Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,088 members, 7,916,164 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 04:47 PM

Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Tells Journalist To 'shut Up' On Live Radio - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Tells Journalist To 'shut Up' On Live Radio (28440 Views)

Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe's Handshake With Ude Oko Chukwu In New York (Pics) / Nnamdi Kanu's Bail Signed By Jewish Rabbi & Enyinnaya Abaribe In Abuja (Photos) / Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Gave APC An Unhealable Injury At The Plenary Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Tells Journalist To 'shut Up' On Live Radio by dokyOloye: 11:08am On Jun 24, 2015
christee:
I LISTENED TO THE PROGRAMME THIS MORNING,

WHEN THE SENATOR PICKED HIS CALL AND SAID HELLO,
THE JOURNALIST INTRODUCED HIMSELF FIRST AS DR AHMED ISAH, THE VOICE OF THE VOICELESS
THE NEXT THING THE SENATOR SAID WAS SHUT UP
AHMED ISAH DID NOT REBUKE THE SENATORS, HIS CREW DID
AHMED ISAH STILL SUPPORTED EVEN TILL THE TIME THE SENATOR CALLED BACK

I THINK THE SENATOR WAS WRONG ON HIS OWN SIDE, HIS MANNER OF APPROACH AS A PUBLIC FIGURE IS VERY IMPORTANT EVEN HE IS UNDER PRESSURE.
HE DID NOT ELECT HIMSELF THERE, THE MASSES DID, SO HE SHOULD LEARN TO COMPORT HIMSELF ANY TIME WHENEVER BECAUSE HE IS THERE TO SOLVE PROBLEMS

FOR THOSE THAT SAID AHMED INSULTED THE SENATOR, YOU CAN LISTEN TO TODAY'S EPISODE OF THE PROGRAMME ON FACEBOOK
What sort of intro is that,considering he was talking to som1 who does not know him nor his 'voice of d voiceless' title, was not expecting his call and probably recieves hundreds of prank calls every day?
He shld have at least said "I am Ahmed Isah from SO SO RADIO STATION AND U ARE ON LIVE RADIO SIR".
Infact,it is in total bad faith not to have given him a prior notice even if by text message that he will be calling him and putting him on live radio.

3 Likes

Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Tells Journalist To 'shut Up' On Live Radio by choplex(f): 11:09am On Jun 24, 2015
fizzile:
WHAT DO U EXPECT WHEN HE IS FROM ABIA STATE? HAVE YOU EVER HEARD ANYTN GOOD ABOUT ABIA?
My dear, i'd advise u to make good use of ur sense, dats if u have any. I don't undastand why people display their stupidity on public forums like dis.

2 Likes

Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Tells Journalist To 'shut Up' On Live Radio by maq1976: 11:13am On Jun 24, 2015
if you are follower of the program called (BREKETE FAMILY PROGRAM on LOVE FM 104.5 ABUJA) you will agree with me that the presenter (Ahmed Issah) called IGP, Controller Generals, Army, head of service and other public officers unaware . i listened to d program this morning and i was shocked to hear "SHUT UP" from serving senator. The senator is serving Nigerians he should be able to know which call is genniue or not before he answered in such manner. Beside, the presenter had told him(senator) that he was on live Radio program before their conversation, i believed the senator might have heard about the presenter's activist then decided to transfer aggression on his personality

1 Like

Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Tells Journalist To 'shut Up' On Live Radio by enigmang: 11:15am On Jun 24, 2015
Mamaflex:
Does that give him the right to tell him to shut up?

shut up (or shut someone up)
phrasal verb of shut
informal
stop (or cause someone to stop) talking.
"just shut up and listen"
synonyms: be quiet, keep/stay quiet, be/keep/stay silent, hold one's tongue, keep one's lips sealed; More
Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Tells Journalist To 'shut Up' On Live Radio by ffo(m): 11:17am On Jun 24, 2015
dorofresh:
Calling on Abuja members of this forum who tuned in to HEBELEMBE this morning to confirm this so the mods can do the needful. Thanks!!!
bros, i listened to the program, he actually said that

2 Likes

Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Tells Journalist To 'shut Up' On Live Radio by ffo(m): 11:20am On Jun 24, 2015
okenikpoto:
exactly, blame the presenter for the gaffe because they ought to have pre-informed him. There is nothing wrong in what the senator did. What if a particular number has been on him since and maybe he assumed it was still that number. The journalist was virtually wrong professionally and should even apologise to the lawmaker.
i listened to the program, he introduced himself to the senator, before he told him SHUT UP!

2 Likes

Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Tells Journalist To 'shut Up' On Live Radio by Nobody: 11:22am On Jun 24, 2015
MosakuAW:
This is why one needs to be calm whenever you receive a phone call from a known or unknown number.

The Senetor is very wrong to have sounded that way but the presenter should have also informed him before placing him on live radio.

The senator is a public "property" but his phone is not.

My opinion thou.

Afterall, he is human.

Spot on!

1 Like

Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Tells Journalist To 'shut Up' On Live Radio by Neplusultra(f): 11:24am On Jun 24, 2015
Yea! Shut d hell up! grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Tells Journalist To 'shut Up' On Live Radio by ModiKen(m): 11:25am On Jun 24, 2015
No matter what he shouldn't have told the radio presenter to shut up on or off air.

Just an example of the kind of people we have representing us in government.

Won't be surprised to see punches flying left and right in this 8th Assembly once our lawmakers receive their much criticized "wardrobe allowance".

What am I even saying sef? They have already started exchanging "political punches" na the physical one remain.

3 Likes

Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Tells Journalist To 'shut Up' On Live Radio by pek(m): 11:29am On Jun 24, 2015
Sometimes I feel Ahmed Isah over steps his bounds. Agreed he is doing a wonderful job but he is no demi god. He believes he is the epitome of true journalism. You can't just call a man without notice and put him on live radio! The man may not be in the right frame of mind, may not be acquainted with the subject under discussion. He was expecting a call from channels TV who had informed him before

1 Like

Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Tells Journalist To 'shut Up' On Live Radio by Richy4(m): 11:35am On Jun 24, 2015
And why is everyone acting like it is a strange thing?

Here in Nairaland, many cannot basically make their point known without insulting anyone who got an opposite point of view. If you doubt me hit the political section button.. that's why many like me can hardly hit that button.

I used to think it was a Nigeria thing till i met some cultured ones. The way many comport themselves leaves a lot to be desired.

So people should act right even when they are not being watched.
And a lot of people dish out insult like food. No one should act like it is a new trend.

1 Like

Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Tells Journalist To 'shut Up' On Live Radio by Sagamite(m): 11:37am On Jun 24, 2015
dorofresh:
Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe the Senator representing Abia South Senatorial District in Abia State, was called from Crowther Fm 104.5 in Abuja in a popular Radio Programme called 'HEBELEMBE'.

To the utmost shock of Nigerians, this sitting Senator shouted at the presenter Dr. Ahmed Issa popularly known as the 'Ordinary President' to 'SHUT UP' and stop disturbing his number that he was busy. Unknowing to him, he was on LIVE Radio.

This was in respect of about 400 SEA WHARF Workers whose Rig was closed and sold by the Federal Government about two years ago without adequate compensation.

On realizing his gaffe, he called back trying to do damage control.

Now my point is: Is this kind of behavior and language expected from a distinguished senator of the Federal Republic? His defense was that he did not know he was on LIVE Radio and that he should have been informed before hand.

This programme is still ongoing as I type. What's your view on this?

SOURCE: 104.5 crowther FM Abuja

You are a cretinous fuuktard!

What is wrong with telling a journalist to shut up?

How is telling someone to shut up some problematic "behaviour" or "language" by a Senator?

Cretin, if you have no sensible accusation or argument to make, shut up!

1 Like

Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Tells Journalist To 'shut Up' On Live Radio by oloriooko(m): 11:39am On Jun 24, 2015
I actually wanted to post this topic today but could not cuz I did not get the senators name.
The senator actually thought it was a scam call and reacted in that manner even after Ahmed introduced himself as usual.

Thus singular act of the senator is not enough to nail him or crucify him even Ahmed alluded to this.
It was an unfortunate incident which should be overlooked

2 Likes

Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Tells Journalist To 'shut Up' On Live Radio by Btruth: 11:40am On Jun 24, 2015
dokyOloye:
From what I have pieced together here,d presenter one of those ppl who think b/cos they are on air and have a followership,they are now celebrities cos few of his listeners her are like "I trust d presenter to deal wt d senator", d other one was like "by d time d presenter finishes d senator,he will be as good as dead" etc.
So,wt these,U can already decode d personality of d so called presenter.
No, things should not be like that. We shouldn't be biased with our actions to our rulers, after all, they are human being too. I think majority should learn from this, and make an adjustment. Thank you sir.
Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Tells Journalist To 'shut Up' On Live Radio by fujirice: 11:40am On Jun 24, 2015
Since I toast my babe mama for phone finish, my life changed for good as per answering phone calls. Sen Abararibe I have been there, take heart. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Tells Journalist To 'shut Up' On Live Radio by ransomed: 11:41am On Jun 24, 2015
dorofresh:
Calling on Abuja members of this forum who tuned in to HEBELEMBE this morning to confirm this so the mods can do the needful. Thanks!!!
::--I heard him live on radio when he shouted on ordinary Ahmed Isah to SHUT UP, never to call him again. This is an act that is unbecoming of a distinguis senator of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. The senator has proven beyond reason doubt that the upper and lower chambers are filled with people of questionable characters with unparallel ego, disdain, impenitence and hatred towards the public they claim to represent. Some people call them legislathieves but, my friend call them "legislooters"(Legalized Looters)

1 Like

Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Tells Journalist To 'shut Up' On Live Radio by meforyou1(m): 11:44am On Jun 24, 2015
it is very wrong of ahmed isah to call and put somebody on air without his knowledge. that's against journalism ethics, though loud mouthahmed isah is not even a journalist. that's why he was shot by akwa ibom thugs

1 Like

Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Tells Journalist To 'shut Up' On Live Radio by Mamaflex(f): 11:55am On Jun 24, 2015
dokyOloye:
yes,d frigging journalist shld have @ least sent d senator an sms telling him 'I am so so person from so so radio station and I will like to call U and put U on air b/w so so time today'.
Read thru d rest of d posts here and U will see that d presenter called him and said "I am d ordinary president" bla bla bla".
If U were in his position,wouldn't U assume it was a prank call?
Does the presenter think he is a celebrity who shld be known by everybody including senators.
Me I live in Abuja too and I don't know who is d "ordinary president".
Wait o! If someone called you, simply because you don't know who the person is or because the person didn't pre-informed you, then y'll tell the person to shut up?

My dear this is a serving senator representing a people/constituency. He is a public servant and anybody can call him.

He is just uncouth. That's all. EOD.

1 Like

Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Tells Journalist To 'shut Up' On Live Radio by zubby29(m): 11:55am On Jun 24, 2015
na u call dem distinguished senators.99% of dem der are thieves

1 Like

Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Tells Journalist To 'shut Up' On Live Radio by frakdon(m): 11:57am On Jun 24, 2015
Well I think I won't too blame the senator yu knw cuz Isa didn't introduce himself well enough to the senator, they'd cleared things up thou when the senator called back nd Isa apologised...... Even me sef surprised on hw Isa was talking to the senator when he first called him.... Well that 1 don pass I guess...
Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Tells Journalist To 'shut Up' On Live Radio by Paentera(m): 11:59am On Jun 24, 2015
He is from the Orubebe school of thought!!!

Constitute a nuisance then apologize later.

1 Like

Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Tells Journalist To 'shut Up' On Live Radio by dokyOloye: 12:00pm On Jun 24, 2015
Mamaflex:
Wait o! If someone called you, simply because you don't know who the person is or because the person didn't pre-informed you, then y'll tell the person to shut up?

My dear this is a serving senator representing a people/constituency. He is a public servant and anybody can call him.

He is just uncouth. That's all. EOD.
If someone I don't know calls me and his first sentence is "I am d "voice of d voiceless",I'd be really really apprehensive.
He shld hav sent d senator at least a text message informing him b4 calling.
DO U KNOW D NUMBER OF PRANK CALLS THESE PPL RECEIVE DAILY?
Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Tells Journalist To 'shut Up' On Live Radio by naira0(m): 12:02pm On Jun 24, 2015
[size=15pt]CHAiiiii[/size]
Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Tells Journalist To 'shut Up' On Live Radio by frakdon(m): 12:02pm On Jun 24, 2015
pek:
Sometimes I feel Ahmed Isah over steps his bounds. Agreed he is doing a wonderful job but he is no demi god. He believes he is the epitome of true journalism. You can't just call a man without notice and put him on live radio! The man may not be in the right frame of mind, may not be acquainted with the subject under discussion. He was expecting a call from channels TV who had informed him before
yes bro...

I think today was an off day for him, from the on set this morning.
Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Tells Journalist To 'shut Up' On Live Radio by s3nn2x(m): 12:04pm On Jun 24, 2015
I listened to the programme and was shocked to my bones. Those people supporting the Senators should have their heads checked.

Is he the only Senator in the country or does he have two heads? The Senator was rude from the onset. The Presenter introduced himself and tried to strike a conversation with him, but the Senator kept telling him to keep quiet and not to call his number again. The Senator should be polite because he doesnt know who is who.

Can any of you compare Senator Effiong and Senator Abaribe? Both of them were called during the programme and both answered different ways. Even, Senator Effiong was kind of insulted by the Presenter but he did no lose his cool.

The only reason Senator Abaribe called back was because someone told him that the Presenter insulted him on air and called him an idiot. He only called because he was doing damage control and nothing else. At the end he did not even say anything.

Most people commenting on this thread do not listen to the programme and do not know what happens. Besides, the presenter did not insult the Senator even when his co-presenters we trying to make him say something against the Senator.

1 Like

Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Tells Journalist To 'shut Up' On Live Radio by crackhouse(m): 12:15pm On Jun 24, 2015
dorofresh:
this is very correct. I listened to the program. I am sure that's how he suppress poor people because he is a senator. American senators move unoticed but here in Nigeria they act like small gods. Nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Tells Journalist To 'shut Up' On Live Radio by Otunbatrafford: 12:19pm On Jun 24, 2015
Is very simple. He failed mystery shopping. They should arraign him for Senate DC. Secondly, no Pay for performance for him this year.
Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Tells Journalist To 'shut Up' On Live Radio by legatto(m): 12:39pm On Jun 24, 2015
This is trend is really a trash, why don't they inform him before calling him I think I would have done more than what he did especially with this kind of tending in NASS. Dos radio station are still learners who fall to do what was right
Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Tells Journalist To 'shut Up' On Live Radio by synergycom19: 12:44pm On Jun 24, 2015
Igbo politicians are worst people in terms of human relationship and humility
Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Tells Journalist To 'shut Up' On Live Radio by eaglechild: 12:46pm On Jun 24, 2015
s3nn2x:
I listened to the programme and was shocked to my bones. Those people supporting the Senators should have their heads checked.

Is he the only Senator in the country or does he have two heads? The Senator was rude from the onset. The Presenter introduced himself and tried to strike a conversation with him, but the Senator kept telling him to keep quiet and not to call his number again. The Senator should be polite because he doesnt know who is who.

Can any of you compare Senator Effiong and Senator Abaribe? Both of them were called during the programme and both answered different ways. Even, Senator Effiong was kind of insulted by the Presenter but he did no lose his cool.

The only reason Senator Abaribe called back was because someone told him that the Presenter insulted him on air and called him an idiot. He only called because he was doing damage control and nothing else. At the end he did not even say anything.

Most people commenting on this thread do not listen to the programme and do not know what happens. Besides, the presenter did not insult the Senator even when his co-presenters we trying to make him say something against the Senator.

You do not put a public officer on a live interview via phone without any prior information.

The senator also has his own rights.
They should learn from Channels.
Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Tells Journalist To 'shut Up' On Live Radio by Rollyberry(m): 12:49pm On Jun 24, 2015
THIS SHOWS YOU THE KINDA BASTARDS WE HAVE AS SENATORS...SO UNCULTURED AND MANNERLESS

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Charly Boy: Biafra Will Not Change Anything, It Will Only Increase Suffering / Obi Is A Simp Who Cry Like A Teenage Girl Dumped By Her Boyfriend - Omokri / Strike: NLC Is Sold Out –ex-vice President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.