Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,375 members, 7,881,349 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 05:24 PM

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - Travel (184) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries (548663 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) ... (317) (Go Down)

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by smoothsail: 9:12pm On Jan 05, 2011
@Naggy: Please can i get your direct contact please? Please we really need to talk, i'm so disturbed right now. I just think i deserve another chance. Please Naggy just let's talk better on this.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by vandops(m): 11:35pm On Jan 05, 2011
tee.baba:

HOUSE ,
JUST GOT HOME FROM THE LAGOS CONSULATE AND AM HAPPY TO TELL U GUYS THAT I HAVE THE GREEN TAG WITH ME RIGHT NOW , AM SO HAPPY. MY INTERVIEW WAS HITCH FREE, AND TO MY SURPRISE, THE VO DIDNT LOOK AT ANY OF MY DOCUMENTS EVEN SPONSOR'S ACCOUNT STATEMENT, WE JUST CHATTED FOR A FEW MINUTES AND THAT WAS ALL , THANKS BE TO GOD !

Congratulations.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Wilfem(m): 11:44pm On Jan 05, 2011
@4ril, thanks a lot for those powerful suggestions and advices on the way forward from you. I've already started by first requesting for an OFFICIAL COPY of my evaluated transcripts from WES, which could be presented to IMMIGRATION officers. I'm also trying to book another appointment for next week (although through black market) I will definitely succeed this time around.

@tee baba, CONGRATULATIONS, I sincerely rejoice with you. God almighty will surely see us through in Jesus name. Amen.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by teebaba4: 11:57pm On Jan 05, 2011
thanks too all, ur's shall be easier in god's name !
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by teebaba4: 12:09am On Jan 06, 2011
Got to the lagos consulate around 6:10am, there was alot of people mehn, fear grip me ,
As @ 6:30am, we queued up and we stroll to that waiting space infront of the embassy.
I waited there till like 8:40am before it got to my turn to enter the embassy, i was mad already ehn !
Well, i told myself, nothing spoil, so after the chinese lady finished the biometrics, i got queued up again to face one of the 3 male VO's.
All 3 were above average in issuing visa if you know what you are going for and can speak well, you can imagine someone saying he is a car seller and cannot mention brands of cars he wanna go buy, i tire for the guy,

Next applicant, was this man, he just gave an undergraduate visa, so i was averagely happy , then we started ,

Me: good morning sir
VO: good morning

me: happy new year
vo: same to you.

vo: can i have your documents
me: here you go , (i handed him the packed documents as done by the officials)

vo: you are going to usa to study?
me: yes sir, for my masters degree

vo: in what major ?
me: petroleum engineering

vo: which university
me: Bleep university ( was furious , shey u no read am ontop i-20 ni? )

vo: good, how many uni did u apply to ?
me: started mentioning names of the schools ( he was busy typing)

vo: sorry, how many schools did u just counted
me: 3 uni's ( when be say na typing u de do, how would u hear na , (lol)

vo: when did you graduate and what have u been doing since then?
me: told him the whole story from 2007 ( he con hear say i de work)

vo: so you work?
me: yes, with Bleep company

vo: what do u do there
me: told him the stuffs i do

vo: so who is going to be responsible for the fees
me: my father

vo: what does he do ?
me: told him, he owns a petroleum company

vo: can you show me something to proof that?
me: yes sure ( started checking for his certificate of cooperation and tax clearance, i got them and placed it in the tray for him, but to my suprise, he didnt take dem to check)

vo: your visa has been approved and you can take this and pick up at this address in lekki on Monday
me: thank you sir ( was like a dream, didnt even ask for my dad's bank statement, the certificates sef, he didnt check dem)

wow , just grabbed the paper and ran out, security de hold me to give dem something but all my things were in the car.

THATS MY GOODWILL STORY FOLKS ,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by phy: 3:45am On Jan 06, 2011
tee.baba:

Got to the lagos consulate around 6:10am, there was alot of people mehn, fear grip me ,
As @ 6:30am, we queued up and we stroll to that waiting space infront of the embassy.
I waited there till like 8:40am before it got to my turn to enter the embassy, i was mad already ehn !
Well, i told myself, nothing spoil, so after the chinese lady finished the biometrics, i got queued up again to face one of the 3 male VO's.
All 3 were above average in issuing visa if you know what you are going for and can speak well, you can imagine someone saying he is a car seller and cannot mention brands of cars he wanna go buy, i tire for the guy,

Next applicant, was this man, he just gave an undergraduate visa, so i was averagely happy , then we started ,

Me: good morning sir
VO: good morning

me: happy new year
vo: same to you.

vo: can i have your documents
me: here you go , (i handed him the packed documents as done by the officials)

vo: you are going to usa to study?
me: yes sir, for my masters degree

vo: in what major ?
me: petroleum engineering

vo: which university
me: Bleep university ( was furious , shey u no read am ontop i-20 ni? )

vo: good, how many uni did u apply to ?
me: started mentioning names of the schools ( he was busy typing)

vo: sorry, how many schools did u just counted
me: 3 uni's ( when be say na typing u de do, how would u hear na , (lol)

vo: when did you graduate and what have u been doing since then?
me: told him the whole story from 2007 ( he con hear say i de work)

vo: so you work?
me: yes, with Bleep company

vo: what do u do there
me: told him the stuffs i do

vo: so who is going to be responsible for the fees
me: my father

vo: what does he do ?
me: told him, he owns a petroleum company

vo: can you show me something to proof that?
me: yes sure ( started checking for his certificate of cooperation and tax clearance, i got them and placed it in the tray for him, but to my suprise, he didnt take dem to check)

vo: your visa has been approved and you can take this and pick up at this address in lekki on Monday
me: thank you sir ( was like a dream, didnt even ask for my dad's bank statement, the certificates sef, he didnt check dem)

wow , just grabbed the paper and ran out, security de hold me to give dem something but all my things were in the car.

THATS MY GOODWILL STORY FOLKS ,

Congrats!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Wilfem(m): 8:40am On Jan 06, 2011
4ril:

@ wilfrem

I am really very sorry about your denial. But I think you can still go back again, and make your case very clear. This is not a time to scold you, but it's better to let you know where you fell, so that you don't fall again. Generally, it is better you tell any VO that you do not have any doc that he/she is asking for, than to present anyone that is not satisfactory. If I were you, I would have told him that my school doesn't give out transcripts by hand, but I have my WES evaluation report, which is a conversion of my transcript to American standard. Simple! If he asks me to bring the evaluation report, then I will give him. if he doesn't I won't (even if its the official report or not). However, I will never give the unofficial report you gave! Apart from the fact that the print out is non-official, the one sent from WES and the unofficial report are different. The quality of the documents also differ. If you think I am telling lies, compare what you have with the official report, and you will see the difference.

Some people might have gone with similar print outs like you and still got their visas. But its very likely that VO didn't ask for their documents, and that was why they got their visas. You see, those VOs are recruited, placed and paid there, just to deny applicants. But they are given the power to change their minds (grant you visa) if you convince them, impress them, your appear genuine to them, and they see no loop hole. Once they see a loop hole, some may overlook it, and some may deny you (even if you appear genuine). It depends on the consular involved. I want to assume that the loop hole found on your application is that the WES evaluation (unofficial print out) you presented is different from the official one that they are used to. Hence yours (which I assume to be strange to the consular) is assumed fake.

My Opinion about the way forward

When you have your official evaluation report, get another appointment date at the embassy again. Go with both the unofficial print out and the original print out from WES. On the interview day, I assume the VO will ask for the reason for your initial denial. Tell him/her that the unofficial print out you brought for the initial interview was not considered satisfactory and authentic by the VO who interviewed you then, and she denied you based on that. Show him the one he the last VO considered fake, and present him the new (official one). Simple!

Just my little advice

@4ril, Pls do not forget that I said I also gave the consular a photocopy of the school transcript that was sent to WES, she also told me that one was FAKE too and even collected it from me,
So while presenting my case as to why I was denied, what do you think I can say concerning the Photocopy of the school transcript that was sent to WES.
I've accepted the blame/fact that as a student, I'm not supposed to be in possession of it.
@House what do you suggest for me concerning this? undecided undecided

Your advices/suggesions will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by phy: 12:39pm On Jan 06, 2011
Wilfem:

@4ril, Pls do not forget that I said I also gave the consular a photocopy of the school transcript that was sent to WES, she also told me that one was FAKE too and even collected it from me,
So while presenting my case as to why I was denied, what do you think I can say concerning the Photocopy of the school transcript that was sent to WES.
I've accepted the blame/fact that as a student, I'm not supposed to be in possession of it.
@House what do you suggest for me concerning this? undecided undecided

Your sch option would have been the best, but try to do and affidavit and a notre public stuff to state that the doc is not fake. I dont how the embassy value this. my bro did this, though not for US embassy.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by skelewe: 2:47pm On Jan 06, 2011
hi everyone i'left a post the other day as regards my own experience at the embassey in lagos its on page 183 i still have not gotten any response yet and like i said i would really apprecieate your advices.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Vicjustice: 7:54pm On Jan 06, 2011
skelewe:

Hi guys,i just got intoduced to nairaland and i must say i'm very impressed with the success stories,i'm currently employed in a telecomms company and was given admission into a US university for an Msc. in management  but i have been denied 2wice in the last 12 months by the embassey reason given as stated on the paper that was handed to me by the VO was that i failed to convince the interviewing officer that i am a geniun studet who intends to depart the US upon completion of my course, i have another interview coming up in FEB 2011 hoping to be lucky this 3rd time, my intended school is a private one and did not require me to do a GMAT or GRE as for TOFEL which was also waved as i was asked to send an attestation letter directly form my school confirming that english was my medium of study,i hope his has not counted against me please house i need all the advice and help i can get.
   You already have previous visa refusal issues and you currently have interview coming up in a month time, what good would any advice do at this time?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by skelewe: 8:27pm On Jan 06, 2011
what i wanted to know was if my not doing any of the standardized exams was counting against me or if i should reschedule my interview for a later date and then write the GMAT or TOFEL
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by vandops(m): 12:11am On Jan 07, 2011
skelewe:

but i have been denied 2wice in the last 12 months by the embassey reason given as stated on the paper that was handed to me by the VO was that i failed to convince the interviewing officer that i am a geniun studet who intends to depart the US upon completion of my course,

when you read such, it means only one thing, u didnt convince the VO that you would be coming back.it all boils down to how ur interview went, u never presented ur case bold or credible enough for the visa to be granted, mind you, its not about documents you present but the manner in which you defend your case, so you might wanna rethink ur manner of approach before your upcomin interview,

Best of luck!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by kwizzy212: 12:49am On Jan 07, 2011
the AP AP AP is over now they called me and now i have my visa i will gist you later grin thnaks to all
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by vandops(m): 3:48am On Jan 07, 2011
kwizzy212:

the AP AP AP is over now they called me and now i have my visa i will gist you later grin thnaks to all

congratulations,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by naggy: 6:30am On Jan 07, 2011
I am going in for my interview today, 1pm. In God I trust. Expect the post later in the day!

@kwizzy212, congratulations! You already know I'm so happy for you, I knew you'd make it, Go give thanks to God, it's time to move unto the next level!

@smoothsail, sorry for the delay in responding to you. You may wish to drop your YIM/SKYPE id let me add you so we can get to relate as you requested.

@ House, anyone with links to this black market appointment should please give me. It's super urgent, Wilfem, I suppose you posted something about wanting to use that route if I'm not mistaken? Please all I'll highly appreciate any positive response to this. Thank you!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Wilfem(m): 8:18am On Jan 07, 2011
@naggy. I've been using the route all these while. Let's do d chat on my YIM (wilfem2002@yahoo.com)
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by teebaba4: 10:35am On Jan 07, 2011
@ smoothsail , sup bro, i got a contact for you for black market appointment, paste me ur email address or yahoo msg id, i sent it to you. peace
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by smoothsail: 10:48am On Jan 07, 2011
@Naggy: weruledworld4eva at y ahoo dot com
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by smoothsail: 10:50am On Jan 07, 2011
@Naggy: I trust you naggy, i believe 100% you'll come back with a success story, go and get the visa, it is well in Jesus name!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by smoothsail: 10:52am On Jan 07, 2011
@tee.baba: Thank you so much, my yim is weruledworld4eva@yahoo.com
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by teebaba4: 10:57am On Jan 07, 2011
smoothsail:

@tee.baba: Thank you so much, my yim is weruledworld4eva@yahoo.com

sent
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by temini11: 12:50pm On Jan 07, 2011
This is wonderful on-line chat, I really enjoy the thread from the begin. Kudos to you people for this job. I would like to be a member of this thread too.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by temini11: 1:03pm On Jan 07, 2011
@Naggy: 12:58 some minutes to get your green card, go and get it and let us hear the success story, God will be with you on your way to the place.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by 4ril: 2:05pm On Jan 07, 2011
@wilfrem

@House what do you suggest for me concerning this?

Since you said you initially gave the VO photocopies of your transcripts and WES evaluation report, it will be wrong for you to go back there again, to tell them that your school doesn't give out transcripts. You will run yourself into trouble again for doing that. Because the next question is, how did you get the photocopy if you didn't have direct access to the original in the first place? If your school doesn't give out transcript to students or by hand, how then did you get the photocopy? I'ts logical to assume you made the photocopy from the original. So, its wrong to claim you do not have access to the original now. You could have claimed you didn't have access to it in your first interview, but you can't do that now.

The way forward (if I were in your shoes)

For you to have photocopy of your transcript, I assume you can have access to the original, through your school records office. Tell them to prepare a new transcript to you but it should be addressed to US embassy (in Lagos or Abuja depending on where you want to take the interview). Then, tell them to seal the envelope, but not post it. Try to collect it by hand, and take it to the embassy yourself on your interview date. Don't tell me that is impossible, because if its is, how did you get the photocopy with you? If it,s impossible, try to make it possible. Na naija we dey.

Also, from WES, you can request for additional copies in a SEALED envelope. I think you will have to pay extra $10 for the sealed envelop. When the sealed envelop gets to you, address to the embassy. If I were you, I will not address it with biro. I will type the address on a white paper using nice fonts, then cut and paste it on the sealed envelop from WES. Do not open any of the envelopes since that can destroy them.

Take these two to the embassy.

VO: why were you denied the last time?
You: I came here with the unofficial copies of my transcript and WES evaluation reports, and they were considered unauthentic (please do not use the word fake, which is what that initial consular used). Unauthentic and fake could be synonymous, but I think one word is better than the other.

Then, do not wait for him to say anything else before you quickly add this "but I have the official copies here now".

If he asks for it, then give it to him. If your photocopies with the embassy are actually original, then the information you have in the official copies should be the same as what they have with them.

Warning! its now too late to tell them your school doesn't give out transcript . You are only going back there to prove that what you gave them initially is not fake. So, don't contradict anything again. With God on your side, you can make it again.

Another thing, please try to dress well. Don't be too flashy, but look modest and cool. Till date, I still keep telling everyone that the indian -american that interviewed me, already made up his mind to give me the visa, even before i opened my mouth. He was just starring at me from the moment I entered. I assume the way I dressed did a lot too. They look a your eyes, your body language and how you dress too. They don't need you to talk before they draw up any conclusion based on these I listed. God will help you this time.

@ House
For those of you who actually went to school directly; please how did you move your money to the US? What is the maximum I can take with into the plane, without the need for me to declare it? I learnt 10K is the maximum, but you have to declare it. I also heard that there is an amount I can take, without the need to declare it. I am much concerned about the amount I can take in my wallet or handbag without the need for any declaration. I already got the GTB Visa Card, but must of my aunties and aunts who have been travelling to US are advising me against it. Mean while, I will start spending the very first day I set my feet at my school, so waiting to open a bank account in US first, will make it too late for me to complete my registration. My school is open already. Any idea please?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Wilfem(m): 2:22pm On Jan 07, 2011
4ril:

@wilfrem

Since you said you initially gave the VO photocopies of your transcripts and WES evaluation report, it will be wrong for you to go back there again, to tell them that your school doesn't give out transcripts. You will run yourself into trouble again for doing that. Because the next question is, how did you get the photocopy if you didn't have direct access to the original in the first place? If your school doesn't give out transcript to students or by hand, how then did you get the photocopy? I'ts logical to assume you made the photocopy from the original. So, its wrong to claim you do not have access to the original now. You could have claimed you didn't have access to it in your first interview, but you can't do that now.

The way forward (if I were in your shoes)

For you to have photocopy of your transcript, I assume you can have access to the original, through your school records office. Tell them to prepare a new transcript to you but it should be addressed to US embassy (in Lagos or Abuja depending on where you want to take the interview). Then, tell them to seal the envelope, but not post it. Try to collect it by hand, and take it to the embassy yourself on your interview date. Don't tell me that is impossible, because if its is, how did you get the photocopy with you? If it,s impossible, try to make it possible. Na naija we dey.

Also, from WES, you can request for additional copies in a SEALED envelope. I think you will have to pay extra $10 for the sealed envelop. When the sealed envelop gets to you, address to the embassy. If I were you, I will not address it with biro. I will type the address on a white paper using nice fonts, then cut and paste it on the sealed envelop from WES. Do not open any of the envelopes since that can destroy them.

Take these two to the embassy.

VO: why were you denied the last time?
You: I came here with the unofficial copies of my transcript and WES evaluation reports, and they were considered unauthentic (please do not use the word fake, which is what that initial consular used). Unauthentic and fake could be synonymous, but I think one word is better than the other.

Then, do not wait for him to say anything else before you quickly add this "but I have the official copies here now".

If he asks for it, then give it to him. If your photocopies with the embassy are actually original, then the information you have in the official copies should be the same as what they have with them.

Warning! its now too late to tell them your school doesn't give out transcript . You are only going back there to prove that what you gave them initially is not fake. So, don't contradict anything again. With God on your side, you can make it again.

Another thing, please try to dress well. Don't be too flashy, but look modest and cool. Till date, I still keep telling everyone that the indian -american that interviewed me, already made up his mind to give me the visa, even before i opened my mouth. He was just starring at me from the moment I entered. I assume the way I dressed did a lot too. They look a your eyes, your body language and how you dress too. They don't need you to talk before they draw up any conclusion based on these I listed. God will help you this time.

@4ril, thanks again for the wonderful suggestion. Ireally appreciate it. My problem now is, having communicated with a luecturer of mine, who is the one in charge of the Information Database in Poly ib, He frankly told me that it was even wrong of the embassy to have cosidered or declared my transcripts to be fake, since the embassy did not send them any verification request. I begged him to pls help me with another transcript that would be addressed to them, he said he can't do that, since the embassy did not officially request for it and that the embassy was not an Educational Institution, except if they request for validation or verification. What do I do now      cry
I've also requested WES to send me another copy of the officially recognized version of the evaluated transcript, but I don't know if that would be enough. Any other suggestions?
Pls can I have your YIM, so that we can chat? Mine is wilfem2002 at yahoo dot com
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nwaoma009: 3:38pm On Jan 07, 2011
house naggy just called me now that God has done it again. he will soon come and share his favour. any other housemate weh get make una come share ooh
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by kwizzy212: 3:45pm On Jan 07, 2011
Naggy
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by mohaka(m): 4:05pm On Jan 07, 2011
NAAAAAAAAAAAAGY am so happi 4 u bro lyk i told u b4 u rily deserv that visa coz of ur tremendous help u'v bn 2 othrs
@ kwizzy congrats bro u lucky.mi am still stuck n honestly now that i'v deferred my admission am beginning to doubt if am gonna get tha visa at all
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Wilfem(m): 4:11pm On Jan 07, 2011
@naggy and Kwizzy. I'm really happy for you guys. Accept my congratulations. How I wished we would have had the same story cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
But anyway, The Lord is in control
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by naggy: 4:20pm On Jan 07, 2011
I just got the green ticket!!!!!!!!!!! Before I post my experience I want to hint on something. Today has proved to me that it is not by the number of documents you have, neither is it by your composition but it is only the grace of GOD that can see someone through. The very few members here knows the issue I had which was even the reason I missed my appointment on two good occasions but despite that I was able to make it through by God's grace and the most astonishing aspect of it was that, the interview was hassle free and that problem that gave me much thinking never ever came to light. I was very confident before I got in there but once I was in, I was gripped with uttermost anxiety despite the praise song I was singing in my mind. I was obviously fidgeting that even the consular noticed it and had to tell me to "calm down and take a deep breath." I am a very good speaker but instantly I became a stammerer and was practically talking nonsense but yet it never counted against me. That aside when I got in there, the Chinese lady just denied one Masters guy on the grounds that he didnt convince her he was going to return. Just as she finished with the guy and it was my turn, she went in to take a break and there comes in this middle aged man,  Here goes my experience:

VO: Next applicant come to Window 9
Me: (with a big smile) Goodafternoon Sir.
VO: Your documents please!
VO: I see your going to study in the US right?
Me: Yes Sir.
VO: How many schools did you apply to?
Me: 3
VO: Name them
ME: Princeton, UCLA and my school
VO: Where you accepted in Princeton?
VO: No
VO: (laughs) I knew!
VO: Why do you choose NY instead of California?
ME: (I started blabbing nonsense,  oh men come check me out stammering and suddenly I stopped talking)
VO: (looks at me again) What course do you wanna study?
ME: Law
VO: (in a low tone) You wanna study Law and your not bold enough to speak to me,  look at you! How would you be able to handle all those matters that comes with it! Okay now just calm down and take a deep breath.
ME: Okay I am sorry Sir, not that I am not bold,  it is just that this is my first time to go through this so it's getting me really tense.
VO: (laughs) Well, I actually studied the same course as you so I have alot of knowledge in that field. So where do you wanna work after your studies?
ME: EFCC
VO: (laughs very hard) After all the time spent in the US you wanna come back to work there. Don't you think they the EFFC are corrupt?
ME: (laughing) Yeah Sir that's true but am going to make the wrongs right.
VO: Thats good so when did you graduate from school?
ME: 2007
VO: And what have you been doing since then?
ME: (imagine the spontaneous idea that came out of my head from no where) I have been tutoring and worked with alot of charity homes.
ME: Let me have your transcripts, WAEC result and SAT score if you have any let me evaluate the type of student you are.
ME: (gave him)
VO: (looking at my credentials) Oh wow you studied French? That's nice, so have you any relations in the US?
ME: Not at all Sir.
VO: Who is your sponsor?
ME: My mother
VO: Okay good,  how old are you?
ME: XX years.
VO: Okay I'm gonna issue you this visa. Take this green ticket and go pick it up by Monday. I see your school resumes on that same day so go today and mail your advisor informing him/her you just got your visa today and that he/she should give you a letter that will assist you enter the country on a later date cos I doubt you will be able to make it on the day. Don't forget your I-20 and enjoy your stay in NYC.

So my NL brothers that was it oh,  nothing more nothing less. There was virtually NO documents required except from the WAEC and transcript. I am very grateful to God because it's of HIS own making. I also owe the greatest appreciation to Kwizzy212 and thank you nwaoma009 for your words of support and encouragement. God bless you all and best of success and luck to all those going after me!

Remember, God is the ultimate!!!!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by teebaba4: 4:56pm On Jan 07, 2011
naggy:

I just got the green ticket!!!!!!!!!!! Before I post my experience I want to hint on something. Today has proved to me that it is not by the number of documents you have, neither is it by your composition but it is only the grace of GOD that can see someone through. The very few members here knows the issue I had which was even the reason I missed my appointment on two good occasions but despite that I was able to make it through by God's grace and the most astonishing aspect of it was that, the interview was hassle free and that problem that gave me much thinking never ever came to light. I was very confident before I got in there but once I was in, I was gripped with uttermost anxiety despite the praise song I was singing in my mind. I was obviously fidgeting that even the consular noticed it and had to tell me to "calm down and take a deep breath." I am a very good speaker but instantly I became a stammerer and was practically talking nonsense but yet it never counted against me. That aside when I got in there, the Chinese lady just denied one Masters guy on the grounds that he didnt convince her he was going to return. Just as she finished with the guy and it was my turn, she went in to take a break and there comes in this middle aged man, Here goes my experience:

VO: Next applicant come to Window 9
Me: (with a big smile) Goodafternoon Sir.
VO: Your documents please!
VO: I see your going to study in the US right?
Me: Yes Sir.
VO: How many schools did you apply to?
Me: 3
VO: Name them
ME: Princeton, UCLA and my school
VO: Where you accepted in Princeton?
VO: No
VO: (laughs) I knew!
VO: Why do you choose NY instead of California?
ME: (I started blabbing nonsense, oh men come check me out stammering and suddenly I stopped talking)
VO: (looks at me again) What course do you wanna study?
ME: Law
VO: (in a low tone) You wanna study Law and your not bold enough to speak to me, look at you! How would you be able to handle all those matters that comes with it! Okay now just calm down and take a deep breath.
ME: Okay I am sorry Sir, not that I am not bold, it is just that this is my first time to go through this so it's getting me really tense.
VO: (laughs) Well, I actually studied the same course as you so I have alot of knowledge in that field. So where do you wanna work after your studies?
ME: EFCC
VO: (laughs very hard) After all the time spent in the US you wanna come back to work there. Don't you think they the EFFC are corrupt?
ME: (laughing) Yeah Sir that's true but am going to make the wrongs right.
VO: Thats good!
ME: Let me have your transcripts, WAEC result and SAT score if you have any let me evaluate the type of student you are.
ME: (gave him)
VO: (looking at my credentials) Oh wow you studied French? That's nice, so have you any relations in the US?
ME: Not at all Sir.
VO: Who is your sponsor?
ME: My mother
VO: Okay good, how old are you?
ME: XX years.
VO: Okay I'm gonna issue you this visa. Take this green ticket and go pick it up by Monday. I see your school resumes on that same day so go today and mail your advisor informing him/her you just got your visa today and that he/she should give you a letter that will assist you enter the country on a later date cos I doubt you will be able to make it on the day. Don't forget your I-20 and enjoy your stay in NYC.

So my NL brothers that was it oh, nothing more nothing less. There was virtually NO documents required except from the WAEC and transcript. I am very grateful to God because it's of HIS own making. I also owe the greatest appreciation to Kwizzy212 and thank you nwaoma009 for your words of support and encouragement. God bless you all and best of success and luck to all those going after me!

Remember, God is the ultimate!!!!

naggy am so happy for you , Was same with my own too, just normal questions and no showing of any documents, its just hard prayers and u gonna receives Gods favour !
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by rockafela(m): 5:04pm On Jan 07, 2011
i pray Gods favor shld fllow me like dis oooooo

(1) (2) (3) ... (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) ... (317)

Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.