Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,583 members, 7,914,558 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 08:09 AM

Girls, Would You Cook Meal For Your Boyfriend Occassionally? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Girls, Would You Cook Meal For Your Boyfriend Occassionally? (4408 Views)

When Your Babe Shuns A Decent Mama Put Meal For An Expensive Eatery. / Naija Girls, Would You Date A Younger Guy? / Girls! Would You Collect A Gift From A Man You Dont Want? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Girls, Would You Cook Meal For Your Boyfriend Occassionally? by lacrimose(f): 1:16am On Mar 01, 2009
HeatFusion:

LOL, the role of a naija housewife. lmao.

Anyman ready to assume that I'd lay low and play the housewife part is ready for a dissapointment.

I mean, I'd cook for him, but if situation prevents me from cooking and he gts angry because I couldn't, na wahala o.

Who wants a man who will starve himself and his children just because the wife is out for weeks or so?

I love cooking too, it's actually fun. But wouldn't it be more fun to have your man in the kitchen with you, cooking with you after a stressful day , or even correcting/teaching you how to cook ? Instead of sitting on the couch, waiting and expecting you to bring him food, just because you're expeced to do so. undecided

I don't think he has that expectation.Yes, its more fun to have your man in the kitchen with you, but who has time for that really, that only happens once in a while. For me, its like teaching a non-nigerian how to cook nigerian meals (add two spoons of salt, add curry, make sure u don't over stir the rice or it would look like mashed potatoes  undecided)There is absolutely nothing wrong with teaching/ correcting a man on how to cook. I think it would take time and patience. I don't mind.
Re: Girls, Would You Cook Meal For Your Boyfriend Occassionally? by TOYOSI20(f): 1:21am On Mar 01, 2009
HeatFusion:

TOYOSI I dey vex for una o. . . .Infact na situation dey make me speak to you again. hmmmph
You dey leave my bro to dey cry on my shouldder, why na?
You no know say a man's heart is a very fragile organ? tongue grin grin

Omo, school has been okay. Been filling out application like all day this week. UF dey mess with me angry angry
Family is great wink abi, with me here, it's always great tongue

Don't dozz off me amor, it has indeed being dry. . . .see the topics on this section sef. he be like say some ppl just dey make thread for making thread sake undecided

LOL, and thanks, I need the prayer. Will keep you in mines definitely smiley

Nice to hear that u are well dear,  wink cheesy make UF take time oo, make them nor too vex me angry angry angry. . . . . . .

If their stress is getting too much then yeah its time for u too move on o jare don't let it be them that'll hold u back too!! wink

I don miss ma loff bro too oo, i was like damn i need to talk to him bad for real!!  shocked shockeddon't tell him oo!!  embarassed

As for the threads on this forum lately. .  .all i can say is, . . .May God help us for real!!, . . . . .  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

no section really is safe anymore, imma start taking cover for real!! grin grin grin grin grin

PS[i]. keep me posted on how ur search for the schools go dear!![/i]
Re: Girls, Would You Cook Meal For Your Boyfriend Occassionally? by Hesperus(m): 1:22am On Mar 01, 2009
tope2000:

There are losers, assholes, wish i never met u grin
and there are u r everything i have ever wanted cheesy

Yeah I get you, but in this case, we're talking about current/present boyfriends. I mean, why would any girl continue to date a loser (if you realise he is one, wont you carry your load and waka?)
Re: Girls, Would You Cook Meal For Your Boyfriend Occassionally? by tope2000(f): 1:25am On Mar 01, 2009
Hesperus:

Yeah I get you, but in this case, we're talking about current/present boyfriends. I mean, why would any girl continue to date a loser (if you realise he is one, wont you carry your load and waka?)

Maybe u just realise ur current bf is no good some aspect undecided but not really a loser grin
Why shud i kill myself to make him happy?
Re: Girls, Would You Cook Meal For Your Boyfriend Occassionally? by Nobody: 1:26am On Mar 01, 2009
lacrimose:

I don't think he has that expectation. Yes, its more fun to have your man in the kitchen with you, but who has time for that really, that only happens once in a while. For me, its like teaching a non-nigerian how to cook nigerian meals (add two spoons of salt, add curry, make sure u don't over stir the rice or it would look like mashed potatoes  undecided)There is absolutely nothing wrong with teaching/ correcting a man on how to cook. I think it would take time and patience. I don't mind.
Of course, no one has time for it.

I'm not implying a "cook together" everyday na. I mean, during this time, it's not surprising to see the wife leave the house for work right after her husband just got home.

All am saying is that a man, be it bf or husband, should not make it an expectation for food to be ready on the table when he needs it.

God gave him two working hands and two working feet, no excuse to why he shouldn't step into the kitchen once in a while.

I like that you don't mind cooking for him everytime. Let me ask you this; does he cook for himself? Does he ever try to learn to cook?

You know what the funny thing is, Naija men don't want a woman that can't cook, but at the same time, some of them don't know how to cook.

I don't blame them, but if she's willing to learn to cook, why should that be a problem?

Okay, maybe this is trrailing off the topic, but. . . . .

Anywaz, topic, I can cook for him but not all the time jare tongue tongue

If he expects me to cook for him everytime, I'd get mad. And when am mad. . . .hmmm undecided
Re: Girls, Would You Cook Meal For Your Boyfriend Occassionally? by Nobody: 1:27am On Mar 01, 2009
@lacrimose

I hope you're not getting a bad idea of the point am trying to make.

All am saying is, if a woman cooks for her man everyday while they're courting, then she better keep it up while they're married.
Re: Girls, Would You Cook Meal For Your Boyfriend Occassionally? by Nobody: 1:28am On Mar 01, 2009
@topic

It wouldn't be something new. I cook everyday angry angry angry
Re: Girls, Would You Cook Meal For Your Boyfriend Occassionally? by biina: 1:30am On Mar 01, 2009
Cooking from gf is not required or expected, but is appreciated (wife na different matter). I can handle my biz well enough in the kitchen (and better than the average person based on responses).

On the other hand, if you shun cooking in general, problem go dey (cos I feel its laziness on your part), and while I like good cooking, the effort is what counts the most. I am willing to suffer through your trial and error, as I feel, like most things in life, cooking is an acquired skill and practice makes perfect.
Re: Girls, Would You Cook Meal For Your Boyfriend Occassionally? by Hesperus(m): 1:32am On Mar 01, 2009
tope2000:

Maybe u just realise ur current bf is no good some aspect undecided but not really a loser grin
Why shud i kill myself to make him happy?
lol. OK, one more question. What about the times when everything was rosy and good, before you started seeing faults? No cooking then? Afterall, at that time he was still the ONE.
Re: Girls, Would You Cook Meal For Your Boyfriend Occassionally? by DaPhoenix(f): 1:34am On Mar 01, 2009
Yeah.
Re: Girls, Would You Cook Meal For Your Boyfriend Occassionally? by Nobody: 1:34am On Mar 01, 2009
TOYOSI20:

Nice to hear that u are well dear,  wink cheesy make UF take time oo, make them nor too vex me angry angry angry. . . . . . .

If their stress is getting too much then yeah its time for u too move on o jare don't let it be them that'll hold u back too!! wink

I don miss ma loff bro too oo, i was like damn i need to talk to him bad for real!!  shocked shockeddon't tell him oo!!  embarassed

As for the threads on this forum lately. .  .all i can say is, . . .May God help us for real!!, . . . . .  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

no section really is safe anymore, imma start taking cover for real!! grin grin grin grin grin

PS[i]. keep me posted on how ur search for the schools go dear!![/i]
Aj***, you're not serious o cheesy cheesy Of course dem no even try to dey vex you.
se wan moh pe aburo/egban ni wa cheesy
tongue
shocked shocked shocked shocked Dayo don catch fish for net shocked shocked shocked
He told me o, but I was like, na lie cheesy cheesy

ewoooooooooooooo!!! Thank God sey I dumped his ass b4 he started getting funny with me grin cheesy grin

What schools, I gotz to stick with this ppl o. I did not pay over $_ _, 000 to transfer for an out of state school jare.
They're just messing with my Financial Aid jare.

Well, make I stop here. I know want my life on NL tongue tongue

Where's bro Dayo sef. I dey miss am too. . . .but you better warn him to stop calling me toyinr*** angry angry
Re: Girls, Would You Cook Meal For Your Boyfriend Occassionally? by Sauron1: 1:35am On Mar 01, 2009
stillwater:

@topic

U cook everyday?
Re: Girls, Would You Cook Meal For Your Boyfriend Occassionally? by Nobody: 1:36am On Mar 01, 2009
stillwater:

@topic

see this one here.
who told you that water and salt be cooking shocked grin grin
Re: Girls, Would You Cook Meal For Your Boyfriend Occassionally? by tope2000(f): 1:36am On Mar 01, 2009
Hesperus:

lol. OK, one more question. What about the times when everything was rosy and good, before you started seeing faults? No cooking then? Afterall, at that time he was still the ONE.

Personally i dont have any qualms with cooking for my bf as its one of my hobbies cool
But immediately everything start going pear shaped . . . . . no more cooking cheesy
Re: Girls, Would You Cook Meal For Your Boyfriend Occassionally? by Nobody: 1:38am On Mar 01, 2009
HeatFusion:

see this one here.
who told you that water and salt be cooking shocked grin grin

See this yeye girl. You don't wanna see me in action. grin

~Sauron~:

U cook everyday?

You think I'm like you? angry
Re: Girls, Would You Cook Meal For Your Boyfriend Occassionally? by Sauron1: 1:39am On Mar 01, 2009
stillwater:

You think I'm like you? angry

Miss aggressive cook. . . . . .I was just asking a question.
Don't bite me.
Re: Girls, Would You Cook Meal For Your Boyfriend Occassionally? by Nobody: 1:40am On Mar 01, 2009
@stillwarra
na u talk am jare.
Who am I to disagree wink tongue
Re: Girls, Would You Cook Meal For Your Boyfriend Occassionally? by lacrimose(f): 1:41am On Mar 01, 2009
@ HeatFusion, lol i get what you are saying, If i was with a man that knows how to cook and actually cooks, i probably would be saying too "why cant he get up and cook, doesn't he have two hands"

"does he cook for himself? Does he ever try to learn to cook?" Trust me he has tried to learn how to cook and its a pain to watch. We've been together for a while now and he is a great man so me overlooking his cooking abilities is not a sacrifice to me. I think other people have serious issues than cooking.

"He's willing to learn to cook, why should that be a problem" Patience, i can fix a good dinner in 30mins, why would i want to be in the kitchen for 2hrs explaining how its all done. To some men, cooking is like algebra (lol don't murder me for this) but seriously, add two cups of water, one spoon of oil, it can be frustrating, ill rather do it my self.

HeatFusion:

@lacrimose

I hope you're not getting a bad idea of the point am trying to make.

All am saying is, if a woman cooks for her man everyday while they're courting, then she better keep it up while they're married.

I get your idea, there are so many things people would say dont do this or that while your courting. The truth is some nigerian men take would take you for granted if you do certain things before you are married. I guess its best for a lady to make her intentions clear before hand so he wont be thinking we are playing house or something like that. If you cook out of the goodness of your heart,  so be it. Before we met, i used to cook like that too, and had so much excess to give away to friends
Re: Girls, Would You Cook Meal For Your Boyfriend Occassionally? by Nobody: 1:42am On Mar 01, 2009
~Sauron~:

Miss aggressive cook. . . . . .I was just asking a question.
Don't bite me.

I will bite and cook you.
HeatFusion:

@stillwarra
na u talk am jare.
Who am I to disagree wink tongue

Exactly. cool
Re: Girls, Would You Cook Meal For Your Boyfriend Occassionally? by Nobody: 1:43am On Mar 01, 2009
stillwater:

Exactly. cool

you know what?
I don disagree angry angry
You can't cook tongue grin
Re: Girls, Would You Cook Meal For Your Boyfriend Occassionally? by lacrimose(f): 1:44am On Mar 01, 2009
biina:

Cooking from gf is not required or expected, but is appreciated (wife na different matter).

Thank you very much, this is how i see it.
Re: Girls, Would You Cook Meal For Your Boyfriend Occassionally? by dayokanu(m): 1:45am On Mar 01, 2009
Where's bro Dayo sef. I dey miss am too. . . .but you better warn him to stop calling me toyinr***

I dey here dey look the convo  smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Girls, Would You Cook Meal For Your Boyfriend Occassionally? by Sauron1: 1:46am On Mar 01, 2009
stillwater:

Cannibal. cheesy
Re: Girls, Would You Cook Meal For Your Boyfriend Occassionally? by TOYOSI20(f): 1:46am On Mar 01, 2009
HeatFusion:

Aj***, you're not serious o cheesy cheesy Of course dem no even try to dey vex you.
se wan moh pe aburo/egban ni wa cheesy
tongue
shocked shocked shocked shocked Dayo don catch fish for net shocked shocked shocked
He told me o, but I was like, na lie cheesy cheesy

ewoooooooooooooo!!! Thank God sey I dumped his ass b4 he started getting funny with me grin cheesy grin

What schools, I gotz to stick with this ppl o. I did not pay over $_ _, 000 to transfer for an out of state school jare.
They're just messing with my Financial Aid jare.

Well, make I stop here. I know want my life on NL tongue tongue

Where's bro Dayo sef. I dey miss am too. . . .but you better warn him to stop calling me toyinr*** angry angry

Ahhhhh I go die oo, thats so much money??, shocked pls stay there until something else pans out oo,. . . . .

and be on point wid the financial aid too, o necessary oo!! embarassed

Its true oo, na so some peeps eyez go dey shine like torch oo, lets stop here oo jare. . . . . wink cool

Hen hen, what fish has been caught oo?? Don't u mean periwinkle. cheesy cheesy cheesy . . . .for where sef!!!! shocked shocked grin grin grin

Would u prefer he called u alagolo?? angry angry, if not make u just take am wid a grain of salt. . . . . tongue

Imma try and fish him out real quick. . . .LOL!! wink cheesy
Re: Girls, Would You Cook Meal For Your Boyfriend Occassionally? by TOYOSI20(f): 1:48am On Mar 01, 2009
dayokanu:

I dey here dey look the convo smiley smiley smiley smiley

Hey there. . . .errrmm. . . .ummmmmm. . . .dayummmmm. . .dont even know what to call u sef!! grin grin grin grin grin

Where u been na. . .how body too, we don dey miss u oo!! wink cheesy cheesy
Re: Girls, Would You Cook Meal For Your Boyfriend Occassionally? by Nobody: 1:49am On Mar 01, 2009
~Sauron~:

Cannibal. cheesy

Earthworm. cheesy

HeatFusion:

you know what?
I don disagree angry angry
You can't cook tongue grin

Ask debosky, he would tell you I can cook. grin
Re: Girls, Would You Cook Meal For Your Boyfriend Occassionally? by A40(m): 1:52am On Mar 01, 2009
Lol in the words of Xzibit: Now before i devote the rest of my life can you at least show a brother you can boil some rice

I like to know my girlfriend has other things to offer me besides some ass
Re: Girls, Would You Cook Meal For Your Boyfriend Occassionally? by Nobody: 1:52am On Mar 01, 2009
lacrimose:

@ HeatFusion, lol i get what you are saying, If i was with a man that knows how to cook and actually cooks, i probably would be saying too "why cant he get up and cook, doesn't he have two hands"

"does he cook for himself? Does he ever try to learn to cook?" Trust me he has tried to learn how to cook and its a pain to watch. We've been together for a while now and he is a great man so me overlooking his cooking abilities is not a sacrifice to me. I think other people have serious issues than cooking.

"He's willing to learn to cook, why should that be a problem" Patience, i can fix a good dinner in 30mins, why would i want to be in the kitchen for 2hrs explaining how its all done. To some men, cooking is like algebra (lol don't murder me for this) but seriously, add two cups of water, one spoon of oil, it can be frustrating, ill rather do it my self.
LMAO @ a pain to watch tongue

Yea, you're right, some ppl do have more serious issue than cooking.

But at times, a single "she won't cook as she used to" or "me and my kids are starving because of her "work""  are the simple excuse for a divorce.

If a man is used to his woman being the cook, then she needs to continue it after the wedding.

Cooking takes 30 mins ke? shocked shocked Lol, what do you cook? Takes me about 1hr or more cry cry

Like, all this Nigerian recipes takes time though. . . .an you gotta learn the name tis and that.

lacrimose:

I get your idea, there are so many things people would say dont do this or that while your courting. The truth is some nigerian men take would take you for granted if you do certain things before you are married. I guess its best for a lady to make her intentions clear before hand so he wont be thinking we are playing house or something like that. If you cook out of the goodness of your heart,  so be it. Before we met, i used to cook like that too, and had so much excess to give away to friends
Thanks babe. This is exactly what am trying to say.
I mean, while you're both single and in school, it'd be easy to cook for him everyday. (wait o, you don't cook lunch too, do you?)
But when the kids get in, and the ork becomes demanding etc, who has time to cook all the time?

Sometimes, I feel sorry for naija women abroad because they are expected to do all this. No appreciation sometiimes.
We really try o, we do.

Big ups to my naija women kiss kiss kiss
Re: Girls, Would You Cook Meal For Your Boyfriend Occassionally? by Sauron1: 1:53am On Mar 01, 2009
A-40:

Lol in the words of Xzibit: Now before i devote the rest of my life can you at least show a brother you can boil some rice

I like to know my girlfriend has other things to offer me besides some ass

Priceless!!!!
Re: Girls, Would You Cook Meal For Your Boyfriend Occassionally? by Nobody: 1:54am On Mar 01, 2009
@still warra
wetin debo no go call cooking? grin
my bro don't know how to cook jare. You dey starve him with your healthy "grass" and ranch cheesy grin tongue
Re: Girls, Would You Cook Meal For Your Boyfriend Occassionally? by Sauron1: 1:56am On Mar 01, 2009
stillwater:

Earthworm. cheesy

Oke!!!
Re: Girls, Would You Cook Meal For Your Boyfriend Occassionally? by Hauwa1: 1:57am On Mar 01, 2009
dayokaduri does not go too far. see heat wasnt done calling and him don show up  shocked

at OP
2 mins noodle yeah
real food nah. i will save my CS till after marriage. i don't date anyway cheesy so free of all this yama yama bf gf thingy. na toto dem awon dan maza dey find

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

She Sleeps On Anoda Guy's Bed! / how would you address your mother-inlaw if she is younger than you? / Having Problem With Facial Blemishes That Refuse To Go Away?..enter Here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.