Ruggedman Should Go Back To The Studio And Reply Me'' by kaypumpin2(m): 2:59pm On Feb 27, 2009
DBR:

Y'all funny dudes!
How many bars was death blow?
And all y'all can say is "cocoa yam lines? sayin it's wack?
Do y'all know the place of humour at all?
I guess when Nas spat words like
, scared to smile they call u ugly? u think u gettin gurls cos of ur looks
all yabbin JZ that he's ugly-those lines are wack too right?
Or when he spat-You no Mustache havin with whiskers like a rat
Are those not wat y'all wuldda called "elementary" or wack if t'was M-9 that spat 'em??
Have we not yabbed pple like dat when we were in pry/sec skool?
oNe

DBR the emboldened makes me e-laugh grin grin
So Mode lost his childhood and is doing NOW what we all did in pry/sec school ?Classic
But seriously,i'd like to ask why Mode 9 hasn't replied Ghetto P'diss and decided to reply via interview too,not a track,that he wouldn't want to dignify an unknown element with a response via track?
Mode is a lyricst no doubt,bar for some songs where he tries way to hard.Contradiction,I'm black,and 9 are some tracks i really love and i feel he should stick to battlling those "invisible foes" rather than an all out war as he seem he's not so good in this.
He should have stopped at "talking to you" really
Re: ''Ruggedman Should Go Back To The Studio And Reply Me'' by ofokasibe: 3:02pm On Feb 27, 2009
@kaypimpin
dont waste ur time arguing wit them .95% of the peeps here dont know the meaning of hiphop.
Re: ''Ruggedman Should Go Back To The Studio And Reply Me'' by DBR: 3:31pm On Feb 27, 2009
kay_pumpin:

DBR the emboldened makes me e-laugh grin grin
So Mode lost his childhood and is doing NOW what we all did in pry/sec school ?Classic
But seriously,i'd like to ask why Mode 9 hasn't replied Ghetto P'diss and decided to reply via interview too,not a track,that he wouldn't want to dignify an unknown element with a response via track?
Mode is a lyricst no doubt,bar for some songs where he tries way to hard.Contradiction,I'm black,and 9 are some tracks i really love and i feel he should stick to battlling those "invisible foes" rather than an all out war as he seem he's not so good in this.
He should have stopped at "talking to you" really
@
kay_pumpin
Dude, that line was in reference to Nas not M-9, duhhh
Y are u guys talkin like M-9 just woke up ystday to diss Ruggedy?
It was while doin his "invisible foe thingy that smone got scared and started insinuatin
shots is been taken at him.
Plus, guy always keep in mind that Ruggedy ACTUALLY asked for this!
I dont kno y y'all keep brushin that aside.
Cant we say JayZ shudda stopped at "Take over"?
The point of diss/beef is to get to a point where the other emcee got
nothin else to say, it's like a submission match.
Hence M-9 spat-
"i'ma prove it mic wise u got nothin to say"
As for Ghetto P, c'mon u can say M-9 didnt reply, but he did
tho not blatantly. Lines like "ur diss track was a missed call, no rply",
"kids wanna take shot but dont know wat the weapon is" and likes
are for that class of rappers takin shot at him. GhettoP aint even got an album.
The 1st thing we heard bout the guy is a diss single to M-9 and since then
wat else, dyu get?
oNe
Re: ''Ruggedman Should Go Back To The Studio And Reply Me'' by frijos(m): 3:32pm On Feb 27, 2009
@ ofoks, real talk
Re: ''Ruggedman Should Go Back To The Studio And Reply Me'' by rapjunkie(m): 3:43pm On Feb 27, 2009
debosky:

True dat!!

I'm loving this thread.

Thankfully, naija hip hop heads are not us dumb as Mode 'Timbo' 9 thinks we are.
Re: ''Ruggedman Should Go Back To The Studio And Reply Me'' by DBR: 3:45pm On Feb 27, 2009
~Sauron~:

I disagree with this.

Before Nas dissed Jigga, we all know what he was about. . . . .Illmatic, I Am, It Was Written(3 Undeniable classics).
If he decides to go elementary in one song, then we can naturally assume he is just clowning.
When Eminem was dissing Michael Jackson, Britney Spears n Janet Jackson's tits. . . .we all knew he was clowning cos we have seen doper stuffs from him in previous years. Whereas, [b]Mode-9 does not have any credit history [/b]before coming up with those wack lines.
A [b]debutant [/b]should give his best first before clowning otherwise the audience won't take him serious.
Hey Saurone, quite a while, wats up?
Ok, back to the IAH.
So u didnt kno he was "clownin with that line? c'mon, dude
Em can decide to go all clownin with those guys, check ur list those aint hiphop artist
Y will he need to go heavy on them, they got no issues, dyu get?
And Saurone, M-9's got credit history. He's been named the best lyricist time and again
got awards to show for it, got recogniton by rappers we admire for it.So dude that ur point
didnt cut it, sorry smiley
From his malcomix, pentium ix, el puribus unum, mixtapes and all, his "lyricability" is well known
and regarded, so if he decides to spit "cocoyam" as Nas spat "u no get "moustache" it's
all got. none haters know he's just humour.
And really who determines at what stage u can decide to clown with JUST 1 line in ur carrer?
Cos we got artistes who r just comic rappers, dont we?
oNe
Re: ''Ruggedman Should Go Back To The Studio And Reply Me'' by dejiariyo: 4:18pm On Feb 27, 2009
i don't know why artist personality is much more important to us thats the music or lyrics they give out
anytime i read some post on here,i wonder if jayz,wyclef,talib kweli and nas who acknowledge modenine lyrical ability are so dumb to give props to this guy but i am now realizing thats its a Nigerian thing.i wonderwhy any hiphop artist from the USA comes down to Nigeria pple like ruggedman can not even be with them,you wonder why cos most of us know when its comes to lyrical ability modenine holds it.
i am waiting for the time when u guys will sit down and analyse modenine lyrical prowess and tell me songs like ni[b]ne,contradiction,Africa,cry,spasmodic e.t.c[/b] are all whack and lack lyrical depth.
i have listened to track from nas,jayz,Lil Wayne and kanye west thats may be termed whack but they are highly regarded as lyricist cos pple judge them by their good works but the reverse is the case in Nigeria.in the song death blow there are lines that really made good sense a e.g am bringing a wrecking ball for your sand castle
built to out spit out wit and outlast you
My delivery bangs like letter bomb parcels

why cant you look at good things in pple and not the bad side of them,its not that we are family members with this artiste,so why cant we put all this hatred aside and judge them lyrically, in south Africa they way ahead of Nigeria when its comes to hiphop and the only Nigeria they really recognise in there and over Africa is not ruggedman but modenine,i wonder if they all dumb as well.i agree modenine may have some whack lines but he has more tight lines,so why cant you judge him all over rather than a couple of lines and his personality?
Re: ''Ruggedman Should Go Back To The Studio And Reply Me'' by DBR: 4:25pm On Feb 27, 2009
eldee:

@DBR
Exactly . . . You used the word 'when'
We all grew up. . . Modenine should too. He's 40
At 40, Hov stopped replying to disses, Nas grew up too.
There comes a time in a man's life when he concentrates on doing his thing, making his mark and probably getting new timbs.
Mode15 finds that concept too hard to understand
@
eldee
dude, are u for real with this?
First all, who says Jay is the cast-in-stone age template check for diss
or hiphop in general??
It comes when it comes bruv.
Can u boldly say Jay didnt take shot at dudes recently?
Or wat year was the Gallagher shot?
In "aint i", "True Life", put on remix" "go hard"
can u say he aint respondin' to some shots taken at him?
i doubt that much.
oNe
Re: ''Ruggedman Should Go Back To The Studio And Reply Me'' by ofokasibe: 4:34pm On Feb 27, 2009
dejiariyo:

modenine has more tight lines,so why cant you judge him all over rather than a couple of lines and his personality?

WELL SAID DEJI!
. HIS PAIR OF SHOES HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH HIPHOP.
Re: ''Ruggedman Should Go Back To The Studio And Reply Me'' by rapjunkie(m): 5:02pm On Feb 27, 2009
@dejirayo

So you have to wait for others to tell you who is your best MC and then follow them like goats?

I thought Nas said illbliss was the best rapper in naija?

I think we can all think for ourselves, thank you!

Mode9 is suffering from a very large self inflated ego which makes him believe that his nursery rhymes like ' i'm bringing  a wrecking ball for your sand castle' are the greatest, wittiest lines ever spit by a naija MC.

OJB got better lines than that grin
Re: ''Ruggedman Should Go Back To The Studio And Reply Me'' by dejiariyo: 5:19pm On Feb 27, 2009
@rapjunkie
I thought Nas said illbliss was the best rapper in naija?
did i say nas said modenine is the best in nigeria?i said he gave him props for his lyrical ability,tell me any naija emcee who is well recognised in the world than modenine,he may not be well respected in nigeria but i tell you this guy has his place in african hiphop and if deathblow is the only modenine track you know then i dont think u in any position to judge.
jayz,wyclef,talib kweli and nas, any artist these guys give props shud be highly respected,tell me any rapper in nigeria thats come close to that.
Re: ''Ruggedman Should Go Back To The Studio And Reply Me'' by tosinaded(m): 5:26pm On Feb 27, 2009
omo na wa o grin

everybody sha ey talk wetin him know cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

A nairalander joery6 Drops New Single 25th October 2015. / Top 5 Free Nigerian Music Blogs/sites To Submit Your Songs To / Kelly Hansome – Verbal Gymnastics (open Letter Cover)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.