Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,390 members, 7,908,117 topics. Date: Thursday, 01 August 2024 at 07:34 PM

Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] - Satellite TV Technology (101) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] (265550 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) ... (175) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 5:51pm On Jul 26, 2009
@eduzo,
Good words there. Seems to me the search for and eventual conquest of MPEG4 HD decoders
will set the trend for a season 4 opener.

I'm itching to say hello to FTA part 4, hello to MPEG4 HD! grin
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by skylolo112(m): 11:47pm On Jul 26, 2009
ok thanks George_d i will get a 3m dish to see if its working
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 9:11am On Jul 27, 2009
@luckiest,
Nobody is trying to sound harsh, my brother. It is the tone of your advert that is
responsible for the lash back. At a time when we are doing all we can to make people
see the benefits of FTA, here you are suggesting that we help you prospect for PAY TV
customers all for a stipend. It is an insult on our sensibilities.
Think of it, most of us here decided to go FTA not because we CANNOT afford the providers'
fees but because we cherish our right to be FREE. For someone who spends close to N300,000
on satellite equipment alone or someone who spends close to N100,000 to install a lightning
arrestor to protect his equipment, then what is N2,500 that he cannot pay? Does such a
person need to go about scouting for customers who want to install DSTV or DAARSAT to
earn points so he can watch those packages without paying? You judge for yourself.

BTW, you are even fortunate the moderator has not deleted all these adverts of yours.
And do you know you could be banned for spamming this thread? Think about it.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Jesude: 10:17am On Jul 27, 2009
Goodmorning Comrade in House,

I went out on saturday to buy 1.8m dish, i was confronted with STRONG DISH AND STRONGER DISH, which one is the best for me to buy, is it STRONGER OR STRONG DISH, THANKS IN ANTICIPATION OF UR QUICK RESPONSE,
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by spaceman(m): 10:43am On Jul 27, 2009
@all
greetings for all effort and job done.
@ George-D
Well done for the achievements so far. Pls if I may ask, how much did you get your compass/or can one acquire a compass for?. Its just a necessity man! I made a simple inclinometer and ground compass which i use in tracking and I get good results using it. I want to do thins more like a professional and not like the mere INSTALLER who do guess work. Just doing it right you know
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Dejsam(m): 10:51am On Jul 27, 2009
George_D:

@pitodenz,
I think the continuous rain this period is contributing to the poor signal quality of nilesat.
Again, that your 0.2db lnb could only be as good as a 0.3db fuji so why not try one and see?
Concerning the ground mount, you could construct a neck for that your Eurostar dish and use
a jack to move it thereby saving yourself the stress of moving outside every time to change
the position especially in this cold weather.
For abra and coco cards, I don't know when last they did updates for orbit. Seems they're just
concentrating only on SHT & ART these days but maybe Dejsam can give us a better picture.

@ pito,

there hasen't been update for orbit  a very long time now.and i dont think there will be as both showtime and orbit has now merged together

as one company,so they will be using one card ,and very soon the both of them will be bearing same name and will be broadcasting same programme

from two offices.i.e the orbit office and showtime office.presently u can even watch some orbit channels on nilesat with the abracadabra card and coco

card.after the merger process is fully complete,the new company will be broadcasting a total of  70 channels.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by blexxonmak(m): 11:09am On Jul 27, 2009
Jesu de:

Goodmorning Comrade in House,

I went out on saturday to buy 1.8m dish, i was confronted with STRONG DISH AND STRONGER DISH, which one is the best for me to buy, is it STRONGER OR STRONG DISH, THANKS IN ANTICIPATION OF UR QUICK RESPONSE,
@Jesu de.Obviously,the one labelled STRONGER is the fake one.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 11:23am On Jul 27, 2009
@blexxonmak,
Not so fast, bros. If you were following this thread from season 2, you will 
remember that Oga adewest one time advocated the use of STRONGER dish
more than any other 1.8m dish for installations. Check page 33 of FTA part 2
and see what I mean. For clarity, I have reproduced one of his posts here:

adewest link=topic=242036.msg1024#msg1024 date=December 02, 2008, 10:16 PM:

@olofofo, i can see u are ON and OFF on the net.
i used SUPERMAS c-band with dilelectric,STRONG C-BAND for non dilelectric and a DIGISAT OF 0.2db.Dish type is the common strong dishof 1.8m.But the new 1.8m STRONGER DISH is more better than any  OTHER 1.8m dish but note to use the UPPER hole to ur scaller on the focal length for maximum signal achievement.And for the Digisat KU, the cutting on its base  depend on ur own experiences.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 11:26am On Jul 27, 2009
@Jesu de,
As you can see from the above post, the STRONGER dish is your best bet,
so please go for it. adewest achieved excellent results with it last year. Shortly
after I think it disappeared from the market but seems it is back now.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 11:40am On Jul 27, 2009
spaceman:

@ George-D
Well done for the achievements so far. Pls if I may ask, how much did you get your compass/or can one acquire a compass for?. Its just a necessity man! I made a simple inclinometer and ground compass which i use in tracking and I get good results using it. I want to do thins more like a professional and not like the mere INSTALLER who do guess work. Just doing it right you know

@spaceman,
I got my magnetic compass here last year for N3,500. You can go to any of those stores
in the market selling land survey equipment. Pose as a surveyor and ask them about it.
Even if they don't have it in stock, I'm sure they can direct you to where you can get it.

Truly, the compass is a must have for any serious FTA entusiast-especially when you're just
starting out. It removes the guess work from knowing where to point your dish for any bird.
For me, it came in useful when I was surveying my site for the best posible spot to install my
nilesat dish. Also, when I was having difficulty tracking w3a, for several weeks, I just bought
the compass, checked the azimuth of w3a for my city on www.dishpointer.com and pointed
the dish towards the exact direction, raised it up and bam! green jumped out! grin
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by blexxonmak(m): 11:44am On Jul 27, 2009
@ George_D.Thanks for the correction.With all these cases of fake Strong receivers who would blame me.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by bisi12004: 12:40pm On Jul 27, 2009
Pls, i need the info on how I can get the joy tv becos mine is not showing picture, also the latest info on 2m because i find it difficult to track it. Thanks
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 1:16pm On Jul 27, 2009
@blexxonmak,
No wahala. We're all here to learn.

@Dejsam
@BUTONEDAY,
Surprise, surprise! My starsat decoder is back from the dead! grin
Apparently the repairer did a good jod in fixing it but I forgot to tell
him that I turned off the LNB power from the menu. So, I think when
he tested it he couldn't get signal and he concluded that it could not
be repaired. Last night I decided to try it out by looping out signal from
the STRONG reciever as usual and there it was showing!
So, it is now plus one and counting! smiley
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by fijabi(m): 2:05pm On Jul 27, 2009
@all,hello comrade, to those that have 1.8m pan it very easy to get athlantic bird 3/ C band even than nss 7,what u need to do is to first track NSS 7/C,then move your dish a little bit to right side like 1inc then race head up like nilesat,with DWTV tp 3727v it will hit up to 70% to 72% for people that like movie&documentry bye.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by lemurland: 2:46pm On Jul 27, 2009
Hello

I m a newbie here and in the FTA world as well

I just want to know : is it one satellite for one LNBf? Can one strong LBNf receives from more than one satellite? if YES what is its name or label?

The techinicians have just deleted the names of satellites posted by the decoder software so what are left for us are Eutelsat w1 and eutel sat w3,

I would like to get that LNBF, Please any answer to these questions is welcome
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by JMS(m): 3:56pm On Jul 27, 2009
lemurland:

Hello

I just want to know : is it one satellite for one LNBf? Can one strong LBNf receives from more than one satellite? if YES what is its name or label?

The techinicians have just deleted the names of satellites posted by the decoder software so what are left for us are Eutelsat w1 and eutel sat w3,

Dear bro welcome to the africa land forum, concerning your questions, it's simple, just read the previous post in part 3, you will get all answers, if you do not understand then all the gurus of the house will help you, regards!!!

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by skylolo112(m): 7:06pm On Jul 27, 2009
@ george_d\
thanks george
you are really gem
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by toxnaija: 8:11pm On Jul 27, 2009
iwes,
pls send the LAGOS office address.

pito,
they are free to air.I was clear enough with my explanation.All they are after is the sale of their box.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by iwes(m): 9:36pm On Jul 27, 2009
toxnaija:

iwes,
pls send the LAGOS office address.

@ toxnaija

The strong technologies Representative in Nigeria have her office only in Abuja, but below is the contact addresses of authorised  strong product distributors in Lagos

IFESSY COMMUNICATIONS LTD
# B197, ALABA INTERNATIONAL MARKET OJO - LAGOS
TEL: +234 (803) 429-3222
FAX: IFESSYCOMMUNICATION@YAHOO.COM

KENNEDO INVESTMENTS LTD.
B179 ALABA INTERNATIONAL MARKET
TEL: +234 (803) 316-4831
FAX: 

MIKE UDEH INVESTMENT
SHOP B115 ALABA INTERNATIONAL MARKET
TEL: +234 (803) 317-5398
FAX: 

SOBIS COMMUNICATIONS LTD.
SHOP B270 ALABA INTERNATIONAL MARKET
TEL: +234 (803) 345-7018
FAX:
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by iwes(m): 11:17pm On Jul 27, 2009
@All

talking of Mpeg4/HD decoders, there is a new satellite pay TV in town called INFINITY TV (WEBSITE:- http://www.infinitytv.info/ ). They are using mpeg4/HD decoders.

We should inquire about them, to know if their decoders are cheap enough, if they are of good quality, and if they can be used for  the reception of Mpeg4 free to air  transmission .

(www.infinitytv.info/ )
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by lemurland: 9:08am On Jul 28, 2009
JMS:

Hi JMS

Thanks
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by microgiant: 10:02am On Jul 28, 2009
@ifende
I left a message for you on msg
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 11:02am On Jul 28, 2009
lemurland:

Hello

@lemurland,
LNBF means [b]L[/b]ow [b]N[/b]oise [b]B[/b]lock down converter [b]F[/b]eedhorn. It receives the
signals from a satellite transmitting from space converts the signals and sends it to your decoder.
It works independent of whatever satellite is in the sky and as such is not customized for only one
satellite.
So, to your questions: no, it is not just one LNBF for one satellite. yes, one strong LNBF can
receive more than one satellite. The name of the label is KU or C band LNB.

If the technicians have deleted the names of satellites posted by the decoder, you can get them
back by doing an auto scan using your decoder menu. Hope this helps?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by blexxonmak(m): 11:12am On Jul 28, 2009
@all. I advise all our members to exercise patience as regards the MPEG4 receiver.In fact the Strong representative called yesterday.He said the MPEG4 receiver could be purchased from any of the dealers shop at ALABA before the end of August
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by rich8: 4:18pm On Jul 28, 2009
hi bros about the infinitytv.it is 4 only nigeria.becuse am in ghana plss,
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by adewest(m): 5:16pm On Jul 28, 2009
blexxonmak:

@all. I advise all our members to exercise patience as regards the MPEG4 receiver.In fact the Strong representative called yesterday.He said the MPEG4 receiver could be purchased from any of the dealers shop at ALABA before the end of August

@ blexxonmak,
E bi like say u don become pocket advocate for STRONG COMPANY O. tongue
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by pitodenz(m): 7:03pm On Jul 28, 2009
@ George D
Thanks for ur advice on my badr installation. But the distance between the dish and my door is not up to 2metre so that is no hassle for me after all i only watch cnn in the morning time and few hours in the evening.My main concern is the movie channels.The height of the dish is also of my advantage about 3 feet, so anytime after rain i ll just go outside and sweep away the water log on the pan and my signal ll just bounce back.
@ Desjam
Men,with what u just mention about showtime and orbit it ll be a matter of time they ll be using the same encryption program for badr and nile,then i ll be watching the best paytv package in the world. You need to see what orbit has to offer + showtime package.Hope the jujucard ll be able to open it then, cos they re using two encryption software seca and irdeto2 for encryption in badr.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by pitodenz(m): 7:39pm On Jul 28, 2009
@ Badaru/Desjam
From what i can get from satmac it seems humax and yumatu can open orbit network with key pls confirm.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by skylolo112(m): 8:32pm On Jul 28, 2009
@ george_d
i was thinking if i will have your number
thanks i will be waiting for it
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by BUTONEDAY(m): 9:56pm On Jul 28, 2009
George_D,
Congratulation on the revival of your Starsat. That has saved you some thou.

@ Pito,
You do not need to be sweeping water from your dish any time it rains. I know you are afraid that if you drill a hole at the lowest point of the dish, you will loose some signal. That will not happen. Please save yourself the stress and drill a hole of about 15 to 20 mm. I bet you, the signal will not be affected.

(1) (2) (3) ... (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) ... (175)

Strong Receivers Thread / Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems / Free to Air codes

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.