Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,010 members, 7,933,418 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 06:38 AM

When Love Dies, Will You Stay For The Sake Of Your Children? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When Love Dies, Will You Stay For The Sake Of Your Children? (14862 Views)

When You Stay Abroad And Leave Your Wife And Little Kids Back Home / Sacrifice All For Sake Of My Hubby / Would You Stay In The Labor Room With Your Wife?! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Love Dies, Will You Stay For The Sake Of Your Children? by cheekee(f): 9:08am On Feb 02, 2006
love never dies!!!!! and theres always a way out to every problem!!!we can always find resolutions God brings oasis in the middle of the desert so i'll just find a way!!!i believe theres always a way where there seems to be no way!!!
Re: When Love Dies, Will You Stay For The Sake Of Your Children? by adexway(m): 12:08pm On Feb 02, 2006
FELLAS,
In most cases, we allow the urge and desire we have for the other sex to lead us into a journey we might not have wished to embark upon -marriage. Thereafter we seem to regret walking down to the altar. He then seems the ugliest being to imagine sharing ones life with.
Do the words Love, Infatuation and Lust ring any bell in our ears? Infatuation is just like a flower- it fades off as soon as it’s at the brightest. Love itself is like a tree- there is always hope for a cut down tree. Forget Lust.
If we ask our latest couples how well they got to know there spouse before tying the knot, it will be surprising they dated well enough, yet the ugly side of him/her wasn’t obvious then. Marriage, of a truth is about commitment, not only for your spouse but for the sake of your children.
But have any of us asked, what happens when the sweet rhymes of love turns sour between barrens? Do you advise them to part ways? Many barrens have learnt to live in peace without an inch of trouble. That is what true love is-
NEVER SAY BYE.
Re: When Love Dies, Will You Stay For The Sake Of Your Children? by justme: 2:09pm On Feb 02, 2006
i won't stay in a loveless marriage for the sake of my children, cos those kids will grow up tomorrow and make a life for themselves and by then i might have grown old, too old to start again, therefore if love goes sour, i'll fast and pray for GOD's guidance, also i'll try my best to put it back on track(cos it might well be my fault) but if all avenues are exhausted and nothing happens, abeg i dey waka o, better single and happy than married and unhappy sad, i had an aunt who died in a loveless marriage, now the husband has re-married
Re: When Love Dies, Will You Stay For The Sake Of Your Children? by papermoon(f): 7:37pm On Feb 15, 2006
when love dies IM GETTING THE HELL OUTTA THERE AND TAKING MY KIDS WITH ME.
Re: When Love Dies, Will You Stay For The Sake Of Your Children? by monie0078(f): 5:39am On Feb 17, 2006
Who says love never dies? That's awfully naive, don't you think? Love does die. It's unfortunate and sad, but it does die. If love does die in my relationship, I will NOT stay for the sake of my children. I'd take my children, and give them a life that isn't filled with bitterness, arguements, fights, or pain. My mom stayed with my dad (she's still with him) for over 30 years, and growing up, she always told my sister and I that she stayed because of us. I never did understand it, and I still don't. She was never happy, he was constantly cheating and beating, and by the time we grew up, there was nothing but resentment and anger towards both of them. Towards him for treating us like crap, and her for not taking our happiness into consideration and leaving, They're still together today, and neither of them is really happy. She's incredibly bitter, and has been reduced to one of those constantly nagging, crying, whining wives, and he's retired, old, and tired, they hardly speak because there's nothing to talk about, and when they do attempt to, she's always bringing up crap he did in the past while he tries to justify 'em.

My sister and I? My sister hardly speaks to my dad at all, when she calls him, it's filled with long, awkward bouts of silence while they both search for common ground on which to communicate, whilst when she speaks to my mom, it's filled with resentment at her not leaving while she had a chance,

It's odd, with me, the whole situation has turned me into this defensive, independent person who's sometimes too independent or defensive. I find that I'm so determined not to end up like my mom that I overreact sometimes, and don't know when to just let things be. It's NEVER in the best of the child to stay in a loveless relationship, it really isn't. You're exposing them to hate, pain, resentment, and inevitably regret, My opinion.
Re: When Love Dies, Will You Stay For The Sake Of Your Children? by Rhodalyn(f): 11:43am On Feb 17, 2006
papermoon:

me 2
Re: When Love Dies, Will You Stay For The Sake Of Your Children? by Nobody: 4:45pm On Feb 24, 2006
when i say i see marriage to be back-breaking, a lot of people tell me to shut up cause I am too young to understand, but as for me i don't see anything special in it. a ring in your hand a sign on a paper make no difference when you love someone. it's impossible to love someone forever. love is a flame, one day it will fade. and that day I am taking my lovely ass out of that ***
Re: When Love Dies, Will You Stay For The Sake Of Your Children? by reniks(f): 9:32pm On Mar 06, 2006
For my kids,i kno i'l do ANYTHIN.I'l stay n do ALL i can 2 work it out.If after all my efforts it doesnt work out i'l leave.There r times wen love dies 4 real.I av a friend whose parents decided 2 stay 2getha in a loveless marriage cos of religion n d kids,but d tension,quarrels n stuff btw d parents is drivin r crazy dt she'l ratha av them divorced.I wont want dt 4 my kids so if we cant restore d love its no use givin d kids false illusions.
Re: When Love Dies, Will You Stay For The Sake Of Your Children? by reniks(f): 9:33pm On Mar 06, 2006
For my kids,i kno i'l do ANYTHIN.I'l stay n do ALL i can 2 work it out.If after all my efforts it doesnt work out i'l leave.There r times wen love dies 4 real.I av a friend whose parents decided 2 stay 2getha in a loveless marriage cos of religion n d kids,but d tension,quarrels n stuff btw d parents is drivin r crazy dt she'l ratha av them divorced.I wont want dt 4 my kids so if we cant restore d love its no use givin d kids false illusions.
Re: When Love Dies, Will You Stay For The Sake Of Your Children? by babymine(f): 11:09am On Mar 07, 2006
Maybe, maybe not. Can't say cos it won't happen to me. grin
Re: When Love Dies, Will You Stay For The Sake Of Your Children? by cheekee(f): 8:45pm On Mar 09, 2006
papermoon:

thats funny grin grin
Re: When Love Dies, Will You Stay For The Sake Of Your Children? by mamaput(f): 10:04pm On Mar 09, 2006
The kids one is staying for will grow and go.
My Kids are between 10 and 17 all of them have their free time activities, hobbies ,school and Friends.
Better to go
go as in go and get a life and not wait till you grow old you only live once.
the sooner one goes the better.
that will even stop the dirty fights that take place in a devoice.
Re: When Love Dies, Will You Stay For The Sake Of Your Children? by eveseh(f): 3:05pm On Apr 28, 2006
i will stay
Re: When Love Dies, Will You Stay For The Sake Of Your Children? by Kadeejah(f): 4:41am On Jun 20, 2006
ye ill stay coz ma kidz will alwayz come first
if i dint stay ma kidz wud end up livin da same life as i do righ now
dat wont be fair to them knowin dat i can help dem become better people in life
Re: When Love Dies, Will You Stay For The Sake Of Your Children? by lauryn(f): 5:56pm On Aug 08, 2006
No
Re: When Love Dies, Will You Stay For The Sake Of Your Children? by ladykool(f): 8:47pm On Sep 23, 2006
if luv dies why will i stay, i will take my kids along with me and if he don't want me too fine take care of them but i will still see ma kids cuz if luv dies, i don't see the point staying there when u will not enjoy de marriage.
Re: When Love Dies, Will You Stay For The Sake Of Your Children? by ThoniaSlim(f): 1:23am On Dec 10, 2006
anything is worth doing for my children
Re: When Love Dies, Will You Stay For The Sake Of Your Children? by frankiriri(m): 7:47am On Jan 27, 2007
Depends on what killed the love.
if its just that the passion is dead then I'll work at bringing passion back into the marraige and even if its doesn't work but we still have mutual respect for each other I will stay.
If not seperation will be the best especially when it can be done without the bitterness.
Re: When Love Dies, Will You Stay For The Sake Of Your Children? by NiteAngel(m): 8:30pm On Feb 06, 2007
When love dies? Be true to your partner and let him/her know; the decision of leaving or staying should be based on info.
Re: When Love Dies, Will You Stay For The Sake Of Your Children? by Adedigold(f): 9:34am On Feb 07, 2007
As a matter of fact any reasonable woman should not abandon her kids because the husband no more have interest in her or something. It is alwaysbe regret in the case of the woman thereafter.
Re: When Love Dies, Will You Stay For The Sake Of Your Children? by feelgood(m): 10:34am On Feb 07, 2007
Why should love die? True love never dies. As the years roll by it matures and takes on a new
shape that is worth experiencing and enjoying. Still on with the wife of my youth for 16 years
now and still having fun - the kids also smile when I hug her publicly and crack jokes (only both of us
understand). It is always great for the kids when love glows. A lot of folks believe that marriage remains in the
state as it was when couple was courting or just exchanged vows. Not possible. Even humans change over the years.
What you used to do and enjoy in your earlier years later becomes childish if you continue in them. That has not
made anyone disapprove of him or herself. Then why do we expect marriage relationships to remain static.
Anything that is static eventually rots while any dynamic thing can self destruct if not well managed and directed
or controlled through inexperience.

But then if love dies nko? Something must have happened along the line to make the flames go
off. Why not 'get matches and kindle the fire again and let the house aglow with warmth and radiance.
Too many Talk show hosts/hostesses and (unqualified, though certificated) counsellors who could not make a success
of their marriages are becoming today's role models - especially when such people have made it big in their
careers. We are in a world that is full of TVs/media and technological gizmos and we tend to lap up every hype that is thrown out
as hip, in and real stuff.

Months ago, a colleague complained that his marriage was going under and a lot of blame was put on the woman. He
sought my counsel (especially as I am a believer in making marriages work). We talked a while and I made him promise to
read the book "Chicken Soup For the Soul - 1st edition". A week after, I told him to ignore the woman's failings and instead begin
to see and mention her good points even to her. Tough act it was, but worth taking up as a challenge - and take the challenge
he did. Now, the couple can hardly get enough of each other. Finding each other's good points and saying them, is no more a
challenge - IT HAS BECOME A HABIT. Their kid is better of for it.

When Love Dies, STAY an rekindle the fire for the sake of your kids, husband and self
Re: When Love Dies, Will You Stay For The Sake Of Your Children? by frankiriri(m): 3:05pm On Feb 07, 2007
@ feelgood
I go come for lecture o. cheesy
U sure made me feel good grin grin
Re: When Love Dies, Will You Stay For The Sake Of Your Children? by omogenaija(f): 4:19am On Feb 13, 2007
i think that parents should sit there kids down and let them know the truth. no need to pretend to be in love when your not.

i rather have a stepmom or stepdad then to have my parents be married together and cheat ,
Re: When Love Dies, Will You Stay For The Sake Of Your Children? by frankiriri(m): 6:19am On Feb 13, 2007
shocked
Re: When Love Dies, Will You Stay For The Sake Of Your Children? by Nixxie: 6:07pm On May 12, 2007
Hello Everyone ,

Ive been around that block myself , I always believed that it was best to stay for the sake of the children ,
I didnt even realise that my marriage was in dire straits , I was so clueless.
I never left , he did , it nearly tore me apart . didnt do much good for the kids either , needless to say he sees them as
often as his hectic life schedule allows, When he is not with a new g/f , out deep sea diving , partying etc.

I re-married , thought that being with someone who was the opposite of what No1 was would be good,
someone who understood my quirks , laughed at the same kind of things I did , had a penchant for dark humor
had also been used and hurt , so I was careful , tried to make only pretty pictures , tried to hide all the sad and bad everyday things.
Now I have someone , who wont kiss me because I like it too much , wont make love to me , because I want him too much
never forgets to let me know that he can and does satisfy himself .

I am now like a heroin addict , I have tried to let go , but I cant , I hurt too much , I die too much , need to much and
cry too much.

Whats wrong with me , what makes me so stupid and un-loveable ? I ask this every day , every day I dust myself off
pick up my pride , or whats left of it and go to work , hide my heartache and hide my everything ,
Re: When Love Dies, Will You Stay For The Sake Of Your Children? by CrazyMan(m): 8:01pm On May 12, 2007
I don't pray for my relationship to die or to break apart

So i don't have any answer to that question wink
Re: When Love Dies, Will You Stay For The Sake Of Your Children? by frankiriri(m): 9:13pm On May 12, 2007
Nixxie:

Hello Everyone ,

Ive been around that block myself , I always believed that it was best to stay for the sake of the children ,
I didnt even realise that my marriage was in dire straits , I was so clueless.
I never left , he did , it nearly tore me apart . didnt do much good for the kids either , needless to say he sees them as
often as his hectic life schedule allows, When he is not with a new g/f , out deep sea diving , partying etc.

I re-married , thought that being with someone who was the opposite of what No1 was would be good,
someone who understood my quirks , laughed at the same kind of things I did , had a penchant for dark humor
had also been used and hurt , so I was careful , tried to make only pretty pictures , tried to hide all the sad and bad everyday things.
Now I have someone , who wont kiss me because I like it too much , wont make love to me , because I want him too much
never forgets to let me know that he can and does satisfy himself .

I am now like a heroin addict , I have tried to let go , but I can't , I hurt too much , I die too much , need to much and
cry too much.

Whats wrong with me , what makes me so stupid and un-loveable ? I ask this every day , every day I dust myself off
pick up my pride , or whats left of it and go to work , hide my heartache and hide my everything ,

Its a pity that you had to go through that.
However you dont correct a wrong by another wrong.
You dont need to be in a relationship. Love yourself first and beleive that you deserve to be loved if not you will keep attracting the wrong people.
I advise that you take a step back and review your relationship.
Try and communicate your inner feelings and work on your self esteem.
You are wonderfully and fearfully made and deserve to be loved .

If you are in Nigeria try and watch Love dating and marraige on Silverbird TV every sunday at 3.30pm.

It will bless you tremendously
Re: When Love Dies, Will You Stay For The Sake Of Your Children? by BIKINI(f): 3:19pm On May 13, 2007
cry I REALLY DON'T KNOW WHAT TO SAY ,BUT I THINK I[b] MIGHT[/b] STAY cry
Re: When Love Dies, Will You Stay For The Sake Of Your Children? by Nobody: 10:16am On Jul 21, 2010
If a marriage collapses, it's not right to remain for the sake of the children. Much as we'd like to believe we can put on a front for their sake, it never works. Children are a lot more perceptive than we give them credit for, and will see through any smoke screen.

They'll often feel their parents are at loggerheads because of something they did, hardly a healthy atmosphere for growing children to be in.
Re: When Love Dies, Will You Stay For The Sake Of Your Children? by Blazay(m): 7:52pm On Jul 21, 2010
Most definitely. I would stay. For I know that the chances of my finding another love to replace that which gave me my beautiful children can never be replaced. I will be there for my children. We already have way too many black men especially abandoning their children for other men to raise in blended families. I will never wish that for my children. Even if she leaves, I must do everything in my power to get full custody of my children. My children will never be raised by another man while I am alive.

Even if I have to play the door mat till my children are grown, I will. They will get to thank me when I am in my grave and that is good enough for me to put up with any form of abuse from my wife(not that she is). The children will always come first even where we disagree.
Re: When Love Dies, Will You Stay For The Sake Of Your Children? by luap: 8:11pm On Jul 21, 2010
wishful thinking romantics is not real. Fact is in Cali 75% end in divorce. So prepare yourself for reality. I think kids cope with divorce. It is not ideal, but it is a reality.
Re: When Love Dies, Will You Stay For The Sake Of Your Children? by ellagold(m): 12:26pm On Jul 22, 2010
Love endures,

Life is like a road. There are long and short roads; smooth and rocky roads; crooked and straight paths.
In our life many roads would come our way as we journey through life.

There are roads that lead to a life of single blessedness, marriage, and religious vocation.

There are also roads that lead to fame and fortune on one hand, or isolation and poverty on the other.

There are roads to happiness as there are roads to sadness, roads towards victory and jubilation, and roads leading to defeat and disappointment.

Just like any road, there are corners, detours, and crossroads in life. Perhaps the most perplexing road that you would encounter is a crossroad. With four roads to choose from and with limited knowledge on where they would go, which road will you take?

What is the guarantee that we would choose the right one along the way?

Would you take any road, or just stay where you are: in front of a crossroad?

There are no guarantees.

You do not really know where a road will lead you until you take it. There are no guarantees. This is one of the most important things you need to realize about life.

Nobody said that choosing to do the right thing all the time would always lead you to happiness. Loving someone with all your heart does not guarantee that it would be returned.

So please as you make your decision remember love endures,

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Marriages Don’t Work: The Change Factor / Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? / "Do People Practice Open Marriage In Nigeria?" - Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.