Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,131 members, 7,943,077 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 03:20 AM

Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] - Satellite TV Technology (108) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] (267287 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) ... (175) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olason(m): 10:24pm On Aug 04, 2009
Tox, Oga mi u are always welcome anyday any time.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by nolywe(m): 10:40pm On Aug 04, 2009
@all, Thanks for ur reply and reference, but i think u should also consider the fact that mtn,zain and glo are fustrating us from browsing freely, It will take alot of credit to read through the previous post, thanks for understanding
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 11:07pm On Aug 04, 2009
@Dejsam,
It's just as well. We won't miss them any-not with multi-tv and other good
stations up for grabs. They should please restrict themselves to south-africa
where they rightly belong. We are even tired of hearing "be free, be E!" all
the time. Their own too much self! grin
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by obnelly: 11:24pm On Aug 04, 2009
for now with 1.8m and above ola should be able to nail the following birds from lyngsat they are spread over our air space:
eutelsat 10e
arabsat 2b 30.5e
intelsat7and 10 68.5
astra 2b 28.2e
badr6(note :not 4) 26e
eurobird2 25.5e
eutelsat w6 21.6e
eutelsat w2 16e
eutelsat 7e
and from the west

intelsat 10-02 1w
antlantic 5w
nilesat 7w
intelsat901 18w
nss7 22w
nss10 37.5w
telstar 11N 37.6w
intelsat 3R 43w
intelsat 1R 45w
intelsat 705 50w
intelsat 707 53w

and many more ,keep tracking and keep shooting those birds.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by fadinus(m): 12:40am On Aug 05, 2009
just finishd retracking my dish to intelsat 68.5e, afta about 2months of inactivity only to find out dat my fav Etv is gone. It realy pains me dat i neva had a chance to watch it 4 d very last tym. Dat means no more WWF, RYTHM CITY, kai. Na wetin i go dey watch now, ha, e dey pain me. Wish there was sumtin i culd do to make em stay, but i guess,
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Okaakoko(m): 4:11am On Aug 05, 2009
@ALL
PLEASE CAN I USE MY 4653x STRONG DECODER FOR THE MULTITV? SOMEBODY HELP ME, I WANT TO TRACK MULTITV TOO.
THANKS @ALL
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by BUTONEDAY(m): 8:14am On Aug 05, 2009
nolywe:

@all, Thanks for ur reply and reference, but i think u should also consider the fact that mtn,zain and glo are fustrating us from browsing freely, It will take alot of credit to read through the previous post, thanks for understanding

@ Nolywe,
You can spend less to go through all the pages in the previous and present threads. Just go to the last page of any PART. eg part 1 and click the print icon located at the top or buttom right corner. This will enable you to save all the information in that session for offline reading.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by blexxonmak(m): 10:09am On Aug 05, 2009
@all.Rescan your decoder.DOVE VISION ( Redeemed Christian Church TV ) on PAS7/10 KU
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by nolywe(m): 11:44am On Aug 05, 2009
@Butoneday grin Thank u very much sir,,,i understand u vividly,
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 12:48pm On Aug 05, 2009
@ blexx,
what do we need dove vision for, i tagged it personnally as useless, its just because of their upcoming Open heavens annual revival, remember ohtv came up sometime this period last year, and all they could do was to show us the reveival, i dont really need it.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 1:49pm On Aug 05, 2009
@BUTONEDAY,
No word from you. Looks like we're not going ahead with our plans. No?

@enitan,
Some of us need dove pls. There are pastors or would-be deacons among
us o! grin

@blexxonmak,
Thanks for the info.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 3:21pm On Aug 05, 2009
@ george,
if its not adult channel, sports, enterntainment, count me out.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 3:27pm On Aug 05, 2009
where is the guy that said he'll going to ALABA market last minday to find out the price of the strong 4910 decoder? everyone is counting on you ooooo
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 3:35pm On Aug 05, 2009
@ tox,butoneday,badaru,obnelly,micro,ifende,ola, to name a few
how una all dey?

am back fully now.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by babaegun(m): 4:32pm On Aug 05, 2009
@blexxo,

Dove Vision? Unbelievable! Pre! Pre!! Pre!!! Pray-za-Lord!!!!  Please post the TP so that members can quickly get it instead of rescanning.
I hope Dove Vision will not go the way of OHTV sha as they really mess up the last time. this is the beauty of FTA. If i cant attend the program at the camp, at least i can watch everything from my room. I am very happy.

@Enitan
Welcome Back. You will always be in my mind. I actually tot you were very busy at school that is why you took a french leave.  We are all one.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Emeritus153: 4:55pm On Aug 05, 2009
@all, i rescan my decoder instead of dove tv i saw one oh tv
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 5:43pm On Aug 05, 2009
@ babaegun,
thanks for asking after me, have been busy with a lot of activities in the jungle ranging from academics, satelites hunting, fishing also inclusive, but now am back to put in my own quota to the forum.

season 4 will be opened up by quest for multitv and MPEG-4/HD decoders
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by iykemann: 7:09pm On Aug 05, 2009
All,can I use daarsat decoder for multy tv?Ola whats the problem with your mtn?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by adewest(m): 7:32pm On Aug 05, 2009
@ALL, MULTIL-TV TXN IS ACTUALLY NOT HD BUT ORDINARILY MPEG4. ANY HD FREQ DOWNLINK CAN'T BE ACCESSIBLE BY ANY S1-DVB.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by toxnaija: 7:39pm On Aug 05, 2009
Enitan,
I miss you no be small.Abeg holla me tonight.I get gist for you.how about ur fishes?

Enigma,
how is ur family?Is it advisable to get the Strong HD receiver in Nigeria or European models in the UK?I will get in touch soon.

Adewest,
are you advising that one should go for a receiver that is both HD and Mpeg4 compliant?Is the Strong 4900/4910 like that?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by niddle9(m): 7:53pm On Aug 05, 2009
@All
Tl novela, tele hit, de pelicula, and all other spanish/ latino speakng channel on W3a. just migrated to Via Access enqription. my able George d. Please comfirm'
@ Oga badaru,olason,ifende
i dey hail o.
Oga ola, thanks for d info sir and i'm sorry to disturb you while you in the office.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by adewest(m): 8:52pm On Aug 05, 2009
@ IYKEMANN, DAAR BOX IS CAPABLE OF WORKING MULTIL-TV & ALL HD DWN-LNKS BUT DON'T FORGET 2TURN OFF D AUTO UPGRADE.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olason(m): 9:18pm On Aug 05, 2009
All, Stations on Astra 2b. Crtv, Lm tv, Joy tv, Cine Afrik, Hitz tv, 4 kids, The jesus channel, Joy news Adom tv, Joy sport,Nhyira tv, and Ghana tv. with mpeg 4 decoder u are good to go. enjoy while it last?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olason(m): 9:27pm On Aug 05, 2009
Iykemann, I lost my precious phone last wk my bro. hopeful by sat d number wil b back and alive again. u can reach me on this no. 08029317522.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by BUTONEDAY(m): 9:33pm On Aug 05, 2009
@George_D,
I am expecting a tested 4m pan dish from the north. The dish will arrive on Friday this week and I would like to try it first before thinking of testing the 3m fibre. According to the guy who tested the dish, showsport/showmovies/CNN are hitting 80% on 4652. MBC is 84%. If the dish can give me showsport at 42% here in the south on 4652, then it is still OK.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olason(m): 9:42pm On Aug 05, 2009
Niddle, my man u are welcome anytime. Enitan welcome back pal.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by eduzo(m): 10:08pm On Aug 05, 2009
George D, Dejsam. pitodenz. emexi, anybody
Is any one you familiar with a ku lnb called santech?It is made in china. I would like your assessment of the said gizmo if you are familiar with it.
cheers guys.
eduzo
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 10:15pm On Aug 05, 2009
niddle_9:

@All
Tl novela, tele hit, de pelicula, and all other spanish/ latino speakng channel on W3a. just migrated to Via Access enqription. my able George d. Please comfirm'

@niddle_9,
I just checked that bird now and seem you're right. Those stations are all on viacess now.
But that shouldn't be any trouble worth sleeping over. You don't speak spanish nor latin
in the first place do you? grin
Just ignore them and move over to muti-tv! smiley
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 10:23pm On Aug 05, 2009
@eduzo,
Santech lnb is one of the very best lnbs for fringe reception in the market these days.
BUTONEDAY has a couple of them but I don't think his was made in china. I think another
good member that can say something about it is olofofo. But they're good though I don't
know about those made in china ones you're referring to.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 10:54pm On Aug 05, 2009
@BUTONEDAY,
When I didn't hear from you again, I knew plans had changed. In any case, I decided to
utilize the opportunity to revive my COMSTAR DISH instead of staying idle.

Men! That magic thunder really show me o! All my three lnbs gone! My diseqc switch gone
too! I had to change out all of them and track the dish afresh. The intermittent rains didn't
help matters too but at least today's weather was not that bad. All in all, I eventually hit
green on all 3-in-1 set up and now I'm back to business smiley

Anyhow sha, when you're ready on Friday let me know so I can be on hand to try out the
4m pan.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 11:16pm On Aug 05, 2009
@ tox,
i tried calling you some days back but no response.

Is there no one with authentic info on the strong 4910 MPEG-4 decoder?
olofofo, your help regarding that will be highly appreciated.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olason(m): 12:06am On Aug 06, 2009
All, OH tv now on pas7/10. 12562h26654. Good musical xtain channel.

(1) (2) (3) ... (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) ... (175)

Strong Receivers Thread / Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems / Free to Air codes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.