Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,134 members, 7,943,090 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 04:38 AM

Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] - Satellite TV Technology (103) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] (267289 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) ... (175) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 10:05am On Jul 31, 2009
Unseen:

Has anyone noticed that Deeper life church is using a new location with a 60cm dish? Any relevant information concerning that location will be welcomed.

@Unseen,
There is no change of location. They are still on w3a only a change in frequency: 11030 (H) SR 3209
I'm sure your blind scan should be able to birng this out.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by twinstaiye(m): 10:29am On Jul 31, 2009
George_D:

@Dejsam,
You're right about the HD change over. Do you know even NTA wants to
go MPEG 4 now? grin We all better start be preparing our minds for the switch.

You sure say I go still need those S2 stuff so? grin
You amused me George_D, NTA going for mpeg4? You got to be kidding me. It got to be Mpeg4 production only, not for transmission. It means, when you are watching their production from paytv, it will be in mpeg4 and not from their own transmission.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by adewest(m): 10:33am On Jul 31, 2009
@ BLEXX, U can get it in a satellite shop in KADUNA & KANO.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Paps1: 12:01pm On Jul 31, 2009
Hi my etv on my tv went scrambled.can u guys help me out, i tried the 6969 but did not work
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 12:21pm On Jul 31, 2009
Oga twinstaiye,
I taught it was funny too when I read it in the papers but it's coming
courtesy of madam akunyili:

FG to upgrade NTA’s equipment with N8.2b 

Latest news 

Written by AbdulFattah Olajide     
A contract worth N8.2 billion was yesterday approved by the Federal Executive Council (FEC) for the upgrading and renovation of the broadcast equipment of the Nigerian Television Authority (NTA).
Briefing reporters after yesterday’s FEC meeting, the Minister of Information and Communications, Prof. Dora Akunyili said the NTA contract would be funded by 15 per cent from NTA’s internally generated revenue of N1.230 billion, while the contractor would finance the balance of 85 per cent amounting to N6.971 billion (inclusive of payment of 5 per cent interest per annum).  She said the contractor would be paid back over a period of 24 months with three months moratorium.

According to her the contract “includes the upgrading and refurbishment of six Outside Broadcast (OB) Vans from Standard Definition (SD) to High Definition (HD); upgrading and refurbishment of International Broadcast Centre (IBC) from SD to HD; supply of six Fly Way Kits; and upgrading and refurbishment of 9-meter Satellite Hub at the National Network Centre” The completion period for the contract is 12 weeks.

The council also awarded a N2.1 billion contract for the augmentation of the of the Itigidi bridge and Itigidi-Ediba-Ugep road route 44 (f113) in Cross River State, to Messrs Gitto Construzioni General.

“The approval has thereby increased the contract sum for the project from N5, 245,065,676.16billion to a revised sum of N7, 415,571,826.53billion in favour of Messrs Gitto Construzioni General”, she said.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by figment232(m): 12:37pm On Jul 31, 2009
hello house plz i ve a spare 60cm dish, i intend using it for w3a satellite,but most of the engineers i approach dont seem to know the direction.Is there anybody in the house that lives in warri,that would be able to help me fix it to w3a satellite.plz contact me on 08035420177 or enapo49@yahoo.com
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by adewest(m): 12:37pm On Jul 31, 2009
PAPS1-Set ur box on SABC2 & WAIT 4 few mins for auto-update or dwnload updtd softcam compactible 2ur box 4update
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by twinstaiye(m): 12:50pm On Jul 31, 2009
George_D:

Oga twinstaiye,
I taught it was funny too when I read it in the papers but it's coming
courtesy of madam akunyili:
Read that bit too, even though it is contestable as to how SD can be refurbished and upgraded to HD, why not go straight to acquire HD equipment.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 1:13pm On Jul 31, 2009
@Oga twins,
The contract in question itself has generated a lot of dust and there are allegations
of fraud in certain quarters. I've been following it in one of the threads:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-302122.99999.html#bot
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Paps1: 1:41pm On Jul 31, 2009
adewest thanks but am using ku 60cm dish and the channels are sabc int. Ctv, Can u explain further for me please.or may be the link to download the update.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by BUTONEDAY(m): 1:54pm On Jul 31, 2009
@ All
Thanks to everybody for keeping the forum alive.

@George_D,
I am back from the jungle. Will commence installation next week. If available and willing (as indicated above), you are very much welcomed
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by figment232(m): 3:07pm On Jul 31, 2009
@BUTONEDAY (m)
Warri
Plz pally are u there? i intend connecting my 60cm dish to the w3a sattelite.im in warri.hope u can be of help.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Paps1: 3:31pm On Jul 31, 2009
Hello guys the thing dis morning i saw my etv on pas 7/10 scrambled, dont know if is only my own but can someone help me here,am using 60cm dis.may be like to update.am using strong SRT 4663x
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by nolywe(m): 3:55pm On Jul 31, 2009
@all gurus, Plz my e.tv is no longer working, Plz help those that are using 60cm and 90cm dish coz e.tv is lyk showtime to those that have 1.8 and 2.4cm dich,,,thanks!!
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Tudor6(f): 5:17pm On Jul 31, 2009
Paps1:

Hello guys the thing dis morning i saw my etv on pas 7/10 scrambled, dont know if is only my own but can someone help me here,am using 60cm dis.may be like to update.am using[b] strong SRT 4663x[/b]
Where did you get this decoder?
How much is it sold in nigeria?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Paps1: 5:24pm On Jul 31, 2009
i bought in Ghana.pls do u have a solution to my problem and is this only me cos i have asked some guys down here
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Tudor6(f): 5:41pm On Jul 31, 2009
It's not you alone. . .it has to do with the satellite signal . Hopefully it'll pass
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 9:28pm On Jul 31, 2009
@BUTONEDAY,
You're welcome back from the jungle. I will surely be on ground next week when you're
doing your job. You will now see the difference btw this our guy's mould and all the rest.
Also, little attention to details like tripod fixing angle and straightness will go a long way
in giving you the nile of your dreams smiley

Have those guys dismantled that stuff yet? cause I'm picking it up when I arrive.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Emeritus153: 10:08pm On Jul 31, 2009
Am finding it difficult to belief that my etv is not workin. Anybody with solution
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olason(m): 11:18pm On Jul 31, 2009
All, live juv vs R.Madrid on virus 4. juv 2 R.madrid 1 ten mins more.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olason(m): 11:18pm On Jul 31, 2009
All, live juv vs R.Madrid on virus 4. juv 2 R.madrid 1 ten mins more.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by adewest(m): 11:31pm On Jul 31, 2009
@153, e! They shall be back as usual without extra effort.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 11:53pm On Jul 31, 2009
@ all,
assumption; if etv doesnt come back again, what other direction is the next option.
@ olason,
u just fanshin yur guy for jungle abi? whats happening on the sirus and w3a bird. whats the latest on the MPEG-4 decoder, seems like am in dire need of one, even if it means suspending my nilesat installation project.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 11:56pm On Jul 31, 2009
@ pit,
thanks for your call jare, u be real buddie

some no see me no even ask of me, na so life be?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by eduzo(m): 10:51am On Aug 01, 2009
George D
May i pick your brains for one moment. I have a 5m dish that i would like to make mobile, you know, as opposed to stationary. Any ideas as to where to source the equipments for this? Your average superjack or echostar won't shake it never mind moving it.
This dish is the first generation Astra/MFP dish with a heavy steel ring configuration. Why do i want to make it mobile? Well, there a few birds I'd like to have ago at.Cheers.
eduzo
all
let's watch the etv boys for now and see where they want to go with this new 'order'.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by eduzo(m): 11:06am On Aug 01, 2009
emexi
Any luck with that stuff? I still can't get the bird to fly for me. I must be doing something wrong. I think. The euronews and nbn on w3a are in Spanish. The 09 satl on sirius 4 is a promo channel.
eduzo
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by BUTONEDAY(m): 11:13am On Aug 01, 2009
figment232:

@BUTONEDAY (m)
Warri
Plz pally are u there? i intend connecting my 60cm dish to the w3a sattelite.im in warri.hope u can be of help.

@Figment232,
I can assist you. But I think you need to get a 90cm or 1m dish.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by dorg3: 12:10pm On Aug 01, 2009
@all is etv now on nagra3?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by figment232(m): 12:14pm On Aug 01, 2009
ok i can get that. so hw do i get see u.my office is by New layout junction.just ask of KLASSIC CYBERCAFE its just near the juction after Osbola filling station.my gsm is 08035420177 wots ur gsm
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by figment232(m): 12:23pm On Aug 01, 2009
@BUTONEDAY
warri

ok i can get that. so hw do i get see u.my office is by New layout junction.just ask of KLASSIC CYBERCAFE its just near the juction after Osbola filling station.my gsm is 08035420177. wots ur gsm?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by spacevice(m): 12:27pm On Aug 01, 2009
@ all
What will happen if i restore factory default on the GBS cochip box?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by figment232(m): 12:53pm On Aug 01, 2009
@all

plz wots wrong with etv. 6969 is not working anymore wots the solution house!

(1) (2) (3) ... (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) ... (175)

Strong Receivers Thread / Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems / Free to Air codes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.