Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,813 members, 7,872,705 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 08:13 PM

Have I Been Scammed? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Have I Been Scammed? (20451 Views)

Help! I Have Been Scammed / I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? / How I Scammed Lagos Job Scammers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have I Been Scammed? by popeferd(m): 7:51pm On Jun 24, 2015
It aint a scam. If nt u for don pay pass 3k na... Just believe!

Check on my siggy & be dere to vote tommorow!!!!
Re: Have I Been Scammed? by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jun 24, 2015
pesimism
Re: Have I Been Scammed? by tianshie(m): 7:51pm On Jun 24, 2015
I know a pastor whose bread and butter is university admissions scam. Another pastor poses as a clearing agent at the wharf and has spent nearly half of his fifty years on earth in prison.
Re: Have I Been Scammed? by ManTiger(m): 7:52pm On Jun 24, 2015
Thunder fire oyelami hammed. Him scam don reach Lagos.
Re: Have I Been Scammed? by Alexk2(m): 7:53pm On Jun 24, 2015
A pastor linking you to a job in a nigeria brewery wharehouse don't sound well to me in the first place....you should think about that bro.
Re: Have I Been Scammed? by Genea(f): 7:53pm On Jun 24, 2015
Pls has anyone seen watered ?? embarassed
Re: Have I Been Scammed? by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jun 24, 2015
@Op, when was the date you actually gave them your 3k? A week, 2 weeks or a month? Lets start from there.....

1 Like

Re: Have I Been Scammed? by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jun 24, 2015
When will people understand the different between AM and I'M undecided

3 Likes

Re: Have I Been Scammed? by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jun 24, 2015
Charism:

That's the point, I was alsso told that if I get the job, half of my first salary would be the agencys own.

And here's your answer right there

3 Likes

Re: Have I Been Scammed? by scentmarlc(m): 7:58pm On Jun 24, 2015
raayah:
I'm hoping that it is not a scam!! It doesn't sound bad so far except for the 3k.
My mind well said
Re: Have I Been Scammed? by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jun 24, 2015
If you're being asked to pay, it's obviously a scam.
Re: Have I Been Scammed? by Xzevian(m): 8:04pm On Jun 24, 2015
damiloladuke:
omo no be small thing

READ THE FUNNY PERSONAL DIARY OF A JOBLESS NAIJA YOUTH HERE
www.wenogetjob..com
the name of the club is trials not triads
Re: Have I Been Scammed? by Tushborn: 8:08pm On Jun 24, 2015
pele oo three thousand nt much
Re: Have I Been Scammed? by Dgrea8t(m): 8:10pm On Jun 24, 2015
What? I pray you get a better job independent of the so-called agency.

That's the point, I was alsso told that if I get the job, half of my first salary would be the agencys own. [/quote]
Re: Have I Been Scammed? by 6fit(f): 8:17pm On Jun 24, 2015
Charism:
Am a young graduate who has finished service since 2013, don't have a job yet. As at wednesday last week, a pastor of my church who is aware of my plight reffered me to one Mr xx whose "office" is at suite C038, kaduna 1 plaza, trade fair lagos.

I was told that the man operates an agency that links people up to jobs and that there is a vacancy for a store keeper of my age and that I should met him on thursday. On thursday after meeting him, he asked me who linked me, I told him the pastors name, he also told me to pay #3000 for service charge, I was skeptical about it, but I did it. I was handed a letter and told to go to the company which located at number 1 glass road mafoluku, oshodi lagos. It was a nigerian breweries ware house. I was told to meet the HR guy who when I met him, requested for my C.V. And told me that he would get back to me. Since then, I have not heared from any of them.

But then am tempted to think that its a scam, because

1.The job linking stuff sounds too good to be true.

2. When I got to the ware house and asked for the HR guy, the workers said they didn't know any body like that and that I should refer to the next ware house. On my way to the next ware house the HR guy Intercepted me.

3. The 3k I was asked to pay.

But on the other hand am still tempted to believe its real because

1. I know the pastor very well. He lives in my neighbourhood and has a good reputation, when I expressed my concerns to him he vouched for the mr sammy and said he knows someone who got a job through the agency.

2. While asking for directions to the “job agency office" many people reffered to mr Bleep as the man that helps people with job.

Honestly I don't know what to think of it. Anyone that know anything about this job agency should please help me confirm the details.

u dont need further xplanation..u hav been scam. If d pastor knows d agency, does he know d HR guy? But just keep cool. D 3k is not a waste. When we try and it doesnt work out d way we wanted, it doesnt mean we hav failed but we hav rather discovered dat dat path we hav trade is not d way to our success and so we need to try anonther path....d only time we failed is when we refuse to try....good luck dear
Re: Have I Been Scammed? by Ephemmm: 8:18pm On Jun 24, 2015
CHM11:
If he wanted to scam you, he would have asked much much more than 3K.

Additionally, you should remove that picture and the man's name so that you don't dent his image and also reduce your chances of getting the job.

Call him to make any further confirmation about your application.

Careful how you share sensitive info next time as employers don't like people who can't keep things away from the public. Talking from experience.

Forget that thing! As a result of over ambition, firms like E-breakthrough and others which I have forgot their names comes to my mind while seeking for job after my NYSC. These firms will be posting you to where your service is not required at all.

In fact, there was a day they posted me to one company around Badagry only for the HR to tell me that they did not request for any applicant to my surprise.

Some collect #2k, some 1k, some #500, some even collect #100 for aptitude tests(but all candidate will pass ooo). On getting back, they will tell you they will keep informing you about the next vacancy: all of them na wash....

MY advise to the young graduates is that on no account should you pay any dime to any company all in the name of seeking for employment.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have I Been Scammed? by Drabrah(m): 8:27pm On Jun 24, 2015
koligs:
No, u have been employed..
grin grin grin
Mhen, u arsh ooo
Re: Have I Been Scammed? by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jun 24, 2015
Agencies usually have registration fees! Service charges apply when u get the job and its usually a percentage of ur 1st month salary. I got my current job true an agency!

1 Like

Re: Have I Been Scammed? by babdav2015(m): 8:39pm On Jun 24, 2015
Bros, you have been scammed.
Re: Have I Been Scammed? by carterkelly1(m): 8:43pm On Jun 24, 2015
Charism:
Am a young graduate who has finished service since 2013, don't have a job yet. As at wednesday last week, a pastor of my church who is aware of my plight reffered me to one Mr xx whose "office" is at suite C038, kaduna 1 plaza, trade fair lagos.

I was told that the man operates an agency that links people up to jobs and that there is a vacancy for a store keeper of my age and that I should met him on thursday. On thursday after meeting him, he asked me who linked me, I told him the pastors name, he also told me to pay #3000 for service charge, I was skeptical about it, but I did it. I was handed a letter and told to go to the company which located at number 1 glass road mafoluku, oshodi lagos. It was a nigerian breweries ware house. I was told to meet the HR guy who when I met him, requested for my C.V. And told me that he would get back to me. Since then, I have not heared from any of them.

2. When I got to the ware house and asked for the HR guy, the workers said they didn't know any body like that and that I should refer to the next ware house. On my way to the next ware house the HR guy Intercepted me.

1. I know the pastor very well. He lives in my neighbourhood and has a good reputation, when I expressed my concerns to him he vouched for the mr sammy and said he knows someone who got a job through the agency.

2. While asking for directions to the “job agency office" many people reffered to mr Bleep as the man that helps people with job.

Honestly I don't know what to think of it. Anyone that know anything about this job agency should please help me confirm the details.

if its a scam do not pay offerings again

1 Like

Re: Have I Been Scammed? by calabaman(m): 8:53pm On Jun 24, 2015
laidesmen217:
In calabar man voice

***u neva see something **

Calabarman u said?
Re: Have I Been Scammed? by erico2k2(m): 9:04pm On Jun 24, 2015
CHM11:
If he wanted to scam you, he would have asked much much more than 3K.

Additionally, you should remove that picture and the man's name so that you don't dent his image and also reduce your chances of getting the job.

Call him to make any further confirmation about your application.

Careful how you share sensitive info next time as employers don't like people who can't keep things away from the public. Talking from experience.
I do not agree with you,here is my personal expirience, I once bought something from Ebay cost £1, it never arrived, out of curiocity, I informed Ebay and wanted my £1 back, it later turned out this seller has done this to more than 70000 person, some cannot be bothred to follow up cos its just a pound.So my friend if this same guy request N3K from 100 persons would it be clear to you he is a scam artist

1 Like

Re: Have I Been Scammed? by sniper77(m): 9:12pm On Jun 24, 2015
Nopes you have not been scammed.Its quite unfortunate you have been duped.
Re: Have I Been Scammed? by Rosemary216(f): 9:22pm On Jun 24, 2015
It may nt b a scam!
Bt y do ppl hv 2 pay money 2 get a job?? My lecturer wud tel u to rada use d money to set up a little tin instead of throwin it @ sumtin u arent sure of gettin!!!
Re: Have I Been Scammed? by kkon(m): 9:23pm On Jun 24, 2015
Charism:

Honestly I was told that the job was already mine, that was why I should pay the 3k. Infact mr xx assured me that if I meet the hr guy I would be given my employment letter.
oga you have been scammed. This same thing happened to me although mine was at ikeja. We even wrote test and the letter we paid to get was sort of a direct employment letter. But alas after paying the 2500 we realised that it was a recommendation letter to Bleep company at diff locations mine was at surulere. Got there waited for over 1hr for the so called hr i was letter advised to drop my cv and the shit letter that they will get back to me.. you noticed i used we cos we where over 40 that day..Just forget about that job and look for another God will surely make a way for you. And I also believe that one day all these people that exploit job applicants meet their Waterloo and reap what they have been sowing.. Goodluck

1 Like

Re: Have I Been Scammed? by Nobody: 9:29pm On Jun 24, 2015
Charism:

Honestly I was told that the job was already mine, that was why I should pay the 3k. Infact mr xx assured me that if I meet the hr guy I would be given my employment letter.
You may have lost out in the job. Meanwhile, the payment you made is probably for phone bill, etc. cheesy

Last time, a friend of mine was duped just 5,000.
Re: Have I Been Scammed? by Azedplus(m): 9:49pm On Jun 24, 2015
Your first experience I guess , Just zero your mind on it , Being a cleric is not an assurance,the pastor too might hv no knowledge of the scam. Can't pay a kobo again for job hunt;give me d job 1st and take ur cut/cash ... Experience na teacher

2 Likes

Re: Have I Been Scammed? by bigtt76(f): 9:54pm On Jun 24, 2015
Please are you new in Lagos? grin

Charism:

Re: Have I Been Scammed? by callonme(m): 10:15pm On Jun 24, 2015
My blog loading..........thanks a lot.
Re: Have I Been Scammed? by dammytosh: 10:18pm On Jun 24, 2015
Yes it is a scam.

That method is very old.

You can submit your cv in a lot of companies without payi g a dime or knowing Mr xx

1 Like

Re: Have I Been Scammed? by bigass123(m): 10:21pm On Jun 24, 2015
You sent ur 3k on a very long journey... Hopefully it will return with good news.. But if not, take heart.. Sai Buhari will soon begin to pay you.
Can I hear a loud amen

1 Like

Re: Have I Been Scammed? by malonephill(m): 10:29pm On Jun 24, 2015
sheddo619:
forget dat tin oga,dem tell u say na onli him apply,multiply dat 3k by at least 1000 people,u would knw dat it's a lot of moni
don't mind them.....

When the guy hear mafoloku (maff town) he should have known its a pure scam, he had learn a lesson though

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Between A Multi National And Lecturing Job / National Power Training Institute Of Nigeria / N-Build Applicants To Commence Physical Verification Next Week

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.