Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,288 members, 7,950,495 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 03:24 PM

Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] - Satellite TV Technology (68) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] (267678 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (175) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 4:34pm On Jun 13, 2009
@BUTONEDAY,
When Zain is up, I'll hala you. There's something urgent
we need to discuss.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by osef(m): 7:10pm On Jun 13, 2009
@adewest
welcome back hope you had a nice stay, thanks to God who brought you back safely , regards to your parent
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by xwallace(m): 7:34pm On Jun 13, 2009
Pls,could someone confirm for me whether mytv_africa patch is working.Ur help is necessary. One luv [color=#000099][/color]
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olofofo(m): 9:13pm On Jun 13, 2009
@audujagus

where are you located? if in the north, you might have to find someone in kano to get it for you. if here in lagos or south email me. olofofo@gmail.com.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by sathob(m): 10:27pm On Jun 13, 2009
@Adewest
it's good a news to hear u r back. I welcome you back to the scenes. welcome!

@Captain
man, I no dey hear from u. what about the lebanesse guy?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by viscky44: 12:31am On Jun 14, 2009
Boss am new to this Free to air satellite thing.I will glad if you will tell me which name of satellite and position i have to place my dish to get jsc sport,art sport,showcinema and sports.I live in Accra,Ghana.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by salamander(m): 9:28am On Jun 14, 2009
@all

Pls rescan W3 @ 7deg E. Three new stations available.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by ojofree: 10:51am On Jun 14, 2009
@all
is anybody using 1.8m dishes in lagos for nilesat, i have space for a dish that size and would like to know if i can get nilesat signals with it.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by captainus: 12:34pm On Jun 14, 2009
@sathob i dey ooo.the lebanese man when i visited it was the mesh he had.i wanted the 2.4m pan. @salamander thanks for the update on w3.i got 4 channels including gabon tv (11104 H 3594)
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 1:22pm On Jun 14, 2009
@ojofree,
Forget about using 1.8m for nilesat in Lagos. Even though one of us has tried it before
and got some good results, it is still not advisable to use 1.8m in this part of the
country for nilesat. The minimum size dish for nilesat in lagos is 2.4m.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by salamander(m): 2:19pm On Jun 14, 2009
@ecowas4all

Long time no hear. If you've gone to space, kindly shift Hotbird closer to us.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by pitodenz(m): 3:08pm On Jun 14, 2009
@ all i installed 2.4m eurostar dish for nile in my abode at ph. I first of all start with a pauxis ku lnb which gave me a very poor signal i ve to switch to digisat lnb but my digisat lnb was dead(victim of thunder)leaving me with no better option than shop 0.2db lnb,since i didnt remember to come home with fuji lnb i was frastrutated with the shop lnb result. Then it occured to me to cut off the plastic bottom that was when i started getting some signal. Right now am watching fox movie and serier 53% mbc signal is 34% in old strong and couldnt come up at all in 63x,mtv arabia,bbc re no where to be found. I didnt stress myself so much since i knew i did ve the right lnb i just align the dish for like 15min and i ve up to 72 channels. Moreover the dish is a ground mount and i couldnt get a very clear view in the east in my compound. I ll continue when i get chance again. I ll also see what i can get with nile. I would ve post the pic but i ve no internet connection now.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Dejsam(m): 6:12pm On Jun 14, 2009
@microgiant,

hope u got everything intact.just let me know if u are ok with the motorise construction set up.

enjoy ur self.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Dejsam(m): 6:18pm On Jun 14, 2009
pitodenz:

@ all i installed 2.4m eurostar dish for nile in my abode at ph. I first of all start with a pauxis ku lnb which gave me a very poor signal i ve to switch to digisat lnb but my digisat lnb was dead(victim of thunder)leaving me with no better option than shop 0.2db lnb,since i didnt remember to come home with fuji lnb i was frastrutated with the shop lnb result. Then it occured to me to cut off the plastic bottom that was when i started getting some signal. Right now am watching fox movie and serier 53% mbc signal is 34% in old strong and couldnt come up at all in 63x,mtv arabia,bbc re no where to be found. I didnt stress myself so much since i knew i did ve the right lnb i just align the dish for like 15min and i ve up to 72 channels. Moreover the dish is a ground mount and i couldnt get a very clear view in the east in my compound. I ll continue when i get chance again. I ll also see what i can get with nile. I would ve post the pic but i ve no internet connection now.

@ pito,
how far my paddy.abeg maku u try change that lnb when u put.at least this will enhace the signal strenght.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 8:20pm On Jun 14, 2009
@pitodenz,
Why are you suffering yourself with 2.4m for nilesat and in PH for that matter?
And you're not even using fuji? Na wa for you o! I'm sure you should know better
than that. Even if you use a 0.1db lnb, you may not be able to recieve most
channels on H transponder. Abi you wan invent the wheel? grin

EDITED: Are you sure it's fox movies you got? Because if you got fox movies,
then you should be able to get BBC world also. They're on the same tp (11766H).
Fox series on the other hand is on vertical tp (12130V) which is more likely for your
2.4m dish in PH under the circumstance.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 8:21pm On Jun 14, 2009
@BUTONEDAY,
You no dey pick your calls again o! Wetin dey happen?
How far about the installation? Any luck?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by arta00: 8:49pm On Jun 14, 2009
hi.may you lay the latest software of the microbox?so thanks
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olofofo(m): 9:06pm On Jun 14, 2009
@all

there's a new fuji 0.2db HD LNB in the market, i give it a spin on a dstv installation today and i was impressed with the results. need i say that you can use it to track daarsat as well.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Gangsta101(m): 9:51pm On Jun 14, 2009
Haba George,
for someone whose personal message reads 'break the myth, , You know u can', you are too quick to put down someone's effort. So maybe he's got a 2.4m dish lying around doing nothing, it is worth giving it a try. Moreover, this thread still serves as a reference source for dish installation, so it is worth it having a detailed report of fish installations of various sized dishes for a particular region, if only to make reference to it at a latter time.
Please note: no personal insult intended.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by adewest(m): 10:39pm On Jun 14, 2009
Wellcome sweet home,Niger is too furious but what can man do,this na we land. Thanks to well wishers.

@ Gangsta,
Gangsta101:

Haba George,
for someone whose personal message reads 'break the myth, , You know u can', you are too quick to put down someone's effort. So maybe he's got a 2.4m dish lying around doing nothing, it is worth giving it a try. Moreover, this thread still serves as a reference source for dish installation, so it is worth it having a detailed report of fish installations of various sized dishes for a particular region, if only to make reference to it at a latter time.
Please note: no personal insult intended.
Gangsta, don't mind Georgee he thinks everybody can afford thesame sokoto.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by pitodenz(m): 8:49am On Jun 15, 2009
@ George D sorry bros it was not nile but badr,i should ve go for nile but the dish is ground mount so my west is completely blocked off or else i used pole. Another thing should know is that the difference between 3m and 2.4m is not much,as for the lnb,we shouldnt depend on fuji alone. @ olofofo do u think that the new fuji can be good in tracking out of beam satellites like nile?àbt
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by arsenal1(m): 10:09am On Jun 15, 2009
@Olofofo are you saying that the 0.2HD lnd can be use to track daarsat with strong decoder
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by BUTONEDAY(m): 11:12am On Jun 15, 2009
George_D:

@BUTONEDAY,
You no dey pick your calls again o! Wetin dey happen?
How far about the installation? Any luck?

@George_D
I was in a meeting when you called. The rain didn't allow further tracking the other day. However, I will try again today or tomorrow.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by blexxonmak(m): 11:23am On Jun 15, 2009
@all.Hi Guys! You are doing a wonderful job.Pls keep it up.O ne luv
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by spaceman(m): 12:42pm On Jun 15, 2009
lovala:

Quote: from George D
@ George D : The geographical coordinates of my location, Yaounde are 3° 52' 0" North, 11° 31' 0" East. Thankx a trillion for the paint type and LNB/f I should use, George D. with this coordinates for Yaounde, will it still be a big hurdle for me to capture Nile Sat or Dubai ONE using the prime focus 2m dish?

Nuff respect,
Lovala.
@ Lovala.
Welcome to this forum where things de happen.
U can use this link to check your dish AZIMUTH and ELEVATION for the various satellite u want to track. Its just and idea I think :http://www.hansa-electronic.com/satcalceng.asp
Enjoy,
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Dejsam(m): 1:03pm On Jun 15, 2009
@ all,the coco update has been despatched to all g-group members.enjoy why it last.

@ george d,

those positioner will be leaving for warri tomorrow morning.i will despatch them this evening.

@ butoneday,

i have sent that thing back to u.u should confirm to me sha.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 2:40pm On Jun 15, 2009
@pitodenz,
Thanks for the clarification. Was a little confused myself.
What's up with MTN? Na wa for those guys o!

@Gangsta101,
I wasn't trying to put down pito's effort. Just reminding him
what he already knows. And I'm happy he understands too.

@adewest,
Everybody cannot afford the same 'sokoto' but sometimes
we should look carefully at the 'sokoto' we are wearing
make hole no go full inside grin
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 2:43pm On Jun 15, 2009
BUTONEDAY:

@George_D
I was in a meeting when you called. The rain didn't allow further tracking the other day. However, I will try again today or tomorrow.

Bros,
We need to do special fasting and prayer for that your area o! All witchcraft holding
nilesat signal in that place must bow! grin
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 2:45pm On Jun 15, 2009
@Dejsam,
Roger that. Pls package as before. No shaking!

Thanks for the coco updates too. You're well appreciated!
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by audujagus(m): 7:32pm On Jun 15, 2009
Dejsam:

@ all,the coco update has been despatched to all g-group members.enjoy why it last.

Good day all,Dejsam i need the package of the great coco smart card,but i am from niger state,how much does it cost,and d delivery method.thnks.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olofofo(m): 7:56pm On Jun 15, 2009
arsenal1:

@Olofofo are you saying that the 0.2HD lnd can be use to track daarsat with strong decoder

i will be giving it a shot soon.

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (175)

Strong Receivers Thread / Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems / Free to Air codes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.