Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,095 members, 7,880,419 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 05:56 PM

APC/NASS Crises: Observation On The Major Players - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC/NASS Crises: Observation On The Major Players (24315 Views)

. / Treasury Single Account: Its Benefit, Major Players And Unnecessary Controversy / APC And NASS Crises: Atiku Says Its Time To Stop The Blame Game And Work Togethe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC/NASS Crises: Observation On The Major Players by UnknownT: 9:18am On Jun 26, 2015
barcanista:
Haba, no na and I never said so. Was only making a point
You wrote this, In 2011 the APC interfered in PDP choice for Presiding officers and they got served with emergence of Dogara, Saraki and Ekeremadu in 2015. However, in all fairness the APC didn't interfere in the choice of Principal officers in 2011.
That your statement, in all fairness APC didn't interfere in the choice of Principal officers in 2011 made me ask cos it appears you are saying PDP interfered with what happened yesterday
Re: APC/NASS Crises: Observation On The Major Players by QuotaSystem: 9:18am On Jun 26, 2015
gratiaeo:
The Nigerian People will have to rise as One to chase this inept and confused administration out of the corridors of power. Alternatively we ask for the intervention of the Nigeria military NOW !

grin not that easy mate.
Re: APC/NASS Crises: Observation On The Major Players by NDPVF(m): 9:19am On Jun 26, 2015
barcanista:
I don't want to speak for APC but your question is pushing me to that. Well, the APC has National Working Committee led by the Chairman. This organ make decision on behalf of the party. For the nominees, the Chairman or Secretary acting on behalf of the party send the names to the Presiding officer of the parliament. The Presiding officer reads it and call for adoption or votes by the members of the caucus. The members MAY decide to go with the nomination or decide some other people depending on majority votes. The presiding officer has NOT a single right to suggest, tamper or nominate. If Tinubu has its members, it depends on majority of the House whether or not they wish to be aligned to the position. It isn't subject to the bias of Saraki/Dogara
You see,most times i enjoy reading your posts and comments afterwards,than commenting.But let me quickly point this out.
This comment i quoted,is where the APC problem started,and that is where people like me,and other Nigerians who saw afar,marked APC a "soon-to-be-expired-product",right from the day of its merger,and subsequent events that happened before,during and after they "elected" selected/imposed their party officials by one man called Tinubu.
I understood the reason North maintained their silence then.It wasnt because they doesnt what Tinubu was upto then,but they kept quiet,waiting for the "grin-DAY".They did what is called "playing-along",and Tinubu installed almost all the party structures,and virtually determines what happens in the party,but what North wants then is "power",not party,hence,they lured Tinubu into thinking he has the party in his pocket,so that he can pull sw voters to them,to complete their number.
But now,North has the power,and MUST control the party.That is why,if i use the word USE AND DUMP,i know what am talking about.
The party executives/officials you are talking about,is "Tinubu,because he virtually appointed all perharps with oath of allegiance/commitment",so that he will use them in days like this.
So,when you said the party ratifies the names sent to Saraki and Dogara,you are saying "Tinubu" ratifies the names.
This is why the northern interests that wants to control the party now,are secretly supporting Saraki and Dogara,so as to have the party in their control.
Let me ask you,are you aware that their has been a call lately for Oyegun to resign?.why havent Northern APC political elites come out to openly castigate Atiku?.Atiku?.Yes Atiku.Bombshell;Saraki and Dogara are playing a well orchestrated Atikus tape,to control APC!.

6 Likes

Re: APC/NASS Crises: Observation On The Major Players by Emrys16(m): 9:19am On Jun 26, 2015
Apc needs to work on themself
Re: APC/NASS Crises: Observation On The Major Players by NDPVF(m): 9:22am On Jun 26, 2015
[s]
Jesusloveyou:
tinubu is not a member of NWC of d party, d decision is made by nwc, ur hate for tinubu should not make u ignorant.
[/s]NWC=TINUBU!.
Why?.He virtually made them NWC.

3 Likes

Re: APC/NASS Crises: Observation On The Major Players by arabianights: 9:23am On Jun 26, 2015
Neduzze5:
The pathetic fools!!

I don't know who is worse amongst dem;

The cow rearing President Buhari or the quagmire filled leeches at the helm of power in the NASS!

It seems like their stupidity and apparent arrogance complements each other.

#UndressNASS

funny enough,i swear by the God who created me that you are worse than them all
just view the negative words u used.
Re: APC/NASS Crises: Observation On The Major Players by Nobody: 9:23am On Jun 26, 2015
UnknownT:
You wrote this, In 2011 the APC interfered in PDP choice for Presiding officers and they got served with emergence of Dogara, Saraki and Ekeremadu in 2015. However, in all fairness the APC didn't interfere in the choice of Principal officers in 2011.
That your statement, in all fairness APC didn't interfere in the choice of Principal officers in 2011 made me ask cos it appears you are saying PDP interfered with what happened yesterday

Oh Don't get me wrong. The poster I quoted was talking about APC's interference in PDP's nomination in 2011. So I only gave a reminder that though APC interfered in the choice for presiding officers, it never did in PDP's choice for principal officers.
Re: APC/NASS Crises: Observation On The Major Players by Rapbender(m): 9:24am On Jun 26, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
Saraki and Dogara didn't act unconstitutionally but were wary fo godfatherism which was at play there. I'm not suprised that they picked their own men as leaders because nobody will feel comfortable with a bull's eye painted at his back
ur everywhere on the thread. na only u waka come shocked
Re: APC/NASS Crises: Observation On The Major Players by Nobody: 9:25am On Jun 26, 2015
Rom 1:28-32
28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; 29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, 30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, 31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.
(KJV)
Re: APC/NASS Crises: Observation On The Major Players by Nobody: 9:26am On Jun 26, 2015
NDPVF:
You see,most times i enjoy reading your posts and comments afterwards,than commenting.But let me quickly point this out.
This comment i quoted,is where the APC problem started,and that is where people like me,and other Nigerians who saw afar,marked APC a "soon-to-be-expired-product",right from the day of its merger,and subsequent events that happened before,during and after they "elected" selected/imposed their party officials by one man called Tinubu.
I understood the reason North maintained their silence then.It wasnt because they doesnt what Tinubu was upto then,but they kept quiet,waiting for the "grin-DAY".They did what is called "playing-along",and Tinubu installed almost all the party structures,and virtually determines what happens in the party,but what North wants then is "power",not party,hence,they lured Tinubu into thinking he has the party in his pocket,so that he can pull sw voters to them,to complete their number.
But now,North has the power,and MUST control the party.That is why,if i use the word USE AND DUMP,i know what am talking about.
The party executives/officials you are talking about,is "Tinubu,because he virtually appointed all perharps with oath of allegiance/commitment",so that he will use them in days like this.
So,when you said the party ratifies the names sent to Saraki and Dogara,you are saying "Tinubu" ratifies the names.
This is why the northern interests that wants to control the party now,are secretly supporting Saraki and Dogara,so as to have the party in their control.
Let me ask you,are you aware that their has been a call lately for Oyegun to resign?.why havent Northern APC political elites come out to openly castigate Atiku?.Atiku?.Yes Atiku.Bombshell;Saraki and Dogara are playing a well orchestrated Atikus tape,to control APC!.
You see my position is not even about who emerged or who doesn't. I just want the proper thing to be done. The precedent of Saraki must be checked, he has to allow his Caucus select/elect their leaders in the house or ratifying the list from the party's secretariat
Re: APC/NASS Crises: Observation On The Major Players by fx45(m): 9:26am On Jun 26, 2015
INTROVERT:
Until I see a counter thread laden with such hard hitting truths... The OP is spot on. grin
Are you a robot You seem to be on every thread...
Re: APC/NASS Crises: Observation On The Major Players by mistabiola: 9:27am On Jun 26, 2015
barcanista:
Watching the APC caucus of distinguished Senators and Honorable Members of House of Representatives was a shame to behold on Thursday June 26, 2015. It was a shame that the ruling party couldn't put their act in order. More painful is that the incompetence of the ruling party is having effect on the Nigeria State. Here are some observations...

1. SP Saraki and Speaker Dogara Are Naïve, Arrogantly and Ignorant
The positions of Senate and House Leaders and their deputies, and the Chief Whips and their deputies are not appointive offices. It has never been heard in any parliament that the presiding officer determines who occupies these principal offices. For the record, the Majority leader is supposed to be a core party loyalist. He is the primary link between his party and members of the party in the parliament, the majority leader schedules business on the floor by calling bills from the calendar and keeps members of his party advised about the daily legislative program. The Chief Whip is also supposed to be a core party man that enforced discipline on erring party members that conducts themselves against the interests of the party in the parliament. By tradition, the majority party chooses the Majority leader, Chief Whip, Deputy Leader and Deputy whip, while members of the party in the parliament ratify. If the APC says they want Lawan as Senate Leader and Gbajabiamila as House Leader, all that has to be done is for the APC members of the Senate and the House respectively to either ratify the names sent to them by the party leadership or they (members) elect who they want. For SP Saraki and Speaker Dogora to insist on a particular pattern that is not acceptable to majority of their party parliamentarians shows that both men are arrogantly naive. This can't be accepted in any democracy, and accepting it will set a bad precedent for this country.

2. Saraki And APC Have Done Nigeria A Great Disservice
Senator Ali Ndume was indicted in November 2011 to have link with BH. The arrested BH Spokesman Ali Konduga had maintained that Sen Ndume had paid him to send threatening text messages http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-15829203. There are call evidence of Ali Ndume's phone exchange with Boko Haram which the undistinguished Senator admitted after it was extracted by an agent from the Israeli based Digital Forensic http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/12/court-admits-fresh-evidence-linking-ndume-to-boko-haram/. As at the time of the election, Senator Ndume was facing Terrorism trial. Instead of APC to give their ticket to competent hand they gave it to the same Ali Ndume. He was elected thanks to the change propaganda and became a Senator once again rather than clearing his name. Senator Saraki out of selfish interest compounded the woes of Nigerians by imposing an alleged Boko Haram Sponsor as Nigeria's Senate Leader. What a disservice by APC and Bukola Saraki. A shame to Nigeria that the Leader of the Upper House is facing terrorist charges.

3.APC Deserve No Sympathy
APC rode on propaganda and blackmail. It is a gathering of people of different ideologies, different worlds and men of questionable integrity. It isn't filled with men with common goals like what a political party should be. It is filled with men whose sole ambition was to form a consortium to send Jonathan back to Otuoke and GRAB power. APC as a party also encouraged rascality and impunity in the last National Assembly. APC commended and encouraged Tambawal and the 7 rascals PDP Governors for their anti-party activities. It is a shame but the APC encouraged impunity and even rewarded it by giving them political fortune. Now that APC is at the receiving end of the whole thing, and even receiving worse, I don't think it deserve any symparthy. It is a shame that the presiding officers of both Chambers are hell-bent on by-passing common sense just to subvert the interest of majority of the party. At least in 2011 the PDP had their way in choosing the four principal offices when they lost the two presiding offices due to APC instigated rebellion in the House. I understand the plight for the APC but I have no sympathy for the party. I hope they put their act in order.

4. SP Saraki and Speaker Dogara Deserve To Be Served
In the last dispensation, Senator Saraki and Honorable Dogara were part of the new PDP that fought alongside the opposition to cause a wreck to the Jonathan's re-election ambition and the PDP structure. Now they are back to do to their former comrades-at-arm what they did to their former party. If Saraki and Dogara think they will enjoy the support and privileges from the PDP on the long run, they should have their heads examined. The PDP will make a grave mistake by rewarding Saraki and Hon Dogara on the long run. Already PDP has got the Deputy Senate Presidency, the party should understand that Saraki and Dogara need them more that they need those men. In the event that APC wield their big stick on them, the PDP should have in mind the treachery of both men and serve them at latter date. Yes I supported Saraki and Dogara for Senate President and Speaker respectively so as to nullify the APC's arrangement because Nigeria cannot be run like a one-man's business, it is not because they were worth it. That is in the past now. Saraki and Dogara betrayed PDP to benefit from APC, now they turned around to betray APC but must not benefit from PDP

5. APC Should Not Hold Nigeria To Ransom
Nigerians are tired with one day one trouble for APC and their chieftains. The business of Governance is already suffering all because nothing has started. The auto-piloting system that Buhari is running isn't helping matters. Nigerians are tired of hearing APC Governors and other elected officers talking about partisan politics rather than performing the role they were elected to. Enough is enough. APC has already wasted one month of our National life, we can't afford the luxury of wasting important time on the troubles of the ruling party

When you see supposedly educated & enlightened youths promoting hate & insults against Saraki for placing constitution over party. Hope is lost.

1 Like

Re: APC/NASS Crises: Observation On The Major Players by QuotaSystem: 9:30am On Jun 26, 2015
patrickmuf:
One minute he's praising Saraki, next, he's castigating him and the APC...
Have you forgotten it's your PDP national assembly members that have got us into this mess?
You talk from both sides of your mouth, just so you have something to fall back upon in case of any eventuality...

He has finally seen the script, the appointments yesterday cleared his eyes in the end. Saraki and Dogara have been playing Atiku's/Yerima/Tambuwal/Core north's script from the very beginning. The southern lawmakers were used as pawns and had no clue.

This is all an attempt by the North to sieze the APC from the SW and revive the PDP before also seizing it back from the SS/SE. So far they're winning.

Keep your eyes peeled.
Re: APC/NASS Crises: Observation On The Major Players by IFELEKE(m): 9:31am On Jun 26, 2015
Good men live on borrowed times while sanity gravitate towards dogs!
Re: APC/NASS Crises: Observation On The Major Players by joseph1832(m): 9:33am On Jun 26, 2015
INTROVERT:
Until I see a counter thread laden with such hard hitting truths... The OP is spot on. grin
Of course he is spot on. But it is this same OP barcanista and his followers who went into orgasmic frenzy shouting and celebrating when this same persons Saraki and Dogara emerge as Senate President and Speaker.

It is not today members of the NASS have been fighting, it happens all over the world, it even happen during OBJ's tenure as president during the 4th republic, might I even mention the River state assembly crises that saw Chidi Lloyd hammering away at hiss fellow honorable.

My dear, these things happen, its happening because the APC and PDP law makers are thieves!. Plain and simple.

2 Likes

Re: APC/NASS Crises: Observation On The Major Players by kinibigdeal(m): 9:33am On Jun 26, 2015
Your analysis need a simple answer. The national assembly remain an independent house which need to be separated from party politics. Saraki and dogora has done nothing wrong so far, you don't impose a candidate on the house consisting of diverse party members but mainly PDP and APC. Yes, the majority party should have most of the juicy position but the constitution of the house states that "the house will elect their leaders and not a certain godfather forwarding names to the house" please get that point barcanista! What saraki and dogora has done is beyond PDP and APC politics but to show that the National assembly remains a separate entity. If a single individual now have power over the National assembly, I think the country and even the president is not safe. The whole problem bug down to tinubu selfish interest, he has no knowledge about national politics, imposition can only be allowed in southWest and not on the whole nation. Obasanjo remain a nationalist because of is complete federal system of playing politics. Tinubu owns the vice president, the president(even though PMP said he belong to nobody), the party chairman(oyegun), party spokesman(Lai mohammed) etc when we have NPDP, CPC, ANPP e.t.c are you telling me that all of them that form the APC will now be sidelined because of a single man? Tinubu want to control the assembly by handpicking lawan/akume and gbajabiamila, how can that be? Technically you are saying the south-south and south East should be sideline, is that how to manage politics? The foundation of the crisis lies in tinubu ambition ok. Now he is fighting atiku for the position of NWC..those blaming saraki and dogora are bias based on the root cause!!
Re: APC/NASS Crises: Observation On The Major Players by NDPVF(m): 9:34am On Jun 26, 2015
barcanista:
You see my position is not even about who emerged or who doesn't. I just want the proper thing to be done. The precedent of Saraki must be checked, he has to allow his Caucus select/elect their leaders in the house or ratifying the list from the party's secretariat
That exactly the reason the "proper thing will be hard to be done" in this case,because of who the sarakis/dogaras of this world and the unseen hands holding them,thinks is behind the ratification of the party nominees.This is simply a game of interest!.
And this is the difference between APC and PDP.No man can lay claim to PDP,but Tinubu can lay claim to APC.
Re: APC/NASS Crises: Observation On The Major Players by helpee(m): 9:35am On Jun 26, 2015
barcanista:
No my brother, Saraki erred. Even when party zones, it doen't necessarily tell members of each zone to produce their candidate. What it does is to nominate candidates and allow for members to adopt/ratify. All their members decide by election who they want or by consensus. When Between 1999 and 2011 PDP has always nominated principal office holders with members ratifying. Opposition likewise nominate their own principal officers and it is usually done without rancor. Saraki doesn't have any right to propose or suggest how they should be chosen other than following the norms. That is how it is done.

I hope other parties learn from this episode
the election is not the business of the Senate but the APC caucus in the house and from what we heard in the news an earlier election by apc caucus members produced ndume. So, it is still the same thing
Re: APC/NASS Crises: Observation On The Major Players by Luukasz(m): 9:36am On Jun 26, 2015
barcanista:
I am not surprised. The so called party has never been political in outlook, they packaged themselves to appear like all is well only to earn themselves embarrassment on a latter day. It is such a shame
PDP Symphatizers will always talk in favour of PDP...But i want you to know one thing no matter how PDP & itz Puppets opposses APC,PDP will never rule Nigeria again till Eternity.
Eat it or you Spit it Out

4 Likes

Re: APC/NASS Crises: Observation On The Major Players by dustydee: 9:37am On Jun 26, 2015
barcanista:

3.APC Deserve No Sympathy
APC rode on propaganda and blackmail. It is a gathering of people of different ideologies, different worlds and men of questionable integrity. It isn't filled with men with common goals like what a political party should be. It is filled with men whose sole ambition was to form a consortium to send Jonathan back to Otuoke and GRAB power. APC as a party also encouraged rascality and impunity in the last National Assembly. APC commended and encouraged Tambawal and the 7 rascals PDP Governors for their anti-party activities. It is a shame but the APC encouraged impunity and even rewarded it by giving them political fortune. Now that APC is at the receiving end of the whole thing, and even receiving worse, I don't think it deserve any symparthy. It is a shame that the presiding officers of both Chambers are hell-bent on by-passing common sense just to subvert the interest of majority of the party. At least in 2011 the PDP had their way in choosing the four principal offices when they lost the two presiding offices due to APC instigated rebellion in the House. I understand the plight for the APC but I have no sympathy for the party. I hope they put their act in order.
I disagree with the bold part. The Opposition then was not in a position to determine the speaker of the house at that time going by the level of support Tambuwal and Mulikat had. Most of the PDP reps were in support of Tambuwal and even if the other ACN and CPC members had supported Mulikat, she would have still lost to Tambuwal. Also, the opposition to PDPs choice was from majority of PDP members in the first place unlike the current scenario where the Speaker and the senate president rode on the back of the opposition even though majority of their party members did not want them.

2 Likes

Re: APC/NASS Crises: Observation On The Major Players by Nobody: 9:38am On Jun 26, 2015
joseph1832:
Of course he is spot on. But it is this same OP barcanista and his followers who went into orgasmic frenzy shouting and celebrating when this same persons Saraki and Dogara emerge as Senate President and Speaker.

It is not today members of the NASS have been fighting, it happens all over the world, it even happen during OBJ's tenure as president during the 4th republic, might I even mention the River state assembly crises that saw Chidi Lloyd hammering away at hiss fellow honorable.

My dear, these things happen, its happening because the APC and PDP law makers are thieves!. Plain and simple.
I am not interested who emerged as principal officers, I want the right thing to be done. As for the election of Presiding officers, I supported Saraki and Dogara and will do it a thousand times provided that they are NOT the APC candidates. The Presiding officers are non partisan unlike the principal officers that are meant to be partisan. Nevertheless, the proper thing is to be done.
Re: APC/NASS Crises: Observation On The Major Players by viczing(m): 9:39am On Jun 26, 2015
barcanista:
Inasmuch as I don't sympathise with APC, I think we should be very careful so as not to support an illegality that will come to hunt us later. The Presiding officer position cannot be undermined by any principal officer. The positions of principal officers are pure partisan and occupants are to be conservative party members. That is what is obtained everywhere.

You should also look from the sp's angle after going against your party directive the party wants to choose the other position he's scared of witch hunt having gone against the party at first, remember he has a group and this decision is not personal it must have been discussed with other politician and other senators (like minds) before he implements it so he has some backing.... you don't leave an enemy behind your back you might end up regretting. saraki made enemies with the names apc sent to him so I guess it's his fear
Re: APC/NASS Crises: Observation On The Major Players by Nobody: 9:40am On Jun 26, 2015
The true nature of negative CHANGE is gradually being revealed

1 Like

Re: APC/NASS Crises: Observation On The Major Players by Rilwayne001: 9:44am On Jun 26, 2015
Compatriots who made change possible should keep the faith. The journey is not a sprint but a marathon. Let them insult you. We'll surely laugh last.
Re: APC/NASS Crises: Observation On The Major Players by Nobody: 9:44am On Jun 26, 2015
kinibigdeal:
Your analysis need a simple answer. The national assembly remain an independent house which need to be separated from party politics. Saraki and dogora has done nothing wrong so far, you don't impose a candidate on the house consisting of diverse party members but mainly PDP and APC. Yes, the majority party should have most of the juicy position but the constitution of the house states that "the house will elect their leaders and not a certain godfather forwarding names to the house" please get that point barcanista! What saraki and dogora has done is beyond PDP and APC politics but to show that the National assembly remains a separate entity. If a single individual now have power over the National assembly, I think the country and even the president is not safe. The whole problem bug down to tinubu selfish interest, he has no knowledge about national politics, imposition can only be allowed in southWest and not on the whole nation. Obasanjo remain a nationalist because of is complete federal system of playing politics. Tinubu owns the vice president, the president(even though PMP said he belong to nobody), the party chairman(oyegun), party spokesman(Lai mohammed) etc when we have NPDP, CPC, ANPP e.t.c are you telling me that all of them that form the APC will now be sidelined because of a single man? Tinubu want to control the assembly by handpicking lawan/akume and gbajabiamila, how can that be? Technically you are saying the south-south and south East should be sideline, is that how to manage politics? The foundation of the crisis lies in tinubu ambition ok. Now he is fighting atiku for the position of NWC..those blaming saraki and dogora are bias based on the root cause!!
Bros, I don't want to be speaking for APC but some of your questions boils to that. The Leadership Position that the constitution talked of are the Senate President, Deputy Senate President, The Speaker and Deputy Speaker. The whole house irrespective of party elect these people and they preside over the house. This are not partisan positions.

The positions of House leader, Deputy, Whip and Deputy are all partisan and they are usually filled by conservative members. Nevertheless, the party do nominate and the caucus in the house ratify or elect their own but every party man participate in the election. Saraki is trying to subvert this. The principal officers are not the appointees of the SP. What if we allow Saraki have his way and he decide to extend his madness to imposing minority leader and minority whip for the house?
Re: APC/NASS Crises: Observation On The Major Players by Nobody: 9:45am On Jun 26, 2015
NDPVF:
That exactly the reason the "proper thing will be hard to be done" in this case,because of who the sarakis/dogaras of this world and the unseen hands holding them,thinks is behind the ratification of the party nominees.This is simply a game of interest!.
And this is the difference between APC and PDP.No man can lay claim to PDP,but Tinubu can lay claim to APC.
They have to manage themselves well because Nigerians are seriously affected
Re: APC/NASS Crises: Observation On The Major Players by joseph1832(m): 9:48am On Jun 26, 2015
barcanista:
I am not interested who emerged as principal officers, I want the right thing to be done. As for the election of Presiding officers, I supported Saraki and Dogara and will do it a thousand times provided that they are NOT the APC candidates. The Presiding officers are non partisan unlike the principal officers that are meant to be partisan. Nevertheless, the proper thing is to be done.
Proper thing? Which proper thing? All this is happening because Saraki and Dogara occupied positions they weren't suppose to occupy!.

Tell me, during the 6th and 7th senate, weren't the principal officers members of the ruling party who were very partisan about the dominance of the ruling Party PDP?. And who emerged as principal officers during that period?!.

To hear you speak of non partisan insults my intelligence. It even shows you know little or nothing about politics. An elected member of either the senate, house of reps, even governor or local government chairman must be partisan to survive Nigerian politics.

Even you barcanista, you're partisan. So please don't insult us eh... How HFOG and Ecoterrors na? Hope say dem never dey fight un top your mata? gringringrin
Re: APC/NASS Crises: Observation On The Major Players by Nobody: 9:49am On Jun 26, 2015
helpee:
the election is not the business of the Senate but the APC caucus in the house and from what we heard in the news an earlier election by apc caucus members produced ndume. So, it is still the same thing
No Sir, the APC Caucus didn't elect Ndume. "Saraki zoned it to NE" and told NE APC members to get a consensus through which Ndume emerged. The whole APC caucus are meant to decide because the eventual occupant won't be leader of a particular zone but for the party caucus in the parliament
Re: APC/NASS Crises: Observation On The Major Players by ERODEDEAST(f): 9:50am On Jun 26, 2015
All I know "Karma is a West German"
Re: APC/NASS Crises: Observation On The Major Players by lunaticfringe: 9:50am On Jun 26, 2015
APC=A Proven Catastrophe First they scaled the NASS fence. Now they are exchanging blows. The Green House has been turned into a boxing ring. They sit for 1 hour,fight for a whole day,go on recess for two weeks,adjourn for a whole month,and at the end of the year 150 billion is gone. A bunch of shameless people. Imaging fighting until the mase went missing. Chai #OneChanceChange!!
Please we need a GREEN HORNET in there ASAP...
Re: APC/NASS Crises: Observation On The Major Players by Nobody: 9:52am On Jun 26, 2015
dustydee:

I disagree with the bold part. The Opposition then was not in a position to determine the speaker of the house at that time going by the level of support Tambuwal and Mulikat had. Most of the PDP reps were in support of Tambuwal and even if the other ACN and CPC members had supported Mulikat, she would have still lost to Tambuwal. Also, the opposition to PDPs choice was from majority of PDP members in the first place unlike the current scenario where the Speaker and the senate president rode on the back of the opposition even though majority of their party members did not want them.
The PDP guys that supported the rebellious Tambawal/Ihedioha were from the North. They had the guts to do that because the SW base of Mulikat (APC Reps) deserted her and gave support to the NE Tambawal. They took advantage of that. If APC hadn't interfered, Mulikat would have contested unopposed or floor Tambawal
Re: APC/NASS Crises: Observation On The Major Players by eaccyboy(m): 9:52am On Jun 26, 2015
crisis in APC #weareglad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari Distances Self From Plot To Draft Jonathan Into Presidential Race / Wike, An Alcoholic – Atiku’s Aide, Phrank Shaibu / Mob Attacks NTA Properties In Aba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.