Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,292 members, 7,950,506 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 03:34 PM

Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] - Satellite TV Technology (63) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] (267680 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (175) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 5:05pm On Jun 03, 2009
@deepbluesky,
You're welcome once again. How is fta faring in stuttgart? Are you guys able to
watch kabelkiosk on AB2 (8.0W) using the patches or is it just not available?

@pito,
No lele. Na you try pass. Because of you, I am free(d) to help 24hrs wink
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by FMarshal2(m): 6:12pm On Jun 03, 2009
spaceman:

@ F Marshal.
Thanx a lot.
I took tym 2 read HDTV on wikipedia, jst immediately after that post, and I grabed alot. just as u said, they are MPEG-4 coded. the difference between it and the standard/traditional systems we currently use I was able to decode. these are d kind of things that are left to those who want to know.
whats up in yankee now bros?
just enjoy shaaaaaaaaa!

@ Dejsam.
I hope say u code and decode too?
U're Welcom Bro.  wink Ol'boy we dey o! I happy sey Old man winter is now history for now, until next time. grin Now, I can have time and good weather to work on my Pet project, "Mini BUD" 1.2m Offset Dish with C-Band LNB. If and when I'm done, pictures will be posted. grin
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olofofo(m): 6:29pm On Jun 03, 2009
@toxnaija

I am not selling g+ card or any other card for that matter. Please edit your post.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by deepbluesky(m): 7:23pm On Jun 03, 2009
You're welcome once again. How is fta faring in stuttgart? Are you guys able to
watch kabelkiosk on AB2 (8.0W) using the patches or is it just not available?

George_D, actually the german TV market is based on FTA. Of course there is also the local Premiere package which most people get because of the Bundesliga (german soccer league) since many important matches are not beeing shown FTA. The poorest (in number of channels and picture quality) reception way you've got is over DVB-T (digital terrestrial) which is in our region not the most attractive since most receive either over Cable or Satellite. Latter offers of course most and is the cheapest. Cable is beeing preferred only by people that don't want to install dishes and have cables all around. It costs a lot for what you get. Further on many FTA over Satellite channels are encrypted so you've got to pay expensive subscriptions which work on NDS Videoguard so even newer TVs with integrated DVB-C tuners cannot show them. So you won't find many non-Germans that are keen on Cable. Besides that popular channels like the BBCs on Astra 2D will never get a licence in beeing distributed over german Cable. In Switzerland it's no problem at all by the way. Cable networks in Germany have built up local monopolies and this is a political relict of the past when in the beginning of the 80s Cable TV was been planned and financed by tax money. Here in our region i'd say, the only benefits you have is TF1/SF1/SF2 FTA (encrypted over Satellite), and the easy accessability to the Kabel Digital Home package that officially can only be subscribed by Cable customers although some get it over 23.5E bypassing the encryption. There are plenty others packages preferred by people in watching over Satellite. The reception rarely is the problem here but the legal access. Either resellers drive the costs far too high or you don't find a card at all. The best case is to have friends/relatives in the coutry where the package is beeing offered. Since many have not they are watching out for cs solutions or bypassing the encryption using the classical ways of programming cards, using Emus on Linux-Receivers and so on.

On the one hand here we're very lucky because of the strong signal most satellites beam to us, on the other hand only few can install whatever and whereever they like. Often the view to the wished satellites is blocked and you cannot install the dish anywhere else or you better not install a dish at all because you'll get only angry neighbours or landlord. Of course moving elsewhere is always an option but regarding the high rents of flats here you might think over and thus it's not always that practical especially if the flat offers some other comfort.

In my case, i've just got Cable here, cannot receive any position East of 7E at all and my balcony is not that big that a small dish would cut the view as well. 3 years ago i had installed a Gibertini 65cm motorised by a Moteck SG2100A and a Skystar 2 PCI card just for testing in the summertime. I had access to the 58W-7E window of the max. here possible 61W-85E. The dish was of course too small for some positions but i was surprised that it let me receive part time even some weaker ones that are known to need about 1m.

Most dishes here are rather small 30-90cm. More and more multifeed systems are beeing installed on those or on T90. In Stuttgart you must search very long to find really big dishes on private houses. And big means here starting on 1.20m since space is not much for the majority of people. Really huge dishes either have DXers living on the countryside, mostly in houses of their own, or people with migration background that are interested in receiving their home programming. Some examples: 7W/26E/36E/40E/42E in Ku and many C-Band positions that can require even 3.70m to get them well. Since these are very few and widespread, i don't know anybody of them personally but just having contact over sat boards that allow to exchange data on how a particular frequency is beeing received there and there just like here.

Some photos of installations in Europe:
http://www.satlex.us/en/gallery.html
http://www.satzentrale.de/galerie/fotogalerie.shtml

These 2 might require registration but it's really worth it:
http://www.satellites.co.uk/satellite/picture-members-setups-general-satellite-installations/
http://www.satclub-thueringen.de/wbb2/board.php?boardid=34

Kabelkiosk (KK) is as far as i know not working anymore but i might be wrong since i'm rarely dealing with encryption bypassing topics. I'd recommend in searching this board: http://www.sat-television.com/
You must know that KK is supposed to have moved to 9E til July 15th, so 8W will be empty of this package.

Greetings from Stuttgart
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Ngwakwe: 7:46pm On Jun 03, 2009
@All G-group members

that latest Mytv patch has now open the station

though yesterday when I uploaded the patch it refused to open but now is showing fine and well-
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 8:18pm On Jun 03, 2009
@deepbluesky,
Wow! That was quite an interesting read. And the pictures, my! Are they amazing!
In comparison to what is happening in FTA at your side of the world, I think we are still
a long way behind here. The only difference is that we here have the liberty of bigger
dishes to play with unlike you guys that are either restricted by space or legislation.

Some members here have been making inquiries on how to install H-H motors for 90cm
dishes. Since you're more into those size dishes, maybe could you offer some help in that
regard? Just a step by step guide will be ok.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Enigma(m): 8:37pm On Jun 03, 2009
I will check the g+ magic when he gets back at the weekend.Heard it has been on since 2007 without any break or need for update.If you need details,please holla my ogas mentioned.All you need with the g+ is a 1.8m dish and C-band lnb.Get the details from the group please.It is very confidential.

tox, I first hinted about this in This Post from September last year. In particular note the line
" ,  is not hacked (though some say the 68e c Band might be open on some cards)."

Enigma,
what dish size will pick Intelsat 10 C-band with the C beam in the UK?

I honestly don't know, try lyngsat etc; most people here don't bother with C band.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olofofo(m): 9:30pm On Jun 03, 2009
@all

speaking of HH motors. anyone interrested in the superjack DG-120 suitable for motorizing up to 1.2m dishes should get in touch with me. limited quantities available.

below is some explanation on installation:

http://www.vetrun.net/forums/showthread.php?t=7450

here is the link to the "GORB TRACK" software mentioned in the post http://members.chello.nl/~berry.walda/GorbTrack_EN.htm

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by FMarshal2(m): 10:27pm On Jun 03, 2009
@ Enigma
Have you heard of a Linux FTA Box called "AZBox" already in Europe and capable of HD, DVB-S2 4:2:2, MPEG-4, Internet youtube connection among other features? See AZBox webpage here. Any comment or insight will be appreciated. smiley
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by microgiant: 8:08am On Jun 04, 2009
@ Enitan

Check the signal quality level as I explained to you. I can't watch TV Miramar with Strong 4663 due to no green on the quality but the sonicview 4000 has no problem with it, even without any indication on the quality bar

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by mreds: 8:52am On Jun 04, 2009
@George_D
I rily admire ur contribution,i'm rily interested in fta,where do i start from?presently i av anoda dish d size of hitv and strong 4652 decoder,wat fta can i get on this at least 4 a start,tnx.

@twinstaiye
Tnx bro,i wud buzz u 2day BGG,my yahoo username is denroty
@emexi
may i pls request 4 d zain ftb config?Tnx
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Dejsam(m): 9:18am On Jun 04, 2009
@george d,

whats up with ur messenger,i need to chat u about some stuff.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Olubachar(m): 9:25am On Jun 04, 2009
speaking of HH motors. anyone interrested in the superjack DG-120 suitable for motorizing up to 1.2m dishes should get in touch with me.

How much is it?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olofofo(m): 9:35am On Jun 04, 2009
Olubachar:

How much is it?

olofofo@gmail.com 2 sold remaining 2.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Dejsam(m): 10:11am On Jun 04, 2009
Dejsam:

@george d,

whats up with ur messenger,i need to chat u about some stuff.

@ GEORGE D,

i have dispatched the latest coco update to ur box.so just ceeck it out.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by eduzo(m): 10:12am On Jun 04, 2009
emexi
Will do. As for the whiskey you can count on it.
George D
i haven't got hold of emexi yet. When i do i will certainly fill you in.Oh and i think you speak for the house.
eduzo
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by fasone(m): 11:52am On Jun 04, 2009
@all

I think we should just exercise some patience whenever it appears that mytv is blocked. The reason being that it has never been blocked for a while now. I noticed also that mytv wouldnt open on my receiver too but I restrained myself from applying the latest patch which I had with me of course. After a few hours, the channel opened again with march 9th 2009 patch currently on my receiver. (SRT4661X_4664X_MyTV_121p_20090309) May be they were trying to find the key to lock the channel, I pray that they never get it.(LOL)
Good day all.

@george d, dejsam, toxnaija, badaru, twinsaiye, etc, etc
I hail you guys. I dont know say dejsam dey my backyard self. what nairaland fta has joined 2gether,,
Happy tracking.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by osef(m): 12:04pm On Jun 04, 2009
@baba egun
  is like its, the fault is from headquaters as they ,here had to download the sheet from internet, its been like that for some weeks now.
@ all
I had a offer for a mesh dish 2.4 for 13k since i could not get my nile sat  can you advice me to buy it in order to try it again or help me out on getting the nile sat, the owner of the 4652 I was using  to find the nile sat wants it back
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 12:57pm On Jun 04, 2009
mreds:

@George_D
I rily admire ur contribution,i'm rily interested in fta,where do i start from?presently i av anoda dish d size of hitv and strong 4652 decoder,wat fta can i get on this at least 4 a start,tnx.

@mreds,
This your question has already been answered in my post on page 59 of this thread while I was
welcoming twinskenny. All the same here is it once again:

You can watch etv, sabc, cnbc, press tv, etc on pas 7/10 where mytv is. You can also watch MBC
tanzania, TV Zimbo, etc on Eutelsat w3a, you can watch globecast on sirius 4, and LC2, TV5 monde,
france 24, direct 8 on NSS7.

NOTE: For w3a and sirius 4, you may need at least a dish size of 65cm. If it is that very small size
hitv dish you have, you may be limited only to pas 7/10.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 1:01pm On Jun 04, 2009
@microgiant,
You mean this sonic view decoder does better for signals that are too weak for strong to handle?
Kindly explain if yes, I may want to get one too to try on nilesat signals.

@Dejsam,
Thanks for the updates. I noticed last night that ART was down on starsat.
I have accepted you on yahoo. Will chat later.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by jujukemist(m): 1:12pm On Jun 04, 2009
george d how u de? i de hail
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Dejsam(m): 1:39pm On Jun 04, 2009
@ ALL,.

the latest echolink update with jsp sports have been dispatched to all google group members.(ali c)

for those using ZETA AND ETA series should still hold on.

WITHOUT ABRACADABRA

Add,
C+ France (S2) (019.2 E)
Numericable (019.2 E) - 0084 Next Key 0D For JULY
FTC (S2) (019.2 E) - 0085 Next Key 0D For JULY
RAI Hotbird (13.0°E) Next Key 0D For JULY
- Mediatech (Amos, 4°W) Next Key 0D For JULY
- Digi TV (Intelsat 1W)
- TV Globo (Hotbird 13E)
- Rai 1, 2, 3, 4 (Hotbird 13E)

WITHOUT ABRACADABRA and Emu Keys

JSC SPORT+1+2+3+4 Nilesat 7°W (for <ALI C and Epsilon)

WITH ABRACADBRA |

- Art (Nilesat 7W) (DOWN)
- Showtime (Nilesat 7W)
- CanalDigitaal / TV Vlaanderen (ASTRA 19.2E)
- La7 Cartapiu (Atlantic Bird 1 12.5W)
- Canal Digital Nordic (Thor 0.8W)
- NTV PLUS (Eutelsat W4 36E)
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by microgiant: 1:49pm On Jun 04, 2009
George_D:

@microgiant,
You mean this sonic view decoder does better for signals that are too weak for strong to handle?
Kindly explain if yes, I may want to get one too to try on nilesat signals.
That's what I experienced, but it has no card reader, also the firmware is readily available for north america - usa & canada, before they migrated to nagra3.  Purchased online from USA, not available in EMEA.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by fadinus(m): 1:50pm On Jun 04, 2009
George, wats ur yahoo id, need to tlk wit u bout sumtin.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Enigma(m): 3:34pm On Jun 04, 2009
F_Marshal:

@ Enigma
Have you heard of a Linux FTA Box called "AZBox" already in Europe and capable of HD, DVB-S2 4:2:2, MPEG-4, Internet youtube connection among other features? See AZBox webpage here. Any comment or insight will be appreciated. smiley

Yeah, the AZ Box is one of the receivers exciting hobbyists currently (others include the Cube Revo and the DM 800). I haven't had a play with any of the three yet but there is a good thread (link below) on one of the UK forums on the AZBox.

http://www.satellites.co.uk/satellite/azbox-english-language-section/
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by emeystan(m): 3:53pm On Jun 04, 2009
Hello house, i just installed a 90cm dish, i am using strong receiver, also gotten some fta channels on mytv(intelsalt 7/10)
Most of the stations are christain channels. Pls how can i get stations (fta) that shows quality programs. I reside in ajegunle lagos. I am ready to pay anyone who can do it for me. Thanks one love
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by obnelly: 7:08pm On Jun 04, 2009
all ,a new satellite called rascom is on the way its on 2.8E
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by anothny(m): 7:24pm On Jun 04, 2009
I have had problems with free to air satellites, I just found this press release

NTA: The Nigerian Television Authority, by the authority of Nigeria’s Federal Government has formed a partnership, and signed an agreement with Suncastv to broadcast NTA programming in the United States. Suncastv is the only authorized IPTV broadcaster of NTA programming in the United States.

I have been watching NTA programming on http://mynigeriatv.com/

if you have a chance check it out
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 9:33pm On Jun 04, 2009
fadinus:

George, wats ur yahoo id, need to tlk wit u bout sumtin.

pinkboy_ng@yahoo.com. Expecting your mail.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 9:56pm On Jun 04, 2009
@microgiant,
Maybe I could try the sonic view on nilesat. It would be interesting to see
if gearone tp will come out strong and steady. I think I might go for one.
Kindly give me the ordering details.

By the way, those channels on w3a you referred to are DTH for West Africa.
How come you're getting so low signals? Are you sure your dish alignment
is ok?

@jujukemist,
I dey o, my brother. Long time no see smiley The movement here na wao!
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 10:18pm On Jun 04, 2009
anothny:

I have had problems with free to air satellites, I just found this press release

NTA: The Nigerian Television Authority, by the authority of Nigeria’s Federal Government has formed a partnership, and signed an agreement with Suncastv to broadcast NTA programming in the United States. Suncastv is the only authorized IPTV broadcaster of NTA programming in the United States.

I have been watching NTA programming on http://mynigeriatv.com/

if you have a chance check it out

@anothny,
Like someone already pointed out earlier, you don't need an internet connection to watch NTA of all stations.
Why not save the bandwidth for something more important? This is a station still living in the past and
broadcasting programs to people living in the past. Any wonder they're still on analogue in this digital age?
Their presence on satellite does not fool us-the mpeg savvy viewers. The only reason some of us still bother to
watch it at all is just for the regular national news and a few other programs.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by emeystan(m): 3:04am On Jun 05, 2009
Hello house, i just installed a 90cm dish, i am using strong receiver, also gotten some fta channels on mytv(intelsalt 7/10).
Most of the stations are christain channels. Pls how can i get stations (fta) that shows quality programs. I reside in ajegunle lagos. I am ready to pay anyone who can do it for me. Thanks one love

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (175)

Strong Receivers Thread / Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems / Free to Air codes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.