Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,570 members, 7,921,183 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 07:15 PM

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - Travel (260) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries (550542 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) ... (317) (Go Down)

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Saylawchar(m): 12:43am On Aug 06, 2011
@Folakemito, congrat!!!
pls share your experience asap
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by folakemito: 12:43am On Aug 06, 2011
I did my interview at the Abuja embassy, counter 7. People came for different reasons tho but so many people were equally rejected. They gave very very very very few students amongst us. Mine was for 10:00 am. We went through the normal security checking.

The old man at counter 6 and the young guy at counter 9, had no mercy, mehn they were just rejecting after spending about 10 min with them. I was scaboshing (praying) that I wont be called up by them and God heard me. I was interviewed by the young lady at counter 7. It went thus:

ME: GOOD AFTERNOON
        VOsad WITH A SMILE) GOOD AFTERNOON
        VO: SO, HOW DID YOU COME ABOUT THIS UNIVERSITY
         ME: I WAS LOOKING FOR A RESEARCH ONLINE ABOUT GETTING A PERCEPTION ABOUT NATIVE AND NON- NATIVE TEACHERS OF AN ESL CLASSROOM, AND I REALISED THAT DR. ROBERT GRIFFIN, AN ASSOCIATE PROF. AT, IS DOING A RESEARCH ON IT, SO I APPLIED.
        VO:OKAY
        VO: LET ME HAVE YOUR TEST SCORES AND TRANSCRIPT
        ME: I GAVE HER MY TOEFL AND TRANSCRIPT ( MY SCHOOL DOES NOT REQUIRE GRE FOR MY COURSE IN PARTICULAR AND ALSO BECAUSE OF MY BACKGROUND) : MA TESOL. I THINK SHE KNEW THAT CAUSE SHE DIDNT ASK FOR IT, EVEN WHEN I TRIED GIVING HER THE EXEMPTION LETTER.
        VO: WHO IS SPONSORING YOU?
        ME:  MY FATHER ( GAVE HER THE BANK STATEMENT)
        VO: (AFTER CHECKING CAREFULLY) YOU DO REALIZE THAT THE BALANCE IN YOUR FATHER'S BANK STATEMENT IS NOT ENOUGH TO SPONSOR YOU THROUGH SCHOOL.
        ME: YES, I KNOW BUT WE HAVE PROPERTIES TO AID ME THROUGH MY PROGRAM.
        VO: IS YOUR FATHER READY TO PART WITH ANY OF THESE PROPERTIES?
        ME: YES! HE TOLD ME TO TELL YOU THAT HE IS READY TO PART WITH ANY OF THESE PROPERTIES.
        VO: CAN I HAVE THE VALUATION?
         ME: OPENED THE PROPERTY VALUATION BOOK AND READ OUT THE VALUE OF ALL OUR PROPERTIES.
         VO: SHE WAS EXTREMELY IMPRESSED BY IT.
         VO: WHAT ARE U GOING TO DO AFTER UR MASTERS?
         ME: I WOULD LOVE TO COME BACK TO NIGERIA AND LECTURE IN ENGLISH LANGUAGE
         VO: WHY NIGERIA?
         ME BECAUSE WE ARE SECOND LANGUAGE SPEAKERS OF ENGLISH AND ALSO, I'D LOVE TO TEACH ENGLISH IN OTHER COUNTRIES LIKE CHINA, AUSTRALIA, ISREAL, RUSSIA AND ALL OTHER COUNTRIES WHO ARE FOREIGN SPEAKERS OF ENGLISH.
          VO: OKAY, I AM GOING TO ISSUE YOUR VISA.  (GAVE ME ONE WHITE PAPER) AND DIRECTED ME SOMEWHERE ELSE TO PIK IT UP ON FRIDAY.

MEHN, I WAS FILLED WITH JOY ' COS I CAME ALL D WAY FROM AKURE AND THE PROCESS HAS NOT BEEN AN EASY ONE. PICKED MY VISA UP YESTERDAY.

JUST WANT TO SAY DAT THE MAJOR THING HERE IS PRAYER!!!!!!!!!! NOT OVER REHEARSED QUESTIONS.

1 Like

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Saylawchar(m): 12:50am On Aug 06, 2011
@Folakemito, am so happy for u, i believe your faith in God assisted u and your pastors did a good job. am happy for u, mine is around the corner, i cant wait to share the testimony pls
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by ChiDalu1: 12:52am On Aug 06, 2011
Congratulations folakemito!!!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by folakemito: 12:57am On Aug 06, 2011
THANKS SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!, IT IS WELL WITH U GUYS INTERVIEW.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seedord247(m): 1:26am On Aug 06, 2011
which state are you going folakemi?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by screamie(f): 3:13am On Aug 06, 2011
Hi guys, when submitting statement of account to your school for isssuing of I-20, what matters most? Account history or account balance? For example, if my school needs my sponsor to show that he can sponsor my first year of studies in the amount of 29k USD and my sponsor has good account history of multiple transactions to the tune 50k USD but only has a closing balance of about 10k USD now. Can I submit that? Thanks
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seedord247(m): 4:08am On Aug 06, 2011
screamie:

Hi guys, when submitting statement of account to your school for isssuing of I-20, what matters most? Account history or account balance? For example, if my school needs my sponsor to show that he can sponsor my first year of studies in the amount of 29k USD and my sponsor has good account history of multiple transactions to the tune 50k USD but only has a closing balance of about 10k USD now. Can I submit that? Thanks

I willl say Capital NO. . . . . Your sponsor must show that he's able to sponsor you for the whole years you will be spending in the school.

but you can still patronize oluwole for help. shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by myforumid3: 4:19am On Aug 06, 2011
seedord247:

I willl say Capital NO. . . . . Your sponsor must show that he's able to sponsor you for the whole years you will be spending in the school.

but you can still patronize oluwole for help. shocked shocked

Where and who is this oluwole self? Just curious cos I ve gotten my VISA and I'm flying very very very soon.

@house, I dont know if the house like people hiding virtually every detail answer about their interview using words like "Me: told him". Its annoying and no one can ever learn anything from answers like this, its better not to share your interview than posting "Told him" answers to all your question. Mschweeeeee,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by naggy: 4:20am On Aug 06, 2011
People coming to study in the US yet two-third of every statements posted are devoid of syntax and full of grammatical errors. Please how would you even be able to take advanced notes in a live lecture. People coming to the US yet don't know what their concentration and long term goals are? Why not come and ask me to suggest a career path for you? Young minds coming to the US to study yet can't take out time to research schools that best suit their needs they rather come here to ask people to search schools for them. Tufiakwa!!! laziness in the highest order! People going for interview and expect the host of heaven to rain down miracles not knowing that you first play your own part and then leave the rest to God. God's favor is clearly for those who merit it so those downplaying the values of religion (Christianity) should better think twice. F1 visa is now an avenue to jet out of the country to accomplish other ulterior motives. I just laugh!!! Well to all my genuine applicants out there, please keep your head ahead of the game and you will surely achieve your aspiration. You will make exploits and break new grounds here but all I ask is have a focus, be hardworking/dilligent and know what you want. I can comfortably and proudly say that the US has all it takes to bring out the best in you and helps you attain your highest potentials. And for those that abuse this system, just keep it up. Hopefully this may be my "final curtain call" I rest my case. Wishing y'all success and congratulations to those that received their student visas.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by cutegirly: 6:22am On Aug 06, 2011
People say "I told mim" because its not necessary dropping certain details. Eg, amount on account statement, course of study or even Uni. Its totally unnecessary. The most important thing is the visa application processing and all. When I ff this thread, right from Femilangy, that's how answers have been given. We shuld even be happy people are kind enough to come bk and post their experience. The excitement is usually not easy to contain. Pls who know how many delta fights leaves from Lagos to atlanta in on day.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by dizyfrenzy(m): 6:54am On Aug 06, 2011
heres to everyone whos been granted their visas, congrats, may God help us when we get to Obama land
as for the flight thing, if youre gonna be getting ur visa in this august and you intend to travel in this august, i dont expect you to be saying "pls where can i get CHEAP flights" cos trust me, there wont be any
if you go online to the website of all these airlines, like arik,klm,emirates,qatar, and even delta, you ll be seeing prices like ranging from $1400 to $1650 for lagos to NY, but na lie o. if you go to their office to book, thats when you ll hear the true story, qatar air from lagos to new york for dates ranging from 14th to 28th of this month is 423,665 naira, and they put something else on their website. the cheapest flights you can get now would be lag to new york on royal air maroc and klm which is like 345k, thats if you wana travel in this august o.
for those that are going to different states like illinois and texas and other states, it ll be cheaper if you go to NY first and then get a train to take you to where ure going,
just my 2 cents
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by cutegirly: 6:57am On Aug 06, 2011
My delta ticket cost 490k. Very annoyin.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Adolite(m): 8:13am On Aug 06, 2011
[td]Thanks a lot @Timotee. I was able to get the no. through their website & was able to rectify the problem. I have now booked a new date of 31st August (Lagos consulate), I would love an earlier date though. Just yesterday morning i saw 24th & 25th of August available dates but as at when i booked later in d afternoon, they had been disappeared .

Is it possible to check for available dates without necessairly cancelling your already scheduled appointment because that might be risky. Pls anyone that sees an earlier August date should let me know pls ohhhhhh. Thanks
[/td]

@Chi-Dalu

There is 25th this morning, you can quickly try it
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by biikeys(m): 8:39am On Aug 06, 2011
hello everybody,
I have a bank balance that is just a little above the required balance on my I:20 for a year and this includes what I have in fixed deposit.Would this be a problem pls??
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by folakemito: 9:27am On Aug 06, 2011
@seedord247, I'm headed towards Oklahoma City.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by folakemito: 9:42am On Aug 06, 2011
@ naggy, I hear you but good communication is not ALL about speaking English devoid of ,as u say, ' grammatical errors'. For me, It's all about UNDERSTANDING. Whether you communicate verbally or not, as long as the person you are communicating to understands you perfectly, even without going the whole nine yards with the GRAMMAR. Now, that's COMMUNICATION!

@ biikeys, I think its okay if you have any valuated property(ies) added to your statement. All d Best!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 10:45am On Aug 06, 2011
Is american english really correct like the british english? Forget about others short comings please. Thank you folakemito for your post.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by ChiDalu1: 11:14am On Aug 06, 2011
Adolite:

[td]Thanks a lot @Timotee. I was able to get the no. through their website & was able to rectify the problem. I have now booked a new date of 31st August (Lagos consulate), I would love an earlier date though. Just yesterday morning i saw 24th & 25th of August available dates but as at when i booked later in d afternoon, they had been disappeared .

Is it possible to check for available dates without necessairly cancelling your already scheduled appointment because  that might be risky. Pls anyone that sees an earlier August date should let me know pls ohhhhhh. Thanks
[/td]

@Chi-Dalu

There is 25th this morning, you can quickly try it

Thanks a lot Adolite, just checked and saw 23rd, 24th & 25th August dates available as well so i re-scheduled for 23rd. Anyone else who wants to re-schedule or book should hurry those dates are still available for Lagos consulate. Thanks
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Gbenge77(m): 11:21am On Aug 06, 2011
cutegirly:

My delta ticket cost 490k. Very annoyin.
I flew with Delta for 230k sometime back,so i guess u booked business class,right?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Toluth(m): 12:10pm On Aug 06, 2011
Gmat or Gre? Which one is better in
terms of admission package into US
schools?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by WARYZ(m): 12:14pm On Aug 06, 2011
Pls who can i get to hlp me do the property value thing?cuz my sponsor has so many properties so i wilk like to value evry nd take it with me to d embassy.nd how much will it cost me to do it,fast answers will be appriciated.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 1:08pm On Aug 06, 2011
@toluth,

GMAT or GRE depends on your course. GMAT for those going for business/management field and GRE for other fields.

@warzy,

I can see you are really frustrated. Remember, every individual with their own path. Did you go with such doc before?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nellywho(f): 1:21pm On Aug 06, 2011
i really think this trend is helping a lot of people and that the God of NL wink's is alive and will do wonders this month of august, All those going to the Embassy will get their visa grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Gbenge77(m): 1:57pm On Aug 06, 2011
naggy:

People coming to study in the US yet two-third of every statements posted are devoid of syntax and full of grammatical errors. Please how would you even be able to take advanced notes in a live lecture. People coming to the US yet don't know what their concentration and long term goals are? Why not come and ask me to suggest a career path for you? Young minds coming to the US to study yet can't take out time to research schools that best suit their needs they rather come here to ask people to search schools for them. Tufiakwa!!! laziness in the highest order! People going for interview and expect the host of heaven to rain down miracles not knowing that you first play your own part and then leave the rest to God. God's favor is clearly for those who merit it so those downplaying the values of religion (Christianity) should better think twice. F1 visa is now an avenue to jet out of the country to accomplish other ulterior motives. I just laugh!!! Well to all my genuine applicants out there, please keep your head ahead of the game and you will surely achieve your aspiration. You will make exploits and break new grounds here but all I ask is have a focus, be hardworking/dilligent and know what you want. I can comfortably and proudly say that the US has all it takes to bring out the best in you and helps you attain your highest potentials. And for those that abuse this system, just keep it up. Hopefully this may be my "final curtain call" I rest my case. Wishing y'all success and congratulations to those that received their student visas.
Its absolutely appalling to see prospective US students commit errors in modification and word order,dangling modifiers,parallelism,
naggy:

Its absolutely appalling to see prospective US students commit errors in modification and word order,dangling modifiers,parallelism etc
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by folakemito: 2:51pm On Aug 06, 2011
Seriosly Nigerians in diaspora, what is wrong with us?! We talk as if we were bred, fed and washd with this language! What is wrong with people making mistakes in English?! For Our sakes, it is not even our native lang.! We don't have to be extremely good at spkn this lang. Yes!, it may be d lang. of business, trade, e.t.c. But, we will always be ourselves, no mata what! Even some native spkrs cn't spk beta dan Nigerians. WE ARE NIGERIANS! LEARN TO PROMOTE UR NATIVE LANG., WHETHER YORUBA, IGBO OR HAUSA! THAT SHOULD BE ONE OF D ESSENCE OF U BEING THERE! Seriosly Nigerians in diaspora, what is wrong with us?! We talk as if we were bred, fed and washd with this language! What is wrong with people making mistakes in English?! For Our sakes, it is not even our native lang.! We don't have to be extremely good at spkn this lang. Yes!, it may be d lang. of business, trade, e.t.c. But, we will always be ourselves, no mata what! Even some native spkrs cn't spk beta dan Nigerians. WE ARE NIGERIANS! LEARN TO PROMOTE UR NATIVE LANG., WHETHER YORUBA, IGBO OR HAUSA! THAT SHOULD BE ONE OF D ESSENCE OF U BEING THERE!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 3:11pm On Aug 06, 2011
I tire oooo. This issue of english is just another diversion off topic. So, perfect english speaking is the major criteria to get visa, to write in the class(even the use of abbrev. is now wrong) or to live successfully in the US.

Common! lets talk something more important than this jor!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Abats4naija: 4:36pm On Aug 06, 2011
folakemito:

Seriosly Nigerians in diaspora, what is wrong with us?! We talk as if we were bred, fed and washd with this language! What is wrong with people making mistakes in English?! For Our sakes, it is not even our native lang.! We don't have to be extremely good at spkn this lang. Yes!, it may be d lang. of business, trade, e.t.c. But, we will always be ourselves, no mata what! Even some native spkrs cn't spk beta dan Nigerians. WE ARE NIGERIANS! LEARN TO PROMOTE your NATIVE LANG., WHETHER YORUBA, IGBO OR HAUSA! THAT SHOULD BE ONE OF D ESSENCE OF U BEING THERE! Seriosly Nigerians in diaspora, what is wrong with us?! We talk as if we were bred, fed and washd with this language! What is wrong with people making mistakes in English?! For Our sakes, it is not even our native lang.! We don't have to be extremely good at spkn this lang. Yes!, it may be d lang. of business, trade, e.t.c. But, we will always be ourselves, no mata what! Even some native spkrs cn't spk beta dan Nigerians. WE ARE NIGERIANS! LEARN TO PROMOTE your NATIVE LANG., WHETHER YORUBA, IGBO OR HAUSA! THAT SHOULD BE ONE OF D ESSENCE OF U BEING THERE!
@folakemito Please help me ask the Americana Nigerians ooo, lol, Iv been in the US for sometime now and many citizens no speak English reach me. But the truth is that some of the prospective applicants on this thread do not construct their post well. Notwithstanding these American based guys should criticize constructively.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nairaspace: 5:42pm On Aug 06, 2011
Congrats y'll dat got visas! and success to the ones going for interviews!!!!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by next2TX: 5:53pm On Aug 06, 2011
kninii big deal??
@folakemito, u will get late to the airport, if care is not taken. let me help u out.
1)your interview was done in English Language nd you responded in English.yes or No? if yes, u won,if no, u lost.
2)u had A,B or C in WASSCE yes/no, if yes u won,if NO,  u lost.
3)u told the I.O dat u will come back home or go to non English speaking countries to teach English Language nd she/he was convinced. yes or NO? score urself 10/10 if your answers are YES, shikena.
abeg make we hear word. no be dis English?? .Iam not against correction but haba!!!
Aristotle,Socrates nd Plato re great men without any knowledge of English Lang
How creative nd innovative u re make u stand out in crowds not your awilo-English Language.
small pikin in china dey do phones but your English only focus on getting money to buy it.

[b], Nigeria will get it right when we start converting our wastes(criticizing efforts) to alternative energy (innovation and reativity)[/b]
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by GboyegaD(m): 6:06pm On Aug 06, 2011
folakemito:

I did my interview at the Abuja embassy, counter 7. People came for different reasons tho but so many people were equally rejected. They gave very very very very few students amongst us. Mine was for 10:00 am. We went through the normal security checking.

The old man at counter 6 and the young guy at counter 9, had no mercy, mehn they were just rejecting after spending about 10 min with them. I was scaboshing (praying) that I wont be called up by them and God heard me. I was interviewed by the young lady at counter 7. It went thus:

ME: GOOD AFTERNOON
        VOsad WITH A SMILE) GOOD AFTERNOON
        VO: SO, HOW DID YOU COME ABOUT THIS UNIVERSITY
         ME: I WAS LOOKING FOR A RESEARCH ONLINE ABOUT GETTING A PERCEPTION ABOUT NATIVE AND NON- NATIVE TEACHERS OF AN ESL CLASSROOM, AND I REALISED THAT DR. ROBERT GRIFFIN, AN ASSOCIATE PROF. AT,  IS DOING A RESEARCH ON IT, SO I APPLIED.
        VO:OKAY
        VO: LET ME HAVE YOUR TEST SCORES AND TRANSCRIPT
        ME: I GAVE HER MY TOEFL AND TRANSCRIPT ( MY SCHOOL DOES NOT REQUIRE GRE FOR MY COURSE IN PARTICULAR AND ALSO BECAUSE OF MY BACKGROUND) : MA TESOL. I THINK SHE KNEW THAT CAUSE SHE DIDNT ASK FOR IT, EVEN WHEN I TRIED GIVING HER THE EXEMPTION LETTER.
        VO: WHO IS SPONSORING YOU?
        ME:  MY FATHER ( GAVE HER THE BANK STATEMENT)
        VO: (AFTER CHECKING CAREFULLY) YOU DO REALIZE THAT THE BALANCE IN YOUR FATHER'S BANK STATEMENT IS NOT ENOUGH TO SPONSOR YOU THROUGH SCHOOL.
        ME: YES, I KNOW BUT WE HAVE PROPERTIES TO AID ME THROUGH MY PROGRAM.
        VO: IS YOUR FATHER READY TO PART WITH ANY OF THESE PROPERTIES?
        ME: YES! HE TOLD ME TO TELL YOU THAT HE IS READY TO PART WITH ANY OF THESE PROPERTIES.
        VO: CAN I HAVE THE VALUATION?
         ME: OPENED THE PROPERTY VALUATION BOOK AND READ OUT THE VALUE OF ALL OUR PROPERTIES.
         VO: SHE WAS EXTREMELY IMPRESSED BY IT.
         VO: WHAT ARE U GOING TO DO AFTER your MASTERS?
         ME: I WOULD LOVE TO COME BACK TO NIGERIA AND LECTURE IN ENGLISH LANGUAGE
         VO: WHY NIGERIA?
         ME BECAUSE WE ARE SECOND LANGUAGE SPEAKERS OF ENGLISH AND ALSO, I'D LOVE TO TEACH ENGLISH IN OTHER COUNTRIES LIKE CHINA, AUSTRALIA, ISREAL, RUSSIA AND ALL OTHER COUNTRIES WHO ARE FOREIGN SPEAKERS OF ENGLISH.
          VO: OKAY, I AM GOING TO ISSUE YOUR VISA.  (GAVE ME ONE WHITE PAPER) AND DIRECTED ME SOMEWHERE ELSE TO PIK IT UP ON FRIDAY.

MEHN, I WAS FILLED WITH JOY ' COS I CAME ALL D WAY FROM AKURE AND THE PROCESS HAS NOT BEEN AN EASY ONE. PICKED MY VISA UP YESTERDAY.

JUST WANT TO SAY DAT THE MAJOR THING HERE IS PRAYER!!!!!!!!!! NOT OVER REHEARSED QUESTIONS.

Congratulations!!!
Wishing you the best of your stay in the US

(1) (2) (3) ... (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) ... (317)

Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Travelling To Canada Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.