Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,950 members, 7,969,913 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 04:31 PM

Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] - Satellite TV Technology (77) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] (268923 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) ... (175) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by adewest(m): 3:32pm On Jun 23, 2009
@All,auto scan in echolink box is thesame as blindscan on srt strong decoder. just a thought.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by McAdeex(m): 3:52pm On Jun 23, 2009
Is there anyone that has successfully installed Gorbtrack with Nigeria as its location
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by McAdeex(m): 4:11pm On Jun 23, 2009
@ Pitodenz

this is my mail aderemisamuel@gmail.com
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by McAdeex(m): 5:21pm On Jun 23, 2009
@ Pitodenz

this is my email add. aderemisamuel@gmail.com
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by pitodenz(m): 8:48pm On Jun 23, 2009
@ George D
Try https it seems that the yellow guys has bribed our german friends to close our udp mode tunnel. Never the less there is always a way out. Just exercise patient continue trying the https mode it ll click for you cos that what am using now.
@ Odilibe
If u re getting green on orbit package @ 25.5 why not try this freq 11900V, u might get green in badr 6 and may ve fox movie and series to watch just give it a try. Track the dish down a little from 25.5.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by audujagus(m): 9:40pm On Jun 23, 2009
Guru's in the house why con you assist to jtag my fried srt4663?It was fried long ago,but later advised to jtag.It will come up again.But the problem is how to making the jtag cable.Help pls.

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 11:15pm On Jun 23, 2009
@pito,
No mind those people. I finally found a way around the restriction.
The HTTPS didn't work for me so I'm still using UDP. Will explain on
phone.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 11:24pm On Jun 23, 2009
Dejsam:

@george d,

i sent something to ur box

@Dejsam,
Thanks so much. I appreciate.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by pitodenz(m): 12:04am On Jun 24, 2009
@ George D
Are you sure u found a way out for the udp cos i opened a new account with france as my country still it did not go or maybe the udp tunnel is back.Am still enjoying the https tunnel with my french account. The software i sent to where you able to use it?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by eduzo(m): 5:41am On Jun 24, 2009
odilibe
your are right crt tv is on 28.8e and its been transmitting for over four weeks now. IT HAS BEEN ON FOR A WHILE NOW.
eduzo
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olofofo(m): 5:52am On Jun 24, 2009
McAdeex:

Is there anyone that has successfully installed Gorbtrack with Nigeria as its location

Me Sir! u need to download the files from their website and follow the instructions.

@pito

olofofo@gmail.com
eduzo:

odilibe
your are right crt tv is on 28.8e and its been transmitting for over four weeks now. IT HAS BEEN ON FOR A WHILE NOW.
eduzo

over 4 weeks?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by odilibe(m): 6:54am On Jun 24, 2009
@pitodenz
i cannot get green on eurobird
25.5e orbit network ,i only
managed to get
weak signals i used my motorised 2.5m mesh dish to track it.
i may be able to
track it with my
2.4m pan dish but
it is a ground mount dish i use
it to watch nilesat, the tripod stand is
sealed on the
ground with concrete,
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by eduzo(m): 7:48am On Jun 24, 2009
olofofo
yes! over four weeks. Actually a sat installer here in Enugu who is not even a member of this forum let me in on this. There are quite a few of them about.
eduzo
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by eduzo(m): 8:01am On Jun 24, 2009
olofofo
it is interesting that some guys use 36 e as bearing for 28.8 e i used 26 e and tracked this. Repeat over four weeks ago.
eduzo
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by captainus: 8:25am On Jun 24, 2009
@eduzo crtv has been on for months.i tracked it here in Ghana with 98% quality just after toxnaija,adewest and pito tracked it .it is ltm tv and the mpeg 4 channels that have been on for just some couple of weeks now.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Dejsam(m): 8:33am On Jun 24, 2009
@ all,

i tried trackin the astra stuff last nite that i got home.i hitted green with i.8m motorised dish attaining a signal quality of 98%.just two channels have

started broadcast.i.e crtv and lmtv.the others fall under audio broadcast only.lets just hope for a better package in some few weeks to come.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by pitodenz(m): 8:33am On Jun 24, 2009
@ Odilibe
           Try the freq i send to you it has higher signal level than those orbit but its 26' almost the same position with orbit package just a little difference just give it a try and get back to me.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by mreds: 8:38am On Jun 24, 2009
Please guys, i know dis mite not be fta related, i removed a dstv smartcard from a strong decoder and insert it into anoda strong decoder(newly upgraded) and it didn't work, i cal an installer based in abuja and he said dat d decoder has got to go 2ru some re-programming and coding,i knw jst undastand d guy, i stay in lagos.Pls can any1 help 2 solve dis mystery,tnx!
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by blexxonmak(m): 10:17am On Jun 24, 2009
@mreds.The easiest and fastest way to solve this mystery is to get a dstv decoder
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by pitodenz(m): 10:46am On Jun 24, 2009
@ George D
Thanks a lot. It seems that its only server 01 now available for us in udp.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 11:43am On Jun 24, 2009
@pitodenz,
No wahala. I'm happy yours is equally up and running. I went to their website and
they have appologized for the glitch. It seems the problem was from their server
and they said it is now rectified.

Kindly resend that software to my box (pinkboy_ng@yahoo.com). Looks like you sent
it to the wrong address cause I've not recieved it yet.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 11:45am On Jun 24, 2009
@Dejsam,
How far about the stuff I asked you to check for me? I'm
still expecting the feedback.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by sathob(m): 12:42pm On Jun 24, 2009
Hi all

If I am not mistaking, I think CRTV and Multimedia are two different service providers. I phoned CRTV some months back at the time pito broke the news (there was advert on the air waves). They provide around 200 channels and charge about 50K inclusive installation. They have been in operation some months back. I think they just put one FTA channel for ad.

Multimedia TV as mentioned by blakstars, provides a 10 channel package as advertised on their HITZ TV, audio only channel. They just happen to be transmitting through the same bird 28.2 E as CRTV.

I stand to be corrected.

Yesternight, I tried to nail this CRTV stuff, so, I entered the frequency 12599V 3250 in the Astra 2ABD satellite on my receiver (strong 4653x). I did close to an hour of tracking but there was no green. Then I decided to put in the same freq. values into Eurobird 2, and pa, there was green. CRTV was around 82%, I also got the Nhyira, Joy TV & etc but lmtv, as mentioned by dejsam and captain earlier, not even after several blind scans. The weather is bad, so ‘ll wait for a clear weather to try the lmtv.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by microgiant: 1:12pm On Jun 24, 2009
mreds:

Please guys, i know dis mite not be fta related, i removed a dstv smartcard from a strong decoder and insert it into anoda strong decoder(newly upgraded) and it didn't work, i cal an installer based in abuja and he said dat d decoder has got to go 2ru some re-programming and coding,i knw jst undastand d guy, i stay in lagos.Pls can any1 help 2 solve dis mystery,tnx!

For your info; presently, DSTV cards are married to their decoders, a DSTV CARD married to one decoder doesn't work in another DSTV decoder except you take it to their office where they will make the change for you.  In order words it can only work in the original decoder it was activated in.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by kascar(m): 2:31pm On Jun 24, 2009
@fofo, how the naming ceremony?hope it went well.
@adewest,bros long time.how ur trip.the last time we saw was when i dropped u at ur bros place at maryland.hope u remember.still have ur num call u soon.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Patai: 2:48pm On Jun 24, 2009
@Audujagus
audujagus:

Guru's in the house why con you assist to jtag my fried srt4663?It was fried long ago,but later advised to jtag.It will come up again.But the problem is how to making the jtag cable.Help pls.

Building simple JTAG: http://www.diygadget.com/store/index.php?_a=viewDoc&docId=12

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by osef(m): 2:55pm On Jun 24, 2009
@George D and Adewest
pls i tried getting nile with 1.8 and did not succeed can you help me bros,I live in kogi state somewhere west of the state close to omou ekiti in Ekiti state,
@ George D
pls what dish is customise for nile sat
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by ifende(m): 4:38pm On Jun 24, 2009
@pitodenz

please send the software to my email onyema@ifende.com

Thanks
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Gangsta101(m): 5:21pm On Jun 24, 2009
Hi Pito,

Could you also send the software to me also?

gangstastick@gmail.com

Danke
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by JMS(m): 5:23pm On Jun 24, 2009
Hi Nairalanders, Nigeria is blessed, i am "jaleous" because your country is covered by many birds, Nilesat, Arabsat 2b even eurobird1 & Astra 2A.
believe me you are very lucky because here in Brazzaville many guys would like to track Al jazeera package for live sports but sorry, i am little bit surprise by the fact that some people here picks Al manar which is in high beam of Arabsat 2b that does not cover Congo but not other channels; i will try again next time, enjoy the Mexican package 12645H SR 30000 and the come back of Go Africa 11105H SR 3800 for the Italian foot this season, at last, i hope that Eutelsat W2A C & Telstar 11ku will bring more happiness for FTA lovers who are making effort to learn many languages.
LOL!!!
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 9:12pm On Jun 24, 2009
@
osef:

@George D and Adewest
pls i tried getting nile with 1.8 and did not succeed can you help me bros,I live in kogi state somewhere west of the state close to omou ekiti in Ekiti state,
@ George D
pls what dish is customise for nile sat

@osef,
You can get nile at kogi with 1.8m mbc 1,2,3 & 4, mtv arabia, etc if you're skilled enough
but some of the H tps may be struggling to come out. To be on the safer side, it is advisable
to use minimum 2.4m pan or fibre. Also, you need to check your dish alignment. Make sure it
is perfectly vertical and check your dish focal length-very important.
Try tracking NSS7 first. With strong 4663X you should be able to get maximum signal of 97%.
Then move your dish slightly upwards to the right for nilesat. Use mtv arabia tp (11977v)
and you should hit green.

Dishes customized for fuji have a triple feed tripod as opposed to a quad feed tripod like
comstar. Reason being that fuji lnb bracket (scaler) is triangular in shape and cannot fit into
a four arm tripod. For that you need a circular scaler like that of supermas or strong. You can
still use the fuji on four arm dishes but it needs a lot of improvisation and in the process, you
may not be able to get accurate lnb position leading to signal loss and bad installation.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by dorg3: 10:02pm On Jun 24, 2009
all
arsenal tv is on at mytv bouquet. enjoy it while it last.

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) ... (175)

Strong Receivers Thread / Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems / Free to Air codes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.