Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,398 members, 7,901,089 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 11:05 PM

Saraki Replies APC Leadership On NASS Crisis, Says "My Hands Are Tied" - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki Replies APC Leadership On NASS Crisis, Says "My Hands Are Tied" (44451 Views)

Reno Omokri Replies APC Statement That Nobody Looted Like Jonathan / Certificate Scandal: Dino Melaye's Profile Altered By Senate On NASS Website- SR / Fayose Slams Buhari & His Leadership On Channels TV. Some Nigerians Hail Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Saraki Replies APC Leadership On NASS Crisis, Says "My Hands Are Tied" by muh4lyf(m): 11:41am On Jun 26, 2015
odyx:
A close look at saraki responds makes a lot of sense were free democratic laws are followed. Let the senate handle their issues, APC should just be like a guild and advice were necessary.
What are you people saying.. Please talking about democracy saraki should not even come out cos we know how kwara is been governed... Stop deceiving yourselves theses people would offer nothing to Nigerians, they are all there for their pockets

1 Like

Re: Saraki Replies APC Leadership On NASS Crisis, Says "My Hands Are Tied" by Forwetinnah: 11:42am On Jun 26, 2015
Like play like play 2019 will come and go with APC giving us nothing to show for the ST:UPID change they promised. They fight every other week, use the next week to explain to Nigerians why they fought the previous...while warming up for another fight the next week. The earlier a fighting ring is installed in that "shallow chamber", the better for us. Mayweather and PacMan, meet your colleagues
Re: Saraki Replies APC Leadership On NASS Crisis, Says "My Hands Are Tied" by cfame1(m): 11:44am On Jun 26, 2015
oladele97:

but u can appreciate Tinubu for orchestrating a change
if Tinubu appoint VP, and the party decide to choose who become sp or speaker what is wrong
if u are not hearing from Lai Muhammad DAT means u are not following

Point of correction. Tinubu did not orchestrate the emergence of apc as the ruling party. If you ask me I will say those pdp governors that joined apc did. Remember apc have tried with nuhu ribadu as the presidential candidate but gave up. Buhari has been trying also frm anpp to cpc but failed. Apc only won wth 2m+ margin.....calculate the number of votes they got from those ex pdp gov states.
Let's be politically wise
Re: Saraki Replies APC Leadership On NASS Crisis, Says "My Hands Are Tied" by Forwetinnah: 11:44am On Jun 26, 2015
lurther:
The machiavelli of our time.

One calculated action for one day. Another calculated action for another day.

How can Tinubu appoint the vice president, senate president, deputy senate president, House of Rep's speaker, HOR deputy speaker and the national presiding officers? In a country of more than 100 ethnic groups, one man would want to appoint all elective posts.

I can authoritatively deduce from the recent happenings in the APC, Buhari is 100percent aware and tacitly supporting this moves. No one man can lord of Nigeria. Saraki is actually doing some people Bidding somewhere, some place. The plan is to decimate Tinubu.

Where is Lai Mohammed? The same man that came out on TV to say that Buhari is not APC leader. Lai Mohammed doesn't speak for APC again? Has he suddenly gone dumb? Not heard from him for a long time now.

Thank you!!
Re: Saraki Replies APC Leadership On NASS Crisis, Says "My Hands Are Tied" by oladele97: 11:59am On Jun 26, 2015
cfame1:

Point of correction. Tinubu did not orchestrate the emergence of apc as the ruling party. If you ask me I will say those pdp governors that joined apc did. Remember apc have tried with nuhu ribadu as the presidential candidate but gave up. Buhari has been trying also frm anpp to cpc but failed. Apc only won wth 2m+ margin.....calculate the number of votes they got from those ex pdp gov states.
Let's be politically wise

I guess you are new in Nigeria politics

1 Like

Re: Saraki Replies APC Leadership On NASS Crisis, Says "My Hands Are Tied" by ocelot2006(m): 12:05pm On Jun 26, 2015
EagleScribes:
When the movie is over, let us know.

I have said it right from time. This is not the issue of PDP or APC. This is about demonic politicians and vampires in agbada sucking gullible people who scream party names.

These are old wines in new bottles. By the time they defect again, many will roll out the drums to celebrate.

Unfortunately all these circus is for their personal agenda while many of us will keep on being keyboard warriors powered with power banks

Smh

Oh this is ALL about APC. Or did you see PDP senators and reps in the recent kung-fu show? And last I checked, it was the APC demanding the imposition of candidates on the legislative arm of govt, not PDP. That is totally undemocratic.
Re: Saraki Replies APC Leadership On NASS Crisis, Says "My Hands Are Tied" by cfame1(m): 12:10pm On Jun 26, 2015
oladele97:

I guess you are new in Nigeria politics
New? Still planning self

1 Like

Re: Saraki Replies APC Leadership On NASS Crisis, Says "My Hands Are Tied" by Chigold101(m): 12:18pm On Jun 26, 2015
alawi5k:
Lawan is unpopular. He should be ashamed of himself. If am in his shoes, I will remain passive till further notice.
who told you he is not thinking of backing out? I believe he is. But cos of the one who‘s ambition he represents...
Tinubu doesnt give up easily...
Re: Saraki Replies APC Leadership On NASS Crisis, Says "My Hands Are Tied" by HOTWATER(m): 12:18pm On Jun 26, 2015
simpleseyi:
I hope Saraki and Dongoyaro are reading how Buhari is currently dealing with the politicized DSS. Buhari is a trained military strategist. He knows how to deal with his enemies at the right time. Saraki still has several cases with EFCC including embezzling Kwara State money, running down Trade Bank, running down Societe Generale Bank, Intercontinental Bank ex-MD also mentioned Saraki. Ali Ndume has a case of terrorism and boko haram sponsorship at Federal High Court. Cases can be re-opened any time. Ask Buruji Kashamu, he has experience in pay-back punishment.

We warned Jonathan, he did not listen; instead he believed his SS and SE brothers only. We warn the spokewoman of the DSS, she did not listen, instead, she turned herself into PDP spokewoman. We warn Buruji Kashamu to stop abusing Obasanjo, he did not listen, instead he said Jonathan is his messiah. We warned Bode George not to toy with Tinubu, he said that he, Bode George is second to God, we all know how many months he spent in Kirikiri minimum security prison. Now, we are warning Saraki. Ask Alex Ekwueme, Jim Nwobodo, Umaru Dikko and others what Buhari did to them in 1984. A word is enough for the wise.

I thought FG has banned the consumption of ogogoro

1 Like

Re: Saraki Replies APC Leadership On NASS Crisis, Says "My Hands Are Tied" by papoose999(m): 12:33pm On Jun 26, 2015
saraki is nt dumb how wud u fix d dude whu was ur top rival 4 d post of d senate pres as a house leader...think...its just lyk buhari shud appoint Jonathan as a minister
Re: Saraki Replies APC Leadership On NASS Crisis, Says "My Hands Are Tied" by Moneyyy: 12:49pm On Jun 26, 2015
Re: Saraki Replies APC Leadership On NASS Crisis, Says "My Hands Are Tied" by Ojiofor: 1:04pm On Jun 26, 2015
simpleseyi:
I hope Saraki and Dongoyaro are reading how Buhari is currently dealing with the politicized DSS. Buhari is a trained military strategist. He knows how to deal with his enemies at the right time. Saraki still has several cases with EFCC including embezzling Kwara State money, running down Trade Bank, running down Societe Generale Bank, Intercontinental Bank ex-MD also mentioned Saraki. Ali Ndume has a case of terrorism and boko haram sponsorship at Federal High Court. Cases can be re-opened any time. Ask Buruji Kashamu, he has experience in pay-back punishment.

We warned Jonathan, he did not listen; instead he believed his SS and SE brothers only. We warn the spokewoman of the DSS, she did not listen, instead, she turned herself into PDP spokewoman. We warn Buruji Kashamu to stop abusing Obasanjo, he did not listen, instead he said Jonathan is his messiah. We warned Bode George not to toy with Tinubu, he said that he, Bode George is second to God, we all know how many months he spent in Kirikiri minimum security prison. Now, we are warning Saraki. Ask Alex Ekwueme, Jim Nwobodo, Umaru Dikko and others what Buhari did to them in 1984. A word is enough for the wise.
Can't you see that your General is a sitting duck?and worst of it there is no Idiagbon by his side this time around.
Re: Saraki Replies APC Leadership On NASS Crisis, Says "My Hands Are Tied" by Dav24(m): 1:19pm On Jun 26, 2015
I am not particularly impressed with the senate president sweeping response, if his hands are truely tied, he should tell us who tie his hands so that we can find a way to untie him. I hope his quest for power has not pushed him into an unholy alliance with the PDP.
Re: Saraki Replies APC Leadership On NASS Crisis, Says "My Hands Are Tied" by EagleScribes: 1:37pm On Jun 26, 2015
ocelot2006:

Oh this is ALL about APC. Or did you see PDP senators and reps in the recent kung-fu show? And last I checked, it was the APC demanding the imposition of candidates on the legislative arm of govt, not PDP. That is totally undemocratic.

And the last time I checked, APC is a team of PDP fellows who saw APC as a platform to acheive their personal ambitions.

My point is this country won't move on as long as it is ruled by this same guys, APC, PDP, or PDP decampees to APC, or APC decampees to PDP. They are all the same.

And that's why the acclaimed change is a charade
Re: Saraki Replies APC Leadership On NASS Crisis, Says "My Hands Are Tied" by tynomex(m): 2:03pm On Jun 26, 2015
[Dav24: I am not particularly impressed with the senate president sweeping response, if his hands are truely tied, he should tell us who tie his hands so that we can find a way to untie him. I hope his quest for power has not pushed him into an unholy alliance with the PDP.
Let me educate you a bit, his hands are being tied by some sections of our constitution and senate extant laws that empower them to choose their leaders through zonal cacuses and in recognition that legislature is an independent arm of government.(That means there should be no party interferance). You can untie his hands with a section of the constitution that stated other wise.
Re: Saraki Replies APC Leadership On NASS Crisis, Says "My Hands Are Tied" by mkpikpub(m): 2:08pm On Jun 26, 2015
hefty4real:
But I thought FG has banned the consumption of locally made ogogoro angry

Where the ogogoro? No try me o
Re: Saraki Replies APC Leadership On NASS Crisis, Says "My Hands Are Tied" by gbrown(m): 2:34pm On Jun 26, 2015
HIGHESTPOPORI:
We are already tired of Apc and their wahala,nothing is working yet in this country
speak for yourself
Re: Saraki Replies APC Leadership On NASS Crisis, Says "My Hands Are Tied" by hefty4real(m): 3:02pm On Jun 26, 2015
mkpikpub:

Where the ogogoro? No try me o
LWKMD! Me self still dey find am
Re: Saraki Replies APC Leadership On NASS Crisis, Says "My Hands Are Tied" by formerlyMbulela: 3:13pm On Jun 26, 2015
It is now president of the Senate, no longer Senate president.
This Saraki is some power mongering fellow.
Re: Saraki Replies APC Leadership On NASS Crisis, Says "My Hands Are Tied" by laudate: 3:35pm On Jun 26, 2015
tynomex:

Let me educate you a bit, his hands are being tied by some sections of our constitution and senate extant laws that empower them to choose their leaders through zonal cacuses and in recognition that legislature is an independent arm of government.(That means there should be no party interferance). You can untie his hands with a section of the constitution that stated other wise.

Abeg, help me tell them!!! cheesy cool

I have been shaking my head trying to find out if the rabid authors of the so-called APC letter written to Saraki, took time out to study our constitution or the house rules.

Where is it written that a party's letter is supreme to the Constitution or the extant house rules?? shocked shocked shocked

Why do some people keep arguing blindly?

Some jesters keep chanting the "party has decided", "Saraki betrayed the party," or "the party's decision is supreme." sad

Who exactly are these members of the party that decided, then sat down to draft a letter to NASS to impose candidates on the house, when most of the house members within the Senate and House of Reps had already formed caucuses and alliances, to elect their own leaders??

Who are these clueless APC letter writers for goodness sake Who?? shocked shocked shocked
Re: Saraki Replies APC Leadership On NASS Crisis, Says "My Hands Are Tied" by gbrown(m): 3:45pm On Jun 26, 2015
papoose999:
saraki is nt dumb how wud u fix d dude whu was ur top rival 4 d post of d senate pres as a house leader...think...its just lyk buhari shud appoint Jonathan as a minister
if i get you right, senator ndume the boko haram spokesperson is better?

1 Like

Re: Saraki Replies APC Leadership On NASS Crisis, Says "My Hands Are Tied" by gbrown(m): 3:53pm On Jun 26, 2015
Dav24:
I am not particularly impressed with the senate president sweeping response, if his hands are truely tied, he should tell us who tie his hands so that we can find a way to untie him. I hope his quest for power has not pushed him into an unholy alliance with the PDP.
lets not delude ourselves, saraki is a pdp senate president, saraki used apc as a platform to get to the senate, saraki,s support base is rooted in pdp senators, i see a lot of friction in the days ahead, it will be to the benefit of pdp if apc fails, saraki must do thier bidding, the lawan group will never forgive saraki, the apc will not forgive saraki, i see a lot of political turbulence.
Re: Saraki Replies APC Leadership On NASS Crisis, Says "My Hands Are Tied" by gbrown(m): 4:00pm On Jun 26, 2015
tynomex:
[Dav24: I am not particularly impressed with the senate president sweeping response, if his hands are truely tied, he should tell us who tie his hands so that we can find a way to untie him. I hope his quest for power has not pushed him into an unholy alliance with the PDP.
pls quote the section of the constitution, cos as far as i know, principal members are chosen from the party, the party reserves the right to zone it, handpick or conduct a mock elections within the party, constitutionally such positions are recognise by law, such positions are filled from a particular party, the senate only ratifies such positions.
Re: Saraki Replies APC Leadership On NASS Crisis, Says "My Hands Are Tied" by laudate: 4:07pm On Jun 26, 2015
gbrown:

pls quote the section of the constitution, cos as far as i know, principal members are chosen from the party, the party reserves the right to zone it, handpick or conduct a mock elections within the party, constitutionally such positions are recognise by law, such positions are filled from a particular party, the senate only ratifies such positions.

While you are asking your question, please you too should show us the section of the constitution that allows the so-called party to write a letter imposing candidates on the house, thereby depriving members of that house the democratic right of choosing their own leaders. undecided
Re: Saraki Replies APC Leadership On NASS Crisis, Says "My Hands Are Tied" by free13: 4:23pm On Jun 26, 2015
Letter writing.... grin
Re: Saraki Replies APC Leadership On NASS Crisis, Says "My Hands Are Tied" by gbrown(m): 4:34pm On Jun 26, 2015
laudate:

While you are asking your question, please you too should show us the section of the constitution that allows the so-called party to write a letter imposing candidates on the house, thereby depriving members of that house the democratic right of choosing their own leaders. undecided
you don't seem to understand me, pls mention the section as stated in your post, the party principal positions are not subject to votes on the floor of the senate, it,s entirely a party affair, the positions are constitutionally recognised, the party is at liberty to employ whatever means to pick principal officers, they are expected to arrive at an agreeable decision, divisions will arise definitely, but it should be settled within the party, it,s wrong for saraki to go ahead to pick principal members all by himself, knowing fully that lawan group will not be happy, all internal wrangling should be settled within the party, no person should act solo as saraki is doing, pls lets not support illegality as saraki is doing now, as it stand now, there are three groups in the senate*saraki group*pdp *lawan group, saraki and pdp group are partners in crime, these division is not healthy for the new govt, all this could have been avoided but for the desperation and greed of saraki.
Re: Saraki Replies APC Leadership On NASS Crisis, Says "My Hands Are Tied" by sunshine1974(m): 6:19pm On Jun 26, 2015
I million likes my broda
lurther:
The machiavelli of our time.

One calculated action for one day. Another calculated action for another day.

How can Tinubu appoint the vice president, senate president, deputy senate president, House of Rep's speaker, HOR deputy speaker and the national presiding officers? In a country of more than 100 ethnic groups, one man would want to appoint all elective posts.

I can authoritatively deduce from the recent happenings in the APC, Buhari is 100percent aware and tacitly supporting this moves. No one man can lord of Nigeria. Saraki is actually doing some people Bidding somewhere, some place. The plan is to decimate Tinubu.

Where is Lai Mohammed? The same man that came out on TV to say that Buhari is not APC leader. Lai Mohammed doesn't speak for APC again? Has he suddenly gone dumb? Not heard from him for a long time now.
Re: Saraki Replies APC Leadership On NASS Crisis, Says "My Hands Are Tied" by laudate: 6:29pm On Jun 26, 2015
gbrown:

you don't seem to understand me, pls mention the section as stated in your post, the party principal positions are not subject to votes on the floor of the senate, it,s entirely a party affair, the positions are constitutionally recognised, the party is at liberty to employ whatever means to pick principal officers, they are expected to arrive at an agreeable decision, divisions will arise definitely, but it should be settled within the party, it,s wrong for saraki to go ahead to pick principal members all by himself, knowing fully that lawan group will not be happy, all internal wrangling should be settled within the party, no person should act solo as saraki is doing, pls lets not support illegality as saraki is doing now, as it stand now, there are three groups in the senate*saraki group*pdp *lawan group, saraki and pdp group are partners in crime, these division is not healthy for the new govt, all this could have been avoided but for the desperation and greed of saraki.

Bros, please go and study parliamentary convention and the house rules.

Nobody here said the principal positions are unconstitutional. What people are talking about is the mode of nomination or selection of members into those positions.

It is not done by some letter writers putting together a letter and tossing it at the Senate president to implement like a donkey. Saraki did not unilaterally pick the principal officers. APC members of the caucuses forwarded those members' names to him. So you can see that those APC caucuses had arrived at an agreeable decision because members of that same party too oh, had already nominated their own party stalwarts for the said positions on the floor of the same house.

So are you saying the APC letter writers are greater in power, than the APC house members?? Are you saying the views and wishes of the APC house members do not matter?
Re: Saraki Replies APC Leadership On NASS Crisis, Says "My Hands Are Tied" by Dav24(m): 6:44pm On Jun 26, 2015
[quote author=gbrown post=35179093]
pls quote the section of the constitution, cos as far as i know, principal members are chosen from the party, the party reserves the right to zone it, handpick or conduct a mock elections within the party, constitutionally such positions are recognise by law, such positions are filled from a particular party, the senate only ratifies such positions. I totally agree with you, the situation has now left saraki at the mercy of PDP, he is now more or less like a bat, no platform to identify himself with.
Re: Saraki Replies APC Leadership On NASS Crisis, Says "My Hands Are Tied" by RazziP(m): 8:02pm On Jun 26, 2015
Am loving this part the drama contin ues..
Re: Saraki Replies APC Leadership On NASS Crisis, Says "My Hands Are Tied" by Omadachi(m): 9:17pm On Jun 26, 2015
The so call senate president just want to make APC a laughing stuff.During the reign of PDP they were united.Is a pity.
Re: Saraki Replies APC Leadership On NASS Crisis, Says "My Hands Are Tied" by nobosaba(m): 10:15pm On Jun 26, 2015
lalasticlala:
https://mobile.twitter.com/rubiconlex/status/614189043866185728

Read letter below:

Nigerians this is wrong... Even if you want to post this you should have hidden the signature

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dasukigate: EFCC Arrests Jafaru Isa, APC Chieftain / Nnamdi Kanu’s Family Demands His Corpse For Burial / Governor Akeredolu Breaks The Oke-alabojuto Myth (See Photos)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.