Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,377 members, 7,978,200 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 09:42 PM

Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] - Satellite TV Technology (64) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] (269477 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (175) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Dejsam(m): 8:47am On Jun 05, 2009
@ all ,

the update for showtime ,art and jsp sports has been despatched to all g group members.

@ george d,

we need to chat online.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by obnelly: 9:08am On Jun 05, 2009
deji,tanx man i dey fill u
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by microgiant: 12:19pm On Jun 05, 2009
@George

I will advice you buy the Sonicview 360 Premier or Elite, Elite is i little bit higher in price. When i did my purchase it was around May2008 and i bought the sv4000 for $175 excluding shipping cost. But presently its less than a $100. The 360 Premier and Elite are new products with option for you to connect to internet - though you have to buy this parts separately.

Check this site:
http://www.gosatellite.com/fta-receiver-p/sonicview-360-premier.htm
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by microgiant: 12:23pm On Jun 05, 2009
@ George
If you can try and get it soon as prices are crashing due to no Fix yet for NAGRA3
Sonicview USA website: http://www.sonicviewusa.com/
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 1:36pm On Jun 05, 2009
@microgiant,
Ok, I'm at their website now. But seems I may still need to latch on to you
for the credit card transaction. Understand?

@Dejsam,
I've added you on messenger. Looks like your online but 'idle'
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by toxnaija: 2:38pm On Jun 05, 2009
all,
Canal 3 (Niger) is new on Intel901 C-Band(same position with AIT and Gambian TV) frequency 4112 H 1808.
I am waiting for my august visitor in the studio-Ifende!!!!!!
A lot of things are happening in the fta world.I believe very soon all forum members will forget pay-tv.I must confess that this hobby turned into a quarrel between me and a friend who felt we were cheating the pay-tv providers with our adventures.what do you think

George-D,
I tried calling you with the mtn line you used in calling me but I couldnt get thru.I want to know how you were able to fine tune your Showsports and CNN?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by FMarshal2(m): 2:40pm On Jun 05, 2009
Enigma:

Yeah, the AZ Box is one of the receivers exciting hobbyists currently (others include the Cube Revo and the DM 800). I haven't had a play with any of the three yet but there is a good thread (link below) on one of the UK forums on the AZBox.

http://www.satellites.co.uk/satellite/azbox-english-language-section/
Thanks, Enigma. I will follow the AZBox developments very closely. It seems it may be the one that has all the goodies to really enjoys Satellite hunting.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by FMarshal2(m): 2:52pm On Jun 05, 2009
toxnaija:

all,
Canal 3 (Niger) is new on Intel901 C-Band(same position with AIT and Gambian TV) frequency 4112 H 1808.
I am waiting for my august visitor in the studio-Ifende!!!!!!
A lot of things are happening in the fta world.I believe very soon all forum members will forget pay-tv.I must confess that this hobby turned into a quarrel between me and a friend who felt we were cheating the pay-tv providers with our adventures.what do you think

George-D,
I tried calling you with the mtn line you used in calling me but I couldnt get thru.I want to know how you were able to fine tune your Showsports and CNN?
Tox, how you dey?  grin

As long as we don't condone, promote, aid and abate in the compromising of Pay-Tv providers' signals then we're not cheating. Remember, we're always only interested in legal free to Air satellite signals. Any other talk outside of legally obtaining FTA signals are merely for educational purposes.  NairaLand FTA forum members abi na lie I dey tok? wink grin
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by FMarshal2(m): 3:07pm On Jun 05, 2009
anothny:

I have had problems with free to air satellites, I just found this press release

NTA: The Nigerian Television Authority, by the authority of Nigeria’s Federal Government has formed a partnership, and signed an agreement with Suncastv to broadcast NTA programming in the United States. Suncastv is the only authorized IPTV broadcaster of NTA programming in the United States.

I have been watching NTA programming on http://mynigeriatv.com/

if you have a chance check it out

As far as I know and can confirm, NTA is Legally FTA in NorthAmerica on Galaxy 19 @ 97.0°W. Whenever, I tune to it, it never lasts more than 6 minutes on the average due overall poor quality. embarassed As I have said many times on this forum before, unless NTA improve the picture & sound qualities, Program content, Camera work & Editing, and overall presentation, NTA is not worth paying 1 Kobo for to watch. I admire your courage and sentiments, but the NTA of old is a lot better that the current NTA. If you're part of NTA tell them to go back to basics. Thank you. smiley
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Olubachar(m): 3:21pm On Jun 05, 2009
As long as we don't condone, promote, aid and abate in the compromising of Pay-Tv providers' signals then we're not cheating. Remember, we're always only interested in legal free to Air satellite signals. Any other talk outside of legally obtaining FTA signals are merely for educational purposes. NairaLand FTA forum members abi na lie I dey tok? Wink Grin

No be lie oo tongue
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by ojofree: 3:22pm On Jun 05, 2009
Hi all
i have not been on this forum in ages, though i try to look in and keep abreast of what is going on, you guys are doing a great job keeping the flame alight, i see we have evolved from the old days of 90cm, i am looking forward to moving apartments so i can join and enjoy the goodies on FTA.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by emeystan(m): 3:53pm On Jun 05, 2009
Hello house, i just installed a 90cm dish, i am using strong receiver, also gotten some fta channels on mytv(intelsalt 7/10).
Most of the stations are christain channels. Pls how can i get stations (fta) that shows quality programs. I reside in ajegunle lagos. I am ready to pay anyone who can do it for me. Thanks one love
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by FMarshal2(m): 4:18pm On Jun 05, 2009
emeystan #2009 on: June 04, 2009 at 03:53:05 PM »] 

Hello house, i just installed a 90cm dish, i am using strong receiver, also gotten some fta channels on mytv(intelsalt 7/10)
Most of the stations are christain channels. Pls how can i get stations (fta) that shows quality programs. I reside in ajegunle lagos. I am ready to pay anyone who can do it for me. Thanks one love[/quote]

emeystan #2015 on: June 05, 2009 at 03:04:39 AM:

Hello house, i just installed a 90cm dish, i am using strong receiver, also gotten some fta channels on mytv(intelsalt 7/10).
Most of the stations are christain channels. Pls how can i get stations (fta) that shows quality programs. I reside in ajegunle lagos. I am ready to pay anyone who can do it for me. Thanks one love

[quote author=emeystan:

Emeystan, abeg take it easy ehn? smiley Posting multiple times will not get you a faster response.

If you're already getting legitmate "FTA" channels, what other quality FTA channels are you talking about. Remember, we don't condone piracy of Satellite signals here. wink
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by toxnaija: 10:48pm On Jun 05, 2009
all,
Ifende visited me in the studio as promised.He left about 45minutes ago in the heavy rain as I had to leave him to take the news at 10pm.We talked at length about so many fta topics especially g+.He is a wonderful looking and natured man.I hope to return his visit by going to Jos before my sojourn.

F-Marshal,
thanks for everything.I really miss you all.I could see that Iyke is really catching up in the fta world.I tried the funnel stuff on Nilesat but it seems not to work.

Badaru,
wishing you journey mercies.I will check on you when you return.

Dejsam,
pls expect my call in a few minutes.I cant wait to talk to you and microgiant.I miss you all including Butoneday,gangsta,jujukemist,and other ogas that are silent.where is Onye-ngbu,my pal?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by williams85(m): 11:18pm On Jun 05, 2009
@all. The canal 3 is yet to show any video. I was able to track Ait abuja, though the signal i weak. I think it might be from weather. I also tracked tpa feed, they where playing nba. Apart from Ait, those any of there station on 18 west and 27 west(nta) show champions league? That's why i'm interested on them.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by toxnaija: 11:49pm On Jun 05, 2009
Just spoke with another great member,Dejsam.very friendly and soft spoken!!!!I am missing everyone already.

William85,
which frequency did you use in picking the tpa feed.pls reply now.AIT is weak,I dont know why!!!!!no Champions league on that bird except you watch AIT.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olason(m): 11:52pm On Jun 05, 2009
olofofo, Pls keep one for me. would call u.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by williams85(m): 5:05am On Jun 06, 2009
@toxNaija. The tp is 3830v 5787. Yes Ait was down yesterday.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by FMarshal2(m): 5:57am On Jun 06, 2009
@3V1LW0LF
What is the meaning of that Crap!!!!  angry Moderators, please delete that Freaking nonesense angry
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olason(m): 6:17am On Jun 06, 2009
3vilwolf, pls what the hell is this? Are you alrigth at all?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olofofo(m): 8:37am On Jun 06, 2009
@all

sorry to say this but a lot of escapees from mental institutions are finding their way unto this thread this season. oga moderator we need all night vigil ooooooo.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by captainus: 10:00am On Jun 06, 2009
@All    ktn  on sirius  12527 v  4420 @oga moderator please delete that 'wolf' post.it is iritating
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by microgiant: 11:01am On Jun 06, 2009
emeystan:

Hello house, i just installed a 90cm dish, i am using strong receiver, also gotten some fta channels on mytv(intelsalt 7/10)

Install a 2.4M dish for Nilesat and patch with latest strong, also there are some great FTA channels you can watch without patching on Nilesat (e.g. BBC, CNN, Fox Series, MBC1-2-3-4-Action, etc)
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olason(m): 12:50pm On Jun 06, 2009
Oga Moderator, pls do somethig about this 3vilwolf post is just crazy. I want to believe this is not an attempt by our detractors to sabotage our effoft in bringing fta to the fore. this guy needs his head examined
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by emeystan(m): 1:36pm On Jun 06, 2009
Thanks microgiant. Are u sure it is goin to work in lagos (ajegunle), cos from ur profile u are based in yenogua
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 3:39pm On Jun 06, 2009
toxnaija:

George-D,

@toxnaija,
Sorry I'm out of reach for now but will call you later tonight. Finetuning of the LNB for showsports
and CNN takes a bit of ingenuity. Depending on the height of your installation, you could apply
same method pitodenz taught me:

First of all, get your focal lenght right and make sure that at least MBC is showing without cracking.
Then use a ladder or anything that will enable you reach the top of your dish without holding it
or disturbing the alignment. Next, get a long wooden pole (it should be light enough to hold with
one hand). Use a hammer to stick two nails at one end. The gap between the nails should be
wide enough to contain the rectangular base of the fuji without being too tight or too loose. Climb
the ladder and stretch the pole to reach the fuji. Secure it between the two nails and twist to adjust
the polarity. Do it gently and make sure the decoder is on CNN tp (12073H). Have someone watch
out for any improvement in signal quality.
Keep tweaking the lnb until you get the best possible signal quaility. Check BBC, ART and the other
weak tps to ensure they're also stable. After that, you're done.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 3:53pm On Jun 06, 2009
@williams85, & toxnaija,
Try 3813v 2480sr for AIT. That former tp (3803v) is very weak and no longer reliable for
watching AIT on Intelsat 901.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by williams85(m): 5:34pm On Jun 06, 2009
@all . My tv africa bird is about to rock. Rescan ur decoder u'll get britAsia tv with one indian religion channel. Then try this tp 12.560v 30000. Its turkey channels. Though i'm yet to confirm it. @gurus, I'll like to join you @ google groups. I'll be very loyal Pls.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by sathob(m): 6:27pm On Jun 06, 2009
How are you guyz - Nash FTA and Enitan?
long time no hear

@all
greetz
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by twinstaiye(m): 7:04pm On Jun 06, 2009
@georgeD
Can you provide a picture of the tweaking pole?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 9:28pm On Jun 06, 2009
@Oga twinstaiye,
I will do that later when I'm in town. But it's not that difficult to
figure out. It's just a pole like that used to hold all those rakes
for clearing weeds or dirt. Then you have two half inch nails
sticking out (vertically) at the end of it with a gap between them
to hold and twist the fuji lnb.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by eduzo(m): 3:27am On Jun 07, 2009
emexi
it's 3.20am. I just got through. It appears zain is down or the guys have cottoned on to it.
I have taken delivery of the laptop.

all
the"wolf" thing, we just had a prison break here in Enugu it may just be one of the escapees .You'll never know.

on the 37.6 w the Isreali broadcasting authority (IBA) occasionally does test transmissions.
toxnaija
I blind scanned 18w just Ait channels, Gambia and some education channels. No tpa feeds and all.
eduzo

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (175)

Strong Receivers Thread / Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems / Free to Air codes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.