Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,226 members, 7,919,930 topics. Date: Tuesday, 13 August 2024 at 04:21 PM

Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] - Satellite TV Technology (65) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] (266098 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (175) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 8:23am On Jun 07, 2009
@ all,
keep up the good work, really enjoying you guys.
having about 3 more weeks left in the jungle, and i aint going back there ever again.

FTA lives forever.

glory to the deities of FTA
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by microgiant: 8:42am On Jun 07, 2009
emeystan:

Thanks microgiant. Are u sure it is goin to work in lagos (ajegunle), cos from ur profile u are based in yenogua

It has been proven that 2.4M works fine for lagos and price is between 25k-30k to set it up (Dish, LNB, etc) you can equally get somebody close to you for installation and tracking, in Yenagoa-Bayelsa State, Warri-Delta State & Port Harcourt-Rivers State you can only receive nilesate with3M and above dish size. Click on the link below, the one highlighted in yellow are free channels, others are coded which u can use a patch on your strong decoder to open some of them, note that the patch doesn't last forever, may be one week or two so you need to be updating as necessary
http://www.lyngsat.com/nile.html
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by salamander(m): 9:03am On Jun 07, 2009
@All

How do you know a satellite need a di-electric or not?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Enigma(m): 12:09pm On Jun 07, 2009
salamander:

@All

How do you know a satellite need a di-electric or not?

You use a dielectric when the satellite/transponder you are chasing use circular polarity e.g. instead of 11823 H you have 11823 R (i.e. Right); or instead of 11823 V you have 11823 L (i.e. Left). Sometimes, if the signal is strong, you might not need the dielectric.

Our regular 11823 H/V use linear polarity.

(PS I hope I've got all that the right way round)
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olofofo(m): 12:24pm On Jun 07, 2009
@ll

does anyone have bodejohn's number please send to my email add.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 1:18pm On Jun 07, 2009
@Enigma,
That was a good attempt but you got the circular polarity conversion the other way round.
R polarity is Vertical (V) while L polarity is Horizontal (H).
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by salamander(m): 1:21pm On Jun 07, 2009
@Enigma, George_D

Thanks for the explanation

M
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by salamander(m): 1:27pm On Jun 07, 2009
@Enigma, George_D, all

I just checked lyngsat and Flysat. Though I know Intelsat 7/10 C and Paksat require di-electric, the polarisation there are either H or V. Where does the theory of R and L comes in?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 7:32pm On Jun 07, 2009
@salamander,
You just got things mixed up yet again. Intesat 7/10 and Paksat are linear polarized satellites.
They do not require a di-electric and that is why all the tps are either V or H not R or L
which should have been the case were it a circular polarized satellite that needs a di-electric
to work.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by FMarshal2(m): 2:08am On Jun 08, 2009
Enigma:

You use a dielectric when the satellite/transponder you are chasing use circular polarity e.g. instead of 11823 H you have 11823 R (i.e. Right); or instead of 11823 V you have 11823 L (i.e. Left). Sometimes, if the signal is strong, you might not need the dielectric.

Our regular 11823 H/V use linear polarity.

(PS I hope I've got all that the right way round)
salamander:

@Enigma, George_D, all

I just checked lyngsat and Flysat. Though I know Intelsat 7/10 C and Paksat require di-electric, the polarisation there are either H or V. Where does the theory of R and L comes in?
@All,

Dielectric polarisation only applies to  C-band fequencies when (R) Right =(V) or Vertical and (L)=left or Horizontal.  For example 4075(R) on C-band will translate to 4075 (V) vertical using a dielectric plate. I hope this makes things clear.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by salamander(m): 7:31am On Jun 08, 2009
Thanks for the reply once again.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Olubachar(m): 8:29am On Jun 08, 2009
@olofofo

Thank you.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by captainus: 12:09pm On Jun 08, 2009
@ ALL

On arabsat 30.5E there are three channels(RTD,Tayba tv and SSTV) which are supposed to be received with at least 2.85m dish based on my location,southern Ghana . Check http://www.lyngsat-maps.com/maps/arab2b_medium.html .

However I receive them with my 1.8m dish with relatively high signal quality(60+%).Just want to point out that not all information are strictly correct on lyngsat. Keep exploring
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by spaceman(m): 12:16pm On Jun 08, 2009
Hi house,
how do I know if an lnb is faulty?
Just having some difficulty tracking Nilesat on 1.8m, after relocating my dish.
it still shows the signal level upto 87% but quality 22%.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by emexi: 12:28pm On Jun 08, 2009
@spaceman.but first try to see if you can track other tps . like nss7ku or other tps alike . are you sure you are on the correct nilesat path which is 7 west ; use 11938 v symbol rate 27500 '
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by spaceman(m): 12:41pm On Jun 08, 2009
@emexi.
I will revisit it after close of work.
thank u
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olofofo(m): 1:01pm On Jun 08, 2009
spaceman:

Hi house,
how do I know if an lnb is faulty?
Just having some difficulty tracking Nilesat on 1.8m, after relocating my dish.
it still shows the signal level upto 87% but quality 22%.

check for loose connection to the LNB.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by obnelly: 6:32pm On Jun 08, 2009
enigma, thanks for the lecture on circular polarity.L and R on c-band
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by obnelly: 7:28pm On Jun 08, 2009
all, aljazeera sports channel signal was bad in d wkend.signal off and on but thank God its a little bit better today .Enjoy all there new added channels .

jsc +5,+6,+7 and +8.

12283 V
DVB-S/MPEG-2 27500 3/4 Aljazeera Package -w- 102 on
Al Jazeera Sport Channel
+5+6+7+8
----
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Ngwakwe: 8:09pm On Jun 08, 2009
All

I need the new Deeper Life feed frequency
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 11:01pm On Jun 08, 2009
@spaceman,
If you're getting signal level up to 87%, then the LNB is good.
For an LNB that is bad, when you connect it to your reciever,
both signal level and quality meter will be erratic. You can never
get a steady signal level with a bad LNB.

Check your dish alignment as I think that is your main problem,
not the LNB. By the way, what type are you using?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by xwallace(m): 11:34pm On Jun 08, 2009
Pls men ur help is very important to me,i uploaded mytv_africa patches  which was collected 4rm g_group,after keyin' 6969 *2,what appears on screen is'patch on 'I mean that d patch is not workiñ.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 11:41pm On Jun 08, 2009
@microgiant,
The 3 in 1 lnb pictures were actually posted in season 2, page 87.
It took me a while but finally, here it is as promised. Just click on
the link to get to the page.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-182209.2752.html

Hope this helps?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by BUTONEDAY(m): 7:47am On Jun 09, 2009
@All,
Get free access to over 1400 free satellite channels via internet on your computer by following the link below. Those with good internet connections will surely enjoy themselves.

http://tvweb360.com

Channel categories include News, Business, Entertainment, Music, Movies, Sports, Lifestyle, Educational, Shopping, Cartoons, Weather, Government, Religion and General TV.

Please note that "freedom" may not work.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by ifende(m): 8:05am On Jun 09, 2009
@butoneday
Thanks oh. freedom wanna work die,
i'm watching bbc news right now with freedom
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Olubachar(m): 8:29am On Jun 09, 2009
xwallace:

Pls men ur help is very important to me,i uploaded mytv_africa patches  which was collected 4rm g_group,after keyin' 6969 *2,what appears on screen is'patch on 'I mean that d patch is not workiñ.

@ Xwallace,

ds happened to me.

@ guru in da house,

Any hope?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olofofo(m): 8:37am On Jun 09, 2009
@all

I believe that the MY** patch is down right now. anyone whose own is working should let us know.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Dejsam(m): 9:05am On Jun 09, 2009
@ all,

art  back  on coco this morning.the file has been despatched to all g group members.

george d check ur box .
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by microgiant: 9:15am On Jun 09, 2009
Thanks George. i initially got the one on season three for mesh. this will help a lot as I want to install a similar size pan dish cool
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Dejsam(m): 9:22am On Jun 09, 2009
Olubachar:

@ Xwallace,

ds happened to me.

@ guru in da house,

Any hope?

@olubachar,i have sent another patch to ur box,for 4650 and 4652.but it is for aljazeera sports .i did not con firm if its still working  on my 4650 cos i

borrowed some one my own receiver. so pls con firm and get back to me

xwallace u too take note.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Olubachar(m): 9:37am On Jun 09, 2009
@olubachar,i have sent another patch to ur box,for 4650 and 4652.but it is for aljazeera sports .i did not con firm if its still working on my 4650 cos i

borrowed some one my own receiver. so pls con firm and get back to me

xwallace u too take note.

@dejsam,
right on duty i will try it later in d day.pls check ur box
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 9:47am On Jun 09, 2009
@BUTONEDAY,
Bros, how far about that stuff with Dejsam? I tried your line last night but it was
always cutting off. Let me know if you included my own so I can transfer same to
your account.

@Dejsam,
Thanks for all your efforts. You're well appreciated.

@Badaru,
keep enjoying. No lele smiley

@microgiant,
I was about to tell you that you can best enjoy the benefit of the 3 in 1 LNB combo
with a dish size at least 2.4m. That your proposed 1.8m may not cut it.

@pitodenz,
Welcome back from your travel. Any hope with the zain stuff? MTN does misbehave
at times. E be like say the guys wan cut our joy o! grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (175)

Strong Receivers Thread / Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems / Free to Air codes

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.